Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 27th, 2013

Tonight: The bizarre cases of Jodi Arias and Gilberto Valle

As a pair of equally graphic and polarizing stories unfold simultaneously in separate court rooms, this evening "Piers Morgan Tonight" invites a handful of legal experts and broadcast veterans to share their perspective and insight on all things Jodi Arias and Gilberto Valle.

As the former stands trial in Phoenix, Ariz. for the alleged murder of her ex-boyfriend, for a second straight night Jane Velez-Mitchell will use a live platform to share her trademark brand of candid commentary with Piers Morgan.

Following the award winning television journalist and bestselling author, the primetime program will then welcome the return of Gloria Allred and Alan Dershowitz, veterans of the show who also appeared Tuesday as part of continuing coverage.

Three days into an aggressive cross-examination that has touched upon everything from KY jelly to nude photos, this evening the "Piers Morgan Tonight" host and his cast of seasoned analysts will evaluate the latest courtroom developments.

Meanwhile, tonight's episode may also bring about a wave of nostalgia with a nod to yesteryear, as Dershowitz will be reunited with his old legal counterpart, Marcia Clark. After having faced one another during the infamous O.J. Simpson trial of 1995, tonight the two attorneys will meet again as part of a live interview dedicated to a case dubbed "Cannibal Cop."

One night after hearing Linda Fairstein share the notion that "cannibalism exists," tonight Clark and Dershowitz will put their respective spins on the story of Valle, a New York City police officer accused of using the internet to support a plan based around kidnapping, raping, murdering, and ultimately eating a series of female victims, including his wife.

Tune in this evening at 9 for the expert television testimony of four guests, all equally dialed into a pair of polarizing court cases growing more bizarre with each day.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. Lanie Poutsakis

I think Piers is out of line with his interview with the gun-nut. Let the guy speak. I got up. I changed the channel. CASE CLOSED.

February 27, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Barry Hs

Who was the gun-nut, I didn't get his name. I do remember him saying something like these guns were made to go through an individual and not cause other damage. I have a high powered rifle and I'm going to make a movie to show what hydraulic damage can be done with a high velocity bullet. It's dramatic...very dramatic. 3 to 11 shells apiece..they must have been torn apart.

February 27, 2013 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jim

I am done listening to Pierse Morgan Tonight as he never shuts up and gives his guest a chance to respond. He is a disgrace to his profession.

February 27, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Robert Frost

Normally I like your show, but Piers needs to stop using a Washington DC tactic and talking over the guest. If he keeps this up, folks like me (in the sweet spot 38–>45 age demographic) will stop watching. He is acting like a jerk to his guest. I too believe that we need better gun control but acting like a school yard brat makes him look like a child rather than an informed journalist

February 27, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Shahin

Piers – I have renewed respect for your courage. You are the only one in the media (tv) that has kept the pressure on the gun violence after Newtown. Many news program almost forgot. You know your facts and you do a great job fighingt the NRA's manufactured facts. Keep up the hard work.

February 27, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • David

Please what a bunch of hot air. If I wanted a side show I would watch fox ...go back on the apprentice you c rated star

February 27, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. David

Great debate on guns pierce looked like a twit with no idea how to debate

February 27, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. William Smith

Let Piers Morgans's quests answer his questions. I'm sorry your program has turned n
    me off.

February 27, 2013 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Lee Umphres

Let's be nice and simply call him a "British Bore". We would be interested in what his guests have to offer NOT his British opinion on how the US should operate. Please REPLACE this idiot!

February 27, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Dick Miles

How can one argue that more capacity to kill will result in less kiinning?

February 27, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Lorri York

Piers please let your guest speak. I happen to agree with you in regards to gun control but if you are not going to let opposing views be heard, then don't bother inviting them on your show. Let your guest finish his thought, then point out that he didn't answer the question as asked.

February 27, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • B.Markey

Watching him was like watching FOX news. Each of them really exagerates their side and does not let the other side speak!

February 27, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Sam

I like to listen to all sides of debate so I can form intelligent opinions. I had to turn the channel tonight when you were discussing gun control with your guest because it was overly evident you only wanted to convey your message rather than let your guest speak. I don't want children to die, and I even agree with some of your points, but I was interested in hearing what responses your guest had and it was clear that you were not interested. In this case it was obvious you interested only in expressing your opinion and not in hearing (and allowing others to hear) alternative views, which in my opinion, is what allows individuals to make more informed decisions. It is clear you only wanted people to form YOUR opinion. I hate to say it, but you were no better than your coleaugues over on FOX News. It is clear that it is more and more difficult to find shows where you can see alternative views expressed. Very unfortunate.

February 27, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Elisabeth Doll

Piers,

Thank you for taking a moment to read this. Please. You must know this.....You platform is becoming terribly un-enjoyable to watch. Do you really think that your constant arguing over your opinion, is helping you deliver your cause? Indeed, it is not. While I know clearly, that those on either side of the spectrum are defiant about moving to the left, or to the right, just a tad, in order to come up with a respectful resolve, the way you are acting is embarrasing to CNN, the issue. I really like your show. I think you are successful at what you do, but you acting like a kid in a candy store whos mommy won't give him what he wants, surely is not helping the sweet children and and innocent adults who fell to to the sad actions of clinically ill people. Can you please come, maybe move the thought process to, "Hey, let's respect each other, lets give a little on each side, lets be respectful Americans!" You're making it worse.

February 27, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Pj

Piers, Your "bully" style of "monolog" with the guests you bring on to discuss gun laws is not flattering. People just tune you out. Please allow your guests to respond. One of my frustrations is that I am seeking a logical discussion about the topic. Bringing on a despondent father from Sandy Hook and discussing mandatory background checks when the shooter's mom who purchased the guns would have passed all proposed laws clouds the debate. 2nd problem I have is that most Semi auto rifles work the same way but the argument is about AR-15's and it is primarily appearances. You finally had a guest on who was polite and not yelling and you left me embarrassed as a voice for controls and regulation. You came across poorly.
    IMHO

February 27, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Michael

Piers you need to let people you are interviewing answer each of your questions before you rudely interrupt, and your thoughts on what assault rifles do to people shot with them is such BS have your ever shot a ar15 into something and then turned around and shot a hand gun with a hydro shock bullet that goes in the size of the caliber and comes out the size of a baseball that's not the gun it's the load and type of ammunition used. I personally am a ccw citizen and I target shoot with cheap ammo but I always carry my gun loaded with hollow points that will do stopping damage to a person trying to cause bodily harm to me or my family. It's not the size of the bullet it's the placement of the bullet.

February 27, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Wryter

Wooo...
    Piers, I agree with you on all the gun banning laws. However, you came across as extremely patronizing and a bully with this last interview.

February 27, 2013 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Herb Shatzen

Whatever positive may come out of Piers Morgan's campaign against guns is totally lost when he invites someone with an opposing view on the show, then abuses and berates and interrupts and talks over the guest. That was an appalling performance of bullying, and it kept us from hearing the opposing view. This is not journalism, nor is it balanced reporting! And by the way, I have changed the channel.

February 27, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. lee

I love Peirs , but he loses me completely when he interviews those on the otherside of the gun contfol issue , I am for gun control , ban on all assault weapons , wouldnt mind a total ban on all guns , ( I hate guns , end point ) , However , Peirs is not cut out to present the argument in such cases , he should really stand down from interviewing such people , it only makes him look bad and it may push people to the other side ,

February 27, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Tom Allen

Mr Morgan you should be ashamed. Your job is to cultivate discussion and bring out fact. I am not even pro gun and I found myself disgusted with your inability to show respect for your guest the gun nut. It makes it look like you are afraid to become informed about the topic and you protect yourself by keeping your debate opponent from getting a chance to talk. Do gun control advocates a favor and stop supporting their cause.

February 27, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pj

He shoots, he scores! Pun intended! Tom, you hit the bullseye. Lee too! Piers does not seem to be cut out for these interviews. Piers seems like he is trying out for the Jerry Springer show as and not as the host. Piers I am not sure I will tune in to any future interviews you have on this topic as you make those you oppose look like level headed scholars and you the psychotic anti gun nut. Back down......really. If this style is on purpose I think your audience has spoken here. If you are lost in the emotions you need to do a check up from the neck up and watch your interview.

February 27, 2013 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • B.Markey

Well stated Tom!

February 27, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Christopher

I think Pires is a nutter, I don't like guns and will probably never own one, I also think there should be better gun control, but the way he interviews his guests is totally disrespectful and rude. I honestly hate his show after seeing him continuously talk over his guests. I also think his show should be cancelled, his opinion supersedes any others, therefore one should shut up and put up which everyone can agree is very unprofessional and unbecoming of a British gentleman . Please keep him in America as you alone can deal with this arrogant, narcissistic nut job.

February 27, 2013 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • lee

LOL, We have enough problems on this side of the pond Chris , thank you but I think he should really return to the motherland , post haste !, however , I would be willing to fill his hour with the Mass Pipe and Drums , Dragoon and Tattoo Bands , perhaps Highland Pipers or Welch Guards ........the Trooping of the Colors even , in any case , I think its time for him to go ,

February 27, 2013 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. tony

isnt he a tabloid guy..take him at face value...and jodi arias: why are the car chasers on hln calling her attractive...am i missing something...that nose and face..she looks like a slim version of her ugly fat mom and her twin.

February 28, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. ZHorde

Have you ever took the time to thank veterans and what they have done in thier life? Come see this veterans campaign for a better life and the great causes that he stands for. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/american-dream–8/x/2517984

March 2, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. bodylanguagesuccess

Nonverbal Communication Analysis # 2323:
    Jodi Arias Murder Trial
    The Body Language of Self-Contempt-Regret

March 6, 2013 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Travis

I am so SICK of this trial on television every damn day!!!! It's simply unreal that any true american would subject themselves to this dramatized, television BS..... I am truly starting to think "lots" of americans are sheep! (follow that herd) pathetic. I am so sick of television. I could go rest of my life without turning the damn thing on at this point! You people who watch this crap....... are sick and demented! If you have nothing better to do with you're lives, thats really, really sad! Rather than giving a murder the spot light; day in and day out, for months now! Why not report on are brave men and women fighting over sea's, risking life and limb for are freedom! Oh thats right the only thing that captivates americans is drama! " WHO CARES ABOUT THIS CASE! SERIOUSLY STOP SHOWING THIS "CRAP"! Plenty of people are guilty every damn day of murders some of multiple and kidnapping , etc. But the good ole media picked right up on this one, for some reason? Media and people who support this crap are lost! This is just another OJ Simpson scenario.

March 13, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Philijoisel De Vera

Jodi Arias Trial Found to Have Eerie Similarities with Murder Trial of "Zaydee", protagonist in a popular book. http://good-ebooks.org/blog

March 26, 2013 at 1:45 am | Report abuse | Reply