READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 23, 2013 – Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testifies before a Senate committee on Benghazi, 650 hostages freed by Algerian special forces and Justin Bieber dethrones Lady Gaga on Twitter...
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testifies before a Senate committee on Benghazi: "Last September's terrorist attack in Libya that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans didn't happen in a vacuum but was part of a "broader strategic challenge in North Africa and the wider region," Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Wednesday."
• Algeria attack changes terror landscape in North Africa: "It was the most ambitious and the deadliest terror attack since the rampage by Pakistani militants through Mumbai five years ago."
• New Mexico teen accused of gunning down family 'lost sense of conscience': "The tragedy unfolded early Saturday morning, when Nehemiah Griego, 15, carried a .22-caliber rifle to where his mother and 9-year-old brother slept side by side, an arrest affidavit said."
• How House Republicans would defuse debt ceiling: "On Wednesday the House is expected to vote on a Republican bill that would let the Treasury Department borrow new money until mid-May."
• Justin Bieber dethrones Lady Gaga on Twitter: "On Monday night, Justin Bieber surpassed fellow singer Lady Gaga to become the most-followed person on Twitter."