Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

November 8th, 2013

Warren Buffett on cell phones, email, and material goods

Coming up tonight at 9, Piers Morgan opens his New York studio for a very special edition of his primetime program, one that he aptly calls "Three Generations of Buffett."

With business tycoon Warren Buffett sitting by his son, Howard Graham Buffett, and his grandson Howard Warren Buffett, talk turns to technology, and the "Piers Morgan Live" host encourages the Buffett patriarch to produce his cell phone.

"This is the one Alexander Graham Bell gave me," jokes Buffett, as he reveals a Nokia flip phone, a relic as compared to today's smart phones. "I don't throw anything away until I've had it 20 or 25 years."

Switching from mobile to mail, Morgan asks his guest about the land of InBoxes and Spam.

"I sent one e-mail in my life," reveals Warren Buffett. "I sent it to Jeff Raikes at Microsoft and it ended up in court in Minneapolis, so I am one for one."

Whether its automobiles, phones, computers, or property, Buffett insists against the excessive collection of material goods:

"I have everything I want. I'm happy."

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's conversation with the Buffetts, including the tale of Howard Warren Buffett's childhood farm and car loan, and for the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. Gloria Harper

Dear Mr.Buffet
    I'm asking you and your family to help my mom and younger sister.They are so poor but they are very proud of what they have.My mom need a new up dated home,she live in a small town call Marion Alabama.My younger sister lives in Houston TX she works hard but her jobs pays very little.She is suffering from several medical conditions.Im really not a beggar but they need help.It make me extremely sad to see how they are suffering.Im not in a financial situation to help them,but any help you can give would be greatly appreciate.

November 15, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Gloria Harper

Dear Mr.Buffet
    Please help my mom and younger sister

November 15, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jackie Mckenzie

Dear Mr. Buffet,
    I would like to speak to you on some inventions idea. I know
    you would be very please to be a part of. You can call me at
    662-587-2643 or e-mail. I have begin everything already but
    need you in the plans.

November 18, 2013 at 8:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. silah ogutu

Dear Mr. Buffet,

I am from Kenya and a pastor for a small church. I would like you request your assistance. We lack church instruments and a plot to put up a church. I therefore request for your humble assistance so that we may have a place to worship God. You can contact me via my email.

November 21, 2013 at 2:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jackie Mckenzie

Dear Mr.Buffet,
    I have technology inventions if we can talk I can show you what I know.
    Thanks,

November 21, 2013 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Sal

We are in desperate need of help, our house is falling apart and we have no money to fix it. Water comes in every time it rains, the cold comes in from the holes in the wall and its not healthy for any of us. I am not asking for a new house or millions of dollars. I am asking for you to send contractors to gut our house to the bones and remodel it. We only ask for you to help us live in a normal house with warmth and a comfortable dry feeling. please...

December 26, 2013 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. koneti suresh

Sir i inspired that you sir any way wish you happy new year this suresh don't forget me

January 3, 2014 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Irada

Dear Warren Buffett
    i am from Azerbaijan
    please help me
    +994 557050664

January 21, 2014 at 3:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. sharda gupta

I WANT TO MEET YOU I AM MAKE GOOD SOCIEL WORK BUT MY NEAR NO MONEY AVL. I MAKE A GREAT MATHMAGANDHI PLS HELP ME ONE TIME PLS I MEETING Y

February 12, 2014 at 4:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. koneti suresh

respected sir ,
    i k.suresh, am from nellore i am inspired that you this is a not joking promise me but i have some problem so i need one help you just i want "o"+ve kidney plz sir ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and i will once again promise me sir your a like and love plz contact to this number 9652004959 plz help me sir

February 25, 2014 at 9:04 am | Report abuse | Reply