READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For February 5, 2013 – Rescued child, Ethan, is in good spirits after Alabama hostage standoff, January's FBI gun background checks are second-highest ever and Chris Christie takes fat jokes in stride (and with a donut)...
• Rescued child, Ethan, is in good spirits after Alabama hostage standoff: "Ethan was taken to a hospital, said FBI Special Agent in Charge Steve Richardson, where he was in a private area with heavy security. 'He is doing fine,' Richardson said, adding that he visited the boy. 'He's laughing, joking, playing, eating.'"
• January's FBI gun background checks are second-highest ever: "As President Barack Obama continues to push for new gun control measures, new FBI data shows that January was the second-highest month on record for gun background checks."
• House Majority Leader Eric Cantor wants to give GOP a 'makeover': "In a sharp departure from the GOP's emphasis on slashing federal spending, bringing down the deficit and moving legislation to assist the 'job creators,' the No. 2 House Republican is rolling out a more personal appeal in a speech on Tuesday with an agenda to 'make life work.'"
• Dell plans to take company private: "Dell announced plans Tuesday to go private in a deal that is worth $24.4 billion."
• Chris Christie takes fat jokes in stride (and with a donut): "As he sat on David Letterman's couch – facing the comedian who often jabs fun at his weight – the New Jersey governor pulled a donut from his pocket and started nibbling away. 'I didn't know this was going to be this long,' Christie joked."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram
Last night's Piers Morgan show ranks as a television finalist in 'Hosts Who Had Their Heads Handed to Them'. Mr. Morgan's gun debate ineptness was astonishing. Does he really believe he can convince Americans to give up their gun rights? The man is delusional.
Did you know that many gun rights people will be killed by a gun. It might be their children, wife or parents. Did you know that cars, baseball bats, kitchen knives and fists were not made to kill. The only purpose for a gun to be made is to kill. Oh by the way, my teenage son was killed by a gun.
Well put John. Look at the soccer mum, killed by her husband with her own gun a few weeks ago. Or Adam Lanza's mother, or the parents of the 15 year old in New Mexico... you're in more danger with guns in society than without them, and certainly when they're in your own home. Sorry for your loss. Must be hard to take, listening to people insist that their 'right' to have whatever weapon they want is more important than society as a whole.
Looking forward to studying more. Fantastic publish.Really looking forward to study much more. Great. 萬用行動電源 http://www.powerbankfresh.com
Notify me of new comments via email.