READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 16, 2013 – Details emerge on gun control proposal coming Wednesday, Helicopter crashes in London rush hour and Facebook introduces 'Graph Search'...
• Details emerge on gun control proposal coming Wednesday: "President Barack Obama will unveil Wednesday a package of gun control proposals that, according to a source, will include universal background checks and bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines."
• Helicopter crashes in London rush hour: "A helicopter crashed into a construction crane atop a new luxury residential building in thick London fog Wednesday, killing the pilot and another person and sparking a line of flames as it plunged to the ground."
• Malian rebels vow to 'open gates of hell' as U.S. weighs policy options: "As Islamists in northern Mali threatened to 'open the gates of hell,' the United States is navigating one tricky quandary: how does it help in the battle against the militants without violating its own policy?"
• JPMorgan slashes Dimon's bonus by 53%: "JPMorgan Chase slashed CEO Jamie Dimon's bonus by 53%, citing the fallout from the bank's so-called London Whale trading losses."
• Facebook introduces 'Graph Search': "On Tuesday, Facebook introduced an upgraded search tool, called Graph Search, that will scour the massive social network to answer more sophisticated questions."