Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 31st, 2013

"Piers Morgan Live, Rewind": Arsenio Hall on politics in America and Chris Brown, Politicians debate Obamacare

Whether you fell asleep early, stayed out too late, or simply want to watch it again, we realize it's not always possible to get your entire "Piers Morgan Live" fix from television. As an answer to this, we offer the below labor of love – "Piers Morgan Live, Rewind" – dedicated and designed to getting you caught up and connected to the conversation.

• Arsenio: "I feel sad for this country"

On Wednesday evening Piers Morgan invited fellow television host Arsenio Hall to join him in studio for a live interview, during which the wide-ranging conversation touched about everything from Obamacare, to the latest exploits of Chris Brown.

Roughly two months into his latest project – "The Arsenio Hall Show" – Hall offered his political perspective:

“I feel sad for our country because I’m a ‘Republocrat’ and I believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle,” he said.

Speaking specifically about public service, however, Hall notes that the modern era has yielded a culture similar to that of celebrity life:

“You can’t even be successful in politics, Piers, if you’re the common man,” said Hall.

• Arsenio Hall on Chris Brown “I don't think he's a bad kid, I think he's a kid doing a bad thing.”

Wednesday night saw "Piers Morgan Live" invited Arsenio Hall to join the program, asking the comedian to share his thoughts on everything from the political world to the entertainment industry.

As the topic turned to the recent troubles of performer Chris Brown, "The Arsenio Hall Show" host expressed concern:

“If Mike's [Tyson] worried about your behavior you really should check yourself,” said Hall, referencing the infamous boxer known for once biting off a chunk of another fighter's ear.

While Brown may be getting attention from his bad boy behavior, Morgan wondered if Hall had any sympathy for the 24-year-old recording artist.

“Yeah, because gosh he's such a talented entertainer, and you got to think that somewhere in his past there's some kind of pain," he told the "Piers Morgan Live" host. "I don't think he's a bad kid, I think he's a kid doing a bad thing.”

• Members of congress battle over Obamacare

On Wednesday night, Piers Morgan invited Congressman Frank Pallone and Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn to join the program, asking the political duo to discuss the most recent issues related to Obamacare.

Welcoming the pair via satellite, Morgan inquired as to whether or not his guests felt the President’s repeated promise of American's keeping their current insurance plan was “just a lie.”

Pallone, a ranking member of the Subcommittee on Health, repeatedly argued that insurance plans previous to Obamacare are “almost a scam,” in the process praising the president's option:

“We're offering a good insurance policy at an affordable price," he told Morgan. "If Marsha says I want to keep some lousy plan that's a scam, well, the insurance company isn't going to sell it anymore because nobody's going to buy it and that's the bottom line.”

Blackburn, meanwhile, the Vice Chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said Obamacare’s “numbers just don’t work,” going on to refute Pallone's claims:

“Individuals have been able to buy insurance or employers able to offer insurance that suited the needs of families and they have been placed with their insurance," she noted. "[It's] insulting to people to say, ‘Oh, the insurance you've had is a scam’."

• Reince: Obama lied

On Wednesday, Piers Morgan welcomed Reince Priebus, asking the Chairman of the National Republican Committee to share his perspective on Obamacare.

"The President lied,” said the guest. "Millions of people are being asked to sign on to a system that they can't sign on to and then they're also getting notices by the hundreds of thousands that their health care is being dropped. And then they're finding out that they're going to pay more money."

Above all, Priebus expressed disappointment in the impact Obamacare is having on the public:

"It's a lot of broken promises from the President and it's terrible for the American people," he claimed. "I think it's a crisis that we have to address immediately.”

As the conversation continued, Priebus insisted that Obamacare will ultimately do the country an extreme disservice:

“I think more and more people are going to see that fighting over the implementation of a law that would be terrible for the American people is worth it," said Priebus. "You're going to see Democrats coming to the table because they're going to be shamed into admitting that the President lied and that it's a law that would be a disaster for the American people."

For the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

1. Bernice Caprini

I will not watch Piers Morgan TV show when he is interviewing Ann Coulter. I think she is the most disgusting, bias person on TV. Leave her off.

October 31, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jerry Silcott

I agree 100% Bernice.

October 31, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • quillerm

So it's true, if you want to get a liberal upset use facts and the truth.

November 4, 2013 at 7:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jenny

I agree with KOW. People all over Houston talked about George H W Bush and Jennifer Fitzgerald but the American press said NOT A WORD. And the airplanes of 9-11 were hijacked for an hour or more and GWB and his boss Cheney didn't even have any U S air defense – WHY? WHY did the press zip their lips? Medicare Advantage supposedly cost 14% MORE than Medicare and, in the minds of many, it is designed to get rid of Medicare which will KILL the poor and middle class – but the press just zips their lips. Praise the Repugs – is the motto of the U S press and promote your hate when you can dig up anything about the Dems. It is disgusting and I won't watch Piers Morgan anymore.

November 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jenny

Liberals tell the truth and we do get upset at Repub lies.

November 15, 2013 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • libertarian

I can't stand Piers Morgan nor Ann Coulter so that is not a tough decision. CNN keeps a bit of a leash on Morgan, but you can tell he hates conservatives. Coulter represents what people like Morgan hate lol

November 29, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jerry Silcott

Don't understand why Piers sits there and lets Ann Coulter spew her lies and filth. Al Franken got her right in her book.

October 31, 2013 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • quillerm

Now you know how we feel about Obama on the News, watching him lie about the issues to deceive low information leftists and other gullible Americans is disgusting. Obamacare lies are the tip of the Iceberg.

November 4, 2013 at 8:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jenny

WHEN YOU

November 15, 2013 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jerry Silcott

I like to hear different views, but Ann Coulter is a self serving, liar. I like Piers Morgan, much better than Larry King, but he is no Diane Ream.

October 31, 2013 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. KOW

Ann has no common conversation, she doesnt understand that every time she opens her mouth it makes her uglier & uglier.

Actually I find myself feeling more & more distance from even watching "THE PIERS MORGAN SHOW" lately.. a minute ago I would tell people how much I loved Piers, but not so much lately.

November 3, 2013 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. KOW

Mr. Hall
    After seeing you on piers show, I'm now wondering if you've lost any viewers on your brand new show. Your interview was NOTHING as I expected. You went on that show and degraded everyone you all spoke of.
    All I can say now is when I look at you.. all I see is a man that looks like someone's GRAND-MA!

November 3, 2013 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. quillerm

I tried to watch a few minutes of MSNBC's Morning Show but the whole group were trying to justify Obama's lies about Obamacare. Don't they realize they we, the audience, are not a bunch of ignorant sheep? We know that Obama and his key Officials conspired to deceive the American people, through lies and misinformation, about Obamacare. We can't keep our doctors. We can't keep our current Insurance. Most of us will pay far more for Medical care. In fact, millions can't afford the new premiums and deductibles. We will be FORCED TO DROP OUR MEDICAL COVERAGE AND PAY FINES TO THE IRS. This is the most disgusting corrupt Administration we have ever had in America. They should be treated as criminals, for perpetuating this massive FRAUD ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. The freedom for us to choose has been taken away through fraud, lies, and deceit, by the Democrat Party.

November 4, 2013 at 7:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • KOW

Quillerm,
      I believe before you went on MSNBC your mind was already made up. If Obama lied, of I agree.. it wasnt the right thing to do. But you sound like you never heard a lie before and it is the end of the world. NEWS FLASH! We have been lied to for ever, and it sounds like you would like PRESIDENT OBAMA to take the heat for all the liars. Have you EVER watched fox news??? THEY ARE THE BIGGEST FRAUDS FOR AMERICANS and I really feel for all the ignorant people that fall for the crap they rank out daily.
      They remind of the jim jones follower's in the drowning waters..

November 4, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply