Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Tonight: The Boston Bombings – what, why, and who – as well as the story of the wrongfully accused
April 23rd, 2013

Coming up this evening at 9, "Piers Morgan Live" continues with coverage of last week's bombings in Boston, and the subsequent manhunt and capture of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, and the death of his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

Reporting from the ground in Massachusetts, CNN's Jake Tapper will review some of the newest evidence and details of the terror attack, including photos of last week's shootout taken from the window of a Watertown neighbor directly above the confrontation.

Additionally, as authorities are now taking a closer look at an incident in September 2011 which left the elder Tsarnaev's good friend – and two other men – murdered, tonight reporter Michael Rezendes of "The Boston Globe" will speak live with Piers Morgan, offering his insight into a possible connection.

And, looking ahead to Wednesday, this evening Morgan will introduce the story of Sunil Tripathi, a Brown University student who has since gone missing after initially being wrongly associated with the bombings. Tomorrow at nine, Tripathi's siblings – Ravi and Sangeeta – will join the program live for an exclusive face to face interview.

Tune in this evening at 9 as Morgan previews that story, while also speaking live with a host of additional guests, each tasked with sharing their perspective and context into an international story which continues to grip the nation.
> Follow Piers Morgan Live on Twitter
> Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. mnrkba

I thought you were leaving?

April 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Anj

Anyone who listens to piers and mainstream media and believes these photos of grief stricken citizens prove jahar is guilty needs to learn to think for themselves. Open your eyes
    People, have you seen any pictures of the two brothers PLACING the bombs down?! Have you seem videos or pictures where you can see that yes, they ARE shooting police and throwing bombs?! Hearsay doesn't deem one guilty. Right now it's this kid who's being deemed guilty until proven innocent, tomorrow it will be you. Stand up and do some investigating on your own and see if the proof shows jahar is guilt or innocent. Don't listen to these brain washers. They have hidden agendas. Open your minds.

April 23, 2013 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hatled

Are you for real??? Its called EVIDENCE. The police are under no obligation to show the video to the public so that they can try the case in the court of public opinion. They are busy doing their job, and making a case. If you are so skeptical, you should go watch the trial, you will see all of the evidence that you are looking for then.

April 23, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Anj

Lol you guys....making me laugh. So you're telling me you've seen the PROOF that you needed to judge he's guilty? Please, enlighten all us skeptics who use our own mind and don't blindly listen to what the media says. CHECK the sources that people like piers use and you'll see it comes up blank.
        The Facebook group supporting jahar and his innocence has 14,000 followers. Maybe all of us are crazy, maybe all of you non believers are crazy. In my opinion, there hasn't been a single picture or video that proves he did it. When you find one, please do post it. Ill be waiting.

April 23, 2013 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anj Lover

All we know about this is what we've been told. Just like the JFK assassination and the Second Gulf of Tonkin Incident, which Johnson used to escalate the Vietnam War. We've been lied to before. http://imgur.com/a/Nx8EU

April 23, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Dean Gullberry

Let's make a distinction. This isn't about "believing what the cops/government tells us". It's just common sense. The kid is in the hospital right now slowing spilling the beans. Is it common sense, at this point, to continue believing all this news is an elaborate coverup, or are you just engaging in mental masturbation at this point?

April 24, 2013 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
    • ck4ct

ANJ, i am afraid that your mind is clouded by your hatred for every one who speaks he truth. It is my understanding from these boys own family that they were up to no good. innocent people do not shoot at police over 300 shots or admit to a captive they did this horrible thing. Please Anj, you make me very nervous to think what YOU might do.

April 23, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Anj

Hahah oh my gosh! You guys are amazing at how ignorant you can be. Don't be worried for what I might do- I go to the best university in my area, I'm getting my masters and plan to go on to become a professor. I'm smart and not gullible. If those traits make you nervous than god have mercy on you. Please post your proof that shows he is guilty. Please enlighten us who use our own minds to think.

April 23, 2013 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
      • KP

@ Anj
        "I'm smart and not gullible." Oh the irony from when Alex Jones told you that you are smart while quietly raping your mind. "I'm getting my masters and plan to go on to become a professor." I hope you do, so that maybe you'll someday be able to see how your ranting about unconfirmed information you read off the internet is just as bad as people believing every tidbit that mass media throws out there to grab your attention. The only person anyone has to blame for misinformation is themselves. That includes you and others who have no involvement in this investigation. To put things into perspective. Would you give a rats ass about some random guy who got pulled over for speeding in anytown, USA. Where's the proof he was speeding? No one has shown you video evidence or a radar reading. For that matter, if they did show you. You would say it was manipulated and he was framed. GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY! My point is, what makes you more important than the investigation, that the authorities need to hurry up and send you full disclosure of this case. You are a hypocrite, by judging the US government guilty before they can present all of the evidence.

April 24, 2013 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Dean Gullberry

You're a lot like the "9/11 truthers" that are too caught up in hating the "lamestream media" to use common sense. "Thinking for yourself" doesn't equate to blindly rejecting the media in, somewhat ironically, the same fashion you claim everyone else is blindly believing the media.

I don't have the utter proof, as you see fit to require. But I'll be willing to bet you just about anything there's no conspiracy here, and these two guys are the bombers. Wow I know, so far-fetched and ignorant of me.

April 24, 2013 at 12:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Will Dea

Piers,
    Stop this now – you know what is happening here and you as a journalist know how to stop it! Do not be a public 'Affront' to the British people – speak the truth or take yourself home

April 23, 2013 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

WHAT exactly is Piers supposed to do?He,like most of the rest of us,is convinced of their guilt.Yes,innocent-til-proven
      guilty DOES still have currency as a credo,but they're ALL OVER THIS:it seems pretty cut-and-dry to me.You see them on
      the sidewalk,and they stand out.They look like two bombers.If they're innocent,I'm a Dutchman.[Edinburgh,Scotland.]

April 26, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Will Dea

What convinces you of his guilt? Media hype? Have you personally seen the evidence? Has Piers? Why don't you wait until the 'hard evidence' is produced and then decide? I too am from Edinburgh and I hold my judgement until the evidence is presented to confirm his guilt. Keep an open mind – that's what Piers should do along with you and everyone else. Unless of course you have evidence to share to convince me? To hear a fellow scot say they are guilty because they 'look like bombers' horrifies me! Of course they are the only images you have been shown! Faces, nothing else – trawl through the Internet and you will see many many more images, take a look then tell me you believe they are the culprits! BTW greetings from the USA to my beloved Auld Reekie :)

April 26, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nancy

ANN COULTER ON BOMBING SUSPECT’S WIFE: ‘SHE OUGHT TO BE IN PRISON FOR WEARING A HIJAB’ AND…

April 23, 2013 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. yeldhata

where are my comments? I have posted two and they are not showing up, but the blog will not let me post them again!!!

April 23, 2013 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Anj in denial...

If they truly were innocent, why shoot an MIT officcer in his car? is that what "not guilty" people do? Oh wait they robbed a convenient store, and then car jacked an SUV, with plenty of evidence eye witness, hostage, and video surveillance...you are the one that needs to open you eyes ANJ!!!!....lets for arguments sake say you are right, why not turn your self in to authorities?!?!?!? because that is what "not guilty" people do. right? oh wait the rest is all hearsay right? we shall see what comes out in court and then who the foolish one is....I am sure it will be Anj.

April 24, 2013 at 12:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anj

Haha. At this point, all I can do is laugh. Like I said before, please post evidence of photos and and video where they place the bomb, where they can be seen shooting police and where they can be seen robbing a store etc.
      you people are idiots that's all I have to say. No point in arguing with fools.
      Have a nice life of close mindedness :)

April 24, 2013 at 12:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Dean Gullberry

We don't need photos of them placing the bomb to draw a rational conclusion well within reasonable doubt. Earlier today I was looking at a photo of a piece of a blown up pressure cooker that was recovered from the scene of the police chase. I suppose that was also "planted" or faked.

As with a lot of kids entering college, you're caught up in whole romanticism of believing you know when government/media is lying to us. Yes, it's fun to believe you aren't one of the mindless sheep and yes, that WOULD be a good thing not to be... but there's a right and wrong way to go about that.

Thing is, you display an obvious case of logical fallacy known as "appeal to ignorance". Look it up.

April 24, 2013 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
      • April

I sympathize with any one who would be wrongly accused. Had these two young men been wrongly accused they could have called the media, FBI, police, there family, there friends, the Imam, gone to there teachers, coach etc. I can understand they are from a war torn area where you can't trust authority and according to there teacher they have had " trauma shock " at the age of 8 or 9 but why an innocent person would rob 7/11 and kill a MIT police officer??? Innocent people lost lives Ani & were injured so who did this?
        Maybe you googled Annie Machon

April 24, 2013 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. IncredibleIgnorance

"who has since gone missing after initially being wrongly associated with the bombings"

UNBELIEVABLE! Do they not even research these things before printing them. First he's wrongly accused and now it's suggested that he disappeared in connection with the bombings. This is completely false, he's been missing for over a month.

April 25, 2013 at 2:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Private Personal Training

I hope they do the right thing with this kid. I want to see justice served! I can't wait to see how his family in Russia react's.

January 26, 2014 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. shop-replica

Our products include Replica Louis Vuitton handbags, Hermes bags, Gucci handbags, Celine bags, Burberry handbags, Dior handbags, Bottega Veneta handbags, Thomas Wylde handbags, Mulberry handbags, Stella Mccartney handbags.

May 6, 2014 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply