Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 23rd, 2014

Ann Coulter on potheads: "They can't perform any useful jobs"

In a scheduling certain to polarize viewers from both side of the aisle, on Wednesday evening "Piers Morgan Live" invited author and commentator Ann Coulter to return to the program.

Joining Piers Morgan for a live, face to face conversation, the woman behind the new book "Never Trust a Liberal Over Three-Especially a Republican" was all too willing to offer her position on one of the most-hotly contested issues in America at present, the legalization of marijuana.

While the host cited a study led by CNN colleague Dr. Sanjay Gupta, in which the medical professional reported that smoking pot is no worse than drinking alcohol, Wednesday's guest strongly disagreed:

"Look, the sole purpose for smoking pot or eating a pot brownie is to get high. That is not true with alcohol," she said.

While Morgan made the case that partaking in spirits is purely for the purpose of getting "slightly higher than when they start drinking it," Coulter suggested that there are other uses for alcohol, including, apparently, loosening up for an on-camera appearance:

"I have done TV after a drink. I bet you have too. I'm drunk right now," she laughed.

Morgan quickly quipped that such a revelation "would explain a lot."

Coulter then asked the host to let her finish her thought, which her permitted, begrudgingly:

"People enjoy wine. They drink wine for a purpose. They drink $800 bottles of wine. Perhaps you have a warm feeling. You can tell if someone has been smoking pot."

Stating that she herself has never taken the drug in question, Coulter insisted that legalizing marijuana will increase the numbers of users, and ultimately be a disaster for commerce:

"Potheads are incapable of following simple instructions and getting a job done," she claimed. "You can't get anything done with a pothead...I'm going to be paying for their food, housing, now for their health care apparently, because they can't perform any useful jobs."

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's interview with Coulter, and for the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. David

This ladys nuts and wrong thats all i got to say

January 23, 2014 at 12:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Richard Michaud

This woman is clueless and an idiot and discriminates against 80% of the world population that so smoke weed or use it to CURE their cancer and its the best pain reliever known to man so i think she should maybe smoke one and then see how she feels about it.Alcohol is 10000 times morte harmfull then weed is and there is merdical rtesearch to support that i mean is she that narrow minded with her pea brain she shouldnt be allowed to judge people without knowing what she is talking about.

January 23, 2014 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • brendan

What a wretched human being she is

Oh and BTW Ann....here are some famous, do-nothing Potheads:

Bill Clinton
      GW Bush
      Obama (hmmm...EVERY president since 92...)
      Steve Jobs
      Sir Richard Branson
      Martha Stewart
      Phil Jackson
      Ted Turner
      Michael Bloomberg
      George Sorros
      Bill Gates
      John Kerry
      Oprah Winfrey

Do you know what all these people have in common, besides pot Ann? They've all had careers far more distinguished than yours

Now go crawl back into your cave of fear and hate

January 23, 2014 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joseph Lecourt

LOL I laughted so hard at her face, that part when she says Pot is very cancerous lol I almost died lol... RETARDED WOMEN IS RETARDED Eh!

January 30, 2014 at 11:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anne

I have never known a person to get so high they die or even pass out unless they fell asleep! I have never known a person to get so high they drive and KILL PEOPLE. In my opinion pot is safer than alcohol. And I know lots of people that hold professional jobs. Just because someone smokes does not mean they smoke BEFORE work, or during work. People are so ignorant it amazes me.

March 21, 2014 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. jennyvee miller

Piers you really need to get that loud mouth coulter off your show she is stupid and really not a asset to any conversation you have with he she is way out there in left field koo koo.

January 23, 2014 at 12:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. matt

Alcohol is good for you? Lmao! This lady is out of her mind. Wine IS good for you and I'm sure thats what she was talking about. She may have had a glass before this interview. But the alcohol in it is not. And i work 3 jobs and smoke eveyday so squash that theory

January 23, 2014 at 12:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jacques Yes Imstoned

Highly offensive show. Kudos for including EVERYONE.....but hats off for keeping your cool. I wouldnt advise on bring trash like that back on.

January 23, 2014 at 12:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Susan

Ann Coulter is incredibly ignorant about so many things. I tuned into the show tonight but could only bear to listen to her ill-informed rants for about 10 minutes. Had to change channels. Piers, when it comes to Ms. Coulter, I have only one thing to ask of you and that is: " NEVER AGAIN" PLEASE!!!

January 23, 2014 at 12:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. The average guy

I usually like Anne Coulter for her outside views...

Piers needs to have a debate with the people who have been advocating Cannabis from NORML.org. Who actually KNOW THE FACTS!!!!! I really love how Piers defended his case but Coulter is the type of person who NEEDS CNNs official MDs and professional advocates to educate this moron with the infinite amount of studies (Even think baby boomers).

Anne makes me laugh at first but when she elaborates on the "potheads" and that "They" are incapable of "performing" is beyond ignorant. It implies a bias and absolute stupidity when she continued to open her mouth.

And the fact she says alcohol is "BETTER"!!!!?!?!?! REALLY???? I am insulted.

I am an alcoholic (It's not hard for $3.27 a day tops (24 oz X %8.1 X 3) and I enjoy pot. I wish I ONLY smoked pot. When I worked in construction I used to laugh at the people who drank the night before complaining about not feeling so great and ready to work first thing in the morning. Now I feel the pain every morning. You can't be aware of things the morning after drinking. But with Pot I feel like Christmas morning.

Now I've graduated college. I am now a System Admin, well versed in all UNIX / Windows servers. That dumb _______ Anne think potheads can't get it done? Let me tell you around the world in Europe (Germany, France, and Netherlands) and America where the biggest IT companies work (The great North West where Washington (Amazon, Microsoft, Google is based!!) and Denver which both legalized POT) where very skilled IT staff love to smoke up and make code work! Which is much less common than workers who like to drink. The most creative work doesn't happen while the boss is breathing over your shoulder. It is when you are watching your favorite TV show 10:30 at night after the kids are asleep with a good long tv session, bath, or, for some people, a tasty bowl! The same as if you are plugged in to music your body releases the same chemicals as when listening to inspirational music.

Anne should be careful talking about someone that can be anyone. Especially people that manage her email account. Ensure her data is backed up because I can ensure you she doesn't understand the difference between; Data redundancy and Data backup. And I am sure she thinks Carbonite or some cloud solution is safe at protecting her and her idiotic views. Someone should sit this women down and translate IT to idiot language.

I avoid programming after a few beers but after a few bowls... I have created the most creative scripts for my sys admin work and especially the most dynamic.

Anyways.

Anne Coulter – will you be watching the High Super Bowl 48?

GO HAWKS!!!!

January 23, 2014 at 1:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bilbo

The biggest problem in IT are the system admins that think they're computer engineers. System admins are a dime/dozen. But please stay in that field where people now expect things to break regularly, and stay away from anything critical where a poor design can cost lives.

January 23, 2014 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • codexconcentratesAtgmail

Bilbo – do you work for a major pharmaceutical company? "Now why would this person ask this kind of question? Durp!" Perhaps at receptionist? Haha. Yeah. That's how you present.

January 24, 2014 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. Nick

Coulter is tv's equivalent to a "shock jock." There is no substance there - her notoriety is based on her absurdity alone. I wanted to take a shower after watching your pitiful interview tonight. My dog Leo is available next time you are hard up for a guest.

January 23, 2014 at 1:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. London

Ann coulter is so out of touch with reality..
    I smoke marijuana on a daily basis- not during the day but when I get home from work, or class- and have wrapped up my day. I work atleast 40 hours per week at a hospital and am just beginning my second semester of graduate school...most of my friends also smoke pot and I haven't a single friend who is jobless- other than the ones attending universities...

January 23, 2014 at 3:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Anna Finger

Hello Piers,

Just so you know, there most certainly is an exit to Fort Lee before entering the GWB. It is the last exit before the bridge. That women is so clueless I cannot believe news organizations give her a forum to show her ignorance. Were all other guests not available Piers? I know you are trying to be balanced in as far as the conversation on your show which I encourage, but please get someone with at least some grey matter.

January 23, 2014 at 3:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Michelle brown

Please do not provide this phony egomaniac a format to display her idiotic attempts at humor. She plays you and all who pay her. Don't pay (reward) her and she fade away.

January 23, 2014 at 3:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Meiissa

This woman has no idea what she is talking about. "People who smoke pot die early of heart attacks? What a joke! What a waste of airtime. All she wanted to do was to promote a narrative that would encourage book sales. She looked like even she couldn't believe what she was saying. Pathetic!

January 23, 2014 at 7:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. sharky

creational pot smokers and they go to work everyday and take care of their families no different than the worker who goes out for the two martini lunch, etc... This lady would like to perform genocide on the people she dont like or who she thinks her tax dollars are going to. She says her friends are athletes, how many of them are taking illegal substances to cheat at their sport?. Clean up your own backyard lady before you start throwing stones.

January 23, 2014 at 8:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. sharky

This lady is crazy. quit buying her books

January 23, 2014 at 8:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. James Weber

Ann Coulter should not be allowed to be on television. Her cluelessness on the topic was embarrassing for all. Not once in her incoherent rambling did she give even the slightest indication that she knows anything about marijuana. I would welcome a chance to sit down with her – after I've smoked of course – to further prove all of her notions are off base. I hold a steady job, was a four year NCAA athlete, volunteer in my community and spend time studying a topic before I speak on it. And that's just in a group of friends! In conclusion, if Ann Coulter would crawl under a rock for her remaining years, society would be better off.

January 23, 2014 at 8:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. SedS

I honestly cannot believe the level of ignorance displayed by Ann Coulter! Can she put together a logical and coherent thought? I'll admit, I love everything about weed and smoke the herb everyday...making me a pothead I suppose. However, I have a B.S. in psychology, work in management, and can perform any arduous task thrown at me even when I'm high. Does she know that there are many people in this nation that can't perform daily tasks even when they are sober? No, she doesn't. It's because of people like Ann that this nation cannot progress. Stay in your bubble where you belong.

January 23, 2014 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. bfpiercelk

"Look, the sole purpose for smoking pot or eating a pot brownie is to get high. That is not true with alcohol"

Hahhahaha

Typical republican, I got mine, who cares about yours.

January 23, 2014 at 9:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fred Evil

And so utterly, utterly WRONG.

January 23, 2014 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Ben

I'd love to get stoned and beat her on any intelligence or general competency test she chooses. I will smash her.

January 23, 2014 at 9:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Ray

Ann Coulter reminds me of The Mandarin from Iron Man 3. What a joke she is.

January 23, 2014 at 10:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Chas

Haha, This lady here, Yeah people don't drink to get high. They drink to get drunk, and wreck their cars on a ride home killing families, or they drink till they do not know what they are doing and they do not even remember what happened the night before. And where is she getting this fact that cannabis users die early of heart attacks? Since this lady "enjoys" here daily $800 bottle of wine I hope she gets her Early Liver failure cause the Brain damage is apparent.

January 23, 2014 at 10:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Michael wood

Lie. I install air conditioners for a living and thats usfull. Im the lead man on the job and I take tremendous pride in my work and my boss displays lots of confidence toward me.

January 23, 2014 at 10:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Lc

I would love to see her smoke a joint!! She would probably become a "pothead" haha. Ignorant and stupid to say the least. Piers you should do a pothead showdown!! This will show this ignorant lady that us "potheads" are not as ignorant and stupid as she is.

January 23, 2014 at 10:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. jfk

Why is this american hating idiot, Morgan, still allowed to be in this country. Ship him back where he belongs.

January 23, 2014 at 11:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Kevin Collins

Hello that lady don't know anything about Pot and she smoke before look at when she was asked about smoking she put her head down to answer the questions I been a truck driver and smoking and do more than people who don't smoke pot 8168686042

January 23, 2014 at 11:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Mark Campbell

I believe Ann lives her life like in this interview, she doesn't listen or learn, just spews whatever false information that was planted in her during her sheltered childhood.
    Also, anything that doesn't directly lead to productivity should be illegal according to her? Wow. What a scary idea. Sounds like the programming of a bimbot.

January 23, 2014 at 11:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Denise Meier

Did anyone hear mention of paranoid schizophrenia? Any one? Any one know anything about paranoid schizophrenia? Any one? Any chance some one out there thinks that the streets (aka homeless),the jails,and the hospital emergency rooms are not where people suffering from mental illness should be? Very costly. Many people who suffer from paranoid schizophrenia take there own life, saving tax payers expense, but too many times people with mental illness (usually not paranoid schizophrenia) are left alone to deal with Pshycosis leading to horrific results. Too costly. Any ideas peple

January 23, 2014 at 11:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Denise Meier

Did anyone hear mention of paranoid schizophrenia? Any one? Any one know anything about paranoid schizophrenia? Any one? Any chance some one out there thinks that the streets (aka homeless),the jails,and the hospital emergency rooms are not where people suffering from mental illness should be? Very costly. Many people who suffer from paranoid schizophrenia take there own life, saving tax payers expense, but too many times people with mental illness (usually not paranoid schizophrenia) are left alone to deal with Pshycosis leading to horrific results. Too costly. Any ideas?

January 23, 2014 at 11:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. chrid

wow.... this chic is completely uninformed about cannibus.... she really needs to shush... i myself dont smoke it how ever i think it should be legalized.... its a weed it grows in the wild.. no process is needed... and "pot heads " can complete their employment tasks..... alot of alchoholics can not... enough said.... lady .. take yout blonde head out of your back side

January 23, 2014 at 11:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Msdoubleu

Did I hear her correctly? Did she say that none of her friends smoke marijuana but she knows the effects because many of her friends smoke marijuana?! Wow, I want some of what Ann is having!!

January 23, 2014 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Working St0ner

I'm a small business owner and a store manager of a national retail chain and I use marijuana on a daily basis. Nancy Grace is out of her mind to think that all users of marijuana are lazy, unmotivated, freeloading.

January 23, 2014 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. castlep777

Coulter favors booze and cigarettes because she drinks and smokes. She outlaws marijuana because she doesn’t personally like it. Everything revolves around Coulter, as pointed out in the book, Vanity: Ann Coulter’s Quest for Glory, available at http://www.coulterwatch.com/vanity.pdf.

January 23, 2014 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Mary

What a fool she made of herself, not that she doesn't usually. However, this was epic. I note, her generalizations were laughable. All of her friends are potheads but she isn't. Did you notice that she barely made eye contact with Piers. I don't think she was buying what she was selling herself. This woman is a disgrace and is no better than Donald Trump, Miss Ali, and all the rest that just like to stir the pot for no apparent reason. Why she is relevant i have no idea.

January 23, 2014 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. fahrvergnugen013

Citing stereotypes is the way uneducated drunks intellectualize, sorry to say. I (allegedly) partake often and I am an engineer, and I'm good at what I do. Just, not when I'm working! Yes, believe it or not, moderation is the rule, not the exception. People know what their limits are; some choose to exceed their limits on a regular basis. It is unfortunate because those types tend to stick out like a sore thumb and get noticed more than the regular folks out there. But the bell curve of self-restraint is no different than food, alcohol, or what have you.

January 23, 2014 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • codexconcentratesAtgmail

What may not work for you every day or during working hours might be what saves someone else from their day failing. Maybe judging isn't the go p's job – or yours.

January 24, 2014 at 2:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Stel1776

Coulter, the idea that people who smoke cannabis cannot do meaningful work is both insane and ignorant. Also when people like you support policies that fire people for using cannabis outside of work, you only reduce employment. On a related note, how many people would be employed if they fired people for using alcohol outside of work in the past couple months? You would be without a job obviously.

January 23, 2014 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. bubba

January 23, 2014 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. joshwi1son

people like this woman make me happy that i smoke pot and don't take my life so seriously

January 23, 2014 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Ronald Da. Silva

You are so stupid its unbelievable. Alot ofpeople work alot better and marijuana. You would rather have people taking pills and going to work. Why dont you mind your own business and worry about more important stuff. Your kids probably smoke and dont say nothing because your so close minded. I bet if you smoke one you would realize that its people like you that mess this country up and why pills that if you take more then 1 you can overdose. On that note shut the hell up and get a life.

January 23, 2014 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bilbo

Did you smoke during English class?

January 23, 2014 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • codexconcentratesAtgmail

That's all you could come up with bilbo? That's IT? Weak. Address the point that this person is making with an intelligent response instead of sounding like a bored bully. Maybe you're too drunk...

January 24, 2014 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  37. Lukas b

How does someone who just blatantly spits lies be allowed to talk on a subject she clearly knows nothing about. Ann coulter is a horrible person and she be taken of TV and all media outlets forever. She is a horrible conversationist who just talks over you if you have any FACTS that discredit her. I'm so sick of seeing her being ask to come in shows and will be so excited when she is finally silenced

January 23, 2014 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Kim Smith

I guess teaching and rehabilitation engineering are not useful....

January 23, 2014 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Debbie Hansen

Anne Coulter must have a pickled brain soaked in alcohol.
    These ignorant people that make our "medicine" a crime.
    I'm fighting cancer!!!

January 23, 2014 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Delano Welch

Soooo many things i wanna say, i guess i'll keep it short and save what needs to Be said for if we ever meet in person.....With that Bein said, I know she wont come to Spencer VA, and repeat herself. She'll walk out but her feelings will Be hurt. #notathreat thas #abet #SQUAD #everybodycantBerich

January 23, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. mythreeboyslapaixdansmoname

This is exactly what I say all the time about people who drink. The one's that want to keep it illegal are the very one's that go home & have their high dollar scotch & water, their afternoon glasses of wine & their weekend beers! Nobody should be able to criticize or pass laws concerning cannabis until they themselves have studied so many hours on it, pass a test & have actually consumed it for themselves. How in the heck can you pass judgment on something that you haven't even tried for yourself? Her comment that people don't drink to get high like they do with marijuana is laughable at best. So, I suppose people that drink are just trying to get their lemonade on? Get for real! Get educated about what you are talking about. You lose all credibility when you start spouting nonsense that you have absolutely nothing to back it up with! With all the chaos & havoc that alcohol wreaks on society I would think this would be a no brainer. It has been proven by many, may polls & research that marijuana is not the gateway drug that all think it is. Maybe it once was but not in the last 2-3 generations. The first thing teens usually try is alcohol because it is readily available in their parents' home. The next one on the list in recent history is prescription drugs because 99% of Americans are on some kind of prescription & the teens themselves are on some of the hardest prescription drugs available. Marijuana becoming legal is going to hurt the Big Pharma's bottom line no doubt! The government will lose their greedy amounts as well by not getting paid by Pharma while they are constantly trying to lobby against it & pay for their support to keep prescriptions going. Don't even get me started on the flu shots. Another Pharma greed machine! I think we ALL are aware why they made it illegal to begin with & why some still want to keep it that way, but it is too late Anne & all you other nincompoops out there, we have wised up. We have become educated & we know what you are trying to do. There is an awakening in America & they just cannot stand it because it is going to take millions out of their greedy sewer infested pockets! They can't even make an educated argument about it anymore because the truth is out! Anne go back to your wine glass & stay there with the rest of the dregs you so love to support! ...peace truth liberty unity...

January 23, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Christian

I smoke marijuana & have a great job that pays me $12.50 an hour working 12 hour shifts so it would be irrelevant of that woman to say such a thing.

January 23, 2014 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Farrah

One last thing on my comments... I am the rule and not the exception. I know plenty of "pot-heads" that are in the same or similar situation as I am. We don't go to meetings like those alcohol consuming individuals do (those who over indulge) but we do have a community. Also, not very many violent "pot-heads" guess she can't really say that about alcohol, when even minor consumption can affect ones demeanor negatively...

January 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Zachary Bollinger

She does realize that Ted Turner is a pot head and Steve Jobs was a pot head...right?

January 23, 2014 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Will

I do fabrication and i smoke and i do great at my job. I run heavy machinery, lift heavy steel, deal with numbers all day and laying out and bending stuff and i have no issues. She needs to get her facts right.

January 23, 2014 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Keef

lol I smoke before work and still do a damn good job. and they love me at my job also.

January 23, 2014 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Stephen

I could imagine there is a handful of cancer patients out there that would love to give her a piece of their mind. I wonder if she even knows that studies have shown that certain compounds found in marijuana have actually proven to protect and in cases even kill certain tumors. Can your $800 bottle of wine do that? Like many other people on this post I smoke the HERB. I hold a steady job that easily supports my family. I have chronic arthritis in my knees at the age of 29. Instead of taking a pill that's loaded with crazy dangerous side effects, I partake in the HERB to ease my pain. Its all about moderation. I wonder if she knows anything about that. Not by the looks of her in that clip. Furthermore, the comment about your tax dollars? How many of your tax dollars go to unemployed alcoholics who cant hold a steady job. How many people consume alcohol and drive killing countless innocent people every year? Riddle me that blondie. Lets get real people. The "potheads" you talk about sit around the house and eat cheetos. Like I said before its all about moderation. Now how bout them apples Coulter?

January 23, 2014 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Innocence lost

January 23, 2014 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. A in Pa

She drinks alcohol but people who smoke pot are bad....She admits that she has never tried it but is an expert on the effects? No scientic data need, Anne sees all and knows all!!!
    Interesting that she views herself as responsible in the use and actual benefits of alcohol while judging others for the use of a different product, that she has no personal experience with.
    I think I see a judgmental, self rightous hypocrite, I did, I did see a judgmental, self righous hypocrite.
    I bet she's one step away from a treatment program.

January 23, 2014 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Fred Evil

Why is Ann even talking about something she obviously knows so little about?

January 23, 2014 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. T IN TX

SHE HAS NO FLIPPING CLUE WHAT SHE IS TAKING ABOUT............

January 23, 2014 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Bilbo

The question I would ask Piers is this...Why with over 300 million people in this country does CNN feel it's necessary to have a foreigner with a British accent host one of the main prime time slots for this supposed news channel? Are they telling us they could find no American with adequate skills for the job? Or is it something more sinister?

January 23, 2014 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Really?

I'm you you would prefer a tall white man in his early 40s.

And that goes for every job in America, right? Except the minimum wage jobs. The accent really bothers you?

Get a clue this is America. There are more diversities in culture than anywhere else in the world. Go back to history class or take a trip around the world and see how it feels first hand.

Piers Morgan Live also gets broadcasted on the international CNN channel but I'm sure you didn't know CNN had an international channel.

January 25, 2014 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. Pokerick64

Wow, Anne!
    If she is the opposite of a pot head, I want to be labeled as a pot head.
    She needs to study up and do a little research or is it all for the media?

January 23, 2014 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Mike

Kunt.

January 23, 2014 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. eryn

what an ignorant biatch that is some of the stupidest sh!t ive ever heard! I smoke pot, own my own company, teach yoga in the evenings and raise two kids under 3 on my own! you can be a responsible pot smoker just like you claim some are responsible drinkers...I doubt she knows anything about pot what so ever, what an idiot

January 23, 2014 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. Nathan G

I can't believe a woman of her intelligence would actually believe any of the words coming out of her mouth...
    she has really lost a lot of respect from a lot of people

January 23, 2014 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • A in Pa

Actually she sounds like and alcoholic, loud mouth, know it all, drunk in denial about how stupid she makes herself look everytime she opens her mouths spouting off whatever, condescending remarks, exagerated and completly incorrect propaganda shes' had circling the drain that is their brain working in a downward spiral to pump up her ego and support her opinion that she's OK, those pot smokers have a problem. I'm guessing the she's put in front of the camera to show America what a pile of road apples looks like. Her remarks say more about her and her mental state and have nothing to do with the facts about pot smokers and their ability to preform under the influence. What scientic study has been done to compare the effects of alcohol vrs pot in while preforming certain tasks?

January 24, 2014 at 5:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  57. Mike

She should keep her mouth shut. She had drugs "alcohol" before going on the show then told a mouthful of lies , proving that it's actually who consume alcohol cannot do jobs properly. You wouldn't go to work high just like your not ment to drink alcohol before work. There is also different strains- different effects of marijuana, no matter how strong the weed though the person stoned would still talk more sense than this lier

January 23, 2014 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Jh

Maybe this will help anyone who doubts cannabis and medical value. Also I bet I can follow instructions better than Ms Coulter while after smoking a joint than she could after an $800 bottle of wine. Earning 2 college degree's(STEM) PTK 3.7 GPA, I hardly think that's unproductive.

January 23, 2014 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. Fiona London

What the hell does that piece of ignorant and stupid garbage know about performing a useful job?

January 24, 2014 at 3:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  60. Fiona London

Referring to her as a "lady" and "a woman of {her} intelligence" is a grave error and an insult to intelligent ladies everywhere.

January 24, 2014 at 3:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  61. Meg

Are you serious? I've been smoking for the last 6 years and this is my first time I've been unemployed in 4 years and it's not because I'm a pothead.

January 24, 2014 at 4:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  62. A in Pa

What scientic study has been done to compare the effects of alcohol vrs pot in while preforming tasks? But who needs personal experience or facts, when we have Anne and her phychic abilities to tell us things that she can't prove. Maybe she should take over Syliva Browns "job"?

January 24, 2014 at 5:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  63. Antony

'Everyone dies eventually' Who is this woman and why is she on the news? Very mis-informed!

January 24, 2014 at 6:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  64. Doug

It would be informative to see some actual numbers and an interview about what the all the taxpayer legal costs are, ( enforcement, courts, incarceration, etc.) from fighting the war on pot. I hope Colorado not only tracks the tax revenue from legalization, but also the cost savings from all legal enforcement actions.

January 24, 2014 at 8:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  65. Doug

The war on pot appears to be lost, as more states legalize pot and for something that seems to be available in every county in each state across the USA. I am not a pot smoker , but legalization of pot would save huge tax payer costs from enforcement actions, courts and incarceration at the county, state and federal level. The money and/or concentration of legal enforcement could then be used to attack the harder illegal drugs that seem to be on the rise across America. I believe they already figured this out during the era of prohibition.

January 24, 2014 at 8:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  66. therussellbazaar

She wants science, then here...

Breast Cancer – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21566064
    Epilepsy – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23902406
    Crohn's – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23648372
    Nicotine Addiction – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23685330
    Fibromyalgia – http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3080871/

Just a few UNBIASED reports.

January 24, 2014 at 9:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  67. JWK

Thank you Piers Morgan, for stating a logical, objective case as to pot use. Kudos for going head to head with the biased and illogical Ann Coulter! I tuned in to watch you, not her. And no, you are not rude, she is. You simply used her favorite tactic of interrupting everyone she speaks with to prevent their point of view from being voiced, and she obviously didn't care for it. Other hosts – take notes. This is how you deal with ideological prejudice. Great job. Fun interview ....

January 24, 2014 at 10:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • matt

Its the 1st time Piers Morgan has made sense in his entire career...but kudos

January 26, 2014 at 6:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  68. jordan

This lady is dumb enough said she obviesly has no idea wut pot does for both medical n economicle perposes smh ignorance is truley bliss

January 24, 2014 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. Chris

My god this woman is thick. Alcohol is good for you...... is she not aware that the reason that health professionals around the world recommend a certain amount of standard drinks is because for the body to break down alcohol, the body first changes it into another chemical that is highly carcinogenic. And that studies show that people who smoke Marijuana are no more likely to get cancer than people who don't. Recent studies also state that people who smoke cigarettes, and are regular users of Marijuana have no increased risk of cancer than a non smoker, even though smocking tobacco is a proven cause of cancer. I am a recreational user of Marijuana, and hold two degrees and post graduate diploma in professional accounting. Yet this imbecile thinks she will be paying for me to live. Thank god I don't live in the US. Or I would be subjected to diatribe from this incredibly stupid woman on a regular basis. On a brighter note, that was one of the funniest things I have seen in a news show.

January 25, 2014 at 7:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  70. matt

that lazy good for nothing Carl Sagan......you know whats worse is that Mann Coulture knows shes lying.

January 26, 2014 at 6:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  71. ANTHONY

ive listened to what this lady has had to say on several different issues , and not one time has she said anything intelligent about the topics she is speaking on. how does this idiot even make the piers morgan show in the first place? when she speaks she IS PROVING that stigma about blondes ! this pot debate and what she had to say made no sense ! if she thinks her ideology is correct on this matter then I bet she thinks her poo smells like WHITE CHOCLATE as well !

January 27, 2014 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  72. Jared Strembitsky

As a fellow pot smoker, and a citizen. This womens opinion is invalid, youve never smoked pot before so how would you have any idea that it makes you unmotivated and "lazy" for that matter. I smoke pot and am the hardest worker at my job. Im so tired of hearing people say marijuana is a "horrible drug". Well i hate to tell all you disbelievers out there, but marijuana will be legalized sooner or later. Its up to you wether or not you do it. You got a problem with it? Dont smoke it? But dont penalize people who do smoke it and say they are lazy, when really it has nothing to do with it.

January 28, 2014 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  73. Jared Strembitsky

Deaths from Marijuana = 0 ever...
    That is all.

January 28, 2014 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  74. scent of remains

She is as dumb as a rock. First off she admits she has never tried it, and second I bet alot of people use it to relax before going in front of a camera before big interviews. Both alcohol and marijuana have pro's and con's. Let's face it , just depends on one's preference.

January 29, 2014 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  75. Lenard

This woman is soooooo stupid

January 30, 2014 at 1:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  76. Evan

This woman. Sounds like all kinds of special. It bugs me when people accept drinking but not pot.

January 30, 2014 at 8:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  77. Peaches

Fellow Stoners.. Smoking game.. take a hit every time she contradicts herself, or spews out false information.

January 30, 2014 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  78. Thelmw

Neither can alcoholics and rx drug addicts.. And thats legal you dumb jagoff! Your a moron Ann!

January 30, 2014 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  79. Barb

BIOTCH please, i've been smoking since i was 14, i hold a 3.5 GPA IN COLLEGE, have outstanding customer service at MY JOB AND I AM AN ATHLETE.

DID SHE SERIOUSLY SAY ALCOHOL IS GOOD FOR YOU?!?!?!
    "at least they'd save me money if they'd just go ahead and die" are you flippin' serious? ANN YOU ARE AN IDIOT. Lady, you better watch your back, all your "pothead" friends might be plotting against you right about now.

January 31, 2014 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  80. Alex

I don't watch CNN at all... everyone with a brain knows not to.

Yes people drink to get high state of mind... that warm feeling she described is her addiction to the comfort she relies on from alcohol. "People only smoke to get high" again is not true, I have had cancerous relatives who used marijuana to ease pain and they never liked getting high. Also good for equalizing pressure in your eyes in glocoma patients.

Ignorant statements aside, it does seem like nobody could be this uneducated on the subject of marijuana. It makes me believe she is doing it on purpose to get more attention to CNN and her show.

February 1, 2014 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  81. kostasiampos

Tell Ann and the rest to shove it! http://teespring.com/coldhandsMJ

February 16, 2014 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  82. World_of_Difference

Anytime she calls users 'potheads' just call her 'Zombieface.'

February 16, 2014 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  83. AYFKM

This is totally unaware of the fact that she is exemplifying everything she's saying about "potheads".

February 23, 2014 at 1:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  84. Bruce Chapman

Coulter is nothing more than an ignorant reporter whom has her "opinions" written for her.
    Except, of course, when she decides to have a drinky or 2, or 3... before doing an interview about the evils of "POTHEADS" on our society.
    My opinion is that this woman is "all about the money" and if some one offers her a big enough payout to change her opinion about "POTHEADS", or anything for that matter, no one had better be standing in the way when she trips over her own feet while lunging for that paycheck (after of course having had a drinky or 2, or 3 from that $800 bottle of wine.

March 15, 2014 at 10:26 am | Report abuse | Reply