READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For March 1, 2013 – Forced federal spending cuts known as "Sequestration" begins, Man vanishes into bedroom sinkhole and Twitter says goodbye to the pope, with a laugh...
• Forced federal spending cuts known as 'Sequestration' begins: "This Friday is also a day many never expected would come. After all, the cuts known as sequestration were designed to be so draconian that lawmakers would be forced to compromise and avoid them."
• Man vanishes into bedroom sinkhole: "A Florida man fell into a sinkhole that opened suddenly Thursday night beneath the bedroom of his suburban Tampa home, calling out to his brother for help as he fell, a fire department spokeswoman said Friday."
• Dennis Rodman is North Korean leader's 'friend for life': "Former NBA star Dennis Rodman declared his eternal friendship with North Korea's supreme leader Thursday."
• Groupon fires CEO Andrew Mason: "Rumors surfaced late last year that the board was looking to oust Mason, following terrible third-quarter results. The news of Mason's exit comes one day after Groupon reported yet another dismal quarter."
• Twitter says goodbye to the pope, with a laugh: "For the first time in nearly 600 years, a reigning pope has resigned. And in what might also be a landmark event, Twitter was not flooded with jokes or parody accounts when the announcement was made two weeks ago. That all changed on Thursday when Pope Benedict XVI slipped off his red loafers and officially became pope emeritus."
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram
It's pretty sad that no one in america expected congress or our president to work out the sequestration and do something about the tax cuts.It's lucky for our politiicians got jobs in government because this bumbling band of boobs would'nt last 30 days in private sector job where they had to produce results.I worked 37 years in one of largest utility companies and we worked day and night to restore service through tornadoes ice storms floods and fires etc because was my job. Every time you turn around these idiots are on recess. The american people are fed up, it's time for a change from top to bottom.I keep hearing that it's on 2 or 3 percent of our total budget no big deal- unless you're in that 2 or 3 percent.
On 3/613 San Diego County notified low income persons on a wait list for housing the following:
Federal sequestration, which took effect on March 1, 2013, mandated a 5.1% reduction to numerous federally-funded programs, including those administered by the Housing Authority of the County of San Diego. We wanted to take a moment to provide you with an update on the Section 8 program.
At this time, the Housing Authority is not taking any actions that negatively impact our program participants. However, these cuts may result in the Housing Authority serving fewer families through attrition and/or voucher cancellation, and/or reducing assistance to the families being served, and no new participants are being added to the program.
This would be a terrible thing to happen...would people lose their current voucher and shelter? People waiting for a decent place to be able to afford not get that chance?
Notify me of new comments via email.