READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For February 14, 2013 – 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius charged in girlfriend's death, passengers count hours on 'floating petri dish' of a cruise ship as it limps to port and Lady Gaga cancels tour, will have hip surgery...
• 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius charged in girlfriend's death: "Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius has been charged with murder in the death of his girlfriend at his South Africa home early Thursday."
• Passengers count hours on 'floating petri dish' of a cruise ship as it limps to port: "Squalid, smelly and steamy, the crippled ship Carnival Triumph limped toward port Thursday, its passengers and crew looking forward to an end to their hellish cruise."
• Outcome of Chuck Hagel filibuster vote uncertain: "Chuck Hagel’s bid to lead the Pentagon faces an uncertain outcome on a critical vote Friday as Democrats attempt to break a GOP filibuster of the defense secretary nominee."
• US Airways-American Airlines to merge: "US Airways and American Airlines are joining forces in an $11 billion deal to create the world's largest airline."
• Lady Gaga cancels tour, will have hip surgery: "Superstar Lady Gaga will have surgery to repair a tear in her hip and has canceled the rest of her 'Born This Way Ball' tour, Live Nation announced Wednesday."