Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 4th, 2013

Neil Heslin on celebrating another holiday season without his son: “I will probably take the Christmas tree down that I never took down from last year"

Nearly one year since the tragic events of the Newtown school shooting shocked the nation, and much of the world, on Wednesday audio recordings of the Sandy Hook Elementary School 911 calls were released.

Joining "Piers Morgan Live" for a face to face interview, Neil Heslin offered his reactions:

“I wish they weren’t released,” said the man who lost his 6-year-old son Jesse Lewis on that devastating day. “It’s just a sad reminder of what happened and clearly the day is etched in my mind, December 14th.”

With the one year anniversary of the massacre approaching, Heslin spoke of facing another holiday season without his child:

“I will probably take the Christmas tree down that I never took down from last year," Heslin shared with Piers Morgan. "We never decorated it. Jesse and I set it up after Thanksgiving and we were planning on decorating it that weekend.”

Watch the above clip for more of Morgan heartbreaking interview with Neil Heslin, and for the next episode of "Piers Morgan Live," tune in to CNN at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. bagladyboutique

Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

December 4, 2013 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Terryshilo

Mr. Heslin has been so straightforward and sharing of his emotions, I hope in his years to come that one day he doesn't sound so terribly sad. Everyone in their own time... and Neil deserves as much as he needs. As a man, I feel like walking up and giving the guy a big hug. Losing my younger brother changed my parents forever, it was sudden and without notice and they have improved over the years. Yet, there's always a lingering sadness. As much I wanted to have children of my own, I really am glad I in no way will ever know what this pain is. It was difficult enough losing my brother. May God continue to bless him and obviously little Jesse R.I.P.

December 5, 2013 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. stella

Good for you, Piers, for doing what all American journalists should be doing – pointing out the ludicracy of the gun-ho American culture and the ridiculousness of the Second Amendment in modern times.
    Thank you for being the voice of reason!

December 5, 2013 at 7:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Zolicon

Hey My Friend please don't focus on the Holidays that You will spend with out Your Son.Instead focus on the memories of the Holiday's You had with Him.
    On August 5th 1989 My now ex-wife gave birth to our Son.He only live for 4 hours and died.
    I am not saying forget Your Son but dewelling on the loss will destroy Your holiday season and it will do the same to those who are still with You.

December 5, 2013 at 11:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. brlhome

Reblogged this on BRL MUSIC.

December 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Commander Zero

Waiting for the interview with Uncle Omar. Hope its before Uncle Nelson's funeral.
    More BO 24/7.

December 5, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. rock

Things will never change, not just with the gun issue, but with everything. Congress is not there to do good for the the country, they're there to do good for themselves and for the people who pad their pockets. There will be another gun tragedy, another corporate bail out, more insider trading that will be brushed under the rug. The country is headed for disaster, because regular people have no say as to what goes on. Corporate insiders make millions many times over, while the employees get layed off, benefits cut, etc, while the prices keep going up. Energy companies, wow, keep raping consumers while executives keep cashing in. This is cool with Congress, being that they're being paid as well

December 9, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply