Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 18, 2013 – 'Deeply flawed' Lance Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs, 650 hostages freed by Algerian special forces and sports writer thinks Manti Te'o may have embellished his relationship...
• 'Deeply flawed' Lance Armstrong admits using performance-enhancing drugs: "After years of tenacious spin that he was innocent, Lance Armstrong has backpedaled in a confessional interview with Oprah Winfrey. He admitted unequivocally to using performance-enhancing drugs in his seven Tour de France wins."
• 650 hostages freed by Algerian special forces: "Algerian special forces have freed 650 hostages from Islamist militants who seized a gas complex deep in the desert, Algerian state media said Friday."
• Concerns surround Dreamliner's battery: "Whatever the reason for its recent spate of problems, Boeing's 787 Dreamliner won't fly again until regulators are satisfied the plane is airworthy."
• Debt ceiling stop-gap means GOP would pay some bills over others: "With the way forward on the debt ceiling still murky, a Republican proposal to be unveiled next week seeks to protect payments of three groups over everyone else: bond investors, seniors and military troops."
• Sports writer thinks Manti Te'o may have embellished his relationship: "With the revelation that the football feel-good story of the year centered on the Notre Dame linebacker's love for a woman who never existed, many people have questions for Te'o - a lot of questions."