Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 21st, 2013

Woman nearly faints behind president, joins Piers to share her embarrassing story

As the president gave a press conference in the Rose Garden earlier Monday, a woman nearly fainted behind him. "Piers Morgan Live" invited Karmel Allison to the program to check in on her health and learn the finer details.

"Next thing I knew I was being caught by the president and thinking 'wow that just happened,'" Allison told Piers Morgan. "I am extremely embarrassed that I fainted but honored still to have been there."

Allison joined the president today because of a blog she wrote describing her Type 1 Diabetes and the insurance coverage she has though she's always been unsure:

"[I] have always lived with the fear that, you know what, 'if something happens, I want to move out of California, if I needed a job that was somewhere else, that might not be possible because it's too expensive or I won't be able to get coverage if I leave my current coverage,'" she explained.

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's interview with Karmel Allison, and for the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. max

you say you live in a country where you get heath care for free. my question is than is why are you here? I mean if its so great there why are you not there and your here? is it due to they would taxs you over there so much you would not be rich like you are over here? and where is that fair for the ones that can not leave and come here and work? may be you should have to pay the tax for your coutry for the money you make here. that would be fair don't you think?

October 22, 2013 at 12:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • joe gardner

You people have been conned All staged watch the setup on other sites not so easily fooled

October 24, 2013 at 10:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. max

by the way, did you get the point that its not about the gun but the bullying. you know. what you do to the ones that come on your show.

October 22, 2013 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Melissa

She's pregnant and a type 1 diabetic. Insulin needs are unpredictable in pregnancy. Why is that an "embarrassing" incident?

October 22, 2013 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. ch

I live in another state, have had type 1 for 40 years, and have NEVER been denied insurance coverage. Don't know what the big deal is about. Lady, you can move out of CA if you want.

October 22, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. ch

totally agree with max's first statement!

October 22, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Barry Shea

That's just like Obama: Interfering with a woman's natural right to pass out.

October 23, 2013 at 4:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Jim My

I also have been a type 1 for over 14 years, and have many low bs events in my life, yet never, no not once, have I ever "fainted" while still being able to stand. The fact that she associated this with diabetes in too funny even for this dumb old guy. More than likely the fainting was bought on by her pregnancy, and not a diabetic condition. Let's see what is fainting; "To fall into a usually brief state of unconsciousness" well did anyone here see her loose consciousness? The outright exploitation of this event, not only by the media, but the president himself, is sickening. Why does the president need a prop for everything he is doing? Or selling?

October 23, 2013 at 5:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • gayle

Have you ever been a pregnant woman with diabetes, Jim? Somehow, I think not.

October 27, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. K

Boy Pierce, I bet you feel like a chump:
    Obama and his lying team of followers FAKED THE WHOLE THING!!
    How about you don't report lies and falsehoods. WE'RE NOT THE IDIOTS THE PRESIDENT AND MEDIA SEEM TO THINK WE ARE

http:// www weeklystandard com/blogs/conspiracy-theorist-contends-obama-s-fainting-lady-was-faked_764596.html

October 24, 2013 at 12:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. joe gardner

Pier Morgan you got conned with fake faint check out slow video all over internet

October 24, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply