Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 1st, 2013

Ben Ferguson returned to be "grilled" on kids and guns

Two days after proudly launching his brand new segment "The Grill," – in which he aims to "turn up the heat and debate stories that matter" – on Wednesday evening Piers Morgan welcomed the return of the very man who helped debut the segment, Ben Ferguson.

Once again, guns in America was the topic of debate with Morgan raising the story of the Kentucky five year-old boy who shot and killed his two year-old sister with a rifle.

"He had been given [the gun] as a present for his birthday," said Morgan. "A rifle that is marketed specifically for children."

"There's a difference between giving your child a present and being a terrible parent," said Ferguson. "You had a terrible parent in this situation who is incredibly ignorant and stupid to leave, first of all a loaded weapon out, around adults you don't do that, much less children. Second of all you had a stupid parent who didn't lock up the gun."

"I don't know what law you're going to pass to allow for parents to be screened to be dumb or not. I mean, that would be pretty hard to enforce."

In response to Fegurson's point, Morgan listed a number of injuries resulting from children handling guns in the past month including "a four-year-old [who] shot and killed a deputy's wife at a barbecue in Tennessee" and "a two-year-old [who] found a glock pistol under her pillow and shot her [mother] in the stomach."

"How many more of these things have to happen, this indiscriminately, before people wake up and go 'That's enough kids shooting guns and being shot with guns?'" asked an exasperated Morgan.

Watch the clip and listen to the interview as Ferguson tells Morgan, "One hundred and seventy adults last month ran over children because they didn't look in their rearview mirror. Are we going to pass a law to fix stupid drivers?"
> Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
> Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Grill
  1. RANTS!!! by Rick

Here's the problem: http://full.sc/158WQzi

May 1, 2013 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm

See , Here It Is For you All In BLACK and White " Stupid people Can Buy Guns Too" There are people with really low IQ"S that want guns. SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

May 2, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary M

5 Year Olds aren't watching this violent vidio game – they are watching non-violent PBS shows. This is no excuse for putting a real gun in the hands of a 5 Year Old. God help the parents of these children for the road they now face. Piers please continue your crusade for gun sense in this country

May 3, 2013 at 4:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Terry

The gun is manufactured whether or not it is purchased for a five-year-old or a beginner, of any age! It is a 22 caliber single shot rifle. My father passed his first single shot 22 to me when I was six and he received it from his father when he was six. I live out in the country, not that it should make a difference, and mine long before trigger locks were invented was put away way out of my reach in a locked cupboard and with the ammunition stored somewhere that I never knew! I was only allowed to use mine under the supervision of either my grandfather or my father at a safe distance from any place that held people or livestock, etc. and I was to shoot at a target or a fence post. At some point in my life, around the time I was about 10 or 11 years old I was asked whether or not I would like to go deer hunting with my father. I was not allowed to carry the firearm because of course it was of no use against a deer and my father did not want me shooting at him by accident without learning how to hunt correctly, etc. Once again you have missed the point entirely! Mr. Morgan said that a five-year-old could not get a license for a vehicle, but chose to ignore the response that the five-year-old did not buy the gun himself. I will keep on saying it here that background checks do not work to the greater extent because they do not gather any information as to whether or not you are mentally stable! I presume that Mr. Morgan now doing the show from his beloved England as he promised to self deport it a second try to get any type of gun issue through Senate failed? And before you respond regarding the color pink of one of the guns that Mr. Morgan showed as being marketed to a female, maybe she is the only offspring, and her dad might ask her some day if she is interested in shooting a weapon or hunting? You never know what her answer may be, as my sisters answer was no.

May

May 1, 2013 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary M

Terry I'm glad that your parents were responsible about teaching you gun safety and ensuring that you were not able to access your gun unsupervised when you were too young to handle that responsibility. Unfortunately that is obviously not the case with many parents. While I can respect the rights of responsible gun owners like you and your parents, I also fear for the unresponsible people walking around armed... so what's the solution? I cringe that the mother of the Newtown shooter was the enabler.. and I realize that background checks don't help when the parent buys guns for the insane child. But they would have helped in the Aurora shooting. Anything incremental is good.

May 3, 2013 at 5:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. sara

wow, piers you should just take off the rest of the night. I have never heard of this craig person but he just shamed you!! I almost felt bad for you and ready for the next part so that you could get him off. "a 5 year old can't buy a gun" and then you just tried to weasel and waste time for the commercial break. you may want to reconsider taking on that man again.

May 2, 2013 at 12:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jason B

I only feel bad that I missed the segment. The sanctimonious S o B Morgan needs to be chopped off at the knees and p'wned more often.

May 2, 2013 at 1:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • john

Piers I see that some real stupid people have responded to you. A five year old cannot buy a gun, but his parents can. Maybe his parents should be charged with murder. They are the ones that provided the gun to a five year old. WHY would any person purchase a gun for a five year old and give him access to it, knowing they cannot watch a kid all the time for every minute. This does not have anything to do with the overall gun debate. Why don't you go ahead and buy some drugs for the kid while you are at it. If you teach a kid about guns at the age of 5, you have a serious problem. I think everyone knows this, but no one wants to speak up. I request that you remove people like Ben from your show.

May 2, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Suzanne Satkowiak

My father sold guns for a living as a wholesaler. I was brought up to that guns and knives are not toys. But yet to this day toy manufacturers make and sell them. Those children who did this and found those weapons I am sure in their minds thought when they found the gun that they were a toy. Along with the fact those parents should have kept their guns hidden and secure from the child. My father had several shotguns in our home. We never knew how many, there were hidden and secure and when we went to shoot, my father produced them in the suv when we arrived at secure and legal shooting facility. It is all about the RIGHT way of owning a gun

May 2, 2013 at 12:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jason B

Also, most if not all accidents like this happen because the parent NEVER takes the time to teach their children properly, if they even spend time with them at all. Translation – PARENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE proactively!

May 2, 2013 at 1:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Suzanne Satkowiak

My father did teach us and we have carried that on to our own children.

May 2, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
      • Piers Morgan

Jason!Hi,it's Piers!Please be more punctual in future,I know you normally watch THE ENTIRE SHOW!

Punching a cushion with my handsome noble boss-the-Yanks-around face on it!

Jason,you are my MOST LOYAL FAN!

Please make sure you are punctual,'cos we all know who the boss is:the Brit.

As ever.

Carry on,and thanks again for ALWAYS WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 3, 2013 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Lisa Morgan

Why didn't Piers come back on Ben's bull about deaths from auto back-overs? While it's tragic, it does not compare with the number of children who are dying every week from gunshots. According to a recent USA Today article ( http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/wellness/story/2012-03-02/Chlid-back-over-deaths-devastate-families-across-US/53337290/1 ): "An estimated four U.S. families each week bury a loved one - often a child - who was backed over by a vehicle and killed.." That means the total deaths of children AND adults from that type of accident are just half of the number of children alone dying from gunshot wounds each week in America. The total number of deaths annually (228) from back-over deaths pales in comparison to the 340 children lost to gun violence every month.

May 2, 2013 at 1:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lisa Morgan

Correction: ...just half of the number of children alone dying from gunshot wounds each DAY in America. ...

May 2, 2013 at 2:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chloe

Lisa could you perchance give a breakdown of those stats? the per capita number plus the demographics?

May 2, 2013 at 3:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Lisa

Chloe: I'm not sure which stats you are referencing but in regard to child deaths from gunshot wounds, the source is the 2008 & 2009 CDC Fatal Injury Report. The Children's Defense Fund has a breakdown of the demographics and more: http://www.childrensdefense.org/child-research-data-publications/data/protect-children-not-guns-2012.pdf

May 2, 2013 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnson

I know he said last month, but any resonable person would know he misspoke and meant last year.

May 2, 2013 at 11:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. SHW

In this case it is purely the stupidity and ignorance of the parents. The 5 years old did not buy the gun, the gun had a single
    shot and child's safety lock. Morgan, get your facts straight before you ties every thing on gun law. You should find
    another line of work . I see every night you struggle to deal with America's politics, foreign policy, culture, and law. When the "conversation" get out of your prepared comfortable Q card zone, you often makes some stupid comments.

May 2, 2013 at 7:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. VSmith

Piers Morgan... What are you doing in this country!!!? The government must be paying you to brain wash people... The british are known for colonizing... Bullies... today, they can only colonize themselves but you found another way... going to the USA to tell them how to behave. Unfortunately, every time a Brit goes to live abroad, they all try to change the laws around them. A desire for Power is in the Brit's blood stream. You are so rude it is unbelievable that you are still allowed to remain on the US soil, so it can only be my first guess. I lived in the UK and I was happy not to see your face on the little screen anymore... and I now live in the USA and you are here again... with your big gob and your fantastic revolutionary ideas of wanting to change the world. You should only be allowed to do what you do after living in the USA for 20 years and understand its culture. We are sick to listen to you on an everyday basis you are like a moaning granny. Just go back in your own country and preach your stuff over there. legal or not legal, if someone wants a gun desperately, they will find one, so do not waste your saliva. it is American stuff, don't turn this lovely country into another Brit country; nothing to envy them.

May 2, 2013 at 8:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Prime Minister George Grenville LEGEND

Piers,

Have you herd this Drone?

'...in the bloodstream'.

That's what he said,Piers,and he's WRONG!They're just sick little puppies tuning in to Imperial TV [Colonizing
      Neverywhere Now] every night after we HAD them down the Mines.Round the back the lot!PERKS of the job,eh Piers?

I want the Drone flogged Piers,sick lil' puppy...

Speaking of puppies,Piers,I knew a man in Scottus Britannicus,you know?Where THE BEST LEADERS are from?
      From Aberdeen,Piers,a glorious Imperial City,but he lived in a tower block.And he was unhappy.And he had a calendar
      with puppies on,and had scrawled in a speech bubble in red ink:'MY ONLY F@?#$G FRIEND!'

A dog in a calendar,Piers!Weak-willed and SCOTTISH!

Make him a Drone,Piers,a traitorous one.

Carry on!

May 3, 2013 at 9:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. aurens66

We do not allow tobacco companies to market to children as an issue of public health. How are guns any different? The truth is, gun sales to new customers are going down, gun sales are up to people who already own guns and are stockpiling I hope that everyone who is an advocate for a gun culture with no responsibility, (the parents who endangered their children are not being charged, but if they had left out a bottle of pills, or alcohol they would be) is getting a share of the gun maker's profits, they've certainly earned it with their non-stop lobbying.

May 2, 2013 at 9:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • wellsbells

tobacco is an addictive substance therefore can't be marketed towards children. Guns aren't considered "addictive" therefore is able to be marketed freely.

May 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • sm

Still dosent change the fact that Ignorance is alive and well, Anyone can buy a gun. " Cant stop Stupid"

May 2, 2013 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Rj

Every comment Morgan made implied that Expanded Background Checks would have prevented these kids from shooting somebody. We all know this is not the case.

This is an example of "Crap-In-Crap-Out". There are millions of viewers watching this type of truth-based information coupled with Disinformation night after night – and believing it. Piers Morgan is Not a stupid man. Therefore, I have to believe he intentionally puts this information out there hoping somebody buys it.

This type of media malarkey does nothing at all to help the cause.

May 2, 2013 at 11:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm

Dosent change the FACT! People will be Ignorant, its in all our nature and we all accept it. But it dosent change the fact that a really stupid mother and father left their gun out in the open Loaded, and you know half of America does, and it resulted in a terrible tradgety. the Parents will be chargched. but it dont change the fact that we are going through with the National gun registry agenda!

May 2, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • shepherdorkagorytea&grumpets

'DOESN'T'

If I had a King's Shilling for every time you've grossly mispelled that word,lassie...

May 3, 2013 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mark G.

These shootings are the faults of the parents who leave loaded guns laying about. Would they also leave a child in a car with the keys in the ignition and the car running with the hand brake off? Or in a swimming pool alone? The gun is not the issue here. It is the absolute irresponsibility of the parents. Rather than call for a ban on guns, their should be a call for the mandatory lock up of all guns and the government should be giving gun owners vouchers for gun safes and gun locks to ensure everyone has the ability to keep them locked up.
    We put locks on cars and in many places swimming pools require fencing around them with locked gates.

May 2, 2013 at 11:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • sm

Yes! and Still! Dumb people can buy guns. Wait, This is only the beginning of the "Stupidity coming !

May 2, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. oneluvsurfer

You can't legislate common sense. The parents are going to be kicking themselves for their stupidity. I mean there have been a couple of these cases in the news in the last couple of months and that should make you think.

May 2, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Hope

Concerning Ben Furgerson do we really have to have this person on TV. I find him stupid and less than valuable to
    any thing of value concerning the fire arms debate. He was totally degrading to the parents of the 2 year old little
    girl. Know your unable to control your guest, but we don't have to continue to have to hear them or see blast their stupid ideas. He does not need to be on the air. By the way love you show, but not some the of gun gab don't think the NRA will be happy until we have all shot someone. Please don't have him back on. Thank you

May 2, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Sophie

I am Canadian and I am appalled by the way Americans think about guns. It is disgusting to see all the crimes and "accidents" like this one (5 year old boy shooting his 2 year old sister), that happened only in the past 6 months in America. This has nothing to do with parents being stupid (yes I admit they might have been careless, cannot judge I wasn't there), it is the simple fact that guns were part of their lives. STOP MAKING GUNS, ANY KIND OF FIREARM AVAILABLE!!!!!!! Your 2nd amendment needs to change, actually terminated. That was written in the "cowboys" days. Come on! If everybody needs a gun because they fear what's going to happen in the future with the government or to protect themselves....protect themselves from who, what? If there is that much mistrust within U.S. citizens that you all need guns, then you guys have a serious problem.
    Also your allegiance states "Under God...". Americans are so proud to say for "God and country!", "God bless America!"...Mr. Morgan can you find me an explanation where did "God" say that Americans are allowed to have guns, take matters into their own hands and if they feel threatened they should kill someone. When did they become God! I noticed at CNN everyone talks about the politics of gun control, I do understand it is part of politics but since in their own political allegiance they include God...I find it very contradictory. I am a nurse in a trauma hospital and barely see gun wounds. We have very tight gun control laws. Just like you Mr. Morgan I don't understand that with all the statistics of other countries that showed a significant decrease in death caused by guns, that gun owners and the NRA would not change. As a nurse, I know banning guns won't eliminate crimes. I do believe that the less you are exposed to something the less likely you will think about it. If you want to kill yourself or other people you will find a way, but if a gun is not accessible to you, you may do less harm by other means or it might take you more time to think about it and therefore more time for people to stop you from doing it! I am glad you had fought and fought over and over again to try to put some common sense in the American culture. The way that some NRA representatives and people defending the second amendment speak to you on your show is so disrespectful and "BULLYING", then they wonder how come there is so much bullying! You are being bullied Mr. Morgan, don't give up the fight, their are Americans and a lot of Canadians supporting your cause. Embarrassing to be an American, I am glad I am not. ( I am a french Canadian and I know you correct grammar when you read...sorry for my english grammar)

May 2, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Michele Holmen

I pray that we can attain some basic common sense out of the tragic story of the 5 yr old shooting his sister with his brand new birthday RIFLE. So you can purchase a killing machine for a 5 yr old over the counter, but when it comes to purchasing day after birth control over the counter for girls (the other headline story this week) there is a huge uproar and an appeal on what is the appropriate age. REALLY?  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this means if you are in preschool, you can operate a gun, but you can't have alcohol until you are 21!  While I consider myself educated and informed, I realize how my assumptions of gun laws were naive and just wrong. I assumed everyone had to go through a background check when purchasing a firearm, but I guess if you can be 5 years old and legally operate a killing instrument, then what good is a background check? We want to have a registry of individuals with mental health issues, but 5 year olds will make the cut?  I recall my days when my child was 5- could have definitely be considered crazy!

M. Holmen ( parent of former 5 yr old)
    Newport Beach, CA

May 2, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. sm

See There You Go!!!!! Right There in Black and White........" Stupid people Can Buy Guns " People with low IQ's can Obtain Guns. It Already Caught up with Us. the Dumbness is contagious. what the " F " is the "D" gun doig loaded in the first place......... NO EXCUSE!

May 2, 2013 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Griff.

"Who are the 'Mountain People' Pierse?? We laugh at all the different types in the USA of old, and yet there they still exist. The McCoys really exist!!"

May 2, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Here Be Dragons

Griff,this constant quoting malarkey is running outta gas,dude,but appreciate you bringing up Derek Bentley.

A gross miscarriage of justice,wouldn't-harm-a-fly-type,and his mother battled for decades to clear his name,
      successful in the end.

The immortal and infamous line:'Let him have it,Chris!' was never uttered.

May 3, 2013 at 9:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Newton

Agree fully Sophie. The US is a baffling place for an outsider when it comes to this issue. What is most baffling is how easily the average American appears to be duped, and in particular by the NRA. As you said, there was a time the 2nd Amendment made sense, but that was a very very long long time ago. I presume American society have become more civilized since then... then again as evidenced by the gun and the craziness it engenders, apparently not???
    See (MAMMON The Demise of Critical Thinking in the Age of "The Secret" ( https://www.smashwords.com/books)/view/181298

May 3, 2013 at 3:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chloe

Newton, what exactly makes a law abiding gun owner uncivilized? Please elaborate. Do you think that with people receiving more and more liberties world wide that evil will disappear? Perhaps it's not being civilized that you should worry about, but rather becoming a sitting duck. The gun-owners I know are extremely sophisticated people, scientists and engineers, who care only about the wellbeing of their wives and children.

May 3, 2013 at 3:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Newton

I have no issue with gun ownership per se. I live in South Africa and believe me there is far more tangible crime around me but I only know one person in my street who owns a gun and I’ve never seen him wear in on him. That is given that I live about 2 km from a squatter camp in an unsecured community.

In fact in the respective communities that do have such proclivities (notably Afrikaaners in the north, Oscar Pistorius being a particular case in point) there are significantly more suicides and family murders, thus notably more people are killed with their own weapon.

What to me seems beyond reason as far as the US is concerned is the notion that one has a right to bear arms. It surely is not a right but a privilege afforded to those with reasonable competence, and by implication, that one be reasonably sane. And Bushmasters and other semi-automatic weapons should be excluded if the notion of self-defense is considered. Then again if you’re a cattle rancher on the Mexican border, sure.

And the general motivation given (that is other than the rancher who may legitimately one day have to defend his land) for owning military style assault weapons… that the state will somehow militarily invade one's personal sanctum, and therefore that one has the right to arm oneself to the teeth in defense? The notion smacks of an uncivilized society as the implication is that one fears one's own “potentially” tyrannical government.

This is the rub though. This is either true because you live in a legitimately uncivilized state such as Somalia where governance has broken down, or one has a delusional Schizophrenic state of mind, fearing the imminent decline of the social order, and that one is therefore prepared for the imminent impending day of doom...

You choose???

May 3, 2013 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
      • Mary M

Chloe, people that are prepared on a daily basis to shoot people that they disagree with are not civilized.

May 3, 2013 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
      • To Mary M

So you ARE talking about the criminals? Who the h-ll else would shoot someone they don't agree with? My G-d. Really? You mentioned in broad strokes to the effect that people who still want guns are unciviized. This has taken the debate to a new low.

May 4, 2013 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
      • newton

Mary, I take it that the five year old must have had a disagreement with his two year old sister when he shot her? That's if I'm following your logic correctly... The fact is however that most people who kill with guns are not criminals to begin with... its just that having access to guns makes it just so damn easy to become one...

May 4, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chloe

Newton you assume a lot. you say:thus notably more people are killed with their own weapon. Absolute nonsense. Pardon me, but it's nonsense. Those things do happen, but since the middle ages, how does it compare. So, it's the Afrikaners who are uncivilised then? We have had guns at our temples, pointed at us at our very home. What on earth are you talking about. Things are never what it seems. You listen or watch something on the media and boom, it's all fact in your mind.Day to day living is another thing altogether. The fact that you call the police (who have guns) when you're in trouble, I guess doesn't make sense to you. Now why would all the celebrities with their entourages of armed guards not be called uncivilized? it's a futile discussion. Single incidents, whether they occur montly, weekly, annually – happens! Compared to what happens per capita in a country and who the perpetrators are, you're talking about negligible fractions. It's not worth a conversation.

May 3, 2013 at 5:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • shepherdgregory

The reality is this:not so long ago Harvard University–whom a lot of people,myself included,would say is the best in the world–published a report on how houses are far more dangerous overall if guns loom their presence.Nothing more
        inquisitive than a child,and I've seen tiny caskets with equally tiny Stars And Stripes lowered into the ground 'cos of this
        very problem THEIR OWN universities are citing then warning about.

And it's like nobody wants to know,I've heard a few references to it,and that's about it.Harvard University...

May 4, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Here Be Dragons

Hey Newton,

They're a worry that lot:go to their website,and they zoom in on 'militia'–says it all.

Thanks for posting,Peace.

May 3, 2013 at 9:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Newton

Let me just clear up a few things:

You said: you say: thus notably more people are killed with their own weapon. Absolute nonsense. Pardon me, but it's nonsense. Those things do happen, but since the middle ages, how does it compare.

Fact: You can try the US census (http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0310.xls) which indicates that of all the 30 000 gun deaths, only 36% were homicides – this implies that 66% were either suicide or accidental. That is aside from the fact that more than 2/3rds of all homicides are committed with a gun (I’m sure there are more unsuccessful attempted murders by other means). To put it to you straight, most people are killed (or kill those close to them accidentally) with their own gun.

You said: So, it's the Afrikaners who are uncivilised then? – Maybe, they were responsible for apartheid which were uncivilised, but, let’s not generalize…

You said: The fact that you call the police (who have guns) when you're in trouble, I guess doesn't make sense to you. - What’s the point exactly?

You said: Now why would all the celebrities with their entourages of armed guards not be called uncivilized? it's a futile discussion. Single incidents, whether they occur montly, weekly, annually – happens! Compared to what happens per capita in a country and who the perpetrators are, you're talking about negligible fractions. It's not worth a conversation.

What are you trying to say? Own a gun if that makes you sleep better at night, but the stats unfortunately disproves that.

The Americans are uncivilized argument concerns the fanaticism of the gun debate (led by the NRA) as it does not make sense. It all comes down to brainwashing and GREED (read MAMMON https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/181298).

As an outsider it’s crazy that increasing numbers of Americans are falling for this and are stockpiling weapons for some impending doomsday. Unfortunately all those who are feeding into the paranoia are doing is creating is a self-fulfilling prophecy where, indeed, they would one day need to have a AK47 in their holster just to get safely to the nearest 7Elevn in order to buy a desperate loaf of bread.

May 3, 2013 at 6:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Newton

BTW that's in response to Chloe.

May 3, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Here Be Dragons

FAO Newton.

They capitalize on fear,tills been ringing ever since Sandy.

LaPierre gets a million bucks a year filthy lucre off the gun manufacturers,and will endlessly promote the gun
    come what may.

Hope you're a regular on here:lot of time for South Africa,friend in Edinburgh[from near Durban]told me she and her
    parents[both deceased]took a stand against Apartheid even when up and running.Nailing your colors to the mast
    big time,well done them,everyone waiting on Pistorious trial.(And Knox.And Zimmerman.)

Peace.

May 3, 2013 at 9:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. America's Just A Bit Silly

Who will join me in hanging Wayne La Pierre in a gibbet to be pecked at by the craws?

Renders the 11th Century Norman word for a posse a revenant,constantly adhering to it and its ideals:it's obsolete,
    but they zoom in on it on their homepage.

Go figure.

May 3, 2013 at 10:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. America Is A Big Pile Of Pants And That's FINAL!

Think on 'Beneath The Planet Of The Apes',that cavern,and the cult of the rocket...

May 3, 2013 at 10:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Your Country Needs You

FBI supersede Pinkertons supersede Sherriff&Marshal.

Police supersede constabulary supersede MILITIA.

2013,folks.

May 3, 2013 at 10:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Is Dana At The NRA Convention?

Antlers,pulled-up trouser legs,wriggle off ANY Hook you care to put 'em on...

(Where IS he/she?)

May 4, 2013 at 6:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Tomcat

Hello there, simply turned into alert to your blog via Google, and located that it is really informative. I'm going to be careful for brussels. I'll be grateful when you proceed this in future. Many people can be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

May 8, 2013 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Confused?You will be...

'careful for Brussels'???

Sprouts?

Belgium?

May 9, 2013 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Oakley Sunglasses UK

My wife or husband and my spouse and i? michael unclear exactly why however this site will be filling unbelievably sluggish personally. Will be anybody different having this kind of concern or possibly is this a worry by myself conclusion? I? ll come back afterwards if the difficulty nonetheless exists. Oakley Sunglasses UK http://cheapoakleysunglassesoutletuk.moonfrult.co.uk/

June 2, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. In Home Personal Training Long Island

I agree I don't know what law you're going to pass to allow for parents to be screened to be dumb or not. I mean, that would be pretty hard to enforce." What a stupid parent! This person is no better then the parent who gives their son a gun that is on antidepressants. Who gives a gun
    to a 5 year old.

December 12, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Personal Training Long Island

I definitely would blame the parents in this situation, not the gun. It should not have been in their possession at all. It could have been avoided with better parenting.

January 21, 2014 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply