Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 21st, 2013

Jay Carney on HealthCare.gov: "The system is not failing"

Tonight, "Piers Morgan Live" welcomes White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on the heels of a less than stellar performance from the Healthgare.gov, part of the Obamacare system.

The host of "Piers Morgan Live," Piers Morgan asks Carney who is accountable for the errors. Carney tells him President Barack Obama is frustrated and adds part of the problem is due to the “enormous volumes of interest."

“This system is not failing - hundreds of thousands of Americans are submitting their applications successfully,” Carney says.

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's lively exchange with Jay Carney, and tune in tonight at 9 to hear from Karmel Allison, the woman who nearly fainted behind the president earlier Monday.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. Jeff Renston

Mr. Morgan. Have you tried to log onto the healthcare.gov website today (Monday, Oct 21)? It seems to be working quite well, now. Maybe a live demonstration on your show would be educational for all.

October 21, 2013 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Tim C

Question: with the NSA, CIA, FBI, IRS, telecommunication satellites and who knows what else monitoring everything from cell phones to internet access the administration unquestionably knows how many people have signed up for the ACA. My question is if they share the number, will the number breakdown by consumer. In order for the ACA to work, if 4 million people signed up and 3.5 million are high risk are there enough young people to offset the cost? If not then what, a new tax, a higher penalty, what if a young person says no and then suffers a serious injury, can the hospital deny care or does the taxpayer still pick up the tab? Knowing the numbers and what they represent are the only way to know if the ACA is working right.

October 21, 2013 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Lynette

THE republicans will shut down the world again if they cannot shut down obama care they really hate obama and they will anything to make him look bad well thats not going to happen because they are going to show what they are a bunch of red necks pepper woods. yeah i said that

October 22, 2013 at 12:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Luke

Dear sweet lord! You frothy mouthed, empty headed liberal drones are priceless! No matter what happens, it will always, ALWAYS be somebody else's fault, right? Turns out we, don't need to do very much to make Obama look bad, his signature healthcare program is an unmitigated disaster, and since he rammed this down our throats, threw temper tantrums until he got his way, and generally acted like a two year old with a lot of authority, this is ALL. HIS. FAULT. ON. HIS. OWN!

What's that old saying? Give an idiot enough rope and eventually he'll hang himself? Looks like you liberals are taking care of that by yourselves very nicely.

I truly hope my message has given you an apoplectic seizure, not bad for a redneck pepper wood (whatever that is).

October 22, 2013 at 1:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Seth

I'll be honest. I'm 34 years old, I'm healthy and I go to school at the moment. I honestly don't see the point to buying the health insurance because of a couple simple reasons.

A. I don't make enough to be able to cover myself.
    B. Even if i could afford the premiums I cant afford the deductibles.

Now realizing that I'm a young individual who is healthy and doesn't have a whole lot of cash to just make everyone happy. Why should I do this? Because here's the facts about this whole argument which has to be sold to everyone in order for this plan to work.

The real fact is that you have to sell the younger crowd on this issue so that the plan will work. I find that a hard sell because the fact is that the vast majority of folks that are 26 and up are still looking for a job and for one thing having a hard time finding a real job right now. If they cant find or don't have a job how are they suppose to afford this?

Also even if they have a job, most likely, its part-time. Which means they most likely will not be covered underneath the jobs insurance because their employers wont cover them and if they do, their paychecks are next to nothing because whats taken out of those checks covers the insurance, fed tax, state tax( if the state takes tax), medicare, medicaid and social security, what are you left with? Next to nothing. So that in turn means I have to work even more to be able to keep a roof over my head and food in my stomach. Not to mention pay for school and all my other bills. Yeah, I could do what most do and file for loans to pay for school but why live in debt? Because the fact is I don't like to live in debt, because that's more people I have to talk to when they complain that they didn't get there money. So again I'm compelled to ask, why should I buy this? Is it to make you happy, or Uncle Sam happy or the insurance companies even more happy then they already are?

Because the truth is even getting everyone covered doesn't make this affordable for everyone. You have to bring not only the premiums but also the deductible to realistic and reasonable level in order for me to even consider this as a viable option. Because your not forcing the insurance companies hand to make this more affordable by getting everyone covered all your doing is giving them more money to play with. Thereby not really solving the problem just creating more avenues for this problem to go. So again why are we doing this?

Personally, I like the idea in theory. However, until you force the insurance companies hand to not only bring their premiums but also their deductibles down, I think this is going to be a hard sell for the younger crowd.

October 22, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Zak McCombs

Lol, yes this so called "health care" is a disaster just like everyone told you it would be, you were just to ignorant to listen to the facts. To everyone else dont worry its gona collaps all by its self, and to all the idiots who think it was the Republicans who shut down government and all their programs for the lazy, when republicans passed several bills to fund it and all the Dumbocrats and Obanya stomped their feet like 3rd graders and said very clearly its ether obamacare or no government at all, you can sleep in that bed you made also, its all yours! lol, but i really came on to thank Piers for the gun debate on his show recently, I am a pro-gun freedom lover and want to thank him because he sounded so silly that our pro-gun sites are now jamed with interest, Piers you did almost as much good for us as Obama lol! And by the way Piers in 2012 didnt you say if the U.S. didnt reform their gun laws that you would deport yourself back to Brittany (lol, girls name, i thought i should explain that to the people who watch his show) well i think its time, you say you dont want to live in a country with freedom for the individual and we dont want you here (just look at your ratings), so goodby and goodridens, you wont be missed!

October 22, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • vanessa Renda

I am a divorced mom that makes $3,000 a month. After paying my rent , car and other bills I have nothing left over I can't afford the new health care. I have nothing left over. I am scared because I am going to be fined. Please help people like me.

October 30, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Vanessa Renda

I am scared Piers! I am a nanny and being a nanny is not a nanny can end at any time. I don't ask for anything and I work hard. I am scared ! I have asthma. I can not go to the doctor because I can't afford it. I am scared! I can't afford this. When I do my taxes this year I will owe and get fined. I see my self homeless in the future I am so so scared. I don't want to let my kids down. I cry myself asleep at night. I am scared.

October 30, 2013 at 10:44 am | Report abuse | Reply