Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 13th, 2013

Valerie Harper on her terminal cancer diagnosis: "People are sending me all kinds of wishes and love and heart ... and I accept it"

Facing terminal cancer, and saying that doctors have given her as little as three months to live, on Tuesday evening Valerie Harper joined "Piers Morgan Live" for an honest, and inspirational primetime exclusive interview.

On the heels of a March 6 announcement of test results that revealed cancer cells had spread to the membranes surrounding the brain, Harper detailed some of the most significant and memorable moments of her life:

"My husband telling me that he thought we should adopt," Harper recalled fondly. "Because I would make a great mother. That was a nice one."

Visibly overcome by emotion, the woman with Golden Globe, Emmy and Tony Awards to her credit thanked all those who have reached out with support:

"I want folks to know where I am now, and how much I have just been touched to the bone marrow by their concern, their love, their offers of care," said the 73-year-old. "People are sending me all kinds of wishes and love and heart. And I accept it."

As her emotional, live interview with Piers Morgan continued, Harper revealed the way in which she'd most like to be remembered:

"She was up and off the couch. She was – you know – or off her you know what. And I think I have been all my life."

Watch the clips, and listen to the interview, as Harper and Morgan talk about the actresses remarkable career, extraordinary life, and the courageous spirit she's taking with her into her final battle.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

1. Ninfa Carpenter

We will miss u Valerie Harper..u made us laugh & ur a great actress. May God Bless You Always.

March 13, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Carolyn Veatch

I'm sending this information for Valerie Harper, there is a cure for brain cancer and it's call the Ketogenic Diet and it has cures many people. Please go to this website and check it out. I care about people but it's been very hard to get this information to her so please see that she gets it.
    Thanks

March 13, 2013 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. rose keagan

Check out Rick Simpson please please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 13, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Charlie Potatoes

One of the rare interviews, Piers kept his mouth shut.

Valerie spoke as if it could be her last interview and
    conveyed a dramatic spirit. The fear of death will drive
    her to accomplish and connect. Be strong, G-d bless.

March 13, 2013 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. sharoon

ALL ABOUT CANCER.....CLICK HERE

March 14, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. sharoon

March 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Lonnie

Pierce.... PLEASE contact Mrs. Valerie Harper Contact me. My heart goes out to her and her family. She should honestly contact me, allow me to share with her about Reliv and LunaRichX... Lunsin through 50 studies can help with cancers cells. What if this could help her and she never hears about it????

March 15, 2013 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. bob morse

Please get this message to Valerie or her husband Toney – I'm computer illiterate! I was most impressed with the hoxsey cancer clinic in mexico when I visited it in the '80s – talked with many patients including some who had been cured and were bringing relatives there for treatment – unfortunately mother selected another clinic and returned to hoxsey too late. google them or call me (303) 530 2846

March 16, 2013 at 1:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Dr. Emmett Blahnik

We can save your Life. It's sad we have multiple terminal brain cancer victims still dying from something we help everyday. Please, Please, Please point this Woman to...www.beacancerkiller.com

The problem is you think this is to sell something. This could actually save this womans life.
    Dr. Emmett

March 16, 2013 at 3:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. peter j.acca

S.Summers book Knockout-reveals Drs.like Dr.Burzynski who have had success with Brain cancer! Please don'! give up!

April 12, 2013 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply