Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 18th, 2013

Paris Hilton talks "Bling Ring": "I think it's absolutely disgusting what they did...I was just so horrified"

In advance of her cameo in the upcoming film "Bling Ring" – based upon a robbery scheme of which she was a victim – this evening Paris Hilton joined "Piers Morgan Live" for a primetime, face to face interview.

Joining the host live in his Los Angeles studio, the 32-year-old heiress shared her thoughts on those who broke into her home, rifled through her belongings, and helped themselves to whatever they wanted:

"I think it's absolutely disgusting what they did, when I was watching the movie I was just so horrified and disgusted by what they did to me," said Hilton, referring to surveillance video of the thieves in action. "It was just so wrong, so it just was very upsetting."

Speaking to the role social media played in enabling the thieves to access her information, and as such, access her home, Hilton noted the need for an increased level of awareness:

"This could not have happened five, ten years ago. There wasn't Twitter or Facebook or any of these things, so nowadays people know exactly where you are, so I've been more careful with that, and also putting the most extensive security system in my house, so this can not happen again."

With 17 new product lines, including a recently launched 15th fragrance, the former red carpet staple and paparazzi prize is now positioning herself as a hard-driving, self-made businesswoman:

"Very exciting. I worked very hard so I'm very proud of what I've created," said the guest, speaking of wealth that includes more than 1.5 billion dollars for her perfumes alone. "I feel very proud. I've worked very hard for this, so it's just feels so exciting to hear those numbers."

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's interview with Paris Hilton, and for more information about her multitude of projects and ventures, vist her official website.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: In the Chair
  1. AlFetah

Praises for Paris Hilton!

June 19, 2013 at 12:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Mamalicious

Too bad about Paris Hilton and "Bling Ring" – but rumor has it that she would take peoples belongings at every party she
    attended.

And it is easy to look fabulous and have all these businesses when mommy and daddy's billions are financing all of itl.

June 19, 2013 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • LuckyJ

I don't understand why people are so vile. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. She didn't hurt anyone. She's born privileged and she's smart to take advantage of it & use it to market her own business. She has businesses worldwide.How do you know that her parents financed her business? You only based your judgments on what you read and hear on TV.

June 19, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Luxxe

Actually my understanding from reputable sources is that Paris Hilton made her own money.

June 28, 2013 at 9:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • fatal

yeah right-no one is buying a purse for $3,000 without HILTON on it-if she was from idaho-went to design school on a scholarship and then started her own product lines-she would be in debt up to her eyeballs and losing her shirt

August 9, 2013 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saturnite

I'm okay with people stealing from the filthy rich, yeah.

June 19, 2013 at 4:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. ARALE NORIMAKI

Being spoiled and stupid and whorish is supposed to be a bad thing, remember? Parents, if you don't teach your children that people like Paris Hilton are supposed to be despised, where are they gonna learn it? You have to be the- [feels something in his stomach] You have to be the ones to make sure your daughters aren't looking up to the wrong people

June 19, 2013 at 10:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. LuckyJ

I don't understand why people are so vile & judgmental. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. She didn't hurt anyone. She's born privileged and she's smart to take advantage of it & use it to market her own business. She has businesses worldwide.How do you know that her parents financed her business? You only based your judgments on what you read and hear on TV.

June 19, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. lindaabighanem

Reblogged this on lindaabighanem.

June 19, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Blech

Don't know why she's complaining when she did the same thing. She had borrowed jewellery from a German jeweler and they were stolen in the break in. The jewellery was returned to her but she told the company it hadn't been, they had to sue her to get it back..

June 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Griff

"I am also a journey Man, and I ask all kinds of questions! I don't expect to be paid for what I learn and just because you all pay each other for information, does not mean you own it, otherwise why should give any of what I learned.
    I know one hell of a lot more than you for that simple reason.|

June 24, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Griff

|I can go anywhere that you can go on this planet Pierse, and read the news. But I can also get personall info from so many who make no money out of what it told, so info is freely given. on top of what is given, I also have a large memory bank thats on old floppies and other hard drives. Where I go for my news, you cannot go! My own history is my data base!|

June 24, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. cpanel vps

I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A handful of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue?| cpanel vps http://www.maxvaluepharmacy.com/index.php/member/6594/

August 4, 2013 at 10:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. GoFair

Hi! Amazing article you had above. If you ask me, you have touched almost everything and I have even wrote them down for future reading. Keep it up and thank you for sharing the lovely guidance.

April 15, 2014 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply