Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Bill Iffrig, subject of iconic "Boston Globe" photo:  "The shock waves hit my whole body...my legs just started jittering around...I knew I was going down"
April 15th, 2013

Bill Iffrig, subject of iconic "Boston Globe" photo: "The shock waves hit my whole body...my legs just started jittering around...I knew I was going down"

Update: Since the conducting of this interview, "Sports Illustrated" has selected Tlumack's photo – featuring a fallen Iffrig – as the cover for it's upcoming issue.

As a tragic bombing in Boston leaves three people dead – including an eight-year-old boy – and more than 100 injured, on Monday "Piers Morgan Live" invited a collection of eyewitnesses and experts to share their individual insights and context.

As hundred of runners approached the finish line of the world famous Boston Marathon, a deafening explosion sent the event, and the day, into chaos.

In position to capture his traditional celebratory photos, John Tlumacki instead snapped an image that conveys an entirely different emotion:

Joining Piers Morgan, the "Boston Globe" photographer described the circumstances that lead to his picture:

"I was focused on a couple children coming over the finish line. And then the blast occurred, and everybody was just screaming," he explained.

"That runner who you're describing fell in front of me and then the Boston police officers that were near him started drawing their guns. It was just a panic on people's faces."

The gentleman to whom Tlumacki refers is Bill Iffrig, a 78-year-old veteran of 45 marathons. He too talked live with the host, explaining the course of events from his perspective:

"I got down to within 15 feet of the finishing apron and just tremendous explosion, sounded like a bomb went off right next to me," said the man from Lake Stevens, Wash. "The shock waves just hit my whole body and my legs just started jittering around. I knew I was going down and so I ended up down on the blacktop."

Watch the clip, and listen further, as Tlumacki describes some of the specific injuries he witnessed first-hand, going so far as to refer to it as "carnage."
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. Martrese

It was seeing Bill go down in the video that had me most upset about this. My 65-year-old father is a marathon runner, as are my brother and me. We know the feeling of being 15 feet from the end of 26.2. I so hoped Bill was OK.

April 15, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm

I hope so too, God Bless1

April 15, 2013 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • shepherdgregory

II'm clearing the tables away,bottles under the bar,and ducking down just below the eyes.

Go get 'im,sm...

April 15, 2013 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • JTH

Bill was fine. He got up from the street and walked 6 blocks to his hotel. He then later appeared on CNN for an interview.

April 16, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Bob M

The real question is: did he finish?

April 16, 2013 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • KH

As soon this tragedy was aired to the pulblic – before we knew 3 people died – the first footage we see is a blast and a marathon runner falling. I was also worried about this gentlemen (now known as Bill). I pray for the families of the 3 that left us yesterday and those that are still in the hospital. I am personally thankful to hear that the runner we all saw fall is alright. My heart is still very heavy.......I hope to hell we find out who did this and give them the justice they deserve.

April 16, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • shepherdgregory

I hear you,KH:I wonder if we have another McVeigh out there,a renegade,def'ly a dirty bomb:ballbearings,nails,etc.inside.

Tense time in London:Margaret Thatcher funeral tomorrow,and Marathon Sunday.

April 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
      • mkat2

We know who they are...... they are the sons of Satan regardless of nationality.

April 16, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
      • may40

Hate to disappoint you shepherdgregory but they are reporting (certainly not on this liberal site) that the technique used was found in an Al Qaeda magazine. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/16/al-qaeda-magazine-pressure-cooker-bomb-directions/2088109/

You must be shocked and horrified?

April 16, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
      • Retired Army Officer

May40....... the magic quote is:
        "similar to those believed the source of two explosions in Boston on Monday were published two years ago in Inspire".

This means that this link is available to pretty much every person in this country with a computer for the past two years. He11......even YOU had the ability to make and plant these bombs.

My point? Nothing in that USAToday story and nothing you have posted discounts the possibility of a 'home-grown', McVeigh type killer being responsible.

April 16, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oscar

3 people died and ur most upset at a runner who fell down becuase near the finish line because he and you share a commonality of running marathons?

April 16, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rick Reber

Bill was my scoutmaster and neighbor when I was growing up...He is/was a very kind , giving man and I am so glad he is still alive and kicking...way to go Bill...R L Reber

April 16, 2013 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DJ

Will run with my sister, Martrese, any day of the week. Nice work as always!

April 16, 2013 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Leila Clark

My mom, who died 2 years ago, was a marathoner from age 70 until age 81 and I just teared up when I saw this awful incident on the afternoon news. My condolences to the families who lost their loved ones, to those so terribly injured and anyone who witnessed this. "All we are asking is give peace a chance."

April 15, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

Nice to hear from you,Leila,your mom sounds amazing starting marathons that late in life,good for her.

April 15, 2013 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ed

Peace never happens by chance. Only when evil is made to pay a price it can't afford – then and only then does peace come about.

April 16, 2013 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • James

Ed, that is one of the saddest comments of the day. Really? Peace can only come by making evil pay a high enough price? Good luck with that approach! It hasn't worked in our relationships with with the Middle East and elsewhere around the world, and it does not work within our own borders. "Getting a bigger hammer" will never bring peace.

April 16, 2013 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. donnaherold

Why is no one paying attention to the apparent Facebook account that was set up 2 days ago indicating thoughts and prayers to the families of the Boston Explosions? What's wrong with your journalism? Can you not validate the site! At least get the police or FBI to look at it? This is nuts!
    Btw my twitter handle is @Donnajcherold n I sent the photo of the Facebook page to AC so did Dispatchdemon. I don't understand this! Someone check into it n let us now!
    Tank you!

April 16, 2013 at 12:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • mwave

Silly. Are you also saying this is a conspiracy?

April 16, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • donnaherold

Thanks for all the riveting comments! No not sure of anything! That was the reason for posting. I was notified and it's been passed on to someone much more qualified and concerned with this than any of you. Evidently there are officials who do think this is worth looking at closer. Remember the comment about nothing being to small or irrelevant. Ya that comment.
        Sorry for the inconvenience of you who have replied and not forced to read it, but chose to.
        Not going to justify anything to any of you. You can go away now. It's done!

April 16, 2013 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fur Ball

Speaking of nuts. Would you please not jam up the airwaves with your drivel?

April 16, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DC1973

Do you know that it takes about 45 seconds to change an existing Facebook page's name?

Well, now you do.

April 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • mwave

Did you know that one of the Sandy Hook Truther claims was that there was a pre-existing FB page? That these kids of things feed mistruth is obvious, it's a distraction, that's all. Just hoping you aren't here to push that agenda. Thx.

April 16, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • donnaherold

Im most definitely not trying to distract from the agenda! And frankly, by suggesting this, is offensive! Im also aware a site name can be change in seconds! The difference between the two sites is this site link was removed aprox 2 hours after the bombs went off. I merely felt it was important to bring it to someone's attention, as the FBI have said, nothing is to small or insignificant!
        My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this horrific act. We had friends running in that marathon, so please don't assume my intent is anything more than turning over something I found to be disturbing!
        I've been contacted, it's been handled. I'm done, now kindly leave me alone!
        Thank you!

April 16, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • mwave

Ok, thanks. Just asking because that's the kind of thing we don't need. I hope you see that as a fair question. I appreciate your response.

April 16, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • rick

Donna, Bwahahahahahaha... Because you READ it somewhere.. right... ???

April 16, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • diana horton

@rick. i think everyone should be able to comment with out having someone to make fun of them or put them down.
        donna has a right to express her thoughts. this was a awful thing that happened in boston. however i see you are not the only one on here and all should stop the b.s.

April 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • guest

I can't confirm this but I was told a fb group with under 200 likes can change their name.

April 16, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jackie d

in response to the discussion of the "facebook page" created a few days before the event took place...you can create a page and change the name of it, therefore making it look like it was created a few days before the incident took place. same thing happened with the sandy hook massacre. damn conspiracy theories.

April 16, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sam

Because people are getting sick and tired of this Facebook nonsense.

April 16, 2013 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nichael McCurdy

She gotta stop reading those emails. And what's up with all the !!!!!!!!! ?

April 16, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Mike

Bill is a great man, I know him personally, he was a cross country coach at my High School. i am glad he is ok, but my heart goes out to those who cannot say the same

April 16, 2013 at 2:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Veikko

In the end it does not matter if the person or people who did this were pro-gun or anti-gun, pro-abortion or anti-abortion, pro-feminist or anti-feminist, pro-this or anti-that. It does not matter what they did try to achieve with their act if anything. The way they chose to proceed their cause was not acceptable. As an organized society we have ways to deal with unacceptable behavior and we should stick to them. At the same time we should support the victims in any ways needed and refuse to be terrorized.

April 16, 2013 at 3:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. CJD1965

I'm so proud of this guy. 78 and still running and in great physical shape. I feel bad for him that the memory of such a great day has been tarnished for him by this explosion.

April 16, 2013 at 7:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. louis

security national first. Maybe north korea terrorist here. BE CAREFUL.

April 16, 2013 at 10:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Steve in mo

Scary thought about that, or even Al-Qaeda, means they've found a way to communicate and plan without detection. And worst of all would be NK sleeper cells going unnoticed.

Still, way to early to speculate about anything. Could just as easily be an American extremist act, like a white supremacist group or lone wolf, or OWS affiliation, or who knows? Too early to tell.

April 16, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Michael

There may be some thugs involved in OWS, but actual terrorist attacks would be more in line with the Tea Party. They're constantly threatening secession/civil war/revolution whenever elections don't go the way that they would like.

April 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
      • sm

Yep! The far Right " TEA TARTY" is Seperatists and anti – American!!!! Hey Sarah!

April 21, 2013 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jason B

Michael, prove that. Who involved? How do you know? You don't know, it could be ANYONE. But typical kneejerk liberal reaction, blame the Tea Party that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about beyond the CNN, MSNBC, Huffpo, NYT LIES! I'm not willing to concede it wasn't someone involved with them, but not going to single anyone out without proof. But nobody with the Tea Party has ever called for anything more than peaceful assembly; OTOH – proof has repeatedly shown OWS affiliates more than willing to destroy; in fact many want open revolution, just like the French Revolution, some even posting that here on other threads.

It's just too early to tell or say anything.

April 16, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
      • sm

Yep Jason the Tea Party have been calling the rest of America losers and not worthy of living for more than four years! Rush Blabbermouth " I never abused pain pills", Sarah "im an Idiot", Hannity ' Lame Duck Whinner", and Bill " lets just calm down and avoid the Poor, their worthless" O'Whiley! The majorityOne Though!!! Ha!

April 21, 2013 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • JTH

@Michael That is ridiculous. I seem to remember all kinds of whining and crying when John Kerry lost.

April 16, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. rob-in-austin

This guy is one tough bird but I got to say I feel bad how he has been propped up in front of camera after camera when he has to be feeling some post traumatic stress despite what he says. We should be getting this cared for, not parading him around television. In the few interviews I heard, some last night, he was obviously still dazed, he said this morning that his ears still aren't right. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to do, hopefully he is also being cared for right now as well.

April 16, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. DS

I'm sorry that this 78 year old guy got blown off his feet towards the end of the finish yesterday. Someone helped him to his up and he crossed the finish line but I am getting tired of seeing his face plastered all over the news. He is okay. How about the names and stories of some of the victims?

April 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ike

Despite not being seriously inured, he was still a victim. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people who watched that video when I say I'm glad there are stories about him. I wanted to know he was alright. That doesn't take away from my caring about others who were injured or killed.

April 16, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. jp

you guys can talkk politics and argue all day but woever did this is obviously sick, and i doubt it was an american. what i would like to know is how they planted bombs that big and no one noticed at all? and they said people have been threatening to bomb the race to begin with, wheres the security? Do people not notice anything? when they were going to bomb times square someone saw this guy was acting mad sus so they reported it. i just want to know how they got bombs that big so close to the marathon with no one saying anything

April 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • JTH

They are saying that the bombs were in a 6 liter pressure cooker. Do a Google image search for one. You will see it's not that big. They were placed in a duffel bag. Can you imagine the volume of duffel bags at a race with 27,000 registrations and likely double or triple as spectators? Securing an event like this is not possible.

April 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. American

The blogging on here is borderline amusing. SM is illiterate, and it has turned into a pro-this or that discussion.

People we live on a planet that is larger than the US. Speculation clouds our thoughts and the clarity of facts. Wait and see what is revealed. If it was outside terror, they will reveal when they are done to claim their glory. If it's home grown terror regardless of organization or belonging they may not be finished and can easily assume the sleeper posture, leaving the ability to do more damage laying in wait for their next target.

Prayers to the families affected and for our Nation to heal. Together we stand, Divided we fall.

April 16, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Steve in mo

Well said. :)

April 16, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • sm

Illeterate, stop it! I'll go toe to toe with you or anybody on any subject. I'll get to your true personality and see if your a taker, giver, or useless!

April 16, 2013 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
      • Steve in mo

Forget it sm, I'm done with you...reprobate minded fool

April 16, 2013 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
      • sm

Thanks man! I'll be talking too you soon

April 21, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • sm

Come on mr. literate. lets get down and dirty in some issues and see who you really are! Speak!

April 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • shepherdoosiehowser

I don't think you're illiterate,SM–you're the best contributor on here–you just haven't been whipped enough,but Mildred has
        The Rod Of Correction as we speak(and some refreshment),so if you'll just take up the position–Mildred,this might hurt me...

April 17, 2013 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • ceetee204

" Together we stand, Divided we fall."
      My questions are;where do the citizens of America stand on this issue?Was this real or a false flag event?What are the ramifications of this event?
      I ask because from the outside looking in,it seems everybody is still not 100% in concert.
      And now your words have an ominous tone to them.Together we stand,Divided we fall...indeed.

June 18, 2013 at 3:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. screwthem

lets just kill every single one of tghem freaks...why dont they get in army fatugues and take on our marines??,,,yea i thought so u cowards...

April 16, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • x1plus1x

Who exactly do you mean by "tghem freaks"?

April 16, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Curtis

Why does a tragedy like this bring out the worst in some people. Like 9/11, conspiracy theorists are working overtime to come up with a story that fits their twisted views. The left and right are at each others throats blaming the other side for what happened. Let's stop reading between the lines and wait until the facts come out.

April 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Just the Truth

Until this nation turns back to God, this will continue to happen.

April 16, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • x1plus1x

How can you possibly know this to be true???

Furthermore, why would you worship a god that kills children?

April 16, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • aconventgirl

JusttheTruth......spare us your nonsense!

April 16, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Derek

Just The Truth is just trolling.

April 16, 2013 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Misha

This photograph perfectly captures a terrorizing moment of shock and then immediate response. Amazing.

April 16, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. david

did u guys see the women cop from the left site when the second bomb when off she run run away back word she wasn't going to help ,,what a shame

April 16, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ike

Oh, I'm totally sure that's what happened. Were you there watching her? Don't be a dick.

April 16, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Steve in mo

So what? Everyone, regardless of their job or responsibility and even training, occasionally fails and lets themselves be overcome by their weakness. Only thing that mattered is if she stayed and helped, and I'm guessing she did. She deserves forgiveness for momentary weakness.

April 16, 2013 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. steve

all the sickening pacifist lib comments make me sick
    never would defend this country no matter what

April 16, 2013 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • daniel

Nothing more disgusting than the right-wing ghouls taking advantage of this tragedy to belittle "libs" and further divide our country.

April 16, 2013 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Emmi

I hope this man will be okay. My prayers are with the others, who were hurt and killed.

April 16, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Judy

After repeatedly seeing the clip of the man falling, I am really glad to see this interview and know he is ok. It was terribly disturbing that the news media (all of them) kept playing this one scene. We are praying for Martin Richard's family – especially his dad.

April 16, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. D. Swanson

It all boils down to this.... someone holds no respect for the dignity of life. Someone has no value for life. That person is filled with hate, and not with love. We don't care what color he/she is, what religion he/she is, what nationality he/she is. He/she is our brother/sister in this world, and has done a heinous and awful thing. We all hurt and grieve this action. Let's not escalate it to something other than just that.

April 16, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. RunnerZ

What an attention hog!!! Him and his UGLY Orange tank top have GOTTA GO!

April 16, 2013 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. shepherdorkagorytea&grumpets

six of the best for SM!!!!!!

April 17, 2013 at 7:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Melissa H

One of the first things I noticed (& have waited to hear about) when I saw the video that shows Bill falling, is that he appears to deflect or catch a white object/projectile with his left hand. He actually reached out to the left,with his palm out. I cannot get that out of my mind...Is it something relevant to what happened? I honestly thought that his hand would have been seriously injure ...or worse.

April 17, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. ceetee204

Here's a couple of small factoids either accidentally or on purpose,that have not been explored.Time of the initial blast/explosion was 2:49 E.D.T. and this reflected on the marathon clock as 4:09:43.Bill G. Iffrig is credited (through the official B.A.A. website ( http://raceday.baa.org/top-finishers.html ) as having finished the race with a time of 4:03:47.How could he have finished the race before the blast?Not only that,how about the Boston Globe coverage of the event.They show a man crossing the line a moment before the blast,he is identified through his bib number (19793) and using the official website again,we see that he finished with an official time of 4:08:27.What the heck??Please piers, make some sense of this.Thanks.

June 18, 2013 at 2:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Rose Feldker

Rattling nice pattern and fantastic content material, nothing at all else we need :D.

August 20, 2013 at 10:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. http://www.smedjanekonomi.se/editor1.asp?p=18

(A nurse who) obtained strangled certainly not described it towards the law enforcement, and we weren't allowed to make any on the general public conscious on the violence that we . come up versus mainly because then we could wind up in courtroom.
    http://www.smedjanekonomi.se/editor1.asp?p=18 http://www.smedjanekonomi.se/editor1.asp?p=18

November 25, 2013 at 4:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. In Home Personal Training Long Island

What a tragic weekend in the world, They stuck and event that people were attending to better themselves an event were people were running for causes. The people that were hurt were supporting the runners. The people they killed had nothing to do with the so called cause that drove
    them to kill. What a waste!
    One down one to go!

December 8, 2013 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. shepherdgregory

'...persise??!!!??'

Prez,c'mon!

(Mildred,bring the cane:sm is still intransigent,and requires immediate CORRECTION (like her bloody spelling,Mildred,most
    vexing but amusing (it's a bit like having to plough–none o' yer "ow"s here,lassie–through 'A Clockwork Orange')

April 15, 2013 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. John Seeburg

Again sm, what are you talking about???? You poor unstable person. I truly pity you and pray you are taken care of.

April 15, 2013 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Brian Thetford

so yeah....I see what you are trying to say there....but by your logic.....applied to this event...all pressure cookers, ball bearings, and scrap metal, need to be regulated, and registered? No guns, no ammo, nothing to do with gun control...so why waste the virtual space?

April 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Confused

I don't understand a word that you are saying. Not meant to be mean, or in anyway offensive, I just can't understand what this is about.

April 16, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. John Seeburg

Way off topic whoever you are. You should be ashamed of yourself, your anti-weapon and anti self-defense agenda has ABSOLUTELY NO place here.

I for one feel very bad for those who had to go through this attack this day, and I hope and pray they will be cared for and are as well as can be expected.

April 15, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. mb

TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE POST sm!!!!!!!

April 16, 2013 at 12:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. nameamg100

Are you an idiot? I mean seriously. Domestic or not, if it was a terrorist group then who cares if they were american or not and hanging them on live t.v. would only make more members of that group mad and would likely start more incidents. People like you are the reason this country is the mess that it is. Go crawl back in the hole that you came from.

April 16, 2013 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Kevin H

What if this isn't a terrorist group at all? What if this is a small, lone group of disaffected people who aren't actively engaged in anything more than hate and revenge. That's not terrorism, sadly, it's the other side of the human spirit, the evil side.

April 16, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. sm

Way on topic, the ignorance just keeps coming in Lying and do nothing people who could care less about the safety of our children and their future. every night they come out and whine about their right to play and not think about a true issue! Im hear to stay and i'll be heard!

April 15, 2013 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. John Seeburg

Heard maybe sm, freedom of speech is still allowed here, though CNN does like to censor.

But will you be understood??? Doubt it.

April 15, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. sm

Believe me i'll be understood , and if you keep coming back I'll slow down, open the issue wide popen and dissect it with you and get to the bottom of truethfulness and ignorance, and Laziness! we can talk!

April 16, 2013 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. John Seeburg

Fine, open it up and dissect it. That means you'll have to write intelligent and intelligible sentences and thoughts. I'm not convinced you're capable of that.

April 16, 2013 at 12:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. sm

Oh Im O.K John, Sain and vibraint! Help my community, hands on parenting ( Know ny kid's friends parents : Team work) You keep your word, take responcibility for your actions, and make a mistake : you face the music and learn ! Humble , friendly and respectful ( thats taught growing up, and earned by friends and community not taken or demande)

April 16, 2013 at 12:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  41. John Seeburg

Sain? You mean sane??? Nah, you're insane; I'm guessing you're part of the OWS crowd?

April 16, 2013 at 12:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  42. JTH

Seriously if you want to pretend to be educated and have a legitimate argument, please learn to spell and use words correctly. Sain = Sane, Vibraint = vibrant, presribe = prescribe, truethfulness = truthfullness.

April 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. sm

Oh John Im in my right mind and Nobdoy feel sorry for me! I take care of business in my own house and am not a Hippocrite like many on this sight who only care about their own likes > Iliterate johnny you dont want to go subject to subject with me, I pay attention Period!

April 16, 2013 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. sm

O.K lets see what you think when the Final Report comes out!!

April 16, 2013 at 12:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  45. mb

?? So... you're suggesting that the pro-gun people are behind this?

April 16, 2013 at 12:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Michael

@mb I wouldn't be surprised. McVeigh was a pro-gun, anti-government conservative.

April 16, 2013 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. JTH

Honestly, you sound crazy with these theories and generalizations.

April 16, 2013 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. mb

Seriously Michael?!? That's insane; no, it's down right delusional, about one of the worst conspiracy theories I've ever heard. No wonder those on the left make NO sense.

April 16, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Barada

You also misspelled "heard". I think you meant "herded"'

April 16, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. donnaherold

Seriously? I don't think anything you have to contribute is necessary! If anyone is taking away from the agenda of this horrific act yesterday, it's you!
    Clearly you are much more disturbed than anyone! Perhaps the Boston Herald should look into you more efficiently!
    Go away! I have real work to do! Say what you wish, I'm done! Enjoy talking to yourself! Authorities trump anything you may ave to say!
    Goodbye!

April 16, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Ironman14

Spoken like a true couch potatoe who sadly has no idea what it's like to run any distance let alone a marathon. Well maybe to the fridge. You clearly envy this gentlemans accomplishments and deep down are angry with jealousy.

April 16, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Stacy

What is wrong with you? Seriously. It bothered you that these people cared about this man? Get out from behind your computer and do something KIND.

April 16, 2013 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Rick

Bob – Spoken like a true worthless piece of human trash.

April 16, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. ike

Yeah, we were worried about him. You weren't? This man, on camera, was brought down by the blast. We can't also have compassion for victims who weren't seriously injured?

April 16, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. pmartin

Well Bob... a ground zero perspective is well within the "story zone" Oh wait, let's knell down and interview the lady who just had her legs amputated by a massive incendiary device! Don't worry, we'll edit out the screaming and cry's!

April 16, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. steve

you idiot
    so in your words we should just let these murderers go when caught?
    go away you pacifist puke

April 16, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. Jennifer

It upset him because it made him think it could have been his father you moron. It could have been his family, it's called EMPATHY you fool. How does extending care and kindness to one mean you care nothing for the rest? And how dare you use the death of someone elses child to shame someone on a blog. You are gross.

April 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Ironman14

Well said Jennifer!!
    Another angry, jealous couch potatoe who is envious of another receiving attention.

April 16, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. rick

Scarey – what is really scary is that you lack the ability to read an article and have your brain decipher the meaning.

April 16, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  60. ike

Get over yourself. People can't have compassion for a man, mere feet from the finish line, who was knocked over by a bomb blast? I'll second the sentiments that seeing this man go down in the video absolutely broke my heart. My heart was no less broken by reports of dead and wounded, but I saw him go down. I saw him go down.

April 16, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  61. Patiat

Just who do you think you are to tell someone else what to be upset about? Seriously, who do you think you are? Why don't you go try to mess up someone else's day? Go tell a kid he'll never be good enough to play an instrument, or to play little league or something...or better still, just keep your misery and will to control others' thoughts to yourself.

April 16, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  62. Becky

Why does there always have to be name calling? I agree with the young lady speaking, regarding thinking of her father. Obviously everyone is concerned for the dead, the little boy and all the injured. Apparently you would have run from the scene as you are not a nice person!

April 16, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  63. Kristen

I think you need to get your priorities straight for getting all riled up over someone showing empathy. Chill out.

April 16, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  64. sm

I know right! This guy wouldnt help anybody but himself in that situation too........ Lame duck!

April 21, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  65. Jason B

You might want to check your dictionary JTH. Sain does NOT equal sane – straight out of every dictionary. Two different words with completely different meanings. In fact, sain doesn't even fit the context or narrative of whatever SM was trying to say above.

April 16, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  66. shepherdgregory

It's no use,JTH!I've been telling her!I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING:canes,leather belts,nunchakas,cat-o'-nine-tails;but she is one of the most consistent,kind,non-vitriolic folks on here which half the time is a slanging match and/or certain people using Boston as the latest excuse to have an argument for the sake of it whereas I've got the IRA,7/7,and 2002 Tel Aviv bombings in my head.Love to Boston,Margaret Thatcher being buried as I type.

And the Marathon on Sunday...

April 17, 2013 at 7:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  67. wykd

You are a POS

April 16, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  68. Brian

Really? You're an idiot!

April 16, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. diana horton

@ironman14, i think you hit that one on the head. they are out there thats for sure. lol

April 16, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  70. sm

Ah! you know when guys dress all in black, have a pit bull, a truck or muscle car , its a mental insucurity in his manhood , and " LITTLE MEMBER" Ironman! What is that Lame Boy!

April 21, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  71. shepherdgregory

'Nobdoy??????!!!!!!!!!'

sm,you are the BEST!

(Heh,heh,heh...)

April 17, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  72. sm

Ahh! Yeah its Terrorism in any way you look at it no matter haw many are involved! Mass casualties , mass histeria, mass murder! and a Public Event pre–planned!

April 21, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply