Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 26th, 2013

Suze Orman and Ryan Anderson respectfully disagree on the issue of same-sex marriage

On Tuesday evening Piers Morgan shared his studio with Suze Orman, as the finace guru and television host joined the program for its entirety, sharing her insight on everything from bankruptcy and taxes, to same-sex marriage and Tiger Woods (spoiler alert: she's happy for him, but feels the controversial Nike ad was a mistake by the global shoe company.)

As part of Orman's visit to "Piers Morgan Live," the author of ten books engaged in a spirited debate with fellow guest Ryan Anderson. A 31-year-old with expertise in bioethics and natural law theory, Anderson researches and writes about marriage and religious liberty as the William E. Simon Fellow at The Heritage Foundation, and is of the belief that marriage is meant to exist solely between people of opposite genders:

"All Americans have the right to live and to love how they choose to. And we don't need government redefining marriage to make that a reality," he stated, further explaining his stance that politics ought have no role in dictating how relationships are recognized. "I want the right to marry to be for everyone. The question is 'what is marriage?' I think that marriage is intrinsically, what it is, is a union of a man and woman, a husband and a wife, a mother and a father."

After listening patiently and politely, Orman eventually earned an opportunity to counter:

"I feel compassion for you, and I'll tell you why," began the woman, who in February 2007 said she is a lesbian. "I know that you believe very strongly what you believe, but I also know that you're very, very uneducated in how it really, really works. And I believe from the bottom of my heart that if you really, really understood why the government does need to get involved, why it does need to be legal on a federal level, if you really understood that, there is no way that you would sit there and say what you are saying right now."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Anderson offers his impassioned response to Orman, a woman who's been married to her wife Kathy Travis since 2010.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. Larry

Suze was very rude to the young man and unable to hold a mature discussion throughout. Stick to finances please!

March 26, 2013 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • JOHN KLINE

Actually she should have been ruder. Get off your high horse.

March 26, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Bill

Condescending Suze .... so intolerant of any who don't agree with her views. And Piers – a journalist? Piers joined Suze in the attack on Ryan, instead of trying to moderate an honest discussion of the issues. Pathetic lack of professionalism throughout.

March 27, 2013 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
      • Ed

I only watched this because a link was sent to me. This "interview" is precisely why I will not watch CNN. Neither Suze nor Piers were professional, respectful, or took the time to understand the opposing point of view. It is a shame that so many young people think that this amounts to a good argument for gay marriage.

March 27, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jim in Long Beach

Yes John Kline!

I agree. How can you not be rude to a person who supports legislation that denies some of us the very same rights he enjoys?

March 27, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
      • Tom

Just likie all libs. Agree with me or your stupid.

March 27, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
      • Kenny

Tom, "you're" the one who is stupid ;)

March 28, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
      • laguna_greg

Tom IS stupid! Ryan Anderson is nothing but a shill for the Right. He has no original thinking on this issue. He was issued a pamphlet when he got hired by that conservative think tank, and he's been parroting the same tired junk ever since. He needs to euthanized.

If it'd been me, I would have been a lot ruder than Suze ever was.

March 28, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
      • CNNFemaleFanClub

I think ignorant would have been a better word than rude.

March 30, 2013 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
      • Shirley-Jean

RE: John Kline's point
        Is that the way it really should work?? Be rude to people because they don't agree with our point. How sad! So everyone stop talking unless you agree with me??! Didn't think that interviewers should be hostile and bias Peirs Morgan.

May 22, 2013 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Larry

I think it is better if CNN put "follow Ryan Anderson on twitter/FB" next to the names of these two sorry figures who call themselves professional TV hosts. I'm sure he'll get millions of followers. Follow him @RyanT_Anderson

March 27, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • laguna_greg

Actually, you don't have to go to all that trouble. I've been reading his stuff for years. I just wipe my shoes when I come in from feeding the chickens in the morning, and there is every "original" thought Anderson ever had, smeared on my doormat.

What a stooge!

March 28, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • manuel bautista

anderson should go back to a more progressive "divinity" school since his ideas are so old and devoid of any usefulness at this time and age. i only hope that he would not have a gay child so that he would have to injure all the bullying,and heartaches that a gay child usually undergoes
      '

March 28, 2013 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Earl

I could think of a lot of women who would trade their husbands in for Suze. She knows how to manage money, has a lot of it AND she doesn't have a pot belly.

March 28, 2013 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • laguna_greg

Amen to that!

March 28, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leisa

Suze was rude, and so was Piers, but I expect nothing less than that from either of them, or from anybody who thinks that they have the right to their opinion but nobody else does. How you judge others is the judgment you'll get for yourself, so they can be insult all they want to; their time is limited.

March 28, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • NolaSunshine

Suzy was actually quite polite in the way she said she had compassion for him but he didn't understand, and she is correct. Everyone keeps trying to make this a moral/religious issue, but it isn't. Imagine, if you will, that your spouse cannot call a hospital when you are there and get information about your condition because he/she isn't considered a relative because of the "law." Imagine, if you will that you cannot leave a little money to your loved one if you die without them being taxed heavily because you were not married. These are legal issues ... and just the tip of the iceberg. My brother has been with his significant other for over 30 years, they have a child together (one they rescued before he was swept into social services because the mother refused to take care of him) ... and that is where ignorance plays the part. You can argue and you can think in black and white but if you cannot see both sides and accept that this is a human rights issue then you are clearly missing the point.

March 29, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Martin

I don't think people should insult the hosts, even though I disagree with them and they keep having less irrelevant and emotion invoking responses rather than focusing on the principle of the issue being discussed.

Ryan was great, he held a factual focused message. I love how he was consistent through the dislike of the audience and the hosts...

April 2, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jesse

Piers Morgan is a very unprofessional reporter. He did not moderate the conversation between Suze Orman and Ryan Anderson, but did his best to try to humiliate the person in disagreement with his point of view. Mr. Morgan was hiding behind Suze's lifestyle preference and believes, but was not able to address the legal facts presented by Ryan Anderson.

March 26, 2013 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cheryl

I agree Jesse. Piers was rude and unprofessional and Suzie was cruel. I was looking for a productive discussion.

March 27, 2013 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • christy

Agreed. Piers Morgan and Suze Orman called an invited guest uneducated, questioned him about his age, told him he was in the minority, and then got the audience to boo him. Not exactly the height of professionalism.

March 27, 2013 at 1:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Richard

Typical Piers. Cannot ever hold a balanced discussion or facilitate a dialogue. Does CNN ask him to be like this? Does it increase his viewership, or is he really that biased and blind to his own one-sided worldview. He always asks leading questions to frame the person he disagrees with as stupid and to set up an argument. I used to think he was a good journalist but he interrupts his opponents constantly, and conversely gives inordinate amount of air time to people agrees with. He never engages with the facts presented here by Ryan, and that is another trademark of his. He changes the topic as soon as he feels outdone. And another thing...he calls himself a Catholic. That really gets to me. Piers...face it. you are not a Catholic mate. You were baptised one maybe, but you are in schism with the Church.

March 27, 2013 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
      • Theresa

Christy I agree with you 100%, but this reply is also for Richard.

It sticks in my craw too, that Piers calls himself a catholic. He supports abortion, gays, contraception etc all of which are anathema to the Catholic church. I support all those issues too, but not longer call myself a Catholic. You can't pick and choose.

I used to quite like Piers, but have become disgusted with him and ashamed he is British. Then again, he was editor of two of the most scurrilous newspapers in the history of England. So what can you expect?

March 27, 2013 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

To to be good mediator, you cannot take sides. It seems PM already make up his mind about the issue and intended to embarrassed the young man calling him name. That is unprofessional. S.O. got issues and need to learn to respect other people's opinion. If one can say being gay is ok, another can certainly say gay is not ok. Government has done enough to damage society, they should not be involved at all. Bet you that the Gov't is redirecting society's attention so they can cover their laziness in fixing the financial problem.

March 27, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • laguna_greg

You know, I don't know what you all expected. Suze Orman is one of the most outspoken people in the media. Piers Morgan is very educated and well informed, but looking for ratings. Ryan Anderson is quite used to every kind of verbal assault that comes his way because, well, he's been on the loosing end of the debate spectrum for a while.

If you thought it wasn't going to be a mud-slinging slug fest, well, you were fooling yourself.

But having said that, if it had been me up there instead of Suze Orman, I would have left some blood on the floor. Anderson is nothing but an unwitting mouthpiece for the Far Right, and deserves about as much respect as a used car salesman.

Saying that he was taken advantage of is like saying that anybody who ever appeared on Jerry Springer got taken advantage of. Malarkey! He knew what he signed up for.

March 28, 2013 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Raymond

O.K! Everyone is going to come in here tonight and Blame God or throw God in everyones face when God is here to guide you and have " FAITH" not rule, blame or deffer responcibilty. How about looking into the mirror and see what and who you condem based on the way you think the world should be. Shout out who dosent get civil rights, yell that you know it all. The country grew up in the 60's and the race issues, and the country is growing up before your eyes in the new Millenium! its 2013, not the 1980's of conservative blindness and expellsion,and desception. Whe are going forward and you will have to develope ( again) morales and values of respect to Humans! Thats just the way it is....

March 26, 2013 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary

Dear Raymond, Gay is not a race. People are born into a race and can do nothing to change it. Gay is a perverse and abnormal lifestyle. It is a behavior. That more young people are being drawn into acceptance of wrong behavior as the activists continue to breakdown Christianity is not something good. The poll figures that show an increase in people knowing a close friend or family member who is gay (because the group has grown due to activists "teaching" it to the younger folks and pulling the in), reflects only that the country continues to slide into the gutter. The country did NOT "grow up" in the 60's. That's when our wonderful country began to break down. I lived through it from the beginning. People were easily led into following hippies because they didn't want to go to war. But the "culture" that went with following these 60s activists also included drugs and breaking down moral values. "Breaking down" (not "growing up"). The nation is crumbling.

March 27, 2013 at 1:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jim in Long Beach

Dear Mary: I wish you could have been in the audience so Suze could have called you ignorant, which you very obviously are. People do not choose to be gay. Do some unbiased research and turn down the paranoia: we are born this way.

March 27, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
      • BOSS8

Dear Jim in Long Beach

Oh don't forget that all the serial killers, gangsters, rapists and the like didn't choose to be that way...they were born that way.

March 27, 2013 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
      • Larry

Good point Boss8 although I would not imply gay people in the same categories as you have mentioned. The truth is that we all were born with a SIN problem that manifests in different ways in different individuals. The only remedy to sin according to the Holy Bible is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved from the coming wrath of God upon sin.

March 28, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
      • latenite

Jim, I know of identical twins, one of whom is gay, the other straight. There may be some genetic factors involved, but not exclusively. You cannot absolve yourself of choices completely.

March 28, 2013 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
      • Phil

U r 2 old! Time 4 u to move on to a higher leve, and let fairness take over.

March 28, 2013 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
      • Larry

Phil..."Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. From now on I call you my friend". Jesus Christ

There is no higher love.

March 30, 2013 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • News Follower

Raymond, you wrote that no one should be condemning based on the way they think the world should be. Would you please elaborate on what this means for our legislative and judicial branches? Is it ok for some people–the people in those positions–to make decisions which condemn certain actions? It seems one of their leading roles is to affirm or condemn based on the way they think the world should be.

March 30, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Steve

Suzie was losing the argument, so she started talking over him to drown out his point of view.

March 26, 2013 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Donna

Ryan Anderson wasn't even given an opportunity to finish his point before the clip ended. Would have like to have heard the rest what he had to say.

March 26, 2013 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Oliver

Piers Morgan and Suze were completely rude and did not show any interest in Ryans point of view. This wasn't just bad journalism, but blatant bullying. I started watching CNN as I have recently arrived in the US. Never again. Appalling.

March 27, 2013 at 12:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. edie

God did not make Adam and Steve–he made Adam and EVE–there is nothing more to say....

March 27, 2013 at 12:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • duckandcover

So if your names are neither Adam nor Eve, you're screwed.

March 27, 2013 at 1:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Oliver

It takes only a little bit of research to discover that Ryan is a Princeton graduate and contributed to the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. And yet this lady thinks it is fine to label him "very, very uneducated". He is an expert on the topic for goodness sakes!! Whether you agree or not let the man speak, isn't that what America is all about? I recently moved to the States and love that about it, freedom to express you point of view and to be heard. Why can't Piers assimilate? Such pomposity. This was all set up to bully and demean Ryan's person and his point of view. I really am disgusted. This is not American.

March 27, 2013 at 12:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary

Ryan may have been abused by both, but we know he was right, and the others just looked like thugs.

March 27, 2013 at 1:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Casey

Wow, I can't believe how rude and unprofessional Piers was during that "interview." I think Suze wasn't very polite either. Looks like the 31-year-old (Ryan) was the only adult in the room capable of having a respectful conversation.

March 27, 2013 at 12:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Trevor Kerr

As usual , Piers is excellent..

March 27, 2013 at 12:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bill

Excellent?? Excellent at what? Piers is among the most intolerant individuals on TV/cable – he belongs on MSNBC with all the other intolerant, blindered, echo-chamber residents. If CNN wants to be taken seriously, Piers must go!

March 27, 2013 at 12:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Richard

Excellent at being a complete...

March 27, 2013 at 1:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Shay

Good job Ryan!! He held his own in a room full of folks ready to attack...oh and by the way Suzie, I'm 32 and completely against gay marriage!

March 27, 2013 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Brian

I am not opposed to gay marriage, but respect the views of those who are. Suze Orman lost her composure as well as the argument – she was outmatched by a well-informed, thoughtful opponent. I find it difficult to watch Piers as he is is challenged to understand views that are different than his. For weeks he droned on about guns talking over and bullying anyone who opposed him. I thought his condescending behavior directed at Ryan was really off-putting. Had I been Ryan, I would have walked out. Instead, I changed the channel out of disgust. Suze's stock just went down with me as well – she ought to stick to financial commentary.

March 27, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Larry

I agree completely

March 27, 2013 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jim in Long Beach

Larry:

Suze was not outmatched at all. What she was outmatched by was this man's smug position of privilege. He doesn't have to fight for the rights that he already enjoys. Others have chosen to fight this battle to gain these rights, and we will prevail.

March 27, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. iMANCO

that is the state of the world, even the gays and lesbians don't want to hear opposing views. Suzie was very rude, this was supposed to be educative and constructive. Switched of my tele after the rude confrontation

March 27, 2013 at 12:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Patricia Luther

Piers Morgan does not deserve to have his own show. He is so biased and unprofessional, and he definitely did not know how to handle the debate between Ryan Anderson and Suze Orman. I thought Mr. Anderson presented the better argument and was kind, calm, and knowledgeable. Suze Orman was the exact opposite and definitely needs to stick to her financial field. I do not usually watch the Piers Morgan show because he is so biased but happened upon it when channel-surfing. Never again!

March 27, 2013 at 12:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Doug

Suze was not rude, Mr. Anderson was however very rude and disrespectful. Suze sat there,quietly , while Mr. Anderson spoke. But when Suze started speaking she could not finish a sentence without getting interrupted.

March 27, 2013 at 12:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Larry

Piers, why do you call the young man defending marraige between a man and woman intolerant when you shoot down his view and cut him short, calling his view (sic) asinine? You demonstrated the epitome of intolerance by doing so.
    It's interesting that your and Suzie's kind declare anyone with an opinion differing from yours intolerant...yet you have no problem ridiculing their opinion.
    The eternal truth, which you, Suzie and the rest will have to face one day, is that that young man was absolutely correct in his statements, whether you choose to renounce that truth or not.

March 27, 2013 at 12:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Judy Patterson

Suzy and Piers had every right to stand up for what they believe, which is what Ryan was doing. I wish they had pointed out to Ryan that just because gay people marry, it does not mean that straight couples can't. So men and women can still mary and form the family they desire. BTW I am 64, not gay , and neither are my children or anyone in my family that I know of. But why on earth be so mean-spirited and judgemental as to deny people the right to marry the person they are in love with? Especially when it takes nothing away from me.

March 27, 2013 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Oliver

Hi Judy,
      If Piers had given Ryan the opportunity to express his view you would understand why he holds that opinion. As he wasn't given the chance I suggest you google him and read his articles online, or better buy his book, before concluding that he is wrong. Unfortunately you have been bought by CNNs tricks here. They have muddled the issue so that you have no idea what the other side of the debate is actually saying, leading you to conclude that whatever it is, is must be irrational. Don't listen to CNN get the argument from its source before making such conclusions.
      I hope you can agree that the way Ryan was treated was disgraceful. Nobody deserves that, regardless of their views. He is a well educated and upright member of society, why is he treated like trash here?

March 27, 2013 at 9:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Bill

Wow way to go Ryan Anderson!!!!!i don't necessarily agree with your views but you definitely looked like the winner tonight! I'm sorry people don't understand point of views and respect othe peoples views as they would want respect for theirs. Piers was extremely lame tonight!

March 27, 2013 at 12:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim in Long Beach

Bill:

It is extremely difficult to respect someone's point of view when it supports the denial of equal rights for everyone. This is what many here fail to see because they have already have those rights.

March 27, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Norm Younker

I was very disapointed in both Mr. Morgan and Ms. Oram. Neither were able to show their invited guest, Mr. Anderson, the respect and common courtesy he deserved. I expected a polite discussion on different points of view. What I heard were two angry people talking over and berating an obviously bright and well educated young man who was never given an opportunity to fully explain his views. My previously high option of Mr. Morgan and Ms. Oram came down considerably.

March 27, 2013 at 12:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. edie

I'm very proud of you Ryan. You have been very kind and respectful.
    After months of watching the show--Tonight is the last night for me.... I will never watch this show again...Ryan, I wish you well....CNN I'm disappointed in your choice to have Piers Morgan as a host.You went half way around the world and you could have done better here at home.

March 27, 2013 at 12:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Larry

When the Lord said "be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth" He wasn't talking about finances, miss Orman.

March 27, 2013 at 1:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Jael

Go Ryan! God richly bless you. Yes, Marriage is between a man and a woman. If Suzie or gay couples want to enjoy the same privileges that comes with marriage like your spouse having to take ones social security when the other dies; then they should fight for those rights but not Marriage. Marriage as ordained by God should be between a man and a woman anything outside that is devilish and unscriptural

March 27, 2013 at 1:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. A. Lincoln

The idea the young man presents isn't anything new. It's the same rhetoric brought forth anytime a group claims the right to discriminate against others. ERA, SufferJets, Civil Rights, Slavery, Jim Crow, the list goes on to the beginning of time.

The concept of letting the people decide is what the country was built on, but the potential outcomes of the vote must effect everyone equally. The idea the gentleman presents is a loaded deck; It's not a democratic vote, it's an unattainable vote of acceptance. It says 'The majority of us here don't like you and now were going to vote on it to prove it". It's the battle cry of the Bully.

Any legislation brought forth either at the State level or Federal level that impairs or discriminates again specific groups of your fellow citizens and humans is wrong and should be challenged by the other side.

It's always the simplest minds that believe they have a good understanding on everything and know what's best for everyone while it's great minds that acknowledge in our short time here were lucky to understand anything.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    -William Shakespeare

“To know that you do not know is the best. To pretend to know when you do not know is a disease.”
    -Lao-Tzu

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
    -Socrates

March 27, 2013 at 1:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Oliver

Those quotes are great. But your pretense of being slightly educated fails as you clearly have not considered or even read Andersons work (clear in how you have interpreted his view here), you think it is OK to pass judgement on him before you even hear him out.

March 27, 2013 at 9:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Larry

"The fool has said in his heart, there is no God". Holy Bible

March 27, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jim in Long Beach

Thanks Larry for pointing out this fact.

March 27, 2013 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Precious

O, ok, so marriage, according to Suze is a "MONEY MATTER". So, they're actually saying to change the universal and objective definition of MARRIAGE BECAUSE..... MONEY! What else is there? I should have guessed....

March 27, 2013 at 2:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Sylvia

Wow, Ryan Anderson. I was rooting for you the whole time and so impressed with the way you handled the conversation. I found the way CNN treated you very offensive, and the arrogance of Piers Morgan and Suze Orman was appaling. There was no professional conduct from them at all . I am so glad for people with courage and ability like yours. You might have been alone in the room, but you had a host of supporters outside CNN.
    I am just about done with CNN.

March 27, 2013 at 2:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Precious

All in the family were with him. Very dignified man. I didn't realize that being so young (as Piers and Suze said it) ... AGE was ALSO discriminated against because the opinion of Ryan was not to their liking... If it was to their liking, then they will say that "although he's a very young 31 yo man, he's very matured for his age",...

Stick to the debate, Piers and Suze... not belittling the person. I wanted to hear more on what Ryan would have said but Piers got his way (he has the microphone of course) and cut short the brilliant young man. I'll definitely get his book

March 27, 2013 at 2:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Mperra

This is a complex economic vs spiritual issue. No need to attack anyone before understanding their views.

March 27, 2013 at 3:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Walter White

Please note that :08 minutes into the show the US graphic on "Banned" and "Legal" was incorrect. NJ does not approve gay marriage. The graphics were wrong. NJ approved Civil Unions, not the same a Gay Marriage. Gov. Chris Christie will not approve Gay Marriage and Civil Unions do not offer the same rights as Marriage.

March 27, 2013 at 4:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. BOSS8

By all means, let all of us become gay and end the human race. You want to be gay and adopt the kids of straight people...How in the world does that make sense?

I have another question. Since we are all operating under "liberty", "freedom" or whatever we choose to call it, what will happen tomorrow when a father says he loves his daughter and they want to marry? Or a son says he loves his mother and thus, they want to marry? Or a father and his son decide to marry...or perhaps a mother and her daughter? I mean, we should be free to do whatever we want, right? Or maybe, a man says he loves his dog or his horse and they should marry? He should also have same rights, shouldn't he? Its a free world after all.

In short, where would we begin to draw the line?

March 27, 2013 at 5:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sue

PLEASE tell me you're kidding............................

March 27, 2013 at 9:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jim in Long Beach

Sue:

I'm afraid he's not kidding! lol He's one of those "slippery slope" types.

March 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
      • BOSS8

Jim in Long Beach,

Don't know what the heck you mean by "slippery slope" type...and quite frankly, I don't care.

March 27, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
      • Larry

Sue...in today's society, his comments may not be so far fetched.

March 30, 2013 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
      • BOSS8

Thanks Larry

March 30, 2013 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Sue

PLEASE tell me you're kidding me......................................

March 27, 2013 at 9:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • BOSS8

I was being sarcastic and serious...where do you stand on all this?

March 27, 2013 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Dennis

That was the funniest thing I've ever read. Good point

March 27, 2013 at 9:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • BOSS8

Thanks Dennis.

March 27, 2013 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • BOSS8

Founding Fathers of America: In God We Trust. (And America blossomed)
      Today's Leaders: In the Devil We Trust (And America withers)

March 27, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • sharon

just based on percentages... some of our founding fatthers were gay... sorry to burst your bubble...

March 28, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • leah

@ Boss8, I completely agree. In all fairness that is the right question to ask.

March 27, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • BOSS8

Thanks Leah. Lets answer that question first...

March 28, 2013 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeanc

100 % agree with you, besides, marriage is a religious celebration, a pact between a man, a woman and GOD why people that don't believe in GOD want to marry for?.......oh oh the money, the benefits that's right, so 54% of Americans are in favor turning marriage to a financial contract....yeahhhh that is the way to go...........

March 27, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • BOSS8

Thanks Jeanc.

March 28, 2013 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
    • sharon

People dont become "gay". They are born that way. It's part of nature.

March 28, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Dee

Really? Please show is the DNA proving that they are born that way? You won't find it. However, they have found one for Pedophilia, but I don't think anyone would advocate for their rights to marry who they love. Sometimes, even if you are born that way, it doesn't make it OK to change tradition.

March 28, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
      • Larry

Ha ha ha ha

March 30, 2013 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  28. Jake

What do you expect from the soul sucking Drama Queen network? Piers is a smarmy bottom feeder.

March 27, 2013 at 6:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jake

If Piers was half a man, he would have told Suze Orman to keep her legs crossed, no loss to humanity there. But Piers is a prissy flower.

March 27, 2013 at 8:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Mike

While Anderson did well, I would like to challenge Piers to call one of these men to the show the next time he wants to have a "debate" :Douglas Wilson, John McArthur, John Piper, or Al Mohler.

March 27, 2013 at 8:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. SHW

You do not call anti-gay marriage people uneducated or lack of tolerance period. This issue is a very personal
    view spiritually and financially. Morgan, just because you have a TV show it does not mean everyone has to agree
    with you. According to you America is such a terrible place; gun violence, gay marriage, complicated tax code, disfunctional
    government and etc. America is only the right place when you come to draw a fat salary. Disgusting!!!

March 27, 2013 at 8:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • jay kay

wasnt there a show before his that aired for some 20 plus years..?? dont think he compares and maybe cnn want the publicity but it s really shameful for cnn's standards... they re almost becoming a tabloid..!!

March 27, 2013 at 10:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Ron

It was far from a respectful disagreement- it was a biased and unprofessional interview. Perhaps Suze should look up the real meaning of compassion- because from my perspective she was totally [un]compassionate towards Anderson. As for Pierce he is a total disgrace to himself and CNN. No more CNN and Pierce Morgan for me henceforth. Ryan came out the winner in this one sided debate

March 27, 2013 at 9:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Jael

Where are the Giants of the gospel we need you to rise up!!

March 27, 2013 at 9:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lester

The giants of the gospel are you and me. Continue to speak the truth in Love. The Word cannot come back void. I was very disappointed in the "dialogue" that happened last night with Suzy, Piers and Ryan. The handpicked audience was very unprofessional on the part of CNN. I think we all know where they stand on the issue but to call this journalism is a joke. Suzy was losing the argument with Ryan and she resorts to asking the audience what they thought of Ryan and his position. That is nothing short of school yard conflict resolution. It was clear – as mentioned in an earlier post. If it is more financially advantageous for us to change the moral fabric of our land, lets do it.

March 27, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Ryan Mancuso

This was the worst. I'm a supporter of gay marriage. However this was not a debate at all. What kind of debate is this with one guy (Ryan Anderson) defending his opinion, surrounded by the opposing view. I know this issue can stir a lot of emotion. But come on Suze Orman, is this how you made it on TV? By shutting peoples opinions out, telling them they are uneducated and ignorant? I'm a teacher, and if you want someone to understand you, to even listen to you… you treat them with respect.

Disappointed.

March 27, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. jay kay

just watched a rerun of the show and was stunned – firstly by how well mannered and composed and articulate the young man (ryan anderson) was in spite of the condescending comments from piers (nothing new there) and the audience in general... he gave such sound responses to their claims for benefits etc that marriage gives – simply get laws to give u those in a civil union, u dont need to change the definition of marriage to do that...

bottom line is, the gays know/feel they re wrong but to give some credence to what they re doing, they want to do what s normal so they dont feel or appear abnormal... they re simply trying to buy credibility and trying to change societal views to the point that if you dont agree with them, u re seen as evil/wicked/intolerant etc...

again the best part of the debate was the composure and maturity of the young man at only 31 yrs old!!!! he never took the bait or became rude and just wish more people in america would get behind him...

March 27, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. jay kay

like i said earlier, i wish americans would rise up behind this young man (does he remind anyone of martin luther king??) am not american but would sure love to contact him to let him know he did great despite the one-sided audience and reporters... truth is piers wasnt as rude as i ve seen him to be, maybe becos anderson didnt give him a chance to by not getting rude or aggressive himself... besides, he answered ALL their questions brilliantly so they had to resort to jeering to try to prove their point and glad to see most posters here agree as well...

so, anyone have a link/email to reach ryan anderson..? sorry am not very internet savvy so dont tweet but if there s a website or blog...... thanks.

March 27, 2013 at 10:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. ash

if you watch that has Piers in it, there is something wrong with you. What did you people expect.

March 27, 2013 at 11:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Amanda Montecinos

Piers Morgan proves over and over again that he is a completely one sided, unprofessional reported who tries to force public opinion to side with him, either on gun control or gay marriage... or anything of that nature. In this case, he puts Suze Gorman in a powerful position as his interviewee (without an opposing view sitting next to her), with the majority of his audience supporting his position on gay marriage in a clear effort to ridicule the opposing point of view, which, in opinion, I completely support. Their efforts to manipulate the youth by putting forward morals completely oppose to the values that America was built on are dangerous. I feel sorry for gay people and I wish they would chose another path, but this sorrowfulness can't allow us to create a world in which our children don't have the opportunity to enjoy the blessings of a home where a "mother" and "father" are there to support them and take care of them. Yeah, there is divorce...and many other badness destroying the unity of the family, which God intended as a safe haven for the precious children he sends to this earth, but we must continue to fight against those forces to have hope of a better future for the generations to come.

March 27, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. stuart

“respectfully disagree?” Who wrote that? The behavior by morgan and orman was a disgrace.

@ryan – you knocked it out of the park. A superb example of how to keep composure while under duress!

#neverWatchMorganAgain

March 27, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Mary

Dear Jim in Long Beach: I am a well educated person (as is Ryan) and I have followed this issue for decades. There is zero evidence that gays are born that way. I am well aware that this is the propaganda you were instructed to dish out by your activist leaders, and have seen it being said first hand. This does not change the fact that there are NOT this many people born "abnormal" and much of it is pure deviance–as evidenced from the general lifestyle, gay parades etc Also noted is that my original post to CNN was apparently deleted (though there was nothing out of line with the post). Must have been a balanced point of view deliberately being kept of site. The "alarm" that many of us feel is justified, given that our children are being taught wrong things in public schools, while at the same time the Christian values that dominate this Christian nation are being systematically silenced. That gay activists do all of their protesting naked or half-naked is evidence enough of who and what these people are. You are destroying our once great country. P.S.: Because you know somebody who is gay does NOT in any way mean you have to accept the wrong behavior. There are some people who know child molesters and those molesters "want" to live that way. Doesn't mean we need to let them, or to promote the wrong behavior because they happen to be a neighbor or co-worker. They are wrong just the same.

March 27, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. albo raison

The true colors of Orman, the condescension, the Oprah-fication of this whole issue (ie emotions only...!), the unwillingness to use anything but shoutdown and intimidation - all perfect examples of the left-wing bully culture. Total kudos to Ryan for continuing to debate in this loaded environment. Typical that Suze and Piers had to ue the end of the exchange to throw out the emotion-laden tripe that makes it only more evident that they had no real arguments.
    The only other observation here is that Orman started to get to the real heart of the issue for gays - FEDERAL BENEFITS. They are all good Democrats, and they are used to having their vote bought by goodies from government because they are female, or hispanic, or black, or whatever. They want "gay" to be added to that lists of justifications for redistribution.

March 27, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Katie

If this isn't bullying, then I don't know what is! Piers, Suze and pre-selected audience, as people who stand for tolerance, you were anything but during this entire debate. Why did you treat Ryan with such derision and disrespect? He calmly presented his argument while you bullied him with eye rolls and condescending talk, and then had your audience boo him. Really, this is not journalism.

March 27, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • PAUL B.

Katie dear...when someone...a child at 31...throws garbage in your face...tolerance shouldn't be expected.

March 29, 2013 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. dinopdx

Of course Ryan Anderson was uneducated, all he did was repeating his position over and over again without giving any logical reasons or indications that he understood anything. It's just like Prop 8 supporters in court, who failed miserably when subject to the test of logic and reason.
    It's funny to see so many Christian Talibans here talking about science, as if they believed in it. Hey, I can call you crazy who believe in invisible friends, but I don't want to take your legal rights away to live your lifestyle. Stop being so judgmental and start living as your invisible friends would want you to.

March 27, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim in Long Beach

Thanks dinopkx for your great comments which most likely will fall on the deaf ears of the "Christian" folks here. The fact is, there is absolutely no reason not to allow all loving couples to marry. No one's beliefs or marriage status will be affected one iota when fairness eventually triumphs and everyone, not just some, is allowed enjoy the benefits and protections marriage offers.

March 27, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Oliver

Yes champion. He is a Princeton Grad and PhD Student. I doubt from your comments that your credentials are any more than that. So either you are also uneducated and not qualified to speak on the issue or Ryan is well educated and qualified to speak on the issue.

March 28, 2013 at 12:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • PAUL B.

You're so right. I think he said he had been with HF for 15 years...and also said he was 31 years old. So, am I to believe that he's been indoctrinated since the age of 16? Personally, I'm looking for someone less naive, less self-opinionated and more open to the changing nature of the human condition than this little boy.

March 29, 2013 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Tim

Interesting clip...why is it cut off just as things were getting interesting?

March 27, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Jael

Norm Younker, you hit the nail right in the head. You are so RIGHT!

March 27, 2013 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Will

what is going on? I have tried 3 times to have a comment posted.

March 27, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. M.J.

Marriage has always had ONE purpose.. Its original purpose.. Was to bind one man and one woman together..For the safety and the security of the woman and the children.. It was designed to keep men tied to a woman, who could not do much of anything but prostatute herself to support the children she might have had.. It was also to protect the children so that they would be taken care of my the man, who was legally bound to the mother.Who must accept her children as his and support and care for them..
    By its original design it still works that way.. Children still need to have a biological mother and a biological father to grow up with the best kind of security .. Having a biological family where they are genetically connected has great benefits..
    Yes there are exceptions.. And most of them are thanks to altering laws for adults who want the rules altered for themselves without much thought to the conequences to children..
    And today society suffers greatly thanks to the experiments of quickie no fault divorce.. free love and having many partners and many fathers for children within the same family unit.
    We all KNOW that.. Yet we are all too ready to take it a step further..
    Its been a experiment and we have data now to prove it made a mess of the stability and the lives of children. Who have grown up with problems. And society has suffered..
    We alll say "wow kids are awful today".. Well..???
    yes they are.. And now we are ready to see how much worse we could possibly make this...
    Instead of taking a lesson learned and going back to what worked for thousands of years,, We want to fracture it further, and now try the same gender family.. Where children have no choice but to stat out in a non biological family unit...
    And then see how that turns out~!!
    Why should it get better instead of worse? And the problem is all too many are willing to give it a try anyway.
    After all , adults have the right to do as they please..
    Kids just suffer the consequences.

March 27, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • lroy

A little too long, but of course you have to spell it out. I do not like Suze Orman. Just because she believes something "in the bottom of her heart" does not necessarily mean it is good advice or even moral. Orman should stop writing books and read one (bible).

March 27, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bud

There have been studies that kids end up no worse when raised by gay parents and also have no greater chance of being gay than the regular population. Dr. Drew talked about it today on his show. he admitted that more studies need to be done, but at least there is some factual basis in his argument instead of just saying everything has gone bad because of "immorality".

March 29, 2013 at 12:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  47. kipp

I agree with the majority of people here Piers and Suzy were completely out of control. This was not a debate, it was an attempt to drive public opinion on this issue. CNN should be outraged unless that is they support that type of journalism. Piers also took this type of approach with gun control and forced his own opinion on his viewers after the terrible event that happened in CT. I enjoyed watching you in the begining but not any more. When did you become such a TWIT? Isnt that how they say it in England?

March 27, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Will

I would appreciate an answer to why my comment is being deleted since it included nothing but a little historical background and my own personal experience. It did not attack anyone personally.

March 27, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Will

I keep getting diverted to a page that claims that I'm submitting a duplicate message but my message was never posted.

March 27, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Ted

Pity–Suze really is an attractive woman, so I feel deeply sorry that her so-called "partner" is another rather unattractive woman when she should be standing tall and proud next to a goodlooking MAN!

March 27, 2013 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim in Long Beach

Ted:

How shallow you sound. Looks don't last, regardless of gender. What lasts are intelligence and a shared life of common experiences.

March 27, 2013 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Ted

Well, shallow though it may sound, I think you will find that most people agree with ME! And although looks might not last forever, if you take really good care of yourself, as proven by Suze at the age of 62, you can certainly look pretty damn good at any age if you really try hard enough. Anyway, this much I will say for Suze: It is REFRESHING to see a lesbian - and a famous one at that - who is as attractive and FEMININE as she is rather than the usual "butch" types that you see regularly out there! I would also place country and western star Chely Wright in that same category as she, too, is VERY pretty and quite feminine! However, with that said, I would still prefer to see Suze living her life with a tall and goodlooking MAN!

March 29, 2013 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  50. Gordon Yau

Les be honest, support or not, she could have handled that with more class. We can rationalize how it might have looked good, "she should have been more rude etc,", but that was bad.
    Looking objectively of course

March 28, 2013 at 12:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  51. jenny

I too tried to post a comment last evening after turning off the show in disgust. So, someone is picking and choosing what ideas are allowed on the grid!? That is disgusting, too. I will neverWatchMorganAgain either.......

March 28, 2013 at 1:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Will

Especially since it clearly states below that comments are NOT pre-screened before they post.

March 28, 2013 at 8:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Jessica

I love CNN. I'm addicted to it. But Piers Morgan is NOT a professional interviewer...if you watched the whole segment with Ryan Anderson and Suze Orman, you would see why people are saying Orman was rude and why Morgan is such a bad moderator! This particular 3 minute clip showed the Piers Morgan and Orman in the best light. I would much rather have had Anderson Cooper do this interview.

March 28, 2013 at 4:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  53. JD

Piers and Suze's statements at the very end of the clip is at the heart of the deepest issue (or one of them) in America today. They cut off Ryan saying they couldn't believe he had that view point/opinion, he was intolerant, and un-American. Our country has become so "politely correct", that it strongly discriminates against other beliefs/worldviews not held by popular culture, which are ever changing (and not in the good sense). Piers/Suze's comments were hypocritical, judgmental, intolerant, and lacked any firm understanding of the opposition’s stance. Embodying the same thing that they accuse the pro-marriage side of being. Rather than have an intellectual/respectful discussion on both sides of the debate, they responded with primarily emotional based accusations. Their final comments were not a good picture of the very first amendment our country was founded on, especially regarding the free exercise of religion (which is a worldview, though Ryan debated from a secular viewpoint – not bringing religion into the mix) and the freedom of speech. BTW – I'm 26 years old and live in NYC...and there is a large group of people in this city and in America that feel similar.

March 28, 2013 at 8:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  54. EMar

Oh, CNN. The only part of that "discussion" that was respectful was the young man. sigh. Just proving the conservative complaint that you are biased, over and over again.

March 28, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bud

Come on. All of the networks are biased. That's how they sell the news these days. Fox and MSNBC are exact opposites of each other in political leanings, but are exactly the same in terms of being biased. CNN is slightly more down the middle, but ultimately they are all pretty much biased. I hope you weren't trying to sell the idea of Fox being "fair and balanced".

March 29, 2013 at 12:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mary

Fox News does not have to represent the points of view of "wrong people" as if they were "correct".
        They only need to mention that the alternative viewpoint exists (and correctly repeat what was said) to have presented a balanced argument. CNN apparently distorts what our side says because I've heard many people that I know saying crazy things about Fox and about Republicans. They get these silly ideas from CNN and late night comedy shows,

April 1, 2013 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  55. AndyB

It's unfortunate that the debate was conducted in such a fashion. Putting the issue of marriage aside, it is obvious that Piers and Suze let their emotions control their words and reactions, and they were less than gracious toward their opponent. Their case would be much better served if they had not been so rude toward Ryan. It's okay to disagree, but Piers and Suze went beyond disagreement. The ultimate tragedy is that now we are discussing the conduction of the debate rather than the content, and in that regard, Piers failed miserably. Debates should be remembered for the ideas that are presented, not for how rude the respondents are.

March 28, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. Austin

I notice that the style of writing in many of these comments are nearly identical with simlilar syntax, tone, vocabulary, and punctucation. Seems odd that 20+ posters all have the same message that reinforce the others point... I think I smell a person posting multiple times under different names.

March 28, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Justin

Most likely because a large number of people made similar observations watching the same event?...Don't mean to be sarcastic, but that seems to be the more logical answer than speculative.

March 28, 2013 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Precious

I'm sure not one of "them", if you think that.
      I believe majority here are in the US, I'm in Sydney Australia.

March 31, 2013 at 5:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  57. Sam

I thought this story was going to be about Tan Mom.

March 28, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Bud

Turn this around a little. Why don't we eliminate all tax credits credits for marriage? Oh yeah, and you can't cover your spouse at work for insurance either. Let's just make the playing field equal. How does that sound for all of you who are against gay marriage? You can still get married since apparently God wants it that way. But now you lose any benefits associated with it to make it all equal. Deal?

March 28, 2013 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. Jacqui

I do believe that everyone has a right to do whatever they want with their lives. However, people can call me whatever they want. I believe that God's Word is true and God's Word says that it is wrong.

I believe that we are doing these people a dis-service, because if 99% of the people in the world steal and say that everyone is doing it and we think it is right, that doesn't change the fact that God's Word says that it is wrong. We have been corrected and we correct our children because we believe that based upon the standard of God's Word, it is wrong. Because President Obama has evolved doesn't make it right in the sight of God. Each one of us will have to give an account to God for the things we say and do.

Temporary pleasure will end in spiritual death. Since when are we wiser than God? We show our love for people when we set them on a path of knowing our Heavenly Father.

March 28, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CNN Lover

I posted a few messages agreeing with you but CNN blocked them all.

March 30, 2013 at 10:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  60. mw

i actually found this very entertaining. a highly educated but old school appearing defendant, a host forgetting his journalistic obligation and an opinionated tv celebrity who can't follow an opposing argument. it was like a mix of tv court, inquisition and water-cooler talk moderated by one of the kardashian sisters. no matter how you think about this matter decide first if you want to have a legal discussion or an exchange of personal opinions. i miss larry king!

March 29, 2013 at 12:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  61. klingstreet108

Ryan Anderson did a fantastic job stating the meaning of marriage. He was professional, articulate, and communicated content that was logical and time-honored. What made his dialogue particularly excellent was that it was done on CNN–and on Piers Morgan's show at that.

March 29, 2013 at 8:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • A women

Huh? You don't attack audience. He wasn't in the right to do so.

March 30, 2013 at 9:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  62. jenny

i miss larry, too:)

March 29, 2013 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  63. A women

Suze Orman is not too bright. She lives up to the dumb blond stereotype.

March 30, 2013 at 9:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  64. CNN Fan

As a Gay man I think I should be able to marry. Why shouldn't I have the same rights to my partners pension, life insurance, tax benefits, ... screw the kids just like row v wade. We want the money. Next we will demand to marry a few of out boys. Why not share?

March 30, 2013 at 10:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  65. M Wood

Piers behavior was very disappointing during this segment. I will not be watching the Piers Morgan show again. … and I have watched CNN for decades.

March 31, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  66. Mary

I find it difficult to manage this blog because I can never find my previous post, or the person who replied to me and asked a question. But forgot to say.....when I came out of the Islamic studies class, I did not feel "upset" in any way (only enlightened). And I am Catholic. But when the history department tried to force all students to take a womens studies course. I attended the first 3 classes and was REALLY upset about it and demanded to be able to drop the course. It was OFFENSIVE and very irritating for a Christian woman to sit through. Repulsive feminists (and there was no reason for gender to be dividing. Women were not in the history books because they weren't involved in politics of the time. So what? WHO cares ! They were doing something much more important for the fabric of society. Raising their children and taking care of their homes. And that was important ! That fact that women consider themselves more important than their children now is wrong. My job is FOR the family, not at the expense of it. Radical feminists are usually lesbians and their agenda and though process is wrong and damaging for society.

March 31, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  67. Bryan Amore

This was not a respectful disagreement. Morgan and Orman using ad hominem, cognitive bias, and genetic fallacy attacks on his arguments were far from respectful.

March 31, 2013 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  68. NinaMarie

Orman and Morgan repeatedly condescended to, sneered at, snarked at and talked over Mr. Anderson who maintained his poise and his manners throughout.

Neither Orman or Morgan even tried to listen to his reasoned, intelligent, thoughtful responses.

Piers Morgan is a fool, but I used to respect Suze Orman. No longer.

April 2, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. Rob

Respectfully disagree?! Suze was nothing but disrespectful and haughty. What an arrogant hothead!

April 22, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  70. Phil

As a 36 yr old brit, I'm embarrassed by this disgraceful bit of psuedo journalism. A debate doesn't put one party 15 ft away on his own, on a level below the host and other party. Ugly. And where do economics come into this argument – what a smoke screen – never have proponents of keeping the definition of marriage as is, ever suggested two loving and committed people shouldn't have all of the same rights, regardless of gender? Marriage isn't a right, it's a definition....and the question is do we want to change it? And why do so many pro-gay marriage supporters think it's ok to be rude, or that the pro-gay debater and host should have been even more rude? This I don't get.

May 1, 2013 at 10:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  71. Brawny71

Please, he gave that little so-and-so more time than I would have. I have to admit these people have gotten pretty tactful in saying it's just about a "definition", but we can all see through that like clean glass. It always boils down to hate. This 31-year-old wet-behind-the-ears yahoo got more of a reply than he deserved. See his article on "The Catholic Exchange" and look at the comments section to see the hate he breeds.

May 21, 2013 at 8:10 am | Report abuse | Reply