READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For February 25, 2013 – "Argo" wins best picture, Scotland's Roman Catholic archbishop quits amid abuse claims and Michelle Obama presents Oscar award...
• "Argo" wins best picture: "'Argo,' which told the story of the rescue operation that saved six Americans during the Iran hostage crisis, took home three Oscars at the 85th Academy Awards, including the biggest award of the night: best picture."
• Scotland's Roman Catholic archbishop quits amid abuse claims: "Scotland's Roman Catholic archbishop, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, has resigned amid allegations that he abused four men studying to be priests in the 1980s."
• 'Crippling' winter storm bearing down on Great Plains region, forecasters say: "'DO NOT TRAVEL,' the National Weather Service in Amarillo, Texas, posted on its website, telling residents not to venture out in what it was calling 'a crippling, historic blizzard' that was dumping snow over the Texas Panhandle at a rate of 2 to 3 inches an hour."
• Spending cuts showdown may drag on: "Chances are slim that Congress will avert the automatic spending cuts before they take effect on Friday. It's more likely lawmakers will reach a deal to replace the cuts after they begin."
• Michelle Obama presents the Oscar award for best picture: "When actor Jack Nicholson stepped on the Oscar stage Sunday night to announce the nominees for best picture, few expected him to toss to a co-presenter. 'Tonight, it is my great pleasure to introduce live from the White House, the first lady of the United States: Michelle Obama,' he said."
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram
Kudos to Seth McFarland . Great to see Hollywood hypocrites squirm with indignation. We did see their boobs.
Kudos to Seth MacFarlane. It was great to see Hollywood hypocrites squirm with indignation. It was they who unabashedly broke cultural taboos. We did see their boobs. Get over it.
Show some "Irish" tonight on the Vatican crisis, please, Piers. Please see this Donegal Yank's remarks as a retired Harvard Law trained international lawyer, "Are Cardinals Merely the German Shepherd's Obedient Pups?". accessible at: http://wp.me/P2YEZ3-y4 . Susan Candiotti knows me from our earlier e-mail exchanges. Jerry Slevin
funny the story is bull. Canada saved them not the CIA how about telling the truth for once in your lives.
why am I not surprised to see that American movie makers, and I use that term loosely, have decided to make a movie that glorifies their own involvement in a piece of history, when in reality their part in the whole affair was limited at best. No wonder Americans in general are held in such low regard around the world, it always has to be about them. As usual as Canadians we will take the high road, knowing full well the real events of the story. The two former CIA agents who appeared on your show are full of themselves but that hardly comes as a surprise either.
Notify me of new comments via email.