READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For February 28, 2013 – Pope Benedict XVI pledges 'unconditional obedience' to new pope, Bob Woodward says he was threatened by White House and deadly winter storm moves into Maine...
• Pope Benedict XVI pledges 'unconditional obedience' to new pope: "Pope Benedict XVI entered his final hours as pope with an unusual act - a pledge of 'unconditional obedience' and respect to whoever takes up the reins after his dramatic resignation later Thursday."
• Bob Woodward says he was threatened by White House: "Veteran journalist Bob Woodward says he was threatened by a senior Obama administration official following his reporting on the White House's handling of the forced federal spending cuts set to take effect on Friday."
• Iran, world powers agree to expert talks on Tehran's nuclear program: "Diplomats emerged Wednesday from an unusually secretive round of talks on Iran's controversial nuclear program with a joint announcement to hold a follow-up meeting within weeks."
• U.S. economic growth basically flat: "The U.S. economy didn't contract in the fourth quarter after all, but the bigger picture remains the same: It's still stuck in slow motion."
• Deadly winter storm moves into Maine: "The storm's toll was still being tallied in deaths and damage as remnants of the storm hit portions of New Hampshire and Maine early Thursday morning."