Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

August 29th, 2013

In Anderson abduction, Drew says ‘sacred obligation’ of protection violated

Tonight on "Piers Morgan Live," Dr. Drew Pinsky discusses the abduction of Hannah Anderson as well as Piers Morgan's riveting interview with Lora DiMaggio, the sister of James DiMaggio.

“How is it that a young 16-year-old could tolerate being abducted like this?” asks Dr. Drew, host of "Dr. Drew On Call." “How traumatic this must be for her. For all she knew, she was going on an outing with ‘Uncle Jim’.”

When spotted in Idaho’s Frank Church - Wilderness of No Return, Anderson even quietly expressed anxiety about being discovered. Pinsky believes such expression could have meant that DiMaggio convinced Anderson they “were hiding out for some reason.”

As the investigation into the ordeal continues, details regarding the kidnapping and eventual death of DiMaggio remain clouded. Tonight Dr. Drew stresses that no matter what Anderson is still a victim.

“Big people take care of little people,” said Dr. Drew. “Adults take care of minors. It’s a sacred obligation and if we allow those boundaries to become fluid or become violated in some way, it’s on us. Not on the 16-year-old.”

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's interview with Dr. Drew, and for the full interview with Lora DiMaggio tune in to "Piers Morgan Live" Friday at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Randy Boothe

Piers, here is a brilliant idea. Go back under the rock that you came from. We are so sick of your ideas being thrown at us and there is no way that we can discuss anything with you. Maybe why you were kicked off AGT, ASS.

August 29, 2013 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. max

He wants her to leave out of fear for her life

August 29, 2013 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • max

I talking about Zimmerman she said she like to have kids one day can you understand the fear of that now that they have to hide all the time?

August 30, 2013 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. max

That you will post but you have a problem with the truth the zimmermans life has been trashed she has to leave the both know it.

August 29, 2013 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. max

what I posted before was all the killing in the news these days from the jogger on what if there family fear for what there family member did?

August 30, 2013 at 12:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Mother

My best friend was thirteen years old when she started an affair with my so called dad and had there first child when she was fifteen yrs old then allowed to marry when she turned sixteen with parents concent. i was being abused by this sick man first but when he started a relationship with my friend I was happy that he left me alone. My friend was much older looking than thirteen yrs old she even acted like an adult. She wanted to be with him, she wanted to go on weekend trips with him or to the movies the store any place they could be together. Everyone in my school seen them together and knew what was going on but nothing was ever said or done except to me. I was bullied, called names etc I went through hell and tolerated beatings from this man. They married had three more children and this sick man abused all four of his own children but got caught and sent to prison, he died there taking a cowards death and starved himself to death. I was happy to hear that as I had been told the truth at age sixteen he was not my real father but my stepfather. After reading this case and story it reminds me of my own life 40 yrs ago. People say Hannah is a child well I see many 16 yr old young woman with children of there own they have a tv show 16 and pregnant etc. you see many young teenage girls that want older men or maybe a father figure wow they even dress to attract older men so why is it so hard to say she did nothing wrong? This man is not even around to defend himself and the only people who lost in this horrible story was a mother and her young son, who maybe knew the truth to what was going on? (something to think about) hannah anderson was not scared of this man as she took too many trips with him so she trusted him and I think she loved him in more ways than just being an uncle. Only one person around to give any kind of story now. So sad that a mother and son even a poor animal had to be killed and why take a cat? If this man loved her I do not think he threatend to kill her she is to strong of a young woman to be scared of him. She even said her mother taught her to be strong. I do not think she was scared of him. I think she wanted to be with him. This was a troubled family and a broken family but why kill the mother and a child? Did the little brother know something that was going to be told? DM must have known where her school was so why all the phone calls to give the directions? just does not add up there are alot of signs here that just dont add up and I hope the truth comes out as she may need some serious help. I sure as heck would not let my teenager be on the internet after a family member or brother were killed sorry. Wow I know we all have our own ways of dealing with grief but this one tops them all. I would have to say there was more going on and this young lady had known he had a crush on her like a daughter so why go on trips with him? but maybe she was also infatuated with him? 16 or not she looks and acts older and she went on many trips with a so called uncle because she wanted to and not forced. Dont let the age fool you 16 yr old know more than adults know these days and many look older, act older and are older mentally, just not legally. So sad that a mother, child and animal lost there lives that horrible day. She was too strong and even said her mother taught her to be strong. Maybe mother and DM had something going on but there was a reason behind the need to kill a mother and child. DM and HA should just have waited till she graduated it's just not right there was no need for killing anyone. Did HA know her mother was there? Did hannah not go say goodbye to her mom and brother before she left with a cat? She just walked out the door saying nothing? How did she know about the timer ? When was that told to her and what was she told about it. She seems like a strong headed young woman and had a chance to get help from people on horseback but says boy were in trouble now in a quiet voice to DM. I do not think she was scared of him she has been on trips with him alone many times sorry to sound so harsh but I have seen this kind of thing and been part of this kind of thing and there are too many young women out there that are enjoying an older man likeing them I bet it made her feel special and grown up even. If she did infact like DM or even love him she could have waited till she graduated. Kinda sick but there are young women out there that do prefer older men. My teenage daughter had a friend and she loved to give her attention to older men with hugs, sitting beside them, trying on new clothes asking there opinion, yes there are young women out there that are attracted to that and feel all grown up if they have an older man, they are even known to tease older men some are strong and refuse some are sick and take advantage. There is two sides to every story and I do not see that this was a kidnapping I think the mother and brother were killed for a reason sorry. So sad . How could she think she was going on a trip with DM if she knew the home was on a timer to burn? How and for what reason did she know it was on a timer? I just had to get this off my shoulders as I have seen too many young women aged sixteen that think they are so grownup and some are because they raise there siblings or other reasons. Don't let age fool you as sixteen year olds can look 21 and can even get fake ID just to get a man or in a bar or dance club. That is why I listen to teenagers talk as I get an ear full of information I am a mother that pretends not to listen but usually I do. Gosh they even get drunk at age sixteen and from pictures i seen of hannah and clothes she wears look at the statement she puts out there about herself . I would not allow my daughter out in public with makeup and dressed like that as i see it as an invitation and trouble. I hope this young lady gets some serious counsling as I think she needs it.

August 30, 2013 at 12:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. John Conners

I am sick of the "she's only 16", "she's a victim", "she's a teenager"....all three of those excuses suck. At the bottom of this after all the dust settles is one evil man. William Gore, San Diego County Sheriff. This is the "button down criminal of the century". Google the history of William Gore, FBI agent, and Sheriff. You will be shocked. Here is a San Diego TV station asking questions of Sheriff Gore and Gore refuses to answer anything ! When you don't answer to the people that pay your salary your hiding something. Thats Bill Gores history. Lies, 5th Amendment, more lies. Bill Gore is running for re-election and needs Hannah Anderson to "remain" a victim. He is suppressing evidence that could implicate Hannah Anderson in murder, given her relationship with her mother, she may have been the one who killed the mother. Check this post from CBS8 in San Diego......http://www.cbs8.com/story/23283594/missed-clues-in-hannah-anderson-kidnapping-case ////// After you finish that try this one .........Google Rebecca Zahau murder in San Diego and Bill Gore's sweeping it under the rug....many say he was paid millions by the mother of the prime suspect.

August 30, 2013 at 9:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Natasha

"Mother" makes excellent points, the same ones that many of us are pondering. It would be nice if more details were forthcoming, as there are too many things that do not make logical sense. One, is the murder of little Ethan. How on earth could he have been in the way, or considered to be a threat? It is extremely difficult to swallow, that an 8-year old boy was murdered by a man who was a family friend. It is also hard to swallow that his sister may have killed him. None of the possible scenarios for a motive for killing Ethan make one lick of sense. Christina's death also does not make sense, but the little boy???

September 12, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply