Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 9, 2013 – Syrian government to free 2,130 prisoners in exchange for 48 Iranians, U.S. may remove all troops from Afghanistan after 2014 and a possible swift end for Harry and Taylor...
• Syrian government to free 2,130 prisoners in exchange for 48 Iranians: "A prisoner exchange involving thousands of Syrian and Turkish captives and at least 48 Iranians was under way Wednesday in Damascus, Syria, according to a Turkish charity organization that has been involved in previous prisoner swaps in Syria."
• U.S. may remove all troops from Afghanistan after 2014: "The Obama administration is considering the possibility of removing all U.S. troops in Afghanistan after the NATO combat mission officially finishes at the end of 2014, White House officials said Tuesday."
• NRA will participate in White House gun violence meetings: "A representative of the National Rifle Association will participate in a meeting this week with Vice President Joe Biden's gun violence task force, a spokesman for the gun lobbyist said on Tuesday."
• New TVs driven by software and streaming, not pixels: "Televisions are getting wider and thinner, their edges shrinking to make room for displays that pack in more and more pixels. But the real evolution of the TV set isn't taking place with the glossy hardware. It's happening inside."
• Possible swift end for Harry and Taylor: "Although it seems like we were just talking about Taylor Swift and Harry Styles as they toured northern England for Swift's 23rd birthday, it appears their (puppy) love-fest has ended."