Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 25th, 2013

Piers Morgan patrols the red carpet at Sunday's 85th Academy Awards

Donning a Dolce&Gabbana tuxedo with Prada shoes, on Sunday evening Piers Morgan stood "suited and booted" amongst the world's biggest film stars, anchoring CNN's red carpet coverage of the 85th Academy Awards.

Shelving the gun debate almost entirely for one night, the "Piers Morgan Tonight" host effortlessly switched from hard news to high fashion, vamping on Dior couture, and old Hollywood glamour.

For nearly two hours the British television presenter rubbed elbows with the likes of Dustin Hoffman and George Clooney, ceremonially pushed his sleeves up alongside Don Johnson and subjected himself to some good-natured ribbing at the miniature hands of the youngest-ever Best Actress in a Leading Role nominee Quvenzhané Wallis.

For a comprehensive representation of Morgan's night on the famed Los Angeles red carpet, scroll down, and tune in....

Morgan talks menu with famed chef Wolfgang Puck

'Beasts of the Southern Wild' – Benh Zeitlin, big bang for the buck

Oscar "bean counters" from Price Waterhouse Cooper

Mark Andrews, director of 'Brave,' and a "man in a skirt"

The family of Seth McFarlane talk about the Oscars' "naughty" host

Jessica Chastain: "It was a 'Happy Birthday, Mr. President' kind of dress"

'Life of Pi' star Suraj Sharma reveals he never imagined being in a movie

"It feels awesome. It's really great to be here." – Amy Adams

"Hello, Governor." Nine-year-old Quevenzhane Wallis breaks out British accent

Octavia Spencer channel's 'Downton Abbey,' mimics Morgan

Kerry Washington: "I could have been naked before you"

Shirley Bassey: "This is the biggest event – I'm going to be jelly"

Jennifer Lawrence, just hours before winning her first Oscar

Dustin Hoffman: "I could be your father, treat me with a modicum of respect"

"We did some undressing on that too," says Don Johnson of 'Miami Vice' days

Sally Field: "In the old days, you just walked in a store, and got a dress, and put it on"

Hours before winning, Christoph Waltz admits to having speech written "in his head"

Helen Hunt dons H&M dress, accessorizes with $150,000 worth of diamonds

FOX "boss" Rupert Murdoch on rivalry with CNN: "I think we're okay"

'Les Miserables' Director Tom Hooper: "I can't quite believe I'm here two years after 'The King's Speech'"

Kathryn Bigelow: "We wanted to tell the story ('Zero Dark Thirty') as faithfully as we could"

"I'm wearing Prada and I really like the back" Anne Hathaway spins and wins

'Life of Pi' Director Ang Lee: "It's all good"

Morgan: "What's it like being the second-best looking guy on the red carpet?"
George Clooney: "I don't know, what is it like?"

Morgan on Nicole Kidman's gown: "This is a knockout dress"

Alan Arkin salutes Morgan's gun crusade: "You're doing good stuff"

Hugh Jackman: "I go to the parties to hide"

Sandra Bullock refuses to do her English accent: "You'll repeat it, and repeat it..."

"Mum" of Chris Pine: "I'm very proud of him ... I'm proud of how he lives his life"

Watch the clips, listen to the interviews, and relive Piers Morgan's evening on the famed red carpet.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Twitter
> Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. George

Re: Was Michell Obama's appearance appropriate and does the audience want it? It was great for me. What this audience didn't want was the crude, disrespectful "humor" of the host. I vote NO on that - but I didn't get a choice. So there, Mr. Deutsch

February 25, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm980268

PRICELESS!!!!! Youand sme other toggy d foggies have a problem with Michelle Obamma in her apperances! Stupified!!!!!! Laura Bush held a book during highly Tea and crumpets and never ventured out of the million dollar club, Arnold with his fitness and OOPs, I keep having illegitamate children on a precious wife. And you people who buzz of what ever you can think of to put down this women who connects with the middle class and common families , always with nutrition and fitness , and well being for kids and families. Shes vogue, class, can look corporate or down home, You Jelious. You got nothing! Enjoy the words of wisdon George!

February 25, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. EE

M Obama was great, someone tell Donnie D to go away. He sounds so ridiculous!

February 25, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Yanni

Will someone please tell the guess to stop acting as if Michelle Obama doesn't watch movies! Donnie needs to stop all this complaining about how she shouldn't have been there. Last, I looked she is as American and he is and she had every right to be there. She is married to a politician, SHE IS NOT A POLITICIAN! I'm sure if Jack Nicholson didn't want her to do that he would have not allowed that to happen. Maybe he didn't want to talk alot.The woman was a PRESENTER, THAT'S ALL, so stop making more out of this than it was!

February 25, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Tammy

We were very disappointed that she presented. We watched to be entertained not to think about politics.

February 25, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. olapd

About Mrs. Obama at the Oscars.
    Donny Deutsche is now doing his best Rush Limbaugh routine. Get over yourself Donny, not everything is partisan politics. I am a normal every day citizen who did not vote for President Obama. But I like him, I enjoy the family and have great respect for them.
    I don't recall any great outcry when Ronald Reagan taped a segment for an Academy Award show or when Laura Bush taped a segment either for that matter.
    I am sick and tired of the total disrespect and disregard for this first family. And frankly, Mr. Deutsch is a jerk.
    Mrs. Obama was INVITED to be an award presenter. This was entertainment, her comments were totally relevant.
    I loved it that she was there, I appreciated the surprise.

February 25, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Andrea Plunket (Reynolds)

I have admired and watched Charlie Rose, Barbara Walters, Anderson Cooper and a few others for a long time. What I want to say is that YOU, Piers Morgan are a wonderful addition to US television. Minutes ago, I loved what you did with that silly Deutsch fellow about bad mouthinfg Michelle Obama.Don't let anyone or anything stop you.
    Andrea Plunket (Reynolds)

February 25, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. sm980268

Agree with you totally Andrea. Piers has class, and charm and he carries himself well. I love Anderson Cooper and believe everything in him. You can trust Anderson, As well as Piers. And the embarrasing thing is As soon as hes states the Dam truth and someone dont like it, Here it comes " Piers you need to move back to england we dont want your opinion." We need an objective personal opinion because everyone thinks their right. And from what I read on this sight almost every night from the haters that dont even contribute to the debate Embarrase me to read the slop.

February 25, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. sm980268

Piers ,as Anderson Cooper, along with the white house will not stop with keeping the debate about our childrens safety and new gun Legislation ( and here it comes from the ignnorant, and the illiterate) that when we talk about safer statagies and a national registration database , even the typical gun holder now, Says were trying to ban hand guns, shotguns, and hunting rifles. Go ahead the few americans show your incompatence. There will be No ban on hand guns, shotguns, and rifles. We all will be responcible for stray bullets and negigance. Dont "F" up and you'll be fine. Dont bother me with your whinning about you play time with assault weapons, Dont shoot anybody!

February 25, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. sm980268

The question was asked on Erin Burnette tonight with a guy , I didnt catch his name but hes a supposied expert for media persona, NOT! He dosent have a job now does he! WHY?, Why was it wrong for Michelle Obama to be on the Academy awards. Totally Hippocrtical! If it was someone you admired and I didnt then Screw me! people are ready to spare over anything, Get a grip on your life and put it in balance, or see a shrink, its OK. Really , theirs controversy over the first Lady appearing on TV! Get a life !!!!!!

February 25, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Увеличение губ фото до и после

Its like you read my mind! You seem to understand so much about this, such as you wrote the book in it or something. I believe that you simply could do with some percent to drive the message house a bit, however instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.

March 27, 2013 at 9:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Adan Heister

The days of hopping into the car and driving to the video store to pick out a DVD to watch seem to be coming to a close for many people. Just as with many other aspects of life, watching movies has moved into the online world and lots of online movie watchers wouldn't have it any other way. There is certainly a sense of nostalgia in going the video store route for many people, but the reasons to watch movies online just seem to keep piling up.'

Please do find out about this useful webpage

April 15, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. In Home Personal Training Long Island

Why wasn't the president there? Hasn't he starred in 4 movies since he has become president. O wait it was 2 one is still being
    made.He should continue taking selfie's with other random people while world leaders are speaking during events.
    I understand why Morgan Freedman said what he said.

December 13, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply