Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

November 27th, 2013

Mike Tyson on "Knockout" game: "There's just some evil people"

As part of a special pre-holiday edition of "Piers Morgan Live," this evening at 9 the program welcomes Mike Tyson for a face to face interview that promises to serve a hearty helping of personality, and several side dishes of candor.

As a terrifyingly dangerous trend has given birth to a street "game" entitled "knockout," Piers Morgan asks the former boxing champion for his reaction to an activity which centers around the sucker-punching of unsuspecting strangers in hopes of rendering them unconscious.

"I don't make anything of it, it doesn't make any sense, it's a game to some people. I don't think it's cool," says the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF heavyweight titles. "I saw one guy hit a woman, hit a girl, from behind."

Joining the host in his Los Angeles studio, the guest admits that a younger version of himself might have participated in a similar brand of violence, but under entirely different circumstances:

"If I was on a robbing spree, if I'm robbing somebody, yeah, when I was a young kid I've done something like that. But this is just for fun, these guys ... there's just no purpose of doing it," says the man once nicknamed "Iron" Mike. "I just couldn't imagine. The only thing I could imagine, that being my daughter. Or my wife."

Asked by the Morgan how anyone could engage in such brazen yet cowardly behavior, and Tyson finds himself at a loss:

"I have no idea. I don't have no idea. I just don't know, maybe they're just evil. There's just some evil people."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, then tune in this evening as the member of both the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame opens up about his mother, his father, and his late daughter.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. Commander Zsvartz

This thug admitted to a life of mugging people from his youth to adulthood. He ran with a wolfpack.
    He was managed by gangster Don King and did steroids and cocaine throughout
    his career and ruined the heavyweight division of boxing.
    Bring on Don King to refute what this slug has to say.

November 27, 2013 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Charles

Always knew that Piers was something of an idiot, pandering to the left at every opportunity, but I am amazed that Mr. Morgan or the network that he shills for would ever consider promoting the thoughts of such a drug addicted moron

November 27, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Larry Bender

Add convicted rapist to the list.

November 28, 2013 at 12:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Daniel

Actually, she lied. Curb your hate.

December 10, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andre

You mean like your precious Rush Limbaugh? You sir are a judgmental hypocrite and I would much rather in in a country full of Mike Tyson's than you.

November 29, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mark

@ Andre... I not sure but, I don't think Rush Limbaugh Pander's to the left ?
        As for Hypocrites, We don't have to move much further than the interviewer of mike Tyson to know how hoping defecating in other's mouth's to pander or shock is evil too?
        I'd rather live in a world full of Mike Tysons than a person like you that can't see one damn thing for what it is... evil
        STHU

November 29, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hamid

Tyson was in Mecca

November 27, 2013 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. tjt

I think Mike stated something very profound " no one has exclusivity to pain"

November 27, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. chrisann

My black crush...Mike Tyson and my white crush...Charlie Sheen..You made my night all the way in the caribbean.

November 27, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. mikeygib

Mike Tyson and Rachel Jeantel ( Trayvon's girlfriend ) are about equal intellectually. Why Piers Morgan imposes what they have to say upon the CNN audience is beyond me.

November 30, 2013 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Danger911

I'm more surprised that the "knockout game" discussions omit the fact that they are racial hate crimes! Black on white!

December 16, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply