Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 23rd, 2012

Barbra Streisand on the word 'diva': "I scream at my husband. It doesn't make me a diva"

Coming up Sunday, Piers Morgan sits down for a face to face discussion with one of the most-decorated and respected women in the history of Hollywood and the arts, Barbra Streisand. Joining "Piers Morgan Tonight" for an hour-long primetime interview, the legendary star of "Yentl", "Funny Girl" and most recently "The Guilt Trip" talked about her public reputation as a "diva."

"I hate to disappoint you," the very down-to-earth Streisand, told Morgan. "I scream at my husband. It doesn't make me a diva."

Streisand did admit that she is a perfectionist saying, "I am proud to say I am. But there is no such thing as perfectionist, and I found that out when I was 15 years old."

"I wrote it in my journal, that perfection is imperfect. So it has that humanity, like human qualities. Otherwise it's cold, right? You can just strive for perfection. Another word is excellence, to strive for excellence."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, then tune in Sunday at 9 p.m. as Streisand explains how she doesn't see herself as the "star" the public perceives.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Twitter
>; Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. greg

on Yahoo today from Tagg, Romney's son"Dad never wanted to be President"...do not understand..so much money wasted..he could have given it to the poor or to the US Gov't to reduce the deficit.....

December 23, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chuck

And Obama clearly could have too. I guess you liberal hypocrites closed your star struck eyes for when an enormous amount of money was spent by Obama's campaign. By the way, this is for Alison-you have some serious hate going on.

December 25, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Alison Dubois

How do I have alot of hate Chuck?? I'm all for free speech but why watch something if you don't like the artist and then be disrespectful an comment nasty thing about her? They don't know her personally and they don't have to deal with what she has to every day of her lives so they shouldn't judge her on hearsay!!!!

December 26, 2012 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. blabla

It may not make you Diva, I agree but it does make you a b!tch

December 23, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alison Dubois

Oh Shut up blabla you obviously have no idea what you are talking about so keep your disrepectful comments to yourself you div!!!

December 24, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • rebecca

GOOD ONE.........LOL. WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER FACE " THE WAY WE WERE.........MY GOSH IT IS STONE COLD.

December 26, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jude

Piers, REALLY!!!!!! How blatantly flirtatious, to the point of being obnoxious!!! Wipe the drool off your chin and get on with a PROFESSIONAL interview with Barbra!!!

December 23, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Debbie

What a wonderful enjoyable interview. Barbara is just a sincere, humble lady.

December 23, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Med

She is far from a nice lady. She's judgmental, rude & obnoxious. She hates people who have their own opinion. I wouldn't pay a penny to walk across the street to see her!

December 27, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Paciano Osias

And you know this because you know her in person?

January 16, 2013 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. Colleen

Omg this program was revolting piers seriously! are you ok? Are you through worshipping this woman? Revolting really"!
    Barbra Streisand is a moron and seriously she can sing but can't think!

December 23, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alison Dubois

WOOOW Collen you are clearly and idiot and a jelous person!!!!!!From us respectful Barbra Streisand fans to you Collen you are the MORON and a big fat capital letter moron. Get your facts about Barbra Streisand right before you post your stupid comments!!! And you must Like her, why else would you have watched it!!!

December 24, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. angela thomas

Very soothing, relaxing interview, with a fascinating, beautiful woman

December 23, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dalia Carmel

Piers the interview was riveting, entertaining, heart warming. You set the interview beautifully and thus it was a joy.
    thanks for a lovely hour.

December 23, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sandra

Wonderful interview. You put Barbra at ease allowing her to be herself. She is my favorite actress & singer. I dream that one day I will be able to afford tickets to one of her concerts.

December 28, 2012 at 2:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Steve E

Piers said "The Way We Were" was his favorite movie. I got to watch the diner scene being filmed on location in Ballston Spa NY in 1973 when I was 21 yrs old.

December 24, 2012 at 12:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. F Creaser

Unfortunately you portrayed Barbara to be someone other then who she really is. She is a complete phony!!

December 24, 2012 at 12:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Newton Cole

Dude, you are so wrong.

NC

December 24, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alison Dubois

WOOOOW F Creaser you are a complete idiot!!!! Barbra Streisand will be far much better then you will ever be in your pathetic life even after she is long gone she will still rule over you!!!! And with a name like F Creaser you are bound to fail!!!!

December 24, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Newton Cole

Years ago, while on tour with Elliott Gould, he asked me to show his son, Jason, some fun in the French Quarter while we were in New Orleans. Jason was still enjoying his well-deserved fame from appearing in "The Prince of Tides". We went into a bar, it was immediately abuzz with his presence, yet he was humble, polite, and a really great guy to everyone who had the nerve to speak to him. I enjoyed the evening, trying to give him complete freedom to meet whomever he pleased, but remembering that his mom and dad would roast me alive if anything happened to him.

His parents did a great job raising this guy.

Newton Cole

December 24, 2012 at 1:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alison Dubois

Well Said there!!! I have not had the pleasure of meeting his parents let alone Jason but he is a very respectfull person I just know this by the look at his Charming posture!!!

December 24, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • senrbtch

babe; dis it not a chattie kathie room. u wanna chat ,go to a chattieroom. and ,she, barbie is ugly wit da hag face and that is a quer outfit. so u muss be as ole as she it.

December 26, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
      • Alison

Senbtch you need to learn how to type dude!!!!

January 4, 2013 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joel

It was so strained and awkward

December 24, 2012 at 1:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Chris

I love her. I loved the interview. Though see did even admit it herself that she was on her "good behavior" for the interview, so I do wish you had adored her a little less and stirred things up a little more. It would have been refreshing to see her passions come alive or caught off guard a little. With the exception of Mike Wallace, every seems afraid of her. And what was with the no plastic surgery comments? The woman is 70 yrs old! She looks amazing. Obviously there has been a tasteful nip and tuck the last view years. Why be ashamed and lie about it? Or did she think you were just referring to her never getting a nose job? I really DO love her. Lifelong fan here.

December 24, 2012 at 5:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Griff.

"Just because Obama say 'boo' at the GOP, doesn't make his a Leader, nor does sitting and having a beer this christmas with his Buddies... A Leader would try and help other's in the world. Quote: . A government airstrike on a bakery in a rebel-held town in central Syria killed more than 60 people on Sunday, activists said, casting a pall over a visit by the international envoy charged with negotiating an end to the country's civil war. Unquote.

December 24, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. very rude

piers morgan is a very rude person. he licks the boots of clueless socialists and is rude to anyone that is proud to be an american citizen. cnn is truly the communist news network.

December 24, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. eric

I just wanted to say keep it up Piers! I think it's about time there was a voice like yours going out there and speaking truth to the gun situation. Too many in this country are either too polite, or not willing to raise the issue, and I applaud you for talking in depth about this! Keep it up. I, and many others are watching your show. Happy holidays and happy new year to you, your family and your hard working crew.

Don't give in!
    Eric
    Los Angeles

December 24, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. PV

The Hollywood Jews and o- yes this woman just beautiful... Bull sht !!! She looks just like a Possum in the face.

December 24, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alison Dubois

Oh shut it you are a tw*t!!

December 24, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Alison Dubois

Barbra Striesand you are still and will always be a graceful, elegant, beautiful, and talented WOMAN in the eyes of all of your fans!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

December 24, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Faye

What is wrong with Piers Morgan being a long-time fan and admirer of Barbra Streisand? So he gushes when he meets his favorite celebs in person – sounds like the rest of us mortals. Although I agree with Piers on the gun issue, I don't believe that his skin is thick enough to have guests on his show with viewpoints or opinions opposed to his. Much like Nancy Grace, he was not only rude the night of his so called Town Hall show, but he was a bully by asking a guest a question and then shouting him down and not giving him a chance to answer one let alone three questions. As I keep asking CNN...why let Nancy Grace have Defense Attorneys on her show because very seldom do they get to express their opinion or answer her question because she is shouting them down. And, sadly Piers Morgan acted very unprofessional in front of other highly professional guests and Town Hall guests and audience. CNN get a grip and don't let Nancy Grace and Piers Morgan have guests on their shows with opposite viewpoints from theirs or send those two CNN bullies to an extended refresher course on interviewing difficult guests and guests with different opinions than theirs..

December 25, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Laurie

I respect the body of work that Barbra Striesand has given us and her talent for singing is unsurpassed. One of my favorite movies is "The Way We Were". But, I have information from a reliable source, that she is a "diva". She is close to impossible to deal with and makes this person's life HELL. So, she can say what she wants, but she is a first class B....

December 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. B. Jones

Who really gives a rats behind what Barbra thinks about politics.... she's an actress for God's sake. That's like me getting my political views from my mailman or something. And to think some will take her comments to heart, just because she's someone famous.

December 25, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. MJD

I am an artist and can see how Barbra can not be satisfied with her work. I feel the same about the stuff I make

December 25, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Marilyn king

Morgan is so annoying. A truly great guest and he repeatedly asks a long winded question, then he answers it and then asked if she agrees. Track the amount of time he eats up asking each question, vs the response. Ask the question in half the time and shut up. We want to hear HER, not him. Arrgggh.

December 25, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Paula DiCaprio

Piers Morgan talks so much we hardly get to hear what the guests have to say!!! For once in forever, Barbara Striesand gives an interview and we spend most of the time having to listen to HIM!!! I cant tell you how frustrating it is to listen to him go on and on!!! Who taught him how to interview? Did anyone tell him that HE is not the guest????

December 26, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • M king

Thank you, how many of us cannot stand to watch this guy? Then he has a compelling guest like Barbra, and we watch to hear from her, and we get him. Frustrating as you said, and confirming why we turn him off.

December 26, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Charles Holmes

I was personally offended by CNN airing this episode of a Jewish liberal on Christmas Day/Eve. Knowing CNN, this was not just some mistake, but was purposefully done. I have nothing against Barbra or Jews in general, but it would have been equally offensive if they had aired a discussion with the Pope on Hanackkuh. To me, just another attack of the press on religion. But please know, CNN, this is why you are losing ratings by the bucketful. Have some sense of propriety in future.

December 26, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Eyorre

I watched this to open my views, but all I saw were two like-minded people high-fiving on how great progressives are and how bad conservatives are. At one point, Babs was asked if she could ever love a republican ... "No!" Good open mind. They went on to show their disgust of the amound spent by Romney in the election, saying Romney spent too much money ... sorry to burst the bubble, but Obama outspent Romney and didnt have a Primary to worry about. The numbers come from the NYT, so they must be correct! (http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/campaign-finance). It's really terrible when facts get in the way of your disgust for opposing views.

December 26, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. senrbtch

barbie lern hoos to dres, dat tie and thing aint wat it is.

December 26, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Condo mania

Piers Mogan: a voice of rationality: I guess that's why there are so many negative pts ov view

December 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Susan

I missed this. Will it be replayed this week?

December 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Chris

Piers showed his bias when he allowed Streisand to get away with standard lie about discrimination of women and heart disease, when she stated the factoid lie that more women than men actually die of heart disease.and that s where her activism comes from. Oh please Piers , come on you would nt let any guy get away with thats sort of truth manipulation.
    Stop drooling over your female guests, please.

December 28, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. JJ

Since Piers and Barbra are so in love with the Democratic Party and hate Republicans so much, I would like to ask them as a Canadian living in the US, if they think there should just be one party....the Democrats? Would that be better for this country...just one party, yours, where everyone agrees with You? Wish Piers would take a CNN poll of his listeners, what do they think? Or do you care what they think? After all, it might show a different opinion than yours and Barbra! Would you be willing to take a chance? Please reply to my email address that was provided...I would like to know if you get messages like this. Thank you.

December 28, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Mildred Kasonovich

I have always been a big fan of Barbra Streisand. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to watch her waste her talent by wading around in the swamp of politics. There are plenty of other people hogging the media spotlight to do that. I'm referring to her unfortunate remark about Pres. Bush (No. 41). She said he was an awful president because he was a businessman. I think his background was very varied and suited for the presidency. She failed to mention Pres. Bush was a military man, congressman, CIA director and I think had some sort of diplomatic post. Whether he was a failed president is a matter of opinion.

December 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Mildred Kasonovich

I forgot to mention another disappointment regarding the Barbra Stresand interview. And that has to do with the unprofessionalism of Piers Morgan. I can't understand why interviewers allow guests to use their show as platforms to air their views without some sort of check-and-balance by the interviewer. Piers should have corrected her re: Pres. Bush 41 as I stated in an earlier interview. Is Barbara really saying that candidates for the presidency should all be professional politicians or movie stars? (I doubt that Barbra would have gotten away with that with Larry King. King always seemed well informed and had more background knowledge of the subjects being discussed.)

December 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Florentina Hascall

I am incessantly thought about this, thank you for putting up.

December 29, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Texas Proud

Diva? More like She devil

December 30, 2012 at 8:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. James

No matter what she says she is criticized. She answers with her honest point of view. Is that not what anyone should do? She talks of her work, she is considered narcissistic. If she speaks of politics, she is an idiotic, narrow minded Democrat. If she were considered "pretty", most people wouldn't give her such a hard time...she would be considered intelligent, as well as talented. Regardless of her political views, in her work, she has always shown the un-recognized, and shunned intelligence of women. She is one of the few who have taken a lot of heat for the future benefit of females in our society. Whether it's in the arts, politics, or being a business woman. She has held the door open for many others to achieve their dreams and goals. I ,or anyone else, may not agree with what she says at times, but I thank her for the self esteem and courage she has given the women in my life.

December 30, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Sam

Barbara who?

January 1, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Jim

Beautiful voice, but an excellent example of how "movie stars" believe their opinions mean something. Unfortunately, Peirs gives her the stage to express her opinions, but fortunately gives us the right to continue to not buy her music or watch her movies based on her slanted views and hatred (I assume she's been in a movie or produce a new song since the 70s). Does she move back to the US after Obama won?

January 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Anne cleghorn

Thank you for the interview, I loved it and Barbra.

January 2, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. annie

B Streisand is a beautiful down to earth woman.....& very humble...sadly her son never got married & had children..but she has step children & step grand children..she's ok w/that..handsome son,,beautiful voices both of them ...

January 5, 2013 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Julietta Scimeca

The nose, nasal dorsum, or tip can be revised substantially and improved tremendously, by injecting these cosmetic fillers. A recommended combined approach for Rhinoplasty or Revision Rhinoplasty using Juvederm or Restylane are to use these fillers as an ancillary procedure during the Rhinoplasty rather than operate on a certain part of the nose, which can be difficult and not as predictable.`":*

Check out all of the most current short article at our web page <http://www.picturesofherpes.co/

July 2, 2013 at 9:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Private Personal Training

"I scream at my husband. It doesn't make me a diva" Nope it does not! It just makes you married.

January 26, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply