Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

April 19th, 2013

David Green on his likely photo of "Suspect #2": "I took one picture, and that was the picture"

On a day which saw the FBI release photos and video of two men wanted in connection with a pair of deadly bombings at Monday's Boston Marathon, it was a single iPhone photo, discovered late Thursday evening, that may give authorities the biggest break in the case to date.

Shortly before Piers Morgan returned to the host's chair for the week's fourth live midnight episode, a picture taken by David Green emerged as the latest piece of evidence to be released to the public.

From his home in Florida, Green shared the backstory behind a very significant snapshot:

"I contacted the FBI," he told Morgan. "They immediately knew that they had something. I had given them everything that I had, and they told me that it looks like a very good picture."

Having just completed the marathon himself on Monday, Green ducked into a store to charge his mobile device. Moments later, he heard the bombs, and had time to snap one single photo.

"I took one picture, and that was the picture."

And it's this new photo that the FBI feels gives them the best image of a man they believe to be "Suspect number two."

"I know that the images that they released were the best quality that they had," said Green, before going on to explain some of the additional information his photograph has since provided.

"I know that the photo at least shows that the suspect has a number three on their baseball cap, not kind of an enhanced number seven. And it also, I think, shows he was not wearing the bag with the bomb post explosion."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, then tune in tomorrow evening at 9 as Green joins Piers Morgan live to add further insight into a photograph which may help to break open the case of the Boston bombings.

Anyone with information should call the bureau's toll-free number, 800-CALL-FBI (800-225-5324).
> Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
> Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. fausto astudillo

hey maybe we should have a hi capacity pressure cooker bomb ban it just show's when somebody decides they want to commit a crime that is horrible there is nothing you can do to stop it we need to enforce the law's we have I know if that if I lived in Boston an that guy ran past me I'd put a bullet in him end of story

April 19, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Here Be Dragons

Right.Well that's vigilantism,for a start.Second,how ya gonna know?Good intel is the key,problem being they're already here.
      Let the Feds,the Firm,and the cops do their jobs.It's what we pay 'em for.

April 19, 2013 at 10:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • wyatt hill

Why did the FBI photo shop the "David Green" Photo of the Tsarnaev brothers leaving the marathon ? (see PhotoShop Fail( video)

May 15, 2013 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
    • jeepguy6

You see, this is where people like you are so stupid. These types of things are illegal for a reason. Under the rationale of the gun loving wing nuts, pressure cooker bombs should be legal for everyone so they can protect themselves from the ones using illegal ones. Dumb statements like yours only prove why gun control makes sense.

April 19, 2013 at 11:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • SeeThruIt2

Pressure cookers don't kill people. Terrorists, criminals, and crazy people mis-using pressure cookers do.

April 19, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
      • Right-Wing Gun Nut

I am getting tired of listening to complete strangers impute to me some moronic illogic that supposedly demonstrates how "people like me" think. Angry, irrational people scare me in whatever form they come.

April 19, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
      • bill

The mass murders committed in Aurora, Arizona, Conn., by the ex-Justice of the Peace official in Texas, Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc., ect., ect., were not committed by street thug gangster criminals, they were committed by people who obtained military assault weapons "legally" – Gang members don't commit mass murders as much as right wing nut job NRA members do.

April 19, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
      • The REAL Truth...

@Right-Wing Gun Nut – much of the irrationality IS coming from the right, the pro-gun lobby. I'm a gun owner, and fully believe the extended background checks should have been implemented, along with a National Registry. There are many of us that believe that if mental health is an issue for gun ownership then we should start with WLP, then the rest of the NRA, GOA and other undustry-funded "rights" organizations. Anyone who has a clue (gun owner or not) can't seriously believe that putting MORE GUNS into schools by arming teachers with concealed handguns is going to IMPROVE the safety of our kids??? That is totally irrational and totally ZEALOT driven.

April 19, 2013 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
      • Zach

I think the problem is we are trying to rationalize the irrational behavior.

April 19, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
      • Ichiro

The REAL Truth... you think a National Registry is a good idea? Well, this is what happened in Canada.

Originally the Canadian Firearms Registry required the registration of all non-restricted firearms, but this requirement was “dropped” on April 6, 2012 by the coming into force of Bill C-19. Bill C-19 also “mandated the destruction of the non-restricted records of the registry” as soon as feasible. The net annual operating cost of the registry program, originally estimated to be $2 million, is reported to be $66.4 million for the 2010-2011 fiscal year.

April 19, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
      • scoobuss

LMAO your a good one, the chicken and the egg. you should join the secret services you would ahve them all laying eggs :-)

May 15, 2013 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
      • wyatt hill

Hitler and Stalin would agree !

May 15, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Kate

You should worry about taking a basic writing class as opposed to pretending to be a Boondock Saint. It's difficult to even understand your point due to your horrible spelling, grammar and massive run on sentence.
      If you can't spell HIGH capacity, you shouldn't be able to own one!

April 19, 2013 at 11:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Grammar Lover

Stewart, I believe you meant "you're queen."

April 19, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
      • Rekenstrana's Homunculus

stewart: "I didn't see that much wrong with his grammar."

Well, of course YOU wouldn't, professor.

April 19, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
      • Rich

You forgot the comma after "grammar" you genius.

April 19, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
      • Rekenstrana's Homunculus

"You forgot the comma after 'grammar' you genius."

That's optional. Look up "Oxford comma," Professor Hawking.

April 19, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
      • GrammerWatchDog

April 19, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
      • Rekenstrana's Homunculus

GrammerWatchDog: "Correcting grammar in a blog....LOVE IT...who the frick cares?? I understood his comment PERFECTLY (whether it made sense or not). Be gone grammar trolls!!! This is not an English class...oh God, did I mispell something, please, please someone check my post!!! oh God, did I leave too many exclamation points?...oh sh$t, a run-on sentence...please stop me, I keep messing up as I keep typing. Ok, I will stop."

Don't breed.

Rich: You forgot the comma after 'grammar' you genius."

Amazingly enough, you need to put a comma after "grammar," but remember to place it inside the quotation mark.

Thanks.

April 19, 2013 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
      • Eugene

“If you can't spell HIGH capacity, you shouldn't be able to own one!”

wow, that’s how you decide if one should own a gun or not? Do you think no law enforcement officers and military personnel ever made a spelling or grammar mistake? Sweetie, you are the one who shouldn’t be allowed to own a gun since your thinking process is so immature and shallow.

April 19, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frayie

You dear Sir, are an idiot.

April 19, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • steve

And everyone would have been so much safer carrying an AR on a sling I guess is what you are saying....

April 19, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jon

I am a gun owner. I carry a gun. I support our rights, but it is comments like this that make me think maybe we should have better laws. "ban on hi capacity pressure cookers" This has to be the most ignorant statement ever made.

April 19, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fladabosco

If only every runner had a bomb it would have prevented this. And since we can't stop all bombers, let's make it legal to carry bombs.

After all the 2nd amendment gives us the right to bear arms. It don't say nothing 'bout guns.

April 19, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • mbski420

Fladabosco..that was a idiotic thing to say.IMO
        God doesn't belong here Robin.IMO
        bill have you ever tried to run a marathon carrying a gun? Seriously?

April 19, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Albert

And what if you shot and missed and killed an innocent bystander? What if the person you thought was the terrorist also turned out to be an innocent bystander? What if there were other terrorists with orders to set off additional bombs if they heard any gunshots? You are a brainless moron. Guns are NOT the answer.

April 19, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • lei

Too bad you weren't standing there when the bombs went off. Sounds like you would have been quite useful.

April 19, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Right-Wing Gun Nut

I'm going to guess you're not actually a gun-owner or a believer in enforcing the laws, but rather are an anti-social dork like the wannabe Rambos who kill people to work out their frustrations. Gun owners do not "put a bullet in people" and they do not take the law into their own hands. Maturity and a respect for authority are practical prerequisites for gun ownership. And I will guess that if you ever shot another person, you would not be so casual in talking about it. It is a life-altering act for the shooter even when justified and the guilt is overpowering. I am a gun-owner and I support an unrestricted Second Amendment, but some people should not carry guns and I daresay this includes you.

April 19, 2013 at 11:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • The REAL Truth...

Oh yeah bud.. get that weapon out.. would have been real useful in stopping a bomb exploding wouldn't it! What an idiot!

April 19, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Betty Wooster

I'm so glad you made this statement about wanting to "put a bullet in" the suspect. It gives me the chance to make the point that justice is larger than the death of the guilty party. I'm sure there are many aspects, but here's at least one: maybe there are other dangerous members of the guilty party and they might never be found and brought to justice if the one you saw running down the street was shot and killed. Take a class in the rights and responsibilities of gun ownership. It's NOTHING like what you see in the movies.

April 19, 2013 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Kate

Seriously .. who is the grey haired guy in the fron with a smirk on his face?

April 19, 2013 at 10:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Donna

Yes Kate!!!!...I saw him too....

April 19, 2013 at 11:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Roger

Kate...a picture is a snapshot of a very brief moment in time. The man may appear to be smirking, but he is likely in the middle of moving from one facial expression to the next, or in the middle of speaking a word to someone. It's actually sort of fun to play with this by freezing frames on the TV. You can get some pretty messed up expressions just from someone trying to sell you dryer sheets during the commercials.

April 19, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. ellisiln

".... wasn't running away in a panic..." Oh, no? Seems to me he was. Why no question of the bald white man standing at the door way behind him looking towards the blast?... Cling to the King and the salvation He brings!

April 19, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. bastige

Setup picture!

April 19, 2013 at 11:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. eh?

"Cling to the King"? Elvis has his own problems right now...see other news threads

April 19, 2013 at 11:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Here Be Dragons

Ha-ha,eh?

You're about the only up to snuff:just the usual with The Xenophobia Club,and people calling each other idiots.

Have a good weekend.(Crazy week,huh?)

April 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Al Rivera

If they know who the suspect is, why rely on just one blurry picture, instead of having the family and university give up clearer photos?

April 19, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. نازك العكيدي

April 19, 2013 at 11:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • tb420

"just keep in your mind not every thing happen in u.s.a from Arabs people try to discover the main causes"–Methinks thou doth protest too much.

April 19, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • shepherdgregory

I've noticed often Arabs–particularly men–all seem to think the West thinks they're dumb.I think I know why,and I also know
        nobody thinks any such thing.'algebra' is Arabic!

April 19, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Steve

Ironic that the liberal left puts more trust in the government than anyone, yet doesn't want the government to infringe on the "rights" of anyone. These same idiots will be the same one's defending the guy after they catch him. The ACLU will claim that his rights were violated. Go ahead liberals, go to the nearest police station and turn in your guns (if you have one). The government will take care of all of us!!!

April 19, 2013 at 11:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • KMDAB

WTH arew you even talking about? It's you right-wing loons that scream and shout about your rights being infringed upon yet have no problem taking them from other people (or denying them to other people) while clinging to your 2000 year old book of fairy tales.

April 19, 2013 at 11:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • The REAL Truth...

And therein lies the problem... the right believes they have full rights to infringe on my rights, which is complete heresy and totally based on the FEAR and IGNORANCE the right wing lobby uses to portray anyone (Liberals) whom disagrees with them. You can lead a horse to water...

April 19, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. bill

maybe if all of the runners were armed, as well as all of the bystanders, maybe they could of stopped all of this from happening. As per the NRA, more weapons are the answer.

April 19, 2013 at 11:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Scales From Their Yankee Eyes

I presume you are joking.(You like chicken?)

April 19, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. SequesterTime!

Good thing this wasn't Friday, May 24th when the government starts going on furlough, cuz you know, nothing ever happens on a Friday. And before anyone says it, the furlough includes federal police agencies.

April 19, 2013 at 11:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. esoftcentral

watch your kids, home, and business with a computer webcam or two for FREE with this app TubeSquare Lite in iTunes or run a live stream and post it on your social walls like FACEBOOK.

April 19, 2013 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Here Be Dragons

Where's Dana,Steve from Mo(currently sent to Coventry),Jason,Tesla,Scales~Dragon,shepherdgregory?

I even miss thaNorthStar...

(Where IS she?)

April 19, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Kevin

He actually got both suspects in that picture! Look beside the woman in pink on the left hand side towards the top!

April 19, 2013 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Yohann

I just made the same discovery Kevin...

April 19, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Robin Lawson

There are no coincidences... sometimes we are in the service of God, unawares. For such a heartbreaking and tragic event; there is unexpected beauty.

April 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Scales From Their Yankee Eyes

What on earth are you talking about?Do you know Steve from Mo?

(Who is,actually,Piers Morgan,live from Coventry with a red airse...)

April 19, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Nae

Let’s tell our children not to be scared. This is a rare event. It only makes terrorists happy if we panic and give in to fear.

April 19, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Here Be Dragons

You could wrap them in cotton wool and continue to delude them seeing as you're good at it.

April 19, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Nae

I’ve noticed that you’ve been posting gibberish quite a while in other threads too. I’m not gonna waste my time dealing with you. So this is the one and only reply to you from me.

Stop the nonsense. (though I know you are not gonna...)

April 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Yohann

You can see the other brother in the background of this picture next to the girl in the pink...

April 19, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. scoobuss

tinyurl.com/d4nfpyu

THE MAN IN THIS LINK LOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE AN ANTI DEMOCRACY TERRORIST TYPE PERSON TOO. I WONDER IF HE IS ANYTHING LIKE A PRESSURE COOKER.

April 19, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. maczapit

Yes – actually BOTH suspects are in this picture......Suspect #1 looks as if he may be injured...and being helped by the group of girls – next to the girl in pink. maybe he got caught by his brother's bomb.....

April 19, 2013 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • maczapit

And that would explain the cops saying that he had schrapnel in him when he got to the hospital...after being shot.

April 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. reno

Cnn gives the best news updates

April 19, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Here Be Dragons

Are you Piers Morgan?

April 19, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Nae Has Got Nae Chance

You have unconscionably treated Connecticut with contempt,and you are nothing short of a disgrace.
    Dunblane provides the proven illustration as to where to go,but seeing as you're so busy running around like headless chickens scared of your own shadows and refusing to look at your sad reflection with the most annually abominable
    murder rate on the face of the Earth I am going to mock you as I am livid.I stay a short distance from Dunblane.It will never
    be the same again,US Open Champion coming from there makes no difference,and you have failed Newtown.

Stay away from St.Andrews.

Twenty Candles

April 19, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sebastian Sutton

Connecticut? Newtown? In this thread, we are talking about Massachusetts, Boston and Watertown, just in case you didn’t know.

April 19, 2013 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • America Is A Big Pile Of Pants And That's FINAL!

Dwarfed by Newtown.

April 19, 2013 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  21. David

SHAME ON US – WE DROPPED THE BALL!!! If the 1st bomber was questioned by authorities a year or two ago for possibly terrorist activity (as was WARNED and reported to us by the Russians), then why wasn't he on the radar screen? At minimum, they should have had him in their terrorist database with his PICTURE and listed as living in the Boston area. Then BEFORE releasing the bombing pix to the public they could have compared the bombing pix to the ones in their database (all the people known to have been involved in possible terrorist activity AND to be living in the Boston area). After all how many could that be????? They would have had a match and they could have apprehended (stealth-like) the bombers before anyone else was killed or hurt. The MIT security officer would NOT have been killed and the other police officers would NOT have been injured. It seems to me like we dropped the ball. Really, how good is our anti-terrorist program?????

April 20, 2013 at 12:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Sebastian Sutton Couldn't Fiddle A Button

Your name was considered for me,and was rejected.

I have a King's name.

April 20, 2013 at 10:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. facelift

I do not even know how I stopped up here, however I thought this submit was great.

I do not know who you might be however certainly you are going to a well-known blogger if you happen
    to aren't already. Cheers!

April 20, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Loopy Lucifer

I am legion.

(Can YOU try and get a reply from Scare The Pilgrims?He's a very strange man...from Kenturkey)

April 20, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Slimy Limey

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssspppppppppppppppppppppp
        ppppppppppppppppppppppppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss
        sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
        sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

April 21, 2013 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Espresso Machine

Thank you for the good writeup. It actually used to be a leisure account it.
    Look advanced to far delivered agreeable from you! By the way, how can we be
    in contact?

April 21, 2013 at 9:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Prime Minister George Grenville LEGEND

Piers,

I'm releasing Slimy Limey–they're making COFFEE,Piers!UNTAXED COFFEE!

I'm expanding the Imperial Cull,Piers,you'll have to club faster.

Carry on!

(Where's the teabags?)

April 21, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Slimy Limey

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
        aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
        hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
        nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

April 21, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. marcus b

this pic was photoshopped

April 29, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Steven Wedeking

Varying the fineness of the grind, the amount of pressure used to tamp the grinds, or the pressure itself can be used to vary the taste of the espresso. Some baristas pull espresso shots directly into a pre-heated demitasse cup or shot glass, to maintain a higher temperature of the espresso.*..

View all of the most recent piece of writing on our new internet site
    <http://foodsupplementdigest.com/

May 5, 2013 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. kate hill bags

Hello there, You've done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this website.

July 1, 2013 at 4:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Loxbeataesomb

wp nike fuel band setup-nike-off xc nike fuel band setup-nike-off nt nike fuel band setup-nike-off ey nike girl effect-All the materials are through the careful selection 2013 yq nike girl effect-All the materials are through the careful selection 2013 hx nike girl effect-All the materials are through the careful selection 2013 do women's ugg ultimate cuff-Help you outshine the other guy 2013 wc women's ugg ultimate cuff-Help you outshine the other guy 2013 tx women's ugg ultimate cuff-Help you outshine the other guy 2013

December 29, 2013 at 12:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Private Personal Training Long Island

Great shot! This guys days are numbered!

January 23, 2014 at 6:03 am | Report abuse | Reply