Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 1st, 2013

Madeleine Stowe on staying young (hint: it includes not over-exercising): "It places too much strain and stress on the body"

At 54-years-old, one might wonder how actress Madeleine Stowe manages to age so gracefully and maintain such a youthful appearance.

Joining "Piers Morgan Tonight" guest host Dr. Mehmet Oz this evening, the star of ABC's primetime soap opera "Revenge" reveals her secret recipe for feeling good and looking even better.

Admitting that she defies conventional wisdom, the woman who turned in a critically acclaimed performance in 1992's "The Last of the Mohicans" says she doesn't believe in over-excersing:

“I think that it places too much strain and stress on the body, I think that you have to do things that you enjoy.”

Twice earning spots in People Magazine’s Most Beautiful People issue, first in 1994, and again in 2012, Stowe attributes her ageless glow to engagement in her “life’s work” and service in Haiti, where she finds purpose:

“They give it to me, and when I go down there, there’s a sense of euphoria I feel, in spite of the fact that you’re surrounded by very difficult situations.”

Opening up about her own personal struggle, Stowe tells the "Piers Morgan Tonight" guest host about the healing her volunteer efforts allow her:

“I was helpless,” she says of the uncontrollable childhood pain. "But when I go there [Haiti,] there are things I can do to help these people, and they help me in return. They heal these psychic wounds.”

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, then tune in tonight at 9 for an entire hour dedicated to women's health as Oz also welcomes acclaimed musical stars Cyndi Lauper and Lisa Loeb.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Guest Host Week • Piers Morgan Live
  1. Sloan

Piers,
    Almost no one is watching you. Has Jeff called you into his office yet to give you the boot?

March 3, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kelly

what a jerk. you must have a small one

July 4, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jim

Spoken like the true Liberal POS that you are. He speaks facts and you use name calling. I know one thing you would choke on it,

July 5, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Teen Talk

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon. Kudos

March 19, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. 手機行動電源

Say, you received a nice post.Much thanks once more. Want much more. 手機行動電源 http://www.powerbankhq.com

June 21, 2013 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jim

Last on the last place Cable network. American is not buying what Morgan is selling.
    Larry King heir, who kicked off the second quarter with a slight rebrand from Piers Morgan Tonight, saw his second-lowest-rated month since premiering in January 2011

July 5, 2013 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply