Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 12th, 2013

Clips From Last Night: What women want, America's addiction to guns

Last night, "Piers Morgan Live" welcomed a panel of powerful women to discuss two women making waves in the news and in business today. Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg just released a book titled "Lean In" in which she encourages younger women to tackle any obstacles not faced by men. Yahoo!'s CEO Marissa Mayer recently announced a policy requiring all employees to come into the office instead of being able to work from home.

"Marissa Mayer is in a very unique situation," Suzy Welch, author of "10-10-10: A Life Transforming Idea," said. "She's in a turn-around situation where she has to get everybody in the room to fix the culture and the performance of her company. And to do that when some people are not in the office is just very difficult... They couldn't accuse her of being insensitive to working moms, because she's a working mom."

Welch pointed out to Piers Morgan that "it's not a lot of men making noise about Sheryl's book. It's women." "Look, mothering in America is a competitive sport," she explained.

Welch's comments resonated with U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz who explained how she raised her newborn while serving as a state senator in Florida:

"[I] knew that I needed to continue to go up to Tallahassee to vote for my district, and also wanted to nurse her," Wasserman Schultz began. "So I pushed, while I was pregnant, for the Senate president at the time to allow me to build off a little part of my office that would allow me to put the creche, the pack 'n play in my office, and have a door I could shut so that I could nurse her and still be there for her and run back and forth."

Leigh Gallagher, Fortune magazine's assistant managing editor, took a different approach to balancing work and motherhood. Gallagher explained the reasoning behind freezing her eggs:

"When we talk about leveling the playing field, this is the one thing that will never go away between men and women. I edit our 40 Under 40 List, which is the rising stars in business under 40. And every year, it's much harder to find women whose accomplishments match that of the men, where that's not true for women in their 40s and older. That's because women have to take this step off."

Gallagher's case was a little different. "It was not because I had so much work left to do. It was more that I was getting older and I hadn't found a partner yet. So I wanted to leave that option open for me."

Morgan also talked with Hillary Andersson of the BBC to talk about her recent report called "America's Gun Addiction." The report shows how easy it is to buy an assault weapon in America.

"When you're actually in a gun show, you know, and you find that you want to buy an AR-15 and all you have to do is literally hand over the cash, the guy didn't even ask for my driver's license," Andersson detailed her time at a gun show. "I showed it to him, but he wasn't interested. I asked for a receipt, he wasn't interested. Yeah, it's pretty amazing just how easy it is. Because if I can buy a gun, you know, then, anybody can."

The Panorama reporter explained to Morgan how different it is to buy a gun from a private dealer versus a licensed dealer:

"If you're buying from a private dealer, nobody asks any questions. So you can really do whatever you want. And there's no follow-up in Texas, because you don't [have] to license the gun or register it after you buy it."

Watch the clips and listen to the interviews as Morgan examines what women really want and how America can become a safer country.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

1. Ahad Khan

Piers Morgan looks like David Cameron, I noticed recently

March 12, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • cr

I think Cameron would be insulted with that comparison.

March 13, 2013 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm980268

Wow, can you two ever talk about serious issues or debates. Oh I forgot you live and die bye your show big bang theory ( great show but sad contribution to common sense communication skills)

March 15, 2013 at 12:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Tesla

Right. Insulting two people having a civil conversation with an inane, grammatically incorrect statement rife with punctuation errors about their lack of "common sense communication skills" when, not ten minutes earlier, you responded to a comment cleverly satirizing Piers Morgan with "freakin duece bag! grow up. move out of your mothers basement!"

Congratulations. I'm glad to see the modern American education system is still top of the line when it comes to mastering the English language and rhetoric.

March 15, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
      • sm980268

What the heck are they saying Tesla? nothing as always . Putting down someone on this site and not give a point of view about serious debate or question,opinion,etc. Is so tweenie and Lame Tesla.

March 15, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. S. Chauvaux

Good evening Piers. Your interview on 3/12/13 at 9PM with Valerie Harper was right on time. You showed great compassion and were a good listener with this interview as you should have been. I just love Harper (Rhoda) and am praying for her remission. I would love to see more of these kind of interviews on your show. It brings through another side of you Piers!! Thank you for your time.

March 12, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. chris colon

hey piers,now this is something to focus on.just like why does anyone want to own an AR-15,WHY SHOULD ALL CARS COME WITH A MAXIMUM OR ABOVE SPEED OF 120MPH OR MORE,IF OUR SPEED LIMITS DO NOT EXCEED OVER 75 TO 80 MPH ON OUR HIGHWAYS HERE IN AMERICA.IN MOST STATES IT,S ONLY 65MPH.LOOK AT THE SENSELESS DEATHS DUE TO SPEEDING,JUST BECAUSE A VEHICLE CAN GO THAT FAST DOESN,T MEAN YOU SHOULD,OR AM I WRONG?.I THINK YOU NEED TO BRING SMOKE DOWN ON ALL THE PEOPLE AND CAR MAKERS.BUT THAT,S ONLY IF YOU REALLY GIVE A DAM ABOUT THESE DEATHS.

March 13, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm980268

Wow Chris ,if you had some common sense youd be dangerous. Lucky for us your delussional, and cant put a lick of mature , common sense debate together rather speak about something that has a manditory speed limit posted from coast to coast ! What your still in fantasy land and cant relate to us. semi automatic weapons are going to be banned, gone bye-bye because you arent responcible enough to hold it or use it. You would hurt yourself and most likely some innocent person!! OK

March 15, 2013 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Tesla

Ok, aside from his glaring overuse of capitals, what's wrong with his common sense? He's talking about a device that, though not designed to kill (in fact, often designed to be as safe as possible to everyone in and outside of it) kills just over 3 times as many people in America as something described by it's detractors as "designed from the ground up to efficiently kill human beings."

He doesn't even want to ban it (as Senator Feinstein, the most vocal proponent of additional firearm restrictions, has admitted to wanting for guns). He's asking for limitations that already exist in law; so why not set them into the hardware? Sure, maybe you need to get somewhere quick for an emergency or something, but that's how these car fatalities happen. Three things that are technically feasable for making cars safer to operate and be around are installing limiters and cutoffs for speed; installing a Faraday cage to block cell phone use in the car; and installing a breathalyzer linked to the ignition to completely prevent drunk driving. This can be done to every car in America.

While we're at it, alcohol serves no societally redeeming purpose (besides a minor boost to the economy, which is wiped out by abusers), and can be abused by people easily, leading to domestic violence and accidental (or intentional) deaths. We could try banning that.

March 15, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
      • Tesla

I thought I was done, but now I think I'll continue.

No one needs marijuana. It's already been banned though, so that means no one can ever get it. Just like heroin, crack, opium, cocaine, crystal meth, and PCP. I'm so glad the children can't get it.
        Not everyone needs 24 hour access to electricity. That should be reserved for special cases, like government offices, hospitals, and military bases. Everyone else always having power increases our fuel consumption, causing further damage to our environment and forcing us to rely upon foreign powers for energy reliability. Think of the children.
        No one needs a private internet connection. The internet should be a place for exchanging research and operational experience between professionals. Therefore, it only needs to be accessible at work. By being accessible at home, it becomes flooded with everyone's inane ideas and opinions; even worse, it can be used by horrible people to exploit children for violent and s3xual purposes.
        No one needs to vote. We could just keep Barack Obama as president forever. And when he dies, one of his kids can take over the position. It makes things much simpler, and nicer for his family. Think of his children.

March 15, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
      • sm980268

1. more police to patrol the roads,and how about a cop sitting at closing time and giving tickets for drunk driving at local bars. Cars isnt the issue being talked about or even close to assault weapons and a banned or a National Gun registry Tesla. 2. to the drugs, Why dont the Nation whos lacking reLearn the art of Hands On Parenting and know what your children are doing all the time, were smart and can be creative. Wall street and the big banks sure were during the 90's with deregulation the right pledges daily. 3. voting? it dosent matter who the president is if the rich 1% want to rid the middle class and delete the poor and not give equal opertunity of all to work a resectful day and put a descent meal on the table. Checked the price of beef and grain lately?

March 15, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • People Are Too Uncoordinated To Carry Guns, Only Cops Can Handle It

sm980268 :

April 2009-June 2010
        382 Fatalities linked to Police Misconduct, $347,455,000 sepnd in settlements/judgements.

Chicago Police Chief:
        So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that.

A West Memphis police officer shot and killed a 12-year-old boy late Friday night

Mayor Bloomberg: some Empire State victims may have been hit by police fire, NYPD: Empire State victims hit by police gunfire

The 7-year-old daughter of a Marysville police officer died Sunday after being shot by her young sibling on Saturday.

7-Year-Old Girl Killed By Detroit Police While Sleeping in Her Home

three-year-old girl handled a handgun belonging to her father, a Placer County Sheriff's Deputy, and was shot, later pronounced dead at hospital.

A police officer shot and killed an 83-year-old woman in her own backyard.

Hearing a knock on his door at 1:30 am, a perplexed Florida man answered the door to see what kind of unannounced visitors were outside. Holding a gun for security, 26-year old Andrew Scott was instantly shot dead by police after he opened the door. It took the Lake County Police Department an hour and a half to realize they had killed an innocent man.

LA Police Shoot 2 Innocent Women Delivering Newspapers

Delma Towler dialed 911 to report a burglary but when police arrived, one officer killed her outside her home in Altavista, Va.

September 7, 2011- As of August 30, Chicago police have shot 45 people, killing 16 – 3 more than the total number shot to death in all of 2010. No police officer has been charged with criminal wrongdoing in any of these cases, and many in the community are furious.
        - Chicago police officers shot and critically wounded 21-year-old Joe Banks Jr. and 13-year-old Jimmell Cannon. Witnesses at the scenes say the victims were unarmed.
        - I don’t move ‘cause I knew a dude who took his hands out of his pocket when he got stopped and police shot him.”

When Julian Alexander heard a strange noise in his yard, he reacted the way many people would – he went outside to investigate, taking a stick with him. Moments later, the young father-to-be lay dying on the ground, shot twice by a police officer who was chasing suspected burglars through the neighborhood.

Handcuffed California teen shot while in police custody.

Police Shoot And Kill Innocent Man – Oscar Grant

March 17, 2013 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
      • Tesla

Ok, so what you're asking for is:
        1) More enforcement of existing laws rather than creating new regulations.
        2) Personal responsibility be taken by people to raise their kids in a moral, law-abiding fashion.
        3) Nothing, because democracy has already failed us so we should just roll over and submit.

1 and 2 are things that gun rights activists have been proposing since the beginning. 3 speaks a lot about your mindset towards personal liberty and rights.

March 17, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Piers Morgan

(in British accent)
    Howdy supporters!

I have gotten a few pieces of mail recently asking me why I haven't been covering the Jodie Arias trial.

There is a very simple answer to that.

I can't exploit the death of Travis Alexander to help my personal goal of taking away American's personal freedoms yet because most of the gruesome details I would love to exploit are related to knife wounds. First guns need to be banned, and then we can get onto other things like banning knives and freedom of speech. Obviously, once Americans lose their right to bear arms, the rest of their freedoms will be easy to take away from them. Did you not learn anything from history?

I would like to point out one extremely important fact in the Jodie Arias case though that many of the gun rights idiots seem to miss because they are so stupid. Travis Alexander never would've been shot if Jodie Arias wouldn't have used a stolen gun to shoot him. This gun violence has to be stopped. I am currently looking into what steps can be taken to make sure her grandparents are held accountable for his murder.

Keep posting your great comments; the love you all express for me is overwhelming. It’s because of all the support I receive from felons like Snoop Lion and you the viewers that I will never stop until every law abiding American is deprived of their right to self-defense!

Cheers!

March 14, 2013 at 1:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm980268

freakin duece bag! grow up. move out of your mothers basement!

March 15, 2013 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Tesla

What was it you said to me? Oh yes:

"Putting down someone on this site and not give a point of view about serious debate or question,opinion,etc. Is so tweenie and Lame Tesla."

Couple that with:

"freakin duece bag! grow up. move out of your mothers basement!"
        "Its pretty sad these same imature jokers keep coming every night to talk to each other about how much they hate Piers Morgan, BUT YET THEY COME BACK EVERY NIGHT! Its sad but keep it up we true believers love the imature, stpidity, and arrogance because you cant even claim an simple debate or issue besides Piers go back to England. your imbarrasing yourself and making us crack up at the same time. Grow Up!!!!!!!!! crybabies"

And you call people hypocrites.

March 17, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. sm980268

Ann coulter is such a hippocrite. labaling the american population that dis agrees whith her as the left liberals. She needs to shut her pie hole since she wants to go there. Ann coulter is a WICKED, VILE, WENCH!!!!!!! Its so helarious to watch her deficate out her mouth the hippocritical talking points of the right, Cracks me up yet I want to puke on her face!!!!!!!! Shes not human ( my opinion, just saying) The right is getting mad about the hurricane coming their way in congress and the senate about the new ggun legislation!!! It finally feels wholesome in america again! In Obama we TRUST!

March 15, 2013 at 12:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tesla

1) What in the world does Ann Coulter have to do with any of this?

2) She doesn't need to "shut her pie hole," regardless of where she wants to go. She doesn't need to do anything. As an American citizen, she has freedom of speech guaranteed to her.

3) Every political talking point is hypocritical, and every political figure is trying to get you to buy into what they're saying. You have already bought into Piers Morgan and the American Democratic Party's points entirely. That's your choice. I have bought into the concept taking personal responsibility for my safety and the safety of my liberties. That's my choice.

4) "Cracks me up yet I want to puke on her face!!!!!!!!" This statement brought to you by the person telling others with reasoned and explained arguments to grow up and move out of their respective mothers' basements.

March 15, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • sm980268

sure, she can spew out of her mouth every other night on Hannity ( another dimwit with no substance- a joke) that while smiling say that she loves to put down and make fun of the left liberals blantantly labeling and dividing people and issues . Arent are sole responcibility if atop of the TV or radio mountain find compromises ( god knows the 112th and 113th congresses are worthless and the most embarrasing of the history og America) and solutions through debates lead with common sense ( you have the right to get angry, but are suppose to be honest and respectful) and intelligance that empowers and inspires to think it through totally for the country as a whole and not us 47%. we remember and Ann is wicked, disgusting and ignorrant. go listen to a self imposed dive wench and catch her stupid Tesla. Do you have kids? you better think it through, stray bullets dont discriminate and will find you too and what would you do if some fun loving gun totter shoots negligantly at your kids and you might have to hold their blood dripping lifeless bodies in your arms. YOU DONT THINK OF THAT BECAUSE THAT COULDNT POSSIBLLY HAPPEN TO YOU, Right Tesla!

March 15, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
      • Tesla

Why is it when you insult someone, it can be passed off with "I'm joking," but when anyone insults you, it's a grave personal offense? I understand that Ann Coulter says some very ignorant things, and that many of her arguments are her shouting down someone opposed to them. But then, that's the modus operandi of Piers Morgan as well. Take a look at how he treats the guests who don't agree with him.

To your other statement, no, I do not have children. I'm not at a place right now that I am ready to be a father. That doesn't mean I don't care for them. And you're right, stray bullets don't discriminate. They can't, as they are an object. A construction of lead, copper, and sometimes steel. A spree shooting does not have stray bullets. Every round fired has the intent to harm someone, anyone who is in the vicinity. Would you like to know what does discriminate? A disciplined owner of a legal firearm; something that could have stopped these events. As has been stated before, many times, a "gun-free zone" is a killing field if someone wishes to make it one.

The imagery used at the end of your statement is exactly what's wrong with this issue. You are using an emotional argument. Raw emotion, untempered by logic, has allowed more tyrants to seize power than all the firearms in existence. I will even say that raw emotion is the source of all human suffering in the world. Horrific acts have been performed by people who rose to power on the graves of dead children, and "common sense" arguments have almost always had an emotional core to them.

Don't cut yourself off from emotion, but make sure the the core of any argument you care about is a logical one.

March 17, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tesla

5) "Shes not human ( my opinion, just saying)" And your opinion is not an opinion at all, but a factually incorrect statement. How many of your other opinions are factually incorrect statements?

6) Gun rights advocates are indeed getting angry about the legislation being proposed, because on top of it having been proven not to work the last time it was implemented, it is also unconst!tutional. We have a process in place for altering or repealing a const!tutional amendment. It requires a supermajority of voting members of both the House of Representatives and the Senate to approve a submitted bill. From there, it must be ratified by the state legislatures of at least 38 states to pass.. D!ane Fe!nstein and the Democratic party know that they cannot get the numbers necessary on this kind of vote, so they are attempting to chip away at the amendment without following the proper process.

7) I can see how you can think of this as wholesome. It's very 1950s and 60s, what with the government attempting to seize control away from the people by resorting to emotional arguments about the safety of the children before sending them off to foreign wars against enemies who "hate our freedom," distracting us from the fact that they are slowly tightening their grip on the leash around our necks. I expect to see the little boy from Leave it to B3aver skipping down the street anytime.

In my nation, my const!tution, and my self, I trust. In my will, my a!m, and my r!fle, I trust.

March 15, 2013 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • sm980268

Sure my prior statements at the ignorant were me letting of some steam because their idiots, period. I'll talk any subject and issue as deep as you want to go Tesla, Im not ignoorant , and well educated in common sense , ignorance ( which all I hear and see people act and speak around me ( they dont know how to talk to their neigbors without ignorance or humility anymore. And I study history which most people always say " Why do I have to know History, Its not important?" Yes, sure, History repeats itself always and humans wont learn from their mistakes and the ones who didnt every give studying history a chance dont know that their being the problem and adding to the destruction and liquidation of our econmy and National Security. Do you think teen pregnantcy is a long term problem ( which were here) and a facter in the deletion of our National security? think real hard about that one. Look at China, Indie and alot of third world coutries and their strain on their economies. What about the predictument were in right now here in America? Best beware the next finacial economy crisis! Hit me with your thoughts Tesla,lets talk about a serious issue on the docket.

March 15, 2013 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
      • Tesla

History repeats itself. It's really, really funny that you use that phrase. The real phrase is actually "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."

You're encouraging the repeat of history. A repeat of the Assault Weapons Ban, which had absolutely no real effect on the number of deaths by firearm in this Nation. A repeat of disarmed populaces, ripe for government exploitation as in National Socialist Germany (12,000,000 killed by the government), Soviet Socialist Russia (around 20,000,000), and Communist China (No figures available, as their information control strategy has proven quite effective. Estimates at 45,000,000).

National Security is not the issue you think it is. These ideas are being played up to encourage even harder security measures. It's how laws like SOPA and PIPA get proposed. It's how you get CCTV cameras on every block.

Not sure why teen pregnancy came up, but I'll field that one. I'll take it a step further, on people who are incapable of supporting a new life in this world. I think abortion is a fine choice for those who get pregnant and don't want the child. I also think that if an individual is on welfare or unemployment, as well as some other forms of government assistance, that birth control should be provided and be mandatory. Otherwise, you reach the culture we have today, where people who can't even provide for themselves are popping out kids who are just going to be another drain on the federal budget and will continue the cycle of poverty that this system has thrown them into. This will have the additional effect of lowering gun violence and violent crime in general in poverty stricken areas, as the gang culture will die out over time with a lack of poor kids from broken homes needing someplace to feel they belong.

That was a little bit of a rant, but I stand by every word. Your thoughts?

March 17, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Masterson

We don't even have to go to wars like that any more. I pray we never do again. All we have to do now is protect our neighborhoods and citizens from some criminals and 1 or 2 maniacs.
      You cant even do something that simple? You won't take on responsibility of training in use of deadly weapons to protect your country from a few street thugs? Why not? You don't think that's what America is about? You are scared you might hurt yourself accidently with the weapon? Are you scared someone might grab it from you and hurt you with it? Do you think America is suppose to be all about you and we just shouldn't have to go through any sacrifice to have all the luxuries we have? Do you think we can just pay other people to carry dangerous weapons so you can just go on website all day trying to convince everyone else that is the best way to be and try to convince everybody that its better if we pay other people to protect our lives and our country?
      I already have seen thats how you think by what you past sm980268. You are a freeloading punk. While you do whatever the hell you want all day because countless number of people died for you to be free. You don't want to even try to help pay them back for their sacrifices, you wont even do the simplest most important thing to guarentee no one will be able to take that freedom from you, or from any one in America generations from now.
      sm980268 You are pathetic and shouldn't even want to live in the country America that is so great that none other can compare. Its our values & principals that built this and have sustained this and why we will always be able to if we do whatever is neccesary to protect all our rights like we have always done, to be willing to die before we lose them.

And you are totally opposite and don't think there that important, right sm980268 ? Your on here saying "yay hey take away my rights, it will be greeat! everyone you should let them take away yours too because if you dont think that then you all are stupid idiots ! "

March 15, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. sm980268

March 15, 2013 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tesla

Would you be willing to quickly answer a question for me?

Why is it that gun rights groups and the individuals that support them need to "grow up," as you put it, when the vast majority seem to be pushing for the rather mature concept of taking personal responsibility for one's actions? An assault weapon didn't commit the atrocity at Sandy Hook. An individual did. A plane didn't cause the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Individuals did. Zyklon B gas didn't cause the deaths of 6 million Jewish people. Individuals did. Individuals who either held power over their victims or were given power by their victims caused these deaths.

It would seem that firearm owners are demonized because those who attack them assume their own personal discipline is on par with the firearm owner. But I take full responsibility for my actions, my statements, and my possessions. I am the sole person responsible for my failures and my successes both. If my hands deign to take a human life, it will be completely my doing. Not the instrument; only me.

March 15, 2013 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • sm980268

Oh let megive you a simple answer and problem with the easy access of a gun, let alone a slaughtering assault weapon of any kind that belongs in the battlefield of war. 1. Because the So-called rightist ( talking seperatist, check their previous satements aloud, Alex Cross, Hannity, Ann Coulter ( and the only thing she cares about is selling books, my opinion, just saying) Dont take the decline of the wholesome, well oiled american family which is a dying art, accountability on how easy it is for a disfuctioning kid to find the gun and kill rather that get help or use logic. Parenting is a Hand on real deal, not giving them a Xbox with violent games to play 6-10 hours a day as a babysitter. Or the movie industry with theimplosion of our moales and teachings of deception, dividing and concure, thowing away of friendships and relationships as used toilet paper ( more problems of lack of parenting,monitoring childrens viewing.) Sure lets not police the back yard sales of guns that fill the criminals hands by sleazy, unethical gun show dealers and street gun sellers in huge number. Usually automatic weapons. Theres no common sense for a legal gun owner who can buy as many guns as they want ( and forget about them for easy access to their kids) to have a National gun registory for every new gun made! That would be stupid huh? Do they got something to hide, building up malitias taht will never work with the government or local law enforcement, really, think about the true outcome. Drones would be your last sight. The personal want to hold and play with a semiautomatic slaughtering assault weapon. We the concern Americans dont give a tick turd about someones fun that will cause by its use of stray bullets and deaths of innocent bystanders. In mine and your city, not just out ion the boo docks and on the ranch and shooting range. Sorry but were not going to take it since they and maybe you forced youyr opinion that automatically turned into your personal right and fun time that we arent going to do anything, because you try to spin a manufactured fallacy of a sinario the way you want us to see how you see things and how your blinded reality is. And thats not how it is and were are dbating and boy, The NRA and the right are way out numbered in opinon, concern and idea of our childrens safty. Oh they shouldnt have joke about the New Town elementary slaughter of OUR childrens safty in their classrooms, Tesla!

March 15, 2013 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
      • Tesla

Holy lord, I think you're on to something there. It's parenting! It's the family life! IT'S THE PERSON COMMITTING THE CRIME! That's amazing! I never really thought of it like that before. We should punish people who commit crimes! Maybe we can also offer incentives to people on welfare and unemployment who leech off the system anyway to voluntarily stop having kids. You know, I think that might just work.

Also: historically, registration leads to confiscation. Additionally, registration has historically done very, very little to stop firearm violence. Again, it would seem that those determined to break the law will break it anyway.

The MQ-1B Predator Drone, and even it's larger brother, the MQ-9 Reaper, can be brought down by small arms fire. In fact, the best easily accessible weapons for doing so are century-old designs: Large caliber, bolt action rifles like the Russian Mosin-Nagant 1891, the German Karabiner K98, or the American Springfield 1903.

There's a word you use, "fun." Every time you use that, what you should be saying is "rights." You don't give a tick turd about our rights. We didn't "force our opinion" into being a right. It has been a right since the founding of the nation. You are trying to force your opinion that we shouldn't have these rights.

Every "manufacture fallacy of a scenario" that I have brought up has happened. For someone who claims to study history, you seem to be very ignorant of it. Those events have happened and they will happen again if no one is capable of (or willing to try) putting up any resistance. Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier, Mao Zedong, and Robert Mugabe were all elected by a popular vote. Even Joseph Kony had massive popular support while his Lord's Resistance Army rose to power. You claim to have a majority vote over gun rights advocates; while I doubt that is true, I am reminded of a quote: "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."

March 17, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • sm

Send me an issue baby and we'll go to the deepest depths to way through the B>S Tesla. Bring it girl

March 22, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • T Masterson

Will you understand this? Many of my relatives have died from the horrible holes that bullets cause & from much worse holes caused by other weapons. They saw a lot worse things then Ms Fienstein ever has seen. I have relatives in the armed forces right now following in their path to fight for this country.
      You can go tell Ms Fienstein that they died from those horrific holes so every generation of Americans would have the god given right to protect our country for any attacker, from any place, where ever & whenever we may be attacked.
      You can tell your buddy Diane she isn't any better or more special then anybody else. She has no right to tell me & the other citizens of the United States that we can't protect our country anymore!

March 15, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • T Masterson

And you can tell her another thing. If she is around dead bodies, has time to start sticking her fingers inside the bullet holes of the dead body, and has no respect for that person, & then she hasn't seen what bullets and guns are for like our veterans and currently enlisted risking their lives for all American's personal freedoms know firsthand.
      Rather she is a sick individual doing her own little experimemts on dead bodies of her colleagues and she needed mental help before tha incident if that was the way she reacted when that incident occurred.

March 15, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • T Masterson

Please,
      ask also why she insists on turning the 1 person, who represents not even a handful of people the whole of the United State whose brains are so backwards that they could carry out something so immoral, into a martyr?
      Ask "why Ms Fienstein are you turning someone like that into a martyr, and trying have all the horrible deaths of all the United States citizens suffered over the many years on the front lines of war be in vain?"
      They deserve better than that, we all do. She wouldn't even have an office to go to to make this person into a martyr for her cause if it wasnt for all the citizens who died with guns in their hands protecting our freedoms.

March 15, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mr Masterson

It may be all a big joke to people like you, but it's serious business. It's still the same world that is filled with evil as it's always been and always will. That kid proved that loud and clear.
      Do you really think it would've been so important to those men and women that it was something they chose to die and kill for, the rights from our creator that all US citizens are guarenteed to have forever, if they knew how easy just a few decade later for someone like Ms Feinstein to work her whole life to infiltrate our government and just take away those rights with a pen and that there would be so many people in the US who were so uneducated they would let it happen and think its right thing to do? Get serious

March 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Masterson

I meant to post this here

March 15, 2013 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kevin Patrick

You have every right to protect yourself in the manner you deem appropriate. As do I end everyone else. That is a right granted to all of us equally and without reservation. You may choose to be unarmed, and that is fine. I wouldn't begin to care why you do, you do as you wish.
      Attempting to impose your choice on others is where you go terribly wrong, Ms. sm980268. It is not your place (nor mine) to make decisions for others.

March 21, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • sm

Heads up! Women, The majority of Americans and I want a new direction to safty in the streets and schools, neighborhoods,etc for our Kids. thats it, and thats whats going to happen . Its started in the house and senate and the retarded jikers who vote NO to new gun safty will be voted out of office come 2014 and absolutelt 2016 I know you'll be there to witness the take over of common sense agenda #1 our children, school system and law abiding citizens with guns who KILL innocent people, You'll be hel accountable. tell me where my place is, soooo what! You cant stop the New American ( Agenda to the middle class) Machine, OUT

March 22, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chris colon

hey sm980268,your so bright you shine,i was so lost until you showed me the light,can you believe that i always thought that i knew about guns but now i,m sure i don,t.it,s really sad that the military training,that was given to me to prepare me for war in vietnam in 1966,was all in vain.they taught me about guns,rifles,machine guns,land mones,hand grenades,hawk missle systems,tow misssle systems,mortars.etc.but thanks to your insight of my experience.i now realize i,m not that capable of handeling firearms.WOW thanks for bringing me into your land of fantasy.MICKEY.and happy trails to you .

March 15, 2013 at 9:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Clint

DHS buys 1.6 BILLION rounds, Southern Poverty law center sends memo to DOJ. Surprise, surprise, is you don't believe everything they tell and do whatever they tell you whitout objection, you are a terrorist. Suprise, surprise, who could have imagined it would turn out this way? I hope everyone is starting to get the picture.

March 15, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Clint

sn980268 just celebrated his 11th birthday, don't be too hard on him

March 15, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm980268

Hey clint , Sit and Spin ! ignnorant punk!

March 15, 2013 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Kevin Patrick

Would you happen to be a graduate of the School of Quick Retort?

March 21, 2013 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
      • sm

retort! What? do you state an issue or just grade are spelling on this wesite that DEBATES serious issues? GET A CLUE!!!

March 22, 2013 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. sm980268

The right who label theirselves as the right and the 1%, and the 47% of which we are, listen to you ignorant suggestions. And we learned you arent educated enogh, or responcible enough to take resopnciblity for you present and future actions of ignnorance. No will or thought of whats right for the security of all american children and the security of the nation. You said it all we heard your issues ,and demands, and disrespect of common sense. You are out numbered democratically for the right to be responcilbe and we will enact new gun legislation that is right, smart, and over due! Our childrens safty in their schools and neighborhood are far more important than the rights so called fun to play with killing machines. Its already in play. its already in congress and the senate. watch the natioal news and you'll get that we the american people are going through with fair common sense laws for guns and more arrests for negligance of stray bullets. Watch your guns ladies and gentlemen. the oppressed have spoken!

March 15, 2013 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • tN$

the thing you are missing is very simple. you dont have any right to boss other people around and tell them they have to do what you want them to do to make you feel better. do you think your God or what?

who do you think you are calling people names & starting problems with them. you just run up to people & start bothering them when they rather not even know you exist, & dont want to know anything about you ,& dont care what the heck you do with your God given freedom to choose do whatever you want!

. the only reason anybody would want to stop you from doing things you want to do is because you want to involve yourself in everyone's personal lives & their personal business when you should just be minding your own business.

if you put all that energy you use bossing everybody around into looking after yourself & learning important life skills like how to survive then you wouldnt be acting like such a wimp who cant even defend themselves , so now everyone needs to get rid of their guns because you are too weak to protect yourself from some person who may commit a violent crime against you...

& guess what ? it wouldnt be anyone of us who your boss around all day, itll be someone who preys on weak people like you, then they get you because you were preoccupied with everyone elses lives instead of your own life & being prepared to for bad things that sometimes happen in life to weaklings like you.

March 16, 2013 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kevin Patrick

Employing proper spelling, grammar and punctuation in your diatribe. Claiming to be educated while illustrating an inability to express yourself accordingly is unconvincing.

March 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • sm

Check this guy out, ladies and gentlemen. He cant get of the Grammer. No Substance and issues. This guy is not going to be able to go to sleep with all our grammer tweaks, Do you watch South park. theres a charecter on there named tweak that reminds me of you Kevin1 got to have Humor in your lif too.

March 22, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JG1987

Im a US Soldier fighting the good fight but here is where I draw the line. If America is supposed to be so free why does it feel like its moving closer into a communist society. Obamacare is a waste of funds and the move to practically strip away the second amendment is an even more waste of money. Instead of wasting money how about the liberals try to put the money to better use instead of wasting it, building more of a defecit, and making it harder on the future generations to be able to retire and enjoy life. Its sad that our goverment claims to be broke and funds other countries and the poor. It takes away from us military families and the servicemembers as well. By the way while all this is going on did you all know the military tuition assisstance program was taking away from us as a budget cut. Thanks liberals im sure that funding will get put to "greater use" and aid a 3rd world country or perhaps the poor.

March 16, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • JG1987

This is what i believe, for those who have not seen V for Vendetta go watch it. This country under Obama is heading down the same direction.

March 16, 2013 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. JG1987

Also I failed to mention it's not the guns fault for killing, its the person who pulls the trigger. It's like saying cars kill people, the drunk man behind the wheel didn't do it. The knife killed someone not the psychoatic behind the blade. People kill people. When it's all said and done, at the end of the day. A person makes the choice to shoot, drink till sobriety is gone then gets behind the wheel, or to take that knife and go around slaughtering humans as if we are cattle.

March 16, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chris colon

hey sm980268 it,s very interesting to see your reactions when someone makes a comment on any subject. it seems that you always either,call them stupid,ignorant,or to not have any sense of common sense.either your a very brilliant person,or someone whom suffers from an extreme Inferiority complex.but you know what,it really doesn,t matter,because i vowed to protect all americans when i took at my induction into the Armed Forces of The United States of America.the sad thing is that it includes people like you who would probably never do anything for anyone except oneself.you would never make a good soldier,but you surely make a lousy American

March 16, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. chris colon

one more thing are you related to piers morgan who likes to express that same form of language,you guys must be cousins.

March 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Victor A

I have followed the controversy on gun control more closely since the infamous Adam Lanza massacre. It is my personal opinion, most regrettably, that any kind of ban on assault weapons and large capacity magazines simply is not going to happen. My suggestion that at the very east responsible gun owners make use of trigger locks on weapons kept at home. As I understand, a trigger lock is impossible to remove without damaging the weapon. At the very least, let have a serious debate on how we can make the millions of weapons out there safer. Thanks for listening.

March 18, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • thaNorthStar.com

Trigger-locks are a a false sense of security. They can be removed or guns can be fired with the trigger lock on.
      The only 2 things to make guns 100% secure is
      1 always have them in your immediate control.
      2 If they arent then they need to be locked in a good quality safe that is fastened to a floor or wall so the safe cannot be stolen.
      Anything less than those 2 things are not good safety measures.

March 18, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Franklin Cantrell

How does Morgan compare his little island's annual murder rate to the combined rate of 50 United States? Idiotic comparison. More importantly, has Morgan forgotten that our 2nd Ammendment was a direct result of his country's tyrannical oppression of our United States? I'm still waiting for someone on his show to call him out on that.

March 31, 2013 at 8:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. ewing2001

Both Piers Morgan and Alex Jones are Ignorants.

his|tory is a hoax, humans are at some dead end ;
    google 1649'ish for the ultimate evidence that botany, architecture, jewelry makers,

mining, art/painting/illustrations, banking, gun weaponry etc. started all in the 1650s.
    The first 16 centuries did not exist. There was no "ancient"- or "medieval times".
    previews at http://checkthis.com/thebook

May 8, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ewing2001

I didn't know, this link would show up at google news search, but here's an updated blog about the same topic
      at http://checkthis.com/sohumansareonly365xyearsold
      incl. 'nu|chronology' of Hebrew/Hebraic,
      only as old as //1650.4, //1650.6, //1650.8, //1653.0 etc.
      (//1653.2, //1654.2)