READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 18, 2013 – 'Deeply flawed' Lance Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs, 650 hostages freed by Algerian special forces and sports writer thinks Manti Te'o may have embellished his relationship...
• 'Deeply flawed' Lance Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs: "After years of tenacious spin that he was innocent, Lance Armstrong has backpedaled in a confessional interview with Oprah Winfrey. He admitted unequivocally to using performance-enhancing drugs in his seven Tour de France wins."
• 650 hostages freed by Algerian special forces: "Algerian special forces have freed 650 hostages from Islamist militants who seized a gas complex deep in the desert, Algerian state media said Friday."
• Concerns surround Dreamliner's battery: "Whatever the reason for its recent spate of problems, Boeing's 787 Dreamliner won't fly again until regulators are satisfied the plane is airworthy."
• Debt ceiling stop-gap means GOP would pay some bills over others: "With the way forward on the debt ceiling still murky, a Republican proposal to be unveiled next week seeks to protect payments of three groups over everyone else: bond investors, seniors and military troops."
• Sports writer thinks Manti Te'o may have embellished his relationship: "With the revelation that the football feel-good story of the year centered on the Notre Dame linebacker's love for a woman who never existed, many people have questions for Te'o - a lot of questions."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
HI MORGAN ..i saw your show ..you do grear work .
Amstrong .".exomologisy"was honest after year success ..(you see god take back you take unfair).BUT sport INDUSTRY is big dirty business ..they play with big big intreses.. AMSTRONG IS NOT THE FIRST E ITHER THE LAST WHO TAKING DOPING ..
ONE MORE TIME OPRAH TAKE " VRAVIO.."with out be tierd to much ..my logic send (i need help) ?because if she is richer how writing ..she have to pay to much tax ? (sorry i forget filoanthropy) bsh.(WHY TO OPRAH AND NOT TO OTHERS)
I was never a fan of Lance Armstrong, although his charitable foundation, LiveStrong, was a noble cause. But the thing is, Lance Armstrong is not the only one who was, or is, doping. I think the organizations should be stricter on enforcing their respective drug policies. Also, they should go back and review all past events, remove all past winners who were/are suspected of doping and reaward the prizes and medals to the best of the non-doping participants.
Also, I forgot to mention, any World Records, Course Records, etc., that were set using performance enhancing drugs should be removed from the record books. We need to level the playing field and make it fair.
With all that is going on in this country why would anyone give a damn about some stupid bike rider who takes drugs. I thought Oprah was better than is crap! Let them all take drugs who cares about them and if you do you need to get a life! Get interested in real issues people!!!!!!!!
I am concerned about many issues. I've been a social activist for the last 20 years. I have posted numerous comments on various blog threads, on this website, concerning gun control. Please check them out. Don't be so quick to pass judgement, just because I made a comment on this issue.
Notify me of new comments via email.