Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 18th, 2013

"Piers Morgan Live, Rewind": Ann Coulter on "beige" Jesus, a routine tonsillectomy goes horribly wrong, and Barbara Walters wishes Piers Morgan well

Whether you fell asleep early, stayed out too late, or simply want to watch it again, we realize it's not always possible to get your entire "Piers Morgan Live" fix from television. As an answer to this, we offer the below labor of love – "Piers Morgan Live, Rewind" – dedicated and designed to getting you caught up and connected to the conversation.

• Ann Coulter: Jesus Christ was "sort of beige"

On Tuesday, Piers Morgan invited Ann Coulter to join him for a primetime interview, asking the outspoken media personality to offer her thoughts on the recent race debate surrounding Santa Claus and Jesus Christ.

"It is every movie made about Santa Claus, he lives at the North Pole," she told the "Piers Morgan Live" host, insisting that Saint Nick is in fact Caucasian. "You go find black Santa at the North Pole. He's White, Piers."

Turning to Christ, Coulter noted that unlike Santa Claus, Jesus was in fact an actual person, not a mythical character.

"He was a Jew. I mean, if you want to tell me Jews aren't white, okay. But he's Jewish. So, whatever that is," she said. "If you call Jews white, I mean you can argue with me, maybe they're beige ... he's not black, he's Middle Eastern. Maybe he's sort of beige, Piers."

As for the woman who jump started the debate, Morgan's 9 p.m. rival from FOX News? Coulter only wished she could have landed in the middle of the controversy:

"I'm insanely jealous of Megyn Kelly. I wish liberals would jump on me for saying something so obvious."

• Mom of tonsillitis victim: "I love my child"

In a heartbreaking story that Piers Morgan routinely described as being a "parent's nightmare," on Tuesday evening the host spoke live with Nailah Winkfield, whose daughter Jahi McMath has been classified as brain-dead following what was initially thought to be a routine tonsillectomy:

"I really don't know the reason what happened but I know she bled a whole lot and it took them a long time to call the doctor," explained an emotional Winkfield. "I sat there and I watched my daughter bleed out her mouth and her nose and finally when her, I'm sorry, I just think she bled too much."

As Morgan noted that the hospital is pressuring the family to remove Jahi from life support, the young girl's mother offered her reasons for resisting:

"I don't want to take my daughter off life support because I love my child and I walked her into that hospital and she was perfectly fine," she said. "I really feel like she can wake up. I feel like it's just been a really rough week for her and if they just give her some more time then she'll be able to wake up."

Seated beside Nailah Winkfield, Jahi's uncle spoke on behalf of the family, explaining their confidence and positivity:

"Our faith is so strong that we don't even think about the possibility of death," said Omari Sealey. "We don't even think about that. We were told today that, you know, right now everything that's going wrong with her that she's healing, because she's on the ventilator. And as I stated earlier, that's a good thing. She's healing, she's resting, and we believe with all the prayers from everyone around the world and the prayers with our family that she will wake up and she will heal completely."

• Walters to Morgan: "You are so good on the air"

On Tuesday evening, Piers Morgan welcomed television legend Barbara Walters for a primetime interview.

And although the host showered his guest with the type of praise an icon might be used to receiving, Walters was quick to return the favor:

"I just want to say, I don't know how to put it, but how fond I am of you, because you and I have known each other for a while," she noted. "And I think you are so good on the air, and you've always been very kind. So I just want to wish you and your family everything wonderful at this time of the year."

For the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

1. Peter Castle

Ann Coulter says outrageous things to get attention, as pointed out in the new book, Never Trust Ann Coulter – at ANY Age, at http://www.coulterwatch.com/never.pdf.

December 19, 2013 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • IBABSR

I am outraged that this woman, whose lack of any kind of knowledge of marijuana, is allowed to spew her lies. I am almost 62 years old and have been using marijuana since the young age of 15. Now, because of side effects of chemotherapy i have a medical marijuana license. I could not function without marijuana and maybe I am addicted but this is better than the alternative. And who is not addicted to their anit-depressants. Don't ever stop those puppies cold turkey. I function and am very productive except for my disabilities. I take my doses just like I would with any prescription drug. I would love to have a debate with this woman. I would love to have her get to know me without knowing that I use marijuana. See if she can tell...see what she thinks of my life.

January 23, 2014 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Sue Z

IBABSR....you cannot compare recreational to medicinal use, just as you cannot compare morphine's use for surgery or end-of-life comfort. We have too many people who are mentally unstable as it is who are mixing their addictions. It becomes a problem when one is unstable and has suicidal or homicidal tendencies to mix them with drugs that are mood altering and can enhance their demons. These people are all over in society and put innocent people at risk. You have an illness that needs comfort care...totally different scenario.

February 7, 2014 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
      • MareRocks

Sue Z talks about "demons"–that's religion talk. There are no such things as demons. We have to keep this scientific.

February 8, 2014 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. Martin

I am an licensed RN, but have not actually worked as an RN. This should not have happened to this child, this is nurse neglect and I should see some lawsuits. Hemorrhage is a well known complication of toncillectomy. If the child was bleeding red blood (not brown) then the nurse should have notified the physician right away so that the physician can find the source of the bleeding and cauterize it. Jahi should not have been allowed to eat or drink ANYTHING until it was established that she was not bleeding. A nurse should have used a penlight to look in the child's mouth or used a stethescope to auscultate the child's lungs for crackles.
    One of the articles that I red said that Jahi was sitting up wearing a gown soaked in her own blood and holding a cup of her own blood. The mother asked the nurses, "Is this normal?" My answer, "Hell, no!!!!" This is nurse negligence.

December 21, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Nick

Is this woman even on the same planet as the rest of us.

January 22, 2014 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. MareRocks

We humans are ALL somewhere between beige&brown. If birds & fish only knew how some humans snap out between a spectrum of beige&brown, how they would laugh!

I have a blue male betta & a red female beta & a black snail. The snail jumped the tank & the bettas were horrified that they might lose their friend. They took turns staring into the opening of his shell until he came out. Not only are they all different colors, but we are talking different species.

Ms Coulter spews nothing but hate. She passed bomb-thrower years ago. She is a bigger bully than Christie. I wonder why media still gives her air time. Her screeds are pure venom. It takes no talent to spew hate–Hitler was a champion of playing on peoples' darker emotions (limbic system). Yeah, that was a real value added part of history (sarcasm).

When you see creatures much lower on the evolutionary scale showing love & some humans so consumed by hate, I can only wonder, are humans devolving?

January 24, 2014 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Nasreen

Science VS God and Evolution:
    When I hear report about Global Warming; whether it is done by God or this is a science! The response is, the system in the world is established by Almighty creator, we can't change the path of sun, moon, star etc. The synchronizing effects of all the planets, solar system is controlled by God, that what we, the human being has named as "Science" which means reason and logic. The Almighty creator also gave us knowledge through devine books with prophets.
    Baseline knowledge was given to His best creation, human, so that we can run and maintain this world until the last day of this world. Wind, Ocean, earth quake are the part of this system. God doesn't change thing everyday to run this world, everything is tuned to the end. He is the Master Programmer to control this nature according His wish.

There is no conflicts between God and Science, Science is the established universal system designed by our creator. According to all holy books, wise and learned human being supposed to make effort to earn knowledge to know how this world was created/evolved. Human being didn't invent Sun, Moon, Star, Wind etc. We are only trying to know how all work together by discovering scientific theory.

February 4, 2014 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Sue Z

Ann Coulter is absolutely right. OMG, she can really hold her own and she is a smart intelligent person. She answered his question perfectly. Equality has been fought for years and now we have come full circle. Santa Claus is supposed to come from the North Pole where it is blistering cold. Africa is so, so terribly hot and an African's body and hair are different just so they can survive in their climate. I would not think an African-born person could survive the extreme cold, as a penguin could not probably survive the extreme heat. Absolutely nothing to do with trying to evolve a discussion into a 'racial' issue. She was absolutely right also on the use of the word 'retard.' Even though it is not a word one likes, but neither is 'obese, or morbidly obese.' She was irritated at someone's illiterate behavior...that's all. Then for the community of Down's Syndrome to get all upset and wanting her to apologize...is insane. Now we have a commercial on the kids' channel saying not to use the word 'gay' and that is offensive also. Labels...where does it end now? Let's have all people named Dick, Johnson, and Peter change their names now also.

February 7, 2014 at 5:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Paul F

This is this most incoherent post I've ever read. Probably because your an advocate of Anne Coulter and she makes no real sense neither. It's all about shock value with her and making money. She's a parasite that believes she must live even if everything else must die. That's the only way she gets attention and can make money is to be a narsacistic bloviating ignoramus. Your time is better spent figuring out what you see in her that's redeeming and try to correct it within yourself.

February 11, 2014 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. get this crazy woman out of here

Coulter is crazy!!!! She is totally unrealistic and insane!!!!

February 12, 2014 at 12:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Meccah B

Every time this horrible excuse for a woman, Ann Coulter, comes on to your show Piers, I can't stand to watch. She makes me physically ill. I would rather watch a dog scratch its rear end for an hour than to be exposed to her illogical theories and argumentative, unsupported spew she spits out of her loud mouth. Please don't invite her back on. She is absolutely ridiculous.

February 12, 2014 at 2:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • MareRocks

Wow, I couldn't have said that better. She is well over her 15-minutes.

February 13, 2014 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Virginia Smyth

I had to turn off the show because of all the bickering between Piers and Ann. Frankly, I want to be able to hear the guest and it is your job as host to ask questions and allow answers, regardless of your own opinions. I don't enjoy the "debate" format at all and too many times Piers talks over his guests not allowing them to be heard. Lighten up Piers and allow your guests to be heard by the viewers.

February 12, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. K Le Blanc

News flash Jesus did have brownish skin not pale like a European or black skin like an African, he was a Semite. Contrary to what the klan, neo-Nazi or the followers of the black Israelite movement think. By the way Santa Claus was built around St. Nicholas who was real. Oh, by the way couldn't happened to nicer guy Piers, just don't let the door hit you on the way out, too bad you couldn't take the rest of the donkey asses with you like Bill, Sean, Chris etc.

February 23, 2014 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply