READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 2, 2013 – House staves off fiscal cliff, but more squabbles lie ahead, why your paycheck is getting smaller no matter what and John Boehner's White House F-bomb...
• House staves off fiscal cliff, but more money squabbles lie ahead: "After exhaustive negotiations that strained the country's patience, the House approved a bill to avert the dreaded fiscal cliff, staving off widespread tax increases and deep spending cuts. In the 257-167 vote late Tuesday, 172 Democrats and 85 Republicans favored the bill; 16 Democrats and 151 Republicans opposed it."
• Why your paycheck is getting smaller, no matter what: "For middle class Americans, there will be no escaping higher taxes in 2013. Congress was able to pass legislation to keep broader middle class income taxes from rising. But workers will still have to pay at least 2% more in payroll taxes."
• Fiscal Cliff: Five things to know: "Now that the House has passed a Senate deal to avert the fiscal cliff, it will become law when President Barack Obama signs it. He has returned to Hawaii to join his family on vacation. Here are five things to know about the complex bill, and what it does and doesn't do."
• Stocks rally into 2013: "U.S. stocks surged into the New Year after U.S. lawmakers reached a last minute deal to avert the fiscal cliff. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied more than 260 points, or 2%, early Wednesday. Gains were broad, with all 30 Dow stocks showing solid gains."
• John Boehner's White House F-bomb: "For all the stalemate in the fiscal cliff negotiations, there were some heated moments, too."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Speaker Boehner is the ANTICHRIST. How dare these republicans spend our hard earned middle class money, send our YANKEE boys and girls into harms way for their own personal gripes (Iraq war) then chose to unilaterally let us starve in our time of need after a storm of the century like Sandy! I pleaded with everyone in NY/NJ/CT and anywhere north of VA to NEVER EVER hold a fund raiser for these animals ever again while people from our states are living in tent cities with babies, no food no shelter. The Bible Thumpers are nothing but vindictive people hell bent on still fighting the civil war. Katrina victims got aid in less time than this. SHAME ON THEM ALL!!!!!!! America, vote the Republicans out at every election-they are no good for our country! Fat cats only think of themselves and they are greedy!!!!!!!
I completely agree with you Elaine.
I will no longer watching CNN becuase of Piers Morgan. I am not a right wing conservative. In fact I am a Democrat and have been all my life, but I am a supporter of the second ammendment. I feel that Morgan is using his program and your network to force a way of life on rural Americans that he believes is best for us. I have enjoyed watching your network in the past and will regretfully stop watching.
Notify me of new comments via email.