READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 28, 2013 – Hundreds dead in Brazil nightclub fire, senators outline bipartisan immigration plan, and the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards offered few surprises...
• Hundreds dead in Brazil nightclub fire: "At least 231 people died and hundreds more were injured in the fire, which authorities believe began about 2:30 a.m. Sunday when the band's pyrotechnic show ignited insulation material."
• Senators outline bipartisan immigration plan: "A bipartisan group of senators plans to announce Monday an agreement on reforming the nation’s immigration system, which President Barack Obama has called a priority in his second term in office."
• Gun owners won't be forgotten in debate, Obama says: "His upcoming legislative push for tighter restrictions on firearms won't ignore the concerns of gun owners, President Barack Obama said in a wide-ranging interview published Sunday."
• Using a credit card? Watch out for the 'checkout fee': "You might want to think twice before whipping out your credit card. As of Sunday, stores in most states could start charging you a "checkout fee" when you pay for something with plastic."
• The 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards offered few surprises: "The 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards offered few surprises but lots of congeniality on Sunday night."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram
That's it! Make nightclubs illegal. Get'em Piers!
Why is that Moran and some of his guests use term "assault rifles"...The term assault rifle is an invented liberal propaganda term...The semi automatic rifles that are being proposed to be banned are not "weapons of war" as they are commonly called. And the bans that are being proposed are for the way these rifles look ..the cosmetics features and not any of the functions or the mechanics..these bans are bogus and a scam. The rifle bans that ended 2004 proved that these bans are worthless and prevented nothing...this is a fact and not a theory. There are many use's for these semi automatic rifles by law abiding citizens....and the semi automatic system has been in use by the public for over a hundred years. Morgan and the other liberals will think nothing of using the Sandy Hook tragedy as a "tool" for liberal agenda knowing that these bans would have not prevented this or any other mass shooting..The pompous arrogant Morgan,is only spewing his liberal ideology and not the facts,Our 2nd amendment rights is none of his business..and he should go home to the UK where there is the highest violent crime rate in Europe,and the shooting violence has doubled there since they put their gun bans in effect.
Rob Evans ( Canada):
Where the hell is all this PARANOIA in the States coming from ? Well you do not need to be a rocket scientist to cone up with the answer. The reply by the Lawyer representing NRA was dumb and self-promoting. Well this jerk did not talk about all the dead INNOCENT SCHOOL-CHILDREN HE SAID WE NEEDS MORE GUNS? More guns more self-inflicted PARANOIA. I have lived in canada for 70 years and NO buggler has entered my home to kill me and thus I DO NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC ASSAULT GUN TO PROTECT myself. Love your show Pier. Canada has strict gun control-NO PROBLEM.
Ya I've seen the Canadian health care system in action too. 12 year old boy dead in Calgary because he got the flu and there is not a heart specialist in a city of 1 million. You live in a glad house.
Notify me of new comments via email.