Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 28, 2013 – Hundreds dead in Brazil nightclub fire, senators outline bipartisan immigration plan, and the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards offered few surprises...
• Hundreds dead in Brazil nightclub fire: "At least 231 people died and hundreds more were injured in the fire, which authorities believe began about 2:30 a.m. Sunday when the band's pyrotechnic show ignited insulation material."
• Senators outline bipartisan immigration plan: "A bipartisan group of senators plans to announce Monday an agreement on reforming the nation’s immigration system, which President Barack Obama has called a priority in his second term in office."
• Gun owners won't be forgotten in debate, Obama says: "His upcoming legislative push for tighter restrictions on firearms won't ignore the concerns of gun owners, President Barack Obama said in a wide-ranging interview published Sunday."
• Using a credit card? Watch out for the 'checkout fee': "You might want to think twice before whipping out your credit card. As of Sunday, stores in most states could start charging you a "checkout fee" when you pay for something with plastic."
• The 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards offered few surprises: "The 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards offered few surprises but lots of congeniality on Sunday night."