READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For March 7, 2013 – Rand Paul's #filiblizzard filibuster, Yahoo's Marissa Mayer gets $1.1 million bonus and Jon Stewart to take time off from 'Daily Show' to direct a feature film...
• Rand Paul's #filiblizzard filibuster: "Sen. Rand Paul ended his day-long filibuster at 12:38 a.m. Thursday, almost 13 hours after he began speaking. The Kentucky Republican tried to stall a confirmation vote on CIA Director nominee John Brennan."
• Yahoo's Marissa Mayer gets $1.1 million bonus: "Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer received a $1.12 million cash bonus for her half-year on the job in 2012 and restricted stock worth another $13.3 million, according to company filings."
• A look at possible papal contenders: "Technically, any adult Catholic male can be elected to the papacy, but the last pope not chosen from the College of Cardinals was Urban VI in 1379. The cardinals who seem to be front-runners to replace the current pope are referred to as 'papabile,' or translated from the Italian, 'pope-able.'"
• North Korea at it again with threats: "With the U.N. Security Council set to vote on a resolution to strengthen sanctions on North Korea, Pyongyang unleashed its latest bout of fiery rhetoric, this time threatening its enemies with the possibility of a 'preemptive nuclear attack.'"
• Jon Stewart to take time off from 'Daily Show,' to direct feature film: "Host Jon Stewart will take an eight-week hiatus from 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart' beginning in June, Comedy Central announced Tuesday."