Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

August 27th, 2013

Lora DiMaggio on Hannah Anderson: "She's trouble"

Tonight “Piers Morgan Live” welcomed Lora DiMaggio, James DiMaggio’s sister, for an exclusive interview. This was her first interview since her brother’s death and the deaths of Hannah Anderson's mother and brother.

As the conversation turned to 16-year-old Hannah Anderson, DiMaggio continued to defend her brother.

"Do you believe everything a 16-year-old tells you?" DiMaggio asked Piers Morgan. He asked her to explain her skepticism:

"I know the Hannah Anderson that I saw a few night ago on the TV is certainly not the girl that stayed in my home three weeks prior to them disappearing," she began. "I remember very vividly telling my brother, she's trouble."

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's interview with Lora DiMaggio as she describes the girl she knows as Hannah Anderson, and for the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: In the Chair
  1. snadrows

I want to hear more of what Lora has to say!

August 27, 2013 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Z. R. Bell

Lora Robinson has every right, as do tax payers, to know the evidence being withheld, regarding the full picture of what transpired and who all may be involved. How justice is, or is not, served cannot be trusted to secrecy.

August 28, 2013 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Linda Prince

Nicely worded! I agree.

August 28, 2013 at 12:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • stanad

I so agree!!! We demand the details be released!!!!

August 28, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RogerThat

Lora should demand / request an official clarification along with proofs about the whole issue through the court. I seriously doubt if Hannah is a Sociopath. If somebody/ police are covering up this case, they are actually releasing a sociopath into the public. This should be a serious concern to every tax payer for the security of themselves and their loved ones from a sociopath.

September 1, 2013 at 6:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Michael H

this lady is sharing her opinion on national broadcasting and she is disparaging this 16 year old girl......her brother was crazy and she might be articulate but so are sociopaths' in interviews.....I wish news stations would return to telling news and not this silliness. totally the wrong forum for this lady

August 28, 2013 at 3:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Hope J

Jesus can bring peace to your troubled soul, IF you let him. He loves you! He alone provides hope in despair, peace that surpasses all understanding, a real and lasting joy that's not to be confused with the kind of happiness we may seek on earth. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path. Justice will come, but perhaps not in this lifetime. Look to Him and be set free! Blessings!

August 28, 2013 at 4:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Steve Schaefer

I would like a full investigation into the Hannah Anderson story. Is it utterly impossible that Hannah was involved in the murder of her mother and little brother? She seems to be coming across a little like Jodi Arias; as she weaves a story that is long on drama and short on facts. Knowing federal, state, and local agencies spent a lot of time and money on the search for James DiMaggio and Hannah – and that a quick kill insured a one-sided story, I'm surprised that we all bought the fairy tale ending so easily.

August 28, 2013 at 8:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • stanad

CNN are you listening?? Please get Lora Dimaggion back on for an in depth interview and assist her to get THE FACTS!!!!

August 28, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kathryn

Something about this story is off. There is more to this story. Let her talk!

August 29, 2013 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Joan

Fascinating interview. The pain in this woman's voice and face was apparent. A few things have seemed odd to me. When the people riding horseback found them, one of them said that Hannah had been heard saying "Now we're all in trouble". I think that is what she said. What would that mean? Also, all of her recent pictures look like a 20 year old not a 15-16 year old. She does seem mature for her age. At the funeral, before the service, she seemed very calm and detached, looked around and smiling. She did interviews and posted comments on line very soon after the tragedy when she must have been grieving. The whole truth can never be known because he is dead but you can see why the sister might have legitimate questions.

August 28, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kathryn

Very well put, agree 100%

August 29, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Jamie

There has been so many twists and turns in this case that I don't know what to believe. It's hard to say that DiMaggio was innocent or that Hannah is guilty of something or vice versa but the FBI and police do need to release whatever evidence they have. One thing is for sure though, this isn't an open and shut case and there's a reason why they're still investigating.

August 28, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Davy

I am SO glad he has a sister to bring some of these questions up. I believe in Occam's razor in many cases like this, simply appears as it seems to be, but here a lot of things felt "off", and I believe the FBI is still investigating. Hannah's instant social media response disturbed me but I was willing to accept that it's her generation's way of coping, healthy or not. But her interview really bugged my gut intuition. Lora was very careful to not implicitly accuse Hannah of anything specific, but like any familial death a painful process of clearly "eliminating" her as a suspect needs to be done.

August 28, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. karla81

she migh have a point, there is something about Hannah's behavior a woman can recognize that in a young girl ...you can see more pictures of the sister here

August 28, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Barbara

Is everyone serious here? Maybe she is trouble. That's not even the issue. The issue here is that man should have stayed away from that child! He had no business taking her anywhere or feeding into anything that she was doing.

August 28, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tim H

Finally someone with a voice of reason

August 28, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • john charles

This woman's brother is dead. There is no proof that he killed anyone or even set his own home on fire with the victims inside. She has every right to know what happened and the truth is not being told, yet.

August 28, 2013 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RogerThat

Just honestly requesting for the Proof and Facts. Not your child-adult emotional Sentimental drama. It is of Serious concern to every tax payer to know if there is a sociopath on the loose.

September 1, 2013 at 6:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. CZ1

Perhaps the place to begin is at the end. It's reported an FBI sharp-shooter struck DiMaggio in the head. Such a shot would have to be lined-up, meaning the target would be in a gun scope. The shooter would know if the suspect was armed and aiming a weapon. If the suspect fired, the agent should have detected a rifle recoil. Who fired the shot that was heard, and that resulted in DiMaggio being killed?

If DiMaggio fired the first shot, then it's presumed he knew an agent or agents were closing-in. Perhaps he chose death-by-cop suicide because the likelihood of holding off a small army of trained assault troops is very poor. At any rate, his death was almost guaranteed when that shot was fired.

August 28, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. STANAD

This case warrants further investigation. The people have spoken.

August 28, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. maxf

Could be she just hurting or her brother got played by the teen. She lie about the mother and brother and he got it in his head to save her from them. Or she did it and he took the blame trying to save her. But I ant proof too.

August 28, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Ramere Jones

Piers Morgan must not have anything worthy to put on his show.

This woman is a former drug addict and apparently fell off the 12 step wagon after all of this mess that she continues to try to profit from. Everyone that knows here knows she doesn't even have custody of her own kids and she's talking about a dead woman's kids? Really? How the hell can she even give CNN viewers a halfway decent perspective on Hannah Anderson when the courts took away her own kids.

That interview with this whack job is part of the reason why people have stopped watching CNN. To put someone with zero credibility on my TV screen who quite frankly looked like a total nutcase in defense of her murdering brother shows no judgement on this network's part.

August 28, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RogerThat

Your personal attacks on everyone are very impressive. Now shut it and let the facts come out. People / tax payers ought to know if there is a sociopath on the loose. We don't need your accusative Drama. We just need the simple facts.

September 1, 2013 at 6:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. bgg1175

Disgusting that CNN and Piers Morgan would give a slander and gossip platform to Lora DiMaggio. She is a sick and twisted individual who wants revenge for the death of her mutually crazy sibling.

CNN astounds and amazes with it's ability to reach new lows! Just when you think they've reach the bottom, they go deeper into the abyss of sleaze.

August 28, 2013 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RogerThat

What's wrong with requesting for simple Facts and proof?? Is it a crime to understand what went wrong?? Probably it will prevent future crimes if everyone knows the facts. What's there to hide?? Irrespective of the personal accusations here, I would say there is something fishy, bring out the facts.

September 1, 2013 at 6:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Felicity

Why was she trouble? Because "she was wearing really heavy eye makeup"

Says the lady wearing really heavy eye makeup.....

August 28, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Michelle

I have kept my mouth shut on this, but im sick of the idea that the Hannah girl might get off free, because the FBI shot this man and killed him without all the facts!! I feel so sorry for Lora!!! I have brothers and no matter what you think of James Demaggio, it is still her brother and she loves him. She has every right to know what happened here!! Every Right! CNN please help Lora!! A lot and I mean a lot of people want to know!!!

August 29, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RogerThat

I totally Agree !! CNN Way to go !! I really admire CNN for having the guts to try and bring out the Facts.

September 1, 2013 at 6:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. ptny

This woman Lora is more like a woman scorned than anything else I can compare her to. It's over. Her brother did not give up his life to save this girl. How ridiculous is Lora. This guy fired a shot first! End of story. If you were your bother's best friend...he'd have given you his money instead. You told your brother this girl is trouble? Hmmm woman scorned....or... or...do I smell incest?

August 30, 2013 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RogerThat

You must be another sociopath friend of Hannah or may be Hannah with different name. Its not about money or not about what ever you indulge yourself in. Its about knowing the facts as they are with proof. Very simple.

September 1, 2013 at 7:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Rebecca

This story has seemed screwy and questionable from the minute I heard that she was missing. And the longer it went on, even more questionable. I can't believe the FBI would shoot him without giving him a chance to defend himself. That does not seem like justice to me. The timer in the burned house? Why is DeMaggio being blamed for that? I think Hannah went with him on her own to get away from her mom maybe....I do not think DeMaggion kidnapped her. AND, I did not once see the dad grieving for his dead son.....he was more concerned about having a fund raiser for Hanniah....what does she need a fund raiser for???? Let's look at the dad for a while and see what his motives might have been. I don't know, the whole thing bothers me and I think there is much more to it than has come out. Writer Ann Rule would have fun with this one!

August 30, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. matt

Lora seems sense when I see her talk I believe her however as we see Hanna I do not have the same feeling my feeling is of disbelief. Especially after following Hanna Anderson inappropriate posts on her insigram that is a wealth questionable posts and writings.

September 1, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Celeste Cortes

Almost every "Conspiracy" involving San Diego Sherriff Bill Gore goes back to Medical contract and defense Contract Is this link why Hannah Anderson was not arrested and pertrade a "victim" because who the family is who like all family will protect their child. http://www.manta.com/c/mm2zw76/robert-l-anderson-inc Now go see what medical use Semiconductor provides

Now go see the defense purpuse

October 2, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Jo

If what Hannah is saying now is true, that DiMaggio was signalling for help, then his sister has good reason to believe they shot him needlessly.

October 11, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply