Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

November 15th, 2013

Nick Cannon on Barack Obama: “He signed on with the best intentions"

Coming up this evening at 9, Piers Morgan welcomes actor, comedian, musician, businessman, and former “America’s Got Talent” co-hort Nick Cannon to join him in studio for an interview as wide-ranging as the guests own endeavors.

Cannon is currently hosting "America's Got Talent" and this weekend's upcoming "TeenNick" HALO awards, but also has a new album out entitled “White People Party Music,” as well as a new line of ties at Macy’s.

However, Morgan had more serious issues in mind, inquiring as to Cannon's stance on Obamacare.

Despite Morgan calling his program an “unmitigated disaster,” Cannon – who sang at the president’s inauguration – was quick to offer his continued support:

“When he was elected, he signed on with the best intentions. I mean when you think about giving ... everyone in America free health care, that idea is amazing," Cannon noted. "When you dig deep into it, you find out it's a lot more difficult than that. And - I wish one day we can have that, and I feel like we'll work to that. But because there are so many things, and so many others that don't want us to have that ... there's been a lot of glitches."

Citing Obama’s lowest-ever approval ratings ever, Morgan asked Cannon what he would say to the president to help him reignite faith during the latter part of his tenure:

“Oh, I would say, ‘hey, haters are help and we don't argue with the help.’ That's what I would say to him,” joked the man married to pop star Mariah Carey. “He's been one of those people ... that I look to - because I know he has so much pressure on him and he handles it so well. And, I ultimately would just say, 'continue to do your job.'”

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's interview with Nick Cannon, and for the full edition of "Piers Morgan Live" watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Lord Toronaga

I think Nick Cannon should just disappear. I saw his incredibly caustic and racially motivated movie called "White Chicks". Why does Nick get to put on "White Face" makeup and insult blond haired / blue eyed women ? Why doe he get a free pass ?

November 15, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • joscelyne ahiable

please Lord Toronaga, you are obviously one of those people who think all black people look the same...and that is racist and ignorant as well as intolerant. plus i am guessing you failed to read the closing credits too. right? because nick cannon was NOT in white chicks!!! check your facts you ignoramus!!!

November 16, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • lord toronaga

It is indeed a fact that Nick Cannon was not in the movie "White Chicks". The movie was a Shaun and Marlin Wayons movie. I mistakenly identified the wrong person. My mistake was seeing parts of the movie on Youtube and seeing the picture on the internet where he posed in front of the movie poster in a publicity photo. I am sorry and full concede to joscelyne ahiable. I also accept her rather stinging assessment of my posting. I also apologize to President Obama because another poster read my stupid comment and criticized you.

November 17, 2013 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
      • lord toronaga

I almost forgot. I'm sorry Nick Cannon and to your family. I am a jerk and ashamed. This was a good lesson for me.

November 17, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. shahlastee

You are just like the rest.
    To get the numbers you are willing to play any game.At least this president and Hillery Clinton before him put themselves on the line to get every American one of the basic rights as a human being.
    Every child has a God given right to food shelter a loving home education and health care.
    If this president only achieves the health care for all the children of America that is one step towards the betterment of America.
    We should want that for all the children in the world.
    Non of you care about that.
    All you care about is the rating so why any one of you should support a president who has put himself on the line to do that.
    You can't wait to tare him a part rather help him to lift up every child with equal right and opportunity to health care.
    Why should you care.
    She/he is not your child.
    But you may not know it every child is your child.
    God bless this president who wants it for all our children.

November 15, 2013 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Crow T Robot

It's funny...Romney invents universal healthcare and makes it work. He however gets called every name in the book and doesn't get elected.

November 15, 2013 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Tom Servo

I can't believe this racist fool got to be at President Obama's inauguration. Did you not see him in insulting "White face" makeup in White Chicks .. Mr President ? Hmmmmmm . I can't believe he is on this show. This is one reason why so many conservatives hate you. You need to distance yourself from idiots like Cannon.

November 15, 2013 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Simon Smith

"Best intentions"...pfft. best intensions does not run a country neither advice "keep doing what your doing" when you are failing badly. This guy is a divider not a uniter. Blame everyone else is his motto and then when he does admit something he goes to sleep.

November 16, 2013 at 7:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Mary Baker

I keep hearing how many people have lost their Health Insurance. I would like an idea how as to how many people will be losing their possible coverage should The Affordable Health Care Act be dismantled. Shame.
    I also am disgusted to know the Insurance Companies have been selling sub-standard policies to so many people, I am sure they made a lot of money on that deal...reminds me of the big mortgage scandal the banks enjoyed until they got caught.

November 17, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply