READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For February 5, 2013 – Rescued child, Ethan, is in good spirits after Alabama hostage standoff, January's FBI gun background checks are second-highest ever and Chris Christie takes fat jokes in stride (and with a donut)...
• Rescued child, Ethan, is in good spirits after Alabama hostage standoff: "Ethan was taken to a hospital, said FBI Special Agent in Charge Steve Richardson, where he was in a private area with heavy security. 'He is doing fine,' Richardson said, adding that he visited the boy. 'He's laughing, joking, playing, eating.'"
• January's FBI gun background checks are second-highest ever: "As President Barack Obama continues to push for new gun control measures, new FBI data shows that January was the second-highest month on record for gun background checks."
• House Majority Leader Eric Cantor wants to give GOP a 'makeover': "In a sharp departure from the GOP's emphasis on slashing federal spending, bringing down the deficit and moving legislation to assist the 'job creators,' the No. 2 House Republican is rolling out a more personal appeal in a speech on Tuesday with an agenda to 'make life work.'"
• Dell plans to take company private: "Dell announced plans Tuesday to go private in a deal that is worth $24.4 billion."
• Chris Christie takes fat jokes in stride (and with a donut): "As he sat on David Letterman's couch – facing the comedian who often jabs fun at his weight – the New Jersey governor pulled a donut from his pocket and started nibbling away. 'I didn't know this was going to be this long,' Christie joked."