Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 27th, 2013

Robert Zimmerman Jr. on his recent controversial tweeting: "I apologize for it and I'm sincere about that"

On the heels of a recent social media offering which has yielded intense public vitriol, this evening "Piers Morgan Live" invited Robert Zimmerman Jr to join the program live with his explanation.

The older brother of George Zimmerman, Wednesday's guest has been a fixture on Twitter, using the micro-blogging service to share his account of the events that lead to the February 2012 shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

However, it is a particular tweet – published on Sunday – that has served to further intensify emotions as part of an already polarizing story.

"A shocking tweet, that he sent out, that a lot of people are calling racist," explained Piers Morgan, as he began the segment. "Comparing Demarquis Elkins, the 17-year-old charged with shooting Sherry West's baby, with Trayon Martin. Both teens making an obscene gesture. And Zimmerman added the caption 'A picture speaks a thousand words. Any questions?'"

Adding his own opinion, the host said he feels Zimmerman Jr.'s tweeting "was bordering on outright racism."

In response, the elder brother of the man currently preparing to stand trial for murder in the second degree looked to clarify:

"Yeah, certainly that's one way to read it. And that seems to be the way a lot of people have interpreted it," noted Zimmerman, Jr., of the notion that his tweet was racist in it's essence. "I don't think Twitter is the place to make points about what you recall a year ago, because the recollections that I have, or that we have as a family specifically, are very different than what can be portrayed in 140 characters."

Noting that in hindsight his tweets weren't necessarily the best idea, he went on to offer an apology:

"I realize those were controversial and offensive, and I did publicly apologize for them. I don't think it was the right thing to do that way," he said. "I understand it's controversial and I apologize for it and I'm sincere about that. I shouldn't have done it this way."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Wednesday's guest offers additional insight and context into his recent social media offerings.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Filed under: The Big Story
  1. sam

Look1 no matter what you personally think about these stories dosent hide the fact the this generation and parenting is messed up way beyond controll. Give or take a pep talk to your kids or checking on them at bed time we have just plian drop the BALL! completely. This truth really hurts. we all have to look in the mirror and think about the mis-cues, non punishment, doling of taking responcibility for ones actions, and the big one Hummility and common curtisy! thats depleted , virtualy fading, and non- existant. 3 out of every 5 students fail the humility and curtisy to your piers test ( and thats a homework assignment for us to sit here and think about and write a personal essay to see our flaws, And thats everybody. we let this happen and we are the only ones to shred the ignorance and start all over again. Do you read the news, and see the stupidity repeated over and over and the youth incriminate theirselves before our eyes and video it then launch it on you tube, What idiots. Learn children learn! were failing the youth of the future!

March 27, 2013 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • john truth

Please explain what r u talking about – the issue is Zimmerman seeking to change the perception of trevon martin by using some street thug- with out making any reasonable connection between the two – except for race. if u need me to make it clearer than u are like Hitler if u r a German. it is a stupid argument from an idiot who thinks he is smart

March 29, 2013 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • tmac

whatever argument you were attempting to make was totally lost in your 3rd grade spelling

March 29, 2013 at 6:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. ethics

How about the GOP convetion of degenerates ( and old lame aquintentses Palin, Bachman, and everyother bottom dweller tea party fascist0 coming out loud. " were going to redo our stratagy to get the message out to the minorities, were not going to put them down anymore, were going to re-interprete the same racism only re word in friendly to buy your vote : Then we'll exclude you or oppress you if we could hit the lottery and maybe tke office and gain controll of the government" We need you for an election and then we'll get back to promoting the white agenda! Im wite ,but I hear it and see it all around me in the work place and on social time. Cant hide GOP ignorance, its continuely being slapped in als face, unless youve got capital gains clout in the Caymen islands and are for the deterioration of the middle class, Right The right! Palin wow were all embarrased for you. bachman Duh ddddddduh duh, keep speaking , WE LOVE IT STUPID!

March 27, 2013 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kaitlin

You throw out a lot of Republican bashing rhetoric and make a point that you're white. Well, so am I and I recognize WHITE GUILT when I hear it. The words "tea party fascists" and "white agenda" are so self-loathing it must be awful to be you.

March 28, 2013 at 1:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Boss Higson

WHITE GUILT??!!!! Don't make me laugh. I swear I hope you are in high school because you have so much to learn. Most Tea Party or members "grass roots" Klan couldn't name the first 10 presidents, 10 most crucial amendments, and/or name all the 50 states without help. I've asked and they've proved em right. They have no sense of knowledge, just love to spew hatred such as yourself. Grow up and expand your horizon. You'll find out things aren't always as they seem

March 28, 2013 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Respocibility

OFF topic ( but You'll come here to dispute death and guns). WHAT ABOUT THE PERSONAL RESPOCIBILITY FOR ALL AMERICANS TO PAY FAIR SALES TAX ON INTERNET PURCHASES? the Mega machine corporate world produces the product at lightning speed, and throws it at us and gets there riche ( top 1%) but the jokes on us that we take and buy their product and bleed the tax income to the states and US economy to balance that budget the right push in our face while getting richer and pulling the strings. Boy were dumb! Problemsolver or Hippocrite.............. Speak Up Nation!

March 28, 2013 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Lor

I agree! If a suspected murderer is portraying a violent message, nuff said, proof is in the pudding. PIERS, you are wrong. They are killers, why are you defending them??? I can't even talk to you, you have problems.

March 28, 2013 at 12:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • boss higson

Proof is in the pudding? Your response speaks loudly of the ignorance that so many Americans possess. To state the Piers was bullying RZ reveals you're gross misunderstanding of the facts and RZ's perception. To compare Trayvon and these baby killers as being anything of the same oozes racism, self insecurity, and racial superiority. SHAME on YOU!! You need to explore the world and meet different people. Only then you will realize the beauty of diversity and the appreciation for different cultures.

March 28, 2013 at 12:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • rpm

Sounds like some personal responcibility is shinning a light on logic

March 28, 2013 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
      • kaitlin

Higson, you make the convenient argument that those who disagree with you don't know the facts or they are racist or just plain ignorant. SHAME on you. By the way, some of us are very well-educated and well-traveled and have extensively studied the Trayvon Martin case. Are you familiar with the reality of the Grievance Industry in this country? Do some research because its political and profitable and hides its real agenda.

March 28, 2013 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • AK

^^^^^^ You sound very ignorant!! If you have kids I hope you are not teaching them to be HATEFUL like you. SMH. Such an idiot

March 29, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Lor

And to put a victim in a place where they feel uneased because you want to trip up on words, shame on you! You are a bully!

March 28, 2013 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • free advise

HUN, thats what all prosecuters do to the guilty and the victims. Its what criminal defense atternys do to the victimized and the witness that step up ( though as is in our justice system we get corrupt witnesses0. Its the balance of the justice system we all agreed on. Smart people should run for office and help with new ideas. logical thinking. Do we take a huge look at our justice system and try to make suttle honest change. it would be nice with out lobbyist and special interest groups toxic agendas!

March 28, 2013 at 12:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Schmorgan

Piers...I'm disgusted that we share the same last name. You should leave the United States. You were definitely a bully. Shut your face and let him talk. You, Sir, are a biased TOSSER!!

March 28, 2013 at 12:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • rpm

Now thats the American way of late. dont agree with someones debates, resonces and answers you want to throw them out of the country. represent Schmorg

March 28, 2013 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Schmorgan

"Resonces and answers"...you're defending someone that invites someone on his show and he won't allow his guest to get a word in edgewise because he wants ratings...not the guests' thoughts or his explanation. And as far as Piers being in the states...does he even pay taxes? Is he a US citizen and he talks the way he does about Americans? I work with Brits...good people and their banter is epic!! Piers is just a bully and shouldn't be in the states. BTW...did you mean responses? (resonces)

March 28, 2013 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
      • kaitlin

Morgan doesn't debate, sir, he crusades. He also berates his guests and clearly thinks he's much smarter about our culture than we Yanks.

March 28, 2013 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
      • Schmorgan

Spot on, Kaitlin

March 28, 2013 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
      • Lou

Unfortunately Morgan does know more about our country than most of our natual born citizens. He is a condesending little git and some people like that. He knows exactly what he's talking about. If ever he quit bashing & bullying he might have something people want to hear.

March 28, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boss Higson

I agree. It's better then to be thought of as a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. I do believe RZ did take time to think about his tweet before he tweeted it so his apology is empty and without merit. It is true the zimmerman Klan have a perception that is common place in rural America. They are a Klan of bigots and pose no benefit to society. Piers Good Job in ripping RZ a new one and calling him out for his obvious bigotry.

March 28, 2013 at 1:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • kaitlin

Higson, you don't need to concern yourself with my education as I have taken care of that myself. In fact I have been on my own since the age of 18 and managed to get a graduate degree and do quite a few things I dreamed of doing along the way. Further I suspect I am older than you so your condescention makes me smile. The TEA party stands for TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY. Most people do believe they personally pay enough to a government that spends like there is no limit. However, if you don't think you pay enough feel free to write an additional check to the IRS.

March 28, 2013 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. Solomon B. Faris

Even if, lets say, most black men are criminals we know they are not inherently criminal. It is the context in which they were brought up. Any person with any color and race would have done the same if she/he was brought up in that situation. What we need to accuse is who created that situation? Who creates and sustains the system that most young black remain uneducated, unparented, unsupported, unemployed and, therefore, unbridled?

March 28, 2013 at 12:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Boss Higson

NO RACE is inherently criminal. Did RZ speak about the mass shooting that are usually performed by adolescent white males. Should we use all white males as a scapegoat for the slaughter of countless innocent children that's only fault was going to school or a movie theater. I swear middle America's racist mentality is holding back the progression for these United States.

March 28, 2013 at 12:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Al_in_DE

Higson – as far as I can tell sir, you are the biggest racist on here. Take a look at the crime stats – whilst I agree there are issues in how they are collected they still speak for themselves rergarding the disproportionate impact of race on violent crime in the USA. But the popular media (and Morgan is just a strident bully who makes an easy target on this but the general trend is still there) tends to ignore the deeper issues because it is both difficult and politically incorrect to actually examine facts over rhetoric. There is a problem with violent crime in the USA; and ignoring majlr factors because they are unpalatable is not going to help us towards a solution., Your rhetoric is contributing to the problem – not the solution.

March 28, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
      • joe schmoe

when a black person commits a crime then it's all blacks or "blacks". (entire race categorized with that individual).
        when a white person commits a crime then they must be mentally ill and needs counseling.
        The black race gets labeled as prone to violence while the white mass murderers and criminals are excused as an anomaly.
        Imagine if blacks had the same sentiment towards whites that the racist whites have towards blacks?

April 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kaitlin

Answer: Black men who father them and the girls who have babies with these men who think fatherhood is about sperm.

March 28, 2013 at 12:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Boss Higson

Your grammar is atrocious!! Please before you insinuate anything negative about a whole race, be sure you are being the best person you can be. You obviously have deep seeded issues you have yet to resolve. Incorporating someone who has a scintilla of education in your social circle might give you a sense of empowerment. Otherwise, you will continue to remain a poor soul with limited ability to benefit others

March 28, 2013 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Terry

I find your comments regarding the supposed way that it is someone else's fault that all male African-Americans are somehow Being left behind by some sort of system. I am African American and grew up on the East Coast in the projects without a father figure and still managed to go to school and graduate, grade 12. Even though I was constantly harassed by the rest of my allegedly peer group for doing so and always encourage to try to make a fast buck and drop out of school or quit sports! I had to watch where I walked and when I did every day to get to and from school, etc. so as not to put up with the wrath of these lazy lowlifes! All you have to do is get off your butt go to school, graduate, and then try to find your way in life. It took me two years to find money to go to postsecondary education and I do work basically full-time in order to complete my education. There are thousands if not millions of African-Americans who have made their way out of the inner city life because they wanted to do it. Everybody has a equal chance if you want to take it even though it may be harder than what a white kid might have to go through. You have to quit blaming everyone else and the system or the way you perceive the life that you have! There will be racism forever, unfortunately, but it works both ways! Some of us are prejudiced against the whites and other races and I have faced my share of this, I don't have to like it but unfortunately there will always be there to some extent. People like you and Piers that continue to harp about that keep sending us back. There are other ways to deal with this racism problem but yelling and screaming just makes people tune out, and the flames just get hot over again and we never move forward.

March 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. paula

I liked your show at first but u are turning into a big BULLY! u won"t even let your guests get a word in u just keep talking.
    would u let Travon keep beating you head on the pavement?

March 28, 2013 at 12:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Paula

Someone needs to beat your head with a book to educate you

March 28, 2013 at 12:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • rpm

respond with violence paula. How about words and a serious debate and issue? you sound weak!

March 28, 2013 at 12:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • paula

REALLY!! how long would u let someone beat your head on the pavement? It looks like George took quite a beating before he took action. I don't think he had time to negotiate. WOW really what would u have done in the same situation? Sad anyone had to die.

March 28, 2013 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
      • paula

Who turned it into a racial situation? It was two human beings who got in a terrible situation.

March 28, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • reality first

He shouldn't have been there to have his head beat on the sidewalk....he was told to stay in his car and not pursue him. It would not have happened if Zimmerman just did what he was told....Guilty.

March 29, 2013 at 4:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Roger Fenwick

What are you going to do when George gets found not guilty? Trayvon's true character will come out during the trial.

March 28, 2013 at 12:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • mr.stewart

Mr. Fenwick here is a fact, the 911 operator told Zimmerman to stay in his car and do not do anything the police are in route if he does that simple thing he doesn't get beat up by a teen who does not know who he is because he comes up from behind him in the dark and he is obviously not a police officer so it does not matter if trevon was a gang banger or a young man spreading the gospel if the 30 yr old white male who has a problem with following directions and has a problem with understanding that he is not law enforcement if he does those 2 things the young man is living his life, Zimmerman is not in jail, and idiots like you would get a life!!!!!! Those are the facts sir!!!!!

March 28, 2013 at 11:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. rpm

How about one person on this topic give a smart responce to the evil in our kids generation, and some ideas to help. Some facts of personal responcibilty to state, and shine the light on of our blind ignorance. Oh, its everyone elses problem or fault, I didnt make any mistakes in the present generation of youtrh of American. Step Up! Open your eyes, and quit blaming everyone else. I take full responcibility. I dont care how much I work, Im not letting my teen daughters out of my sight, mind, and controll. be smarter then them. there all making bad choices right now under all our noses. Go the extra mile and dont blame everyone else. Hands on parenting..... Speak up parents!!!!!!!

March 28, 2013 at 12:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. drumndav

As a resident of central Florida I must say that I agree with Mr. Zimmerman's statement that Trayvon is not potrayed as he was when the incident took place. We only see pictures of him when he was 13 or 14. I'm not a racist but I and everybody I know has thought, and said the same thing... why havent we seen pictures of the 17yo Trayvon that was taller and heavier then George. Trayvon was far from the small child we see in all the pictures. I'm not saying Mr. Zimmerman was right in his comparison that he wrote in his tweet, but he is correct that everybody lept to this 'he's guilty' refering to his brother Geroge. Ask yourself, had that incident went down the opposit way would we be having this heated of a discussion? Would everyone have lept to the conclusion that Trayvon was just another teenage thug? Piers you interupt your guests a little to much anymore, thank you for at least at the end of the interview letting Mr Zimmerman speak with being interupted.

March 28, 2013 at 12:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • joe schmoe

there are recent pics of TM. You Zimbots just don't want to see them. It does not change anything or paint TM in any different light. what will that do for you?
      The autopsy stated TM's height and weight. He was not heavier than GZ. TM was a skinny kid. being tall is less of an advantage as being heavier. Plus, TM was 5'11" maybe an inch taller than GZ.
      GZ WAS MORE THAN 50 LBS HEAVIER THAN TM.

April 4, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Magi

I would not be so hard as to say this fellow is racist. If someone decides to portray themselves on a social media site in a negative way that is the person's fault. Not the fault of those who are interpreting the person’s actions. I think he made a very important point. Remember, there are always two sides to every story. I would have liked to hear his explanation in detail. Suppressing evidence is not good a good thing.

March 28, 2013 at 12:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • d

You will never hear a guests' explanation on Piers' show. You will never hear two sides of the story.

You will hear Piers' explanation; Piers' opinion, and Piers' side of the story.

March 28, 2013 at 10:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. kaitlin

Higson, that's the best you've got? I'm ignorant and should be ashamed of myself? That old ruse of an argument has been done to death!

March 28, 2013 at 1:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • boss higson

No it's not the best but it's the truth Your words speak for themselves. race is an artificial construct but I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about

March 28, 2013 at 1:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Rick Osborn

Piers, you really blew it on your segment tonight regarding "White House Tours". Look at all the different programs affected by the Sequestration.........Head Start, Child Nutrition Programs, Food Stamps, Border Patrol, Pell Grants...I could go on and on. Why do the conservatives (i.e. Ben Ferguson who I personally think is an poorly educated idiot) only "feel pain" over White House Tours? Why do they not fell any "Pain" on any of the other mandated cuts. Maybe because they are trying to take the focus away from the really painful cuts? Ya Think? Perhaps Obama is making a political statement here but he is a politician last time a checked. The Conservatives make a bigger political statement by the "Pains" they won't discuss. A mother not being able to fully feed her young children is "Pain", missing a White House Tour is a minor thing. I would also research your repeated comments on the cost of $74,000 week, my research shows it is much higher. And would it be a terrible thing if Obama was redirecting $74,000 from White House Tours to Child Nutrition Programs? Think Not. Think Piers!

March 28, 2013 at 1:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. DAN LEWIS

SHAME on Piers Morgan for his terribly unprofessional behavior during the interview with ROBERT ZIMMERMAN.
    MR. Zimmerman was open, honest and direct. Piers appeared to delight in speaking while Zimmerman was talking.
    I would FIRE Piers Morgan for this and for several other terrible shows. Piers simply needs to grow up a bit more.
    Maybe someday Piers Morgan will be a name we can trust; it certainly IS NOT that now. Grow up, Piers!

March 28, 2013 at 7:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Virgil Wyatt Smith Sr.

This Robert Zimmerman person is truly a racist. The kind who thinks they are superior. Who thinks they need to police black people, and actually think that all whites believe the same as they do. If you ask the conservative whites, They think there is nothing wrong with this man. As in the sixties families like these are dangerouse..!

March 28, 2013 at 9:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. d

Piers, SHUT UP!! You have interesting guests but you never let them talk! Whenever I watch your show, I get very frustrated because you constantly interrupt and just give your opinion.

Is Larry King still available? CNN, please bring him back. Larry King knew how to listen to his guests and let them speak – whether he agreed with them or not.

I would've been interested to hear why Robert Zimmerman chose to send this tweet – but no, all we heard was Pier's opinion on everything. Zimmerman continued to say things like, "I'm trying to answer the question – you keep interrupting – if you would let me tell you......"

Piers, there's no reason for you to have guests on your show. Why don't you just look into the camera and scream your opinions at us for an hour – oh wait, that's what you do now.

March 28, 2013 at 10:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. potvin99

Shut up you limey pr*ck!

March 28, 2013 at 11:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Terry

Piers, you have finally shown your complete ignorance and arrogance beyond anything anyone could ever imagine! You label the whole Zimmerman family as racists, just because the brother sent out a tweet. Using that same logic apparently your family are a bunch of self-serving, ignorant bullies, who when they don't get their way, just dismiss anyone who does not agree with you! I hope for your sake that your sons learn from people around them that the world is bigger than just their fathers puny mind otherwise they are in big trouble! If they don't learn the proper way to deal with those that don't agree with them and become you, they may find themselves murdering somebody in a fit of rage that you project every night on one of your guests or the general American public. Worse yet, they might run into someone who will not stand for their antics and get blown away! You may as well pack your bags and leave our country now is all you're doing is making yourself and your family a very large target! Please, CNN, find somebody that is a real journalist to host this spot as you have become the laughing stock of talk television.

March 28, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Homer and Jethro

"You may as well pack your bags and leave our country now is all you're doing is making yourself and your family a very large target!" Gee Terry, that's a credible threat from you. How do you plan to kill Piers Morgan? Do you own a gun? Is it in your bunker?

March 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Cathy

Why are people and the media, not outraged about the inequality of congressmen and senators having different "rights" "benefits" when it comes to social security, retirement and healthcare as the majority of working Americans? Why is reform not demanded by the American people?

March 28, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Bells

Most of these comments on this site are truly disgusting. A person was preyed upon and then murdered. Simple solution. For the brother of George Zimmerman to compare two people who only shares an ethnic relation is outright racist. Comparing two people because they make gestures in a camera is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Would you compare George Washington with the mysterious Mona Lisa because of thier lack of smile and demeanor? What about pictures when Trayvon was shown smiling, we can compare that to a kid at Great Adventures. Basically putting these pictures up side by side was clearly wrong. Blatant racism yes. But the heart of the topic that most people trolling on this site fail to realize is that a murder was committed on a teen by a 30 year old adult. An adult made a decision to prey on a teen. Trayvon Martin did not seek George Zimmerman, it was vice versa. At this point it does not matter the background of the victim. His background played no part in George Z actions but rather the color of his skin.

March 28, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lou

Bells, Attorney at Law! I've met many people like you Bells; you write as if you're privvy to private information from all those who saw this situation occur and escalate into the tragedy it has become. YOU DON"T KNOW JACK! He chose to prey on a teen. Keep researching the story and come back with something other than your ridiculous speculation.

Have a nice day!

March 28, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Bells

Hey Lou! None of the info I posted above has anything to do with privy information nor did i allege so. The above were all based off my opinion. Where do see any indication to privy information? George Z was a 30 year old male at the time? Check. Trayvon M was a teen? Check? George Zimmerman brother posted pictures of a person who commited a crime and person who was murdered? Check. These are fact! I concluded the actions of the Zimmerman brother was racist as did other folks posted above. So where is the privy information you speak of? My opinion just like yours count. YOU DONT KNOW JACK! is your comeback? Grow up and welcome to an intelligent conversation. I don't think I even noticed an opinion on here by you. Rather than just trolling and looking to combat, have an intelligent conversation. We can converse like idiots or like grown adults with individual thoughts. Sorry we all cant be like you and just bash!!!

March 28, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Homer and Jethro

If Trayvon had turned out to be what Zim prejudged him as, a passing thug looking for a crime to commit, then it would have been just fine. In reality, he was the neighbor's kid going home, and now he's dead. Sorry, Zim, you killed a kid for nothing. Pay the piper.

March 29, 2013 at 10:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. ceg10

So Lou, is it the one sided story of Zimmerman is what you believe??? When your son goes to the story and ends up dead because someone thinks of speculation and KILLS THEM, IT'S WRONG! THAT IS MURDER, AND CAN BE ARGUED THAT HE PLANNED TO KILL TRAVON ANYWAY. Otherwise, why did he touch Travon first,? He had no right to put a hand on him to stop him or get his attention. I call it murder in the First Degree! Travon fighting for his life could have been kicking Zimmerman's a$$, it did not matter... Because Zimmerman the stranger approached him! Zimmerman is at fault eventhough his butt was handed to him. So now Zimmerman shoots and kills Travon because he reversed the tables on him (Zimmerman)? That's murder, in the first degree! Had Travon had a gun it would have been different but Zimmerman shot and unarmed innocent teenager who was originally minding his business walking home from the store. George Zimmerman is Guilty!

March 28, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • paula

What u meant I am sure is innocent until proven quilty

March 28, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Homer and Jethro

This tweet is proof of his racist intentions. He's convicted himself pretty neatly anyway, and this will be the prosecution's cherry on top.

March 29, 2013 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  23. IvanLibya

You walk like a duck, you talk like a duck, guess what, you're going to be shot and killed like a duck. Stop trying to be all "hard" and gangster and maybe you'll live to be an adult.

March 28, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Mike

Piers,
    I have been an avid listner of your show and have totally supported your stance on Gun Control. My wife would comment when you had guests on that you would rarely let them speak and when they did you would cut them off on a constant basis. I agreeded with her but your position and guts on gun control far outweighed her comments. In the last two (2) weeks i have been appalled at your conduct. You had a guest a few days ago who supported Joe Peterno and you did nothing but bully him. He seemed very logicigal when you allowed him to talk and your comments were not even appropriate given his remarks. I would have liked to listen to the entire discussion but unfortunately you muscled him until the time ran out. Last night Robert Zimmerman received the same treatment from you. He tried very hard to get a word in but again you would not allow any real discussion about the subject matter. Your show is turning into one rant after another. You bring on controviseral guests then you begin your rant. Where are the journalist whose job it is to get the facts, all the facts before they draw a conclusion. Is there any objectivity on your show any more? I think the time has come for you to consider your style or I dare to say your days on television may be numbered.

March 28, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • JusticeAngel

I agree with Mike. Piers show is getting out of hand. I would of liked to hear the whole story. Regardless of color when you have children throwing up gang signs you are considered a gang member. Zimmermans point was that the media went with a pick of Travon when he was like 13 years old portraying him as if he was a little kid. I was not there none of you were so there for the only ones that know what really happened. " Travon, Zimmerman and God" Is it sad yes it is I don't judge but when you have pieces of crap shooting 1 year old between the eyes that garbage needs to be disposed of. Today's youth are out of control and when you have adults defending this trash they need to be disposed of to. I am not racist never have been and never will be. At the same time I'm tired of hearing the whities did us wrong if people knew about history they would know that the Black people started selling their people into slavery Not whitie. The whole point is that a Baby has been Murdered and there is practically NO Media Attention why because it was two black teens that killed a white baby. I bet if it was two white teens killed a white baby it would be all over the media. I am so tired of hearing racist racist we are all one race Human.

March 29, 2013 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. BAM

The picture doesn't lie. He was not forced to place that photo on social media...I think it shows his heart!

March 28, 2013 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. freedomamendment

They're both black kids making gestures with their hands. One of them has been charged with a violent crime. Since they are both black, the other one must be guilty too.

In don't understand why this is racist. It follows from basic logic.

/sarc

March 29, 2013 at 3:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Homer and Jethro

Zim went out to shoot a black kid, and no amount of posturing and big talk can change that. The difference in the two pictures, of course, is that one is a murderer and one a murder victim. Can't we just try this clown, convict him, and put him away? Do we have to listen to him gibing at his victim's family like a ghoul?

March 29, 2013 at 10:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. worldcares

You did good, Piers. It will all come out in court,

March 30, 2013 at 2:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. oneluvsurfer

Robert has nothing to apologize for. The liberal media is a joke in how portray their agendas which was his main point. As far as black people, look at the statistical majority of who commits the majority of hanis crimes. And for that, who shoots a baby to force someone in a robbery??? I'm so sick of the glorified thugs and the communities not doing a thing about it. Just sitting back and saying "I ain't no snitch"..

April 2, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. joe schmoe

here we go again.
    "as far as black people..."
    How come only the black race have one conscoiusness? only one trait and thought process permeates the entire black race.
    ask racist whites. They'll tell you that "all black people...".
    then they will follow it with "i'm not racist".

April 4, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Personal Training Long Island

I thought about not commenting on this topic but then i said OK why not. Listen we need to learn from this entire case. We need to
    stop this back and forth and learn, educate our youth.

The saddest thing about this whole case is all Treyvon had to do was call 911. He would have been routed to the same call center as
    Zimmerman and the police would have squashed it.

I will be teaching my kids that the police are your friends, especially when you are doing nothing wrong.
    Zimmerman you’re a fool!