Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 13th, 2014

Kenny Anderson on basketball trip to North Korea: "I was upset with myself ... I didn't think it was going to give me so much backlash"

On the heels of Dennis Rodman's controversial visit to North Korea, and subsequent serenading of Kim Jong-un, Monday evening saw "Piers Morgan Live" welcome retired basketball player Kenny Anderson for a live, face to face conversation.

A former All-American at Georgia Tech, and a man who scored more than 10,000 points during an NBA career that spanned nearly a decade and a half, Anderson was among the group of athletes that chose to join Rodman on his trip to the country in East Asia.

Revealing that he hadn't done his due diligence prior to arriving on site, Anderson admitted to feeling compelled to go through with the charity game played in honor of the nation's supreme leader:

"I feared - you know, you fear what you don't know ... Like I said, I got the phone call, a few hours before the game. My wife was crying. She was like, 'don't play.' She was scared of my safety. So I had no choice. You know, when we got there, they took - you know, they take our passports away, you know? And I just - I had to finish what I got into," said Anderson. "I felt bad. I felt bad. I felt very bad that, you know, for my family, you know, for my close friends and Americans and people that [sic] looked up to Kenny Anderson."

Organized by Rodman, last week's expedition gained increased exposure following Chris Cuomo's fascinating and polarizing interview with the rebounding specialist on CNN's "New Day." On Monday, seated across from the host, Anderson agreed that in hindsight he and his teammates were being made to appear as puppets. But while he regrets the experience, he candidly shoulders his own blame:

"First of all, I'm 43 years old. I make my own decisions. And like I said, I keep going back to it - I was upset with myself," he told Piers Morgan. "I didn't think it was going to give me so much backlash."

Watch the above clip for more of Morgan's interview with Anderson, including the basketball players' response to seeing video of himself clapping along as Rodman sang "Happy Birthday" to Kim. Then, for the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. donnadev

I found Piers Morgan very rude to Mr Anderson tonight and had a hard time watching him. His style is aggressive,rude,ungentlemanly and difficult to watch. The apology given by the guest was humble and responsible with a lot of room for forgiveness. He was politically unaware and his money is none of Piers' business. I have noticed this hostile aggression in the past and am less and less interested in his show. Others have mentioned this also in the groups I discuss issues .As a "Brit" he should have better manners and using the American public for his hostile questions.

January 13, 2014 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Stone

I disagree with the previous comments. Piers was not harass to Kenny and his agent. He gave Kenny an oppoortunity to redeem himself by giving the money gained to charity. A 43 year old he does not know anything about North Korea. That is hard to believe! I'm an African American Veteran and it disturbs me that every player was a refection of me. For a dollar bill! Kenny was at one time a millionare and I don't know what that feels like, but do sell yourself for it. How will he explain his actions to the kids he mentors. I'm really disappointed in his manager who is not giving him positive advise and direction. Kenny, I encourage you to go back on Piers show and donate the money or start a fund to help the release of Kenneth Bae.

January 14, 2014 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Nan

Where is it that you think they are a reflection on YOU ? Don't answer, as I know what you are getting at and you are all wrong, IMO.

January 14, 2014 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
      • Clarence

Why is it that people want to tell other people how to spend their money. I thought the CNN host was rude to bagger Kenny about how much money he received. it was none of his business and none of yours. Then the host tries to shame him into donating ALL of the money to charity. He promised to give SOME to charity. Again whether he donate it or not – it is his money. You and the host need to get a life. if you want to give to charity – YOU GIVE YOUR MONEY!!

January 14, 2014 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lee

I agree!

January 14, 2014 at 3:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Karen Leona

Well said! I can understand Piers tough questioning, but once you ask a question, and the question is indeed answered...you move on! Piers became the bully by continuing to ask Kenny if he would give all the money to charity. Kenny was kind enough to answer the same question again and again. Even if he wanted to give all to charity, how could he have said so without looking like he was bullied into that answer? How I miss the interview style of Larry King who asked every question imaginable, without insult or any apparent judgement of the guest. I found Piers a bully and a bore. I have cringed at Piers' line of questioning for the last time. I will not be watching him again.

January 14, 2014 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

I read all these comments about how Piers Morgan allegedly bully Kenny Anderson, but saw nothing like that during the interview. Did anyone catch Piers Morgan tell Kenny Anderson "You come here bravely tonight, I don't want to pillory you too much for it.", or compliments Anderson for his career and the good works he has done? Let's face it, Anderson went to NK because of the money, not that he had any genuine concern about how basketball will save the world. His agent wants his payday and could care less how he gets paid. Good for Piers Morgan and his line of questioning. There was no bullying, just honest questions that should have been asked. Personally, I think Piers showed great restraint dealing with Kenny Anderson. He could have ripped him a new one and justifiably, but didn't.
      Honestly, any of you who thought this as bullying are way too sensitive.

January 19, 2014 at 3:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. maladroit

Pretty disgusting Morgan. Not actually interested in the responses of these men you were attacking and being hostile, just the sound of your own outrage and misplaced indignancy. Don't ask questions you won't answer yourself. If you think or believe they were being used you sure know how to act classy about it. Till this I was willing to leave the channel on during your travesty of a show as white noise, from now on I'll be pointedly tuning away.

January 13, 2014 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • donnadev

I agree totally with your thoughts and wrote them,just as you have. He is starting to go "over the top" with his interviews and believes anything he says is ok. I won't be watching his show much anymore and I hope CNN is following these blogs!

January 13, 2014 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Nan Branch

He's been "over the top" before and seemed to mellow, but now Piers is right back to being a bully and was very rude to Anderson. If you ask a question, at least listen to the answer, Piers. I'm back to turning off CNN during Pier's show. He is insufferable IMO

January 14, 2014 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. daletterd

CNN, find my email address enclosed. Shoot me a message after you've changed your lineup. Thanks.

January 13, 2014 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Clark Wade

To keep it short, yes, he was very rude to Kenny and his agent. I've watched him in the past interviews, and thought it was just the guest he invites to the show. Clearly its not, he is into embarrassing his guest and always has to have the last say so. Wont be watching anymore….

January 14, 2014 at 12:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Elias

Mr.Morgan today you reminded of one of those crazies you have had on your program defending guns. Rude, obnoxious, and a bully. Mr. Anderson has the guts to come on your show and apologize for what he did. Only one out of the bunch to do so. You did not have to condone what he did, but maybe done some interviewing as to what he saw would have been more interesting instead of your utter disrespect.

January 14, 2014 at 12:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Ann Murphy

Both my daughter and I were totally disgusted by Piers Morgan's rude behavior. We do not follow basketball but found Mr. Anderson sincere and polite. We accept his explanation. Mr. Morgan basically tried to water board him. Very hard to watch. He owes Mr. Anderson a apology. What a A**.

January 14, 2014 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tony

I completely agree. I was infuriated over the interview and had no idea who this guy was. I usually agree with Piers on many subjects but he looked very unprofessional and very very green in his interviewing technique, not like someone who would like to have a respected career in this business. His sensationalist history showed through tonight.

January 14, 2014 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Nan Branch

Piers is a RUDE Bully

January 14, 2014 at 12:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Hanif

Wow, Piers, who made you judge jury and executioner? Nobody has to answer to you. You used your position to try to publicly humiliate the man. He said he felt bad about it but you took that opportunity to beat him over the head with it. You didn't answer his question when asked what you would do but you went back to attack the man like he owed you something. To ask him how much he made and then to try to humiliate him to give it back where do you get off? How much he made and what he does with is none of your damn business. You're starting to sound like some right wing Tea Bagger. What are you doing, auditioning for a position on FOX? YOU OWE HIM AN APOLOGY FOR ABUSING YOUR POSITION.

January 14, 2014 at 12:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hanif

I hope that Ken Anderson reads all of these comments of support. Your children and those youth that you mentor need to know that PM doesn't stand for Prime Minister. I'm sure some of those you mentor are bullied in school. You demonstrated by being there and apologizing for your mistakes integrity and courage. Your not going off on PM showed intelligence and control in the face of a bully. These comments will show how you are vindicated by right thinking individuals. I hope that CNN makes PM apologize so those under your tutelage see that a wrong can be made right with hindsight and introspection. To all the kids that look up to you I think your control in the face of that bully over shadowed the mistake you made. Kenny Anderson, I salute you.

January 14, 2014 at 1:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. shan

I found Piers so disturbing and rude I wanted to scream at him. I actually felt sorry for Kenny. He came on the show to apologize and was very humble and believable. I couldn't wait for it to be over. His badgering the guest about the amount of money he made and what he should do with it was way over the top and completely none of his business.

Apparently if you don't agree with Piers or do what he says he will use his platform to belittle you. This show isn't relevant for me anymore and has become unwatchable.

January 14, 2014 at 12:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Rich

I would ask if Mr. Morgan will be donating the proceeds from his episode wherein he suggested that Mr. Anderson do the same with the proceeds he earned from his game in North Korea? Not just some of the revenue, but ALL, as it seemed that nothing less on Mr. Anderson's behalf would be judged as acceptable to Mr. Morgan. OK for Mr. Morgan to be judgemental, but not OK to be hypocritical.

January 14, 2014 at 12:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Tony

Piers, Piers,...what happened huh?
    I usually support your opinions on many subjects especially on gun violence and control, of course, being Canadian, we are usually on that same line of thinking.
    BUT tonight friend you were off your game in your interview with the former NBA Mr. Anderson. I don't watch basketball and had no idea who he was. I do know he appears an honest family man who does help in his community who so happened to have been duped into going to Korea. He was deserving to have been interviewed in a more intelligent manner than the very unprofessional and distasteful way that you interviewed him. Perhaps you feel viewers need to see this style of interview and get ratings higher but you didn't need to. People do enjoy you already,after this interview, perhaps not so much. Maybe you were having a bad day etc who knows, especially when you grilled him about his earnings over there. I realize what he did was silly for going but I did not care about the monetary value. This guy has a family and took time out to go and deserves to earn his time, right or wrong. You were brutal and truthfully should apologize. He wasn't leading the trip, direct blame where it is due. It is like blaming a soldier in war for things that his president sent him over to do. Sorry for my rambling but like the others said, it was a disgusting and unprofessional, not journalism at all. You were the bully this time, especially when we need less of it in this world.

January 14, 2014 at 12:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Tony

Piers, Piers,...what happened huh?

(Not Spam)

January 14, 2014 at 12:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Bj

Everyone is serving some kind of Kim Jong Un including Pierce Morgan.Pierce knows it very well that he serves mother of all monsters CNN .Mr Anderson could have taken 10k blood money. Pierce every atom cell of you and all the earnings your children has been fed clothed housed etc is nothing but from blood money and you know it well.All the lies you project as news is singing happy birthday for all liars and wagers of war n misery.Anderson sang happy birthday once and cleaned bared his soul to many of us.You sing the tune of the masters of falsehoods everyday. This was nothing but RACISM. Anderson should have thrown 10k on your deceitful face. The many Anderson's of the world should not have even given you a second , shame on you . Confess to all the lies thus far that have cause so much misery all in the name dark journalism.

January 14, 2014 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Kathie Quinn

I was totally disgusted with how Mr Anderson was treated and immediately turned my television off after this interview. Being a Canadian I agree with a lot of the views around health care and gun control that Pierce Morgan has, however I am bothered by his bullying of guests and asking questions but never allowing the person to answer. As for Mr. Anderson I hope he knows that he deserves respect for doing the show and the fact that he got paid is of no relevance to the story. I would suggest that Pierce Morgan donate all of his earnings he receives whenever North Korea is discussed on his show if his beliefs are that strong. As for me I plan to never watch this show again.

January 14, 2014 at 1:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. worldcares

Tabloid trash journalism at its finest.

January 14, 2014 at 2:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Sammy Stone

"British geneticists vow never to clone Piers Morgan" - true story, I swear! dandygoat.com/british-geneticists-vow-never-to-clone-piers-morgan

January 14, 2014 at 3:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Sanford Slabaugh

Piers, your treatment of Mr. Anderson was utterly deplorable. How dare you set yourself up as a judge of someone that you obviously know little or nothing about? Mr. Anderson is a private individual and none of us have any idea what knowledge he had/has of N. Korea, much-less the right to badger him, not once, but 8 or 10 times about what he would do with his fee for the Korea trip. He is a private individual and he should not be badgered on national TV to do what YOU think is appropriate. For all that we know Mr. Anderson needs that money to live on (I know, he had a lucrative career in the NBA, but that is no guarantee that he doesn't need it today). For all that I care, Mr. Anderson can donate $1.00 to a charity and keep the rest for himself.

p.s. I agree with almost every word of every comment before me that had a negative view of Piers treatment of Mr. Anderson... many/most of them were even more eloquently stated than mine.
    I have essentially boycotted "Piers Morgan Tonight" for a year or more now, precisely because of Pier's treatment of many guests in exactly the same manner as you/he treated Mr. Anderson. Amazingly, in the first 2-3 minutes that I watched this program for the 1st time in a year, Bingo, you do it again.

January 14, 2014 at 4:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Sanford Slabaugh

January 14, 2014 at 4:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Faythe

Piers makes me so angry that I need to comment once again and I'm done. I like CNN-Wolf, Anderson , Erin, Christiana, Jake, etc. I like the news that CNN reports and the way that they do it. Thank you. BUT, I will NEVER watch Piers again. He raises my blood pressure. If one asks a question, then I think the interviewee ought to be given a chance to answer. I've seen him bully time and time again. IMO send him back to the UK (or maybe CNN has an office in Moscow.; Tehran; Beijing;)

January 14, 2014 at 4:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Jsarmiento

Piers Morgan is plain and outright rude, disrespectful to Kenny Anderson. and his agent. He never stop his ranting and never gave them chance to answer properly. Hey CNN why do you allow this kind behavior?

January 14, 2014 at 7:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. David

I have never felt the need to post... but Piers clearly crossed the line today with Kenny. What did you want the man to do? And why did you feel it was important to embarrass the man like that? You sir, are an idiot. I will probably not watch your program again.

January 14, 2014 at 7:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

Kenny Anderson embarrased himself by associating himself with Dennis Rodman. Anderson got exactly what he deserved.

January 19, 2014 at 3:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. janet waitling

what a pile of weak self-righteous folks who have audacity to call Piers Morgan a bully....Do not judge yet so many commenters oing just that...Hypocrites and Piers sposed tot ake the fall?? It boggles my mind that Kenny Anderson sat there tried to convince viewers that he KNOWS NOTHING about the poltiics of North Korea?? Okay lie Kenny, dodge questions Kenny cuz Piers will call you on it while becoming the bully at the same time....I find staggering that Kenny doesn't know a thing about North Korea and forced viewers to believe his bs....power can be dangerous when everyone's out to win regardless of the truth and win AT ANY COST....Keep on keeping Piers...who has NO TIME FOR BS or smoke and mirrors....looks like readers or viewers terrified of the truth...Truth is simple....

January 14, 2014 at 10:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. winorlose

Piers Morgan is TERRIFIC! His vision is spectacular as he sees right thru a fake instantly...wow, watch out if he dares to expose it or press for clarity while being given a snow job.....I'm sorry, I didn't know anything about where I was going...just saw some cash and away I flew into the Devil's hand....Oh Lord, I didn't know a thing....Right? and he has the nerve to use that as an alibi?....So tired of excuses covering up truths – I don't know a thing, I don't know what you are talking about, it wasn't me – it was my sister, my mother, my cat, my dog, on and on....if his wife wasn't crying wud he have woken up? I jumped into a fire but had no clue it was gonna burn? america the land of blame, blame...even comes from the top where their President 'balmes the other party for him not being able to get anything done'...Blame, blame – where's true leadership?

January 14, 2014 at 11:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. mistake

Go Piers! Let 'em eat cake and keep pressing on...Canada loves you and your COURAGE to expose truth among countless blind adversaries...we admire his refusal to perpetrate the US Hollywood mentality of MONEY & IMAGE is everything...Oh Lord THE SHOW MUST GO ON or watch out cuz you will pay...Pay for what? Your courage to del with truths instead of 'Hollywood characters'? WE love you Piers – refreshing, daring, bold and hilarious!! America has no soul, no humour – such a vacuous soul.....MONEY, MONEY is all they think about...No Wonder the masses are medicated...Who wudn't be living under constant pretense! Your are loved Mr Piers! YESSIREEE!

January 14, 2014 at 11:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Coco

money, doesn't matter if its counterfeit, stolen, even BLOOD Money – show it to Kenny and he's in. oh yes...sure I'll take blood money and don't dare press me on my moral standards – cuz I ain't got any....Any more Blood Money out there? Hook me up, call me right away – I'm in...North Korea? I don't know what you're talking about....In this day and age of information this dude ain't got any info on this North Korea??Of course not, gonna make some money, that's all that matters....he sold his 'uninformed soul' and PIERS takes the fall? of course, always blame someone – I ain't responsible for nothing, let me slide outta here as fast as I can....always other mans fault!! Always!!! Keep shining your light on the darkness of the human condition Piers!! Throngs are behind you, and love your work!!

January 14, 2014 at 11:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. daletterd

Piers found a fan. Granted, it's a troll with sock puppets.

January 14, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. elize

To those that say Kenny Anderson should know about North Korea and its politics is stupid to say the least. How can we tell? Because we said he should?

And there are many countries in this world that are just as harsh and uncompromising as North Korea, but we Americans still visit them and support them monetarily. And the gall to attack Kenny Anderson? Stop buying anything from China, or Saudi Arabia or Israel for that matter. The hypocrisy is stifling.

January 14, 2014 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

I believe Kenny Anderson knew all about the NK situation. If he did not, surely his agent did. His agent wants a payday.
      Don't be naïve in to thinking that no one on Kenny Anderson's staff knows what is going on in NK.

January 19, 2014 at 3:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Disgusted

Piers Morgan, you were extremely and unnecessarily rude to Kenny Anderson and his agent. You should be ashamed of yourself. I can only take Piers Morgan in very small doses but after last night I have decided to do away completely. You were not interested in your guests' responses so why even ask the questions? I love CNN but will not be watching Piers anymore. If you dont believe what people are saying about this interview, Piers, you should go back and watch the entire interview.

January 14, 2014 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. OhNo

I got thrown into the slammer in Riyadh on my last trip to Saudia Arabia cause I was wlking down the street in my short shorts and bikini top....damn I didn't know nothing about Saudia Arabia, all I know is I got paid $50,000 by a Saudi who dared me to do it....Next thing ya know, the Matawa (the morals police) were on me screaming and yelling obscenities....Of course, you are an American girl who knows nothing except doing anything for a buck...They asked me about 'Respect' and I didn't know what the hail they was talkin' about.....All I wanted was the money and after all, who says 'you can't walk down the streets of Saudi and show off your fine long legs'...Dam how dare they....Fortunately catering to the guard's desires was my ticket outta there and NOW I KNOW....my family and friends are disgusted at my alibi and have distanced themselves cause EVERYONE knows – they do, I ask? – that you don't conduct yourself in that manner in another country without consequences....EVERYONE they say....I didn't know that? How could I be expected to know this....after all, I am dark haired....I can't believe their injustice – its horrific! BUT, WAIT, I GOT THE MONEY!!! Yes, yesireee!!

January 14, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Swimmer

With a group we went to the local pool to swim...I'll be damned, the pool was empty and no water in it...My buddy offered sizeable cash to jump in anyway.....what you offering MONEY...hell yes without a doubt they decided to jump in...'Only a fool would jump into a pool without water then complain, 'I didn't know you weren't sposed to jump into a pool without water! No one told me a thing, nothing!' Oh but MONEY made me do it...I didn't know anything and how could I now....how dare you expect me to know not to jump in...Aggressive to suggest anyone question my decision?' Don't anyone dare question me, NO ONE.....now I am ashamed but its not my fault, the dollar made me do it..or was it the Butler or Kim Jong? oh The Victim card is all I got and everyone, I mean everyone, gobbles it up! Money, money...give me more...

January 14, 2014 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. trollwithsockpuppets

love this expression....hope my puppets don't get too big cuz I'll have to buy larger socks....hilarious, witty, direct just like Piers...unlike Mr. Kenny 'dancing around the truth'...why he cudn't he be a real man and reply with a simple 'yes' or 'no' . Ya come into my kitchen and ya gotta take the heat, buddy....The truth is simple and doesn't need endless discussion...dance, dance...this can't be a 43 year old man?....What? Fo sure??? Oh Lord...I didn't know where I was going? North Korea? where's that, near the North Pole??.....comic relief is the only way outta this one.....

January 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sanford Slabaugh

Nice. So you are just a callus and ignorant of Mr. Anderson's life ,financial status and knowledge of world affairs. Mr. Anderson committed no unpardonable crime. As a matter of fact, as tightly controlled as N. Korean society is, Rodman's visiting basketball exhibit probably didn't make any difference in either the lives of the Koreans, much less the future of the country and its relations with the rest of the world. This international 'freezing' N. Korea out for the last 60 years has made no material difference, and I rather doubt that Rodman & Anderson's visit will matter anywhere outside of the CNN television studios. Sadly, Mr. Morgan lacks all of the usual grace and politeness the Americans thought that the British embodied.

January 15, 2014 at 2:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Di Yin

I was disappointed with Morgan's comment which I think he made more than once, calling North Korea "evil regime". Such tag lacks objectivity of a journalist when all he has learned about North Korea is through the Western painting of that country. He has hardly seen what North Korea is like from the point of view of a non-Capitalistic country. The word "evil" entails a perfect understanding of the issue. Much of what Morgan knows is based on unproven rumors.
    I brought this up only because I have a great admiration and respect for Pierce Morgan from previous watching of his shows. Admired his stance on many issues, such as gun-control. I find him a person of strong moral stance and courage as well as humanity. I wish that he had shown more of such humanity in his view of North Korea.

January 14, 2014 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Charlie Potatoes

Piers should interview Kenny Anderson's ex hoe Tami Roman,star of Basketball Wives.
    It may explain why he is so easily duped by a brain dead Rodman.

January 14, 2014 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. jankova

Cultural exchanges with other countries whose political systems are different than ours is the only way the people in those countries can realize that we are not so different from each other as human beings. This team went to North Korea to play basketball and share their sportsmanship not to politicize or pass judgement. And the event was probably televised for all North Koreans to see, so it must have had a positive effect. Why didn't Piers Morgan ask any questions about what the North Korean people they met over there were like, or any questions about the food or customs, so that the cultural exchange could have some relevance to the viewers of the show. Piers Morgan and our culture in general condemn North Korea, Iran, Syria and Cuba, but there are plenty of other countries that match or exceed their abuses. And the United States is not so innocent unfortunately, we are just more devious and subtle in how we do our dirty work. Instead of public executions, we silently kill suspects with drone attacks without a trial for the victims, we silently arrest and imprison thousands of young poor kids for possession of drugs, and we silently sell sophisticated weaponry and jet fighters to any country who has the cash to buy them. And if we suspect any other country of not playing our game, then we slap an embargo on all trade with them which only further alienates them from the world community. I applaud the efforts of these basketball players to bring a bit of diplomacy to the far reaches of the world that are ignored by our government.

January 14, 2014 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Hanif

You know when you read the folks that support PM's behavior you have to ask yourself "is that the world I want to live in?" The people who are offended speak of a higher standard of behavior and civility above and beyond the subject at hand. One must "crown the mission". The goal is to have a better America. Not one where you antagonize and provoke a person to anger. What spirit does that serve?
    The reason there is so much turmoil and hatred in the world today is because of a lack of tolerance to another persons point of view. I for one celebrate diversity. What we know is that none of those basketball players created the situation and their going there did not exacerbate the problem. To unleash that level of venom only fouls the mouth it came from. So to all those who support PM, consider your end game. Do you want to "be right" or do you want "do right"?
    Be he love you want to see.
    As for PM, you need to ask yourself why you work for "the money?". Donating your 10% may hold your Karma at bay.

January 15, 2014 at 3:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

Morgan's "karma" didn't take him to NK with Dennis Rodman.

January 19, 2014 at 4:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. DL

Anyone know what Piers Morgan said after Kenny's agent asked him about what if it was him that was in North Korea and what would he do?

January 15, 2014 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hanif

PM didn't answer him. His whole thing was to make Kenny answer TO him. I hope Kenny regains his voice and comments here and puts PM in his place. But he may just want to let it pass. I was never fond of PM. I'm a Larry King fan. I hope he comes back. I will never watch PM again unless its the back of his head as he leaves the buiding.

January 15, 2014 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • David Sugarman

DL my name is David Sugarman and I am Kenny Andersons agent. I asked PM a question and he NEVER responded. Its his show and the man needs to do what he needs to do for ratings. All in, I liked the interview BUT PM needs to let people speak. I thought interviews are when a question is asked and one gets to respond to the question. I am in the process of creating a campaign where i get each player to donate a portion of what they were paid to a charity that mrs. chung (kenneth bar sister) runs w/ my help via music a hollywood. Seems PM had a problem and my thinking is lets create and end game and try to get mr. bae back to the states. stay tuned. #SugarKnows #SugarTime

January 15, 2014 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Tom

Troll.

January 19, 2014 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
      • Tom

If you really are Kenny Anderson's agent and I doubt it highly, answer me this: Why would you allow your client to visit a regime as horrid as NK and expose your client to one as dubious as Dennis Rodman? I can answer that for you, Junior. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

January 19, 2014 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  37. Andrew Chow

I did have a chance to see the interview. I found Morgan rude, condescending and never let Kenny finish his thoughts. His agent also asked what seemed to be a great question and Morgan never did respond. What would one do if they had there passport taken and was North Korea in the same postiion Anderson was in? I wish Sugarman got a response from Morgan to what was a great question. #whatwouldyoudo

January 15, 2014 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. elize

Perhaps Piers need to give all the money he has earned to some charity in one of those countries that his England brutalized and committed evil deeds in order to give Piers and many of his countrymen the good life they now deserve.

For sure North Korea has done some evil things. But I am also sure it is not as evil as the British Empire.

January 16, 2014 at 11:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Oh Lord GROW UP

HANIF: what kinda cheese do ya want with your wine? Do right or be right? And u r the Judge? Ya come into his kitchen, ya take the heat!! I LOVE PIERS, not afraid at all of weak egos but detest those who skirt the truth and blame their demise on others....Come on Kenny didn't know about North Korea? Right and I don't know nothing about the USA also...done with por empty heded folk who cry foul when they don't get their way! GROW UP!

January 17, 2014 at 6:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. cramdon

Piers, worked for that slimy Rupert Murdoch for years, why don't you give all you earned while in his employ to charity?

Why don't you give it all to charity?

Why don't you give it all to charity?

Why don't you give it all to charity?

January 17, 2014 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Tom

Seems to me that Kenny Anderson and his agent could have at any point of the interview get indignant with Morgan and walk off. If you are willing to sit there and take that s hit, you got paid to do so.

January 19, 2014 at 3:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  42. John

I noticed the majority of Piers bashing is coming from women. You must be hooked up with some real henpecks to think that this is bullying.

January 19, 2014 at 3:41 am | Report abuse | Reply