Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 3rd, 2014

Former girlfriend Stacey Nelkin defends Woody Allen, refutes accusations of child abuse and seductive tendencies

With rumors of Woody Allen's sexually abusive behavior resurfacing on the heels of an open letter in "The New York Times," on Monday evening "Piers Morgan Live" welcomed Stacey Nelkin for an exclusive, primetime interview.

Having dated Allen as a teenager, when she was 35 years his junior, Nelkin remains skeptical of the statements penned by Dylan Farrow, who is alleging to have been molested by her adoptive father as a seven-year-old. To Monday's guest, the latest claims are simply an extension of the ugly separation between Allen, and Dylan's adoptive mother, Mia Farrow:

"These accusations came on the heels of a horrible custody battle, Mia being extremely upset, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and she was hell-bent and determined to destroy something that he loved," said Nelkin, who insisted her own relationship with Allen was entirely consensual and not corrupt in the least. "Woody loved Dylan. We were in contact at the time, and he would talk about her a lot. He loved the kids that they had adopted together, and she took Dylan away by creating this whole scenario."

Since the allegations, Allen has vehemently denied any inappropriate behavior, calling the letter "untrue and disgraceful."

Joining Piers Morgan for a live conversation, Nelkin shared details of her own experiences getting caught in between Allen and Farrow, in which the latter's camp encouraged her to turn on her former lover:

"[They] asked if I would testify and admit that I was 15 when we dated, and I said 'no,' because I was not 15. I was 17, 18 and 19, and to me there's a big distinction between that, and I think they were looking for the fact that, you know, 15 is jail bait. Seventeen is a very different story," said Nelkin, who first met Allen on the set of the film “Manhattan." "I would not go along with that, so I think she was trying to create a pattern of, this is a man who looks for young girls and seduces them unwittingly and that's not true. I was very, very much willing to be dating him, I was thrilled."

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's interview with Nelkin, and for the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Dylan Believer

I guess Nelkin needed her 15 minutes of fame. But her claims have no bearing on Dylan's veracity, or right to her own voice.

February 3, 2014 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sue Hro

This is just more evidence that he has no issues with dating teens. 17 years old is not an appropriate age.

February 4, 2014 at 11:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • House4rent

I was married at 17. Seventeen is not too young to date although the 35 year age difference is icky.

February 4, 2014 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
      • AJ

What you think is appropriate is irrelevant – it's about "legal" or "illegal," and nothing more.

February 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. max

wolff was as up setting and off the wall as you get. he wouldn't even let you ask the questions and or answer the ones you asked. do I think Allen did this yes, he got a thing for little girls that is clear from the girls he dates. He just makes it look good dating them older than eight. By the way the Zimmerman cause I wanted to share with you and Bloom. I was at a book store and this women was taking this little girl out of the store. they didn't like the same so I step out to see if the child would stop crying. she didn't. the women took her to a small island and set her down. but the women keep looking around. I started to walk to her, she pick the child up. at this point am thinking I could get shot here. I should call the cops. But the women walked up to a car and stood there not opening it. my heart was beating but I needed to know if this car had a car seat for a child in. I pushed ahead. walking up looking in the car. the little girl took her hand and said mommy. I looked the women in her eyes and said I did not know if you were her mother. the women reached out and said don't feel a shame you did the right thing. as I walked a way the child said who was that. she said a brave women. But I had to think of Zimmerman and how this who thing could have been his story for me. do we just stop caring if a child gets kidnap or if some one is breaking in to homes?

February 4, 2014 at 1:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Karen

Hilarious! Al this proves...is that HE LIKES TEENS (and young girls!) Most 41 yr old men are Not dating teenagers!!! OMG! I don't care how she felt about it.

February 4, 2014 at 4:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Ellen

didn't Mia Farrow find nude pictures of her under age daughter taken by Allan before daughter went to live with him and Mia confronted him and he admitted their affair?

February 4, 2014 at 8:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Beth

True, except that she wasn't underage. She was 19 or 20.

February 4, 2014 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Crystal

I have read that the pictures were taken at age 17. How old she was when they were found I do not know, but she was 20 when they married much later.

February 4, 2014 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. C

A man dating a teenager who is barely legal, almost three times her age? This only convinces me more that Woody Allen is a pervert and a child molester.

February 4, 2014 at 10:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • J

Same here. Looks like a definite pattern to me also.

February 4, 2014 at 10:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pippers

I could not agree more! He is a gross pervert and a sicko!

February 4, 2014 at 11:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alex

Your opinion is irrelevant; no law was broken.

February 4, 2014 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Crystal

The opinions of consumers of entertainment products are always relevant.

February 4, 2014 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Pippers

This is unbelievable! Nelkin must have been a little nutty herself to be "dating" the creepo Allen who was 35 years older! Woody Allen is a pedophile, period!!

February 4, 2014 at 11:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dave Infinger

Like he was going to display this sort of behavior in front of her? What kind of women would come out and say anything at a time like this? She herself is sick to do so. I'm sure the naked pictures of his wife's step daughter were not shown to her either so give me a break and tell this ding bat to shut up. I believe Dylan Farrow. Someone make up a million t shirts and start selling them.

February 4, 2014 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Beth

You have every right to your opinion on this, Dave, but just please have the facts straight. Mia Farrow and Woody Allen were never married, so Mia wasn't his wife. And Soon-Yi was Mia's adopted daughter, with Andre Previn, not a stepdaughter. (And Previn was married to someone else when Mia became pregnant, which ended his marriage. And Mia and Previn totally cut off Soon-Yi once she was with Woody. So again, it's all a sad sad mess.)

February 4, 2014 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Beetle

Mia and Woody were partners who had children together. They formed a family of which Soon- Yi was a part. You cannot pretend she was not as she is in pictures with them and the other children. His role was that of step-father which is why Soon-Yi's mother asked him to spend more time with her, as a father. Soon-Yi was in a dependent position, more so than that of a teacher and pupil, because it was as a child of the family.

February 4, 2014 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drunken donut

I agree, team Dylan t-shirts. Unbelievable how people can support him.

February 4, 2014 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Karen

YES!!! T- SHIRTS! Let's start it!!! email me at thepopgirl at yaaaahhooooo

February 4, 2014 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • le

This woman TOTALLY contradicts herself- Woody Allen "was NOT a family man" she said but then he adopts 2 kids and just can't stop talking about Dylan....Never saw himself as a "father figure" but was infatuated with very young girls. yikes. freaky.

February 5, 2014 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Beth

I have no idea what happened between Woody Allen and his adopted daughter Dylan, and neither do any of the other commenters here. But the writer of the story above had his math wrong – she said she was 17 and Woody was 42 – so that's 25 years difference, not 35. Would I want my daughter dating someone that much older? Hell no!. But Jerry Seinfeld started dating his previous girlfriend when she was 17 and he was 38 - are you all going to call him a creep? And Mia Farrow started dating Frank Sinatra when she was 19 and he was almost 50. Is everyone here going to say what a creep Frank Sinatra was? And if Mia's suggestion that son Ronan is Frank's child, then clearly she wasn't the only one cheating in that relationship. It's all a sad sad mess with Dylan being the one true victim, one way or another..

February 4, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • AJ

Well-said, Beth.

February 4, 2014 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Beetle

Seinfeld and Sinatra were not in relationships with the mothers.

February 4, 2014 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Beth

Well, this story was about his relationship with Stacey Nelkin and people are commenting on their 25 year age difference.

February 4, 2014 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

"Jerry Seinfeld started dating his previous girlfriend when she was 17 and he was 38 – are you all going to call him a creep? "

Yes. Hell, yes.

February 8, 2014 at 12:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Jamie Gripich

Please do your math – you embarrass yourself. If Belkin was 17 and Allen was 42 – that's a 25 yr difference in their ages, not 35 yrs as you mention in the first sentence of the second graph. Come on, you make ridiculous mistakes like that in a story that requires absolute perfect translation of the facts, how can you be taken seriously. You owe it to everyone involved in the story to triple check your facts.

February 4, 2014 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Andy

There's a huge difference between being interested in/dating 17 and 18 year old girls and molesting 7 year olds. Those who fail to see the difference must not be thinking about this very clearly.

February 4, 2014 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Charlie Potatoes

The best part of the interview with Wolff was when he queried that perhaps
    Piers was a child molester. The clown prince almost blew a gasket.

February 4, 2014 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Terry

It is unfortunate that Mr. Allen is not around to defend himself. He did put himself into bad light when he married the adopted daughter. This case was investigated for six months and nothing was found to be wrong. Rushing to judgment does not help the situation at all considering how the divorce went between him and Mia! At least back then these cases were investigated unlike today where stardom seems to give you a pass no matter what you do other than the Hernandez situation. Just start counting the number of famous people who have committed crimes or have allegedly committed crimes starting with Michael Jackson and moving forward to today! Watching people like Sonny Postin just automatically convict the person without fear of libel or slander makes me want to vomit!

February 5, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Denelli

Way back when the Beatles visited Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in India (Mia Farrow was also there at that time), Mia Farrow made a grand-standing proclamation that Maharishi Mahesh Yogi had tried to molest or seduce her. I did not believe it then and I don't believe her or her daughter now. George Harrison never believed her Maharishi claims. No one should. She has a serious mental health illness and she spread it to her kids. She has poisoned an awful lot of people with her illness – including her whole family. It's been a long malicious "scorched earth" Mia Farrow rampage that's hurt a lot of innocent people – including her own children, Woody and a respected, beloved spiritual leader.

February 6, 2014 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Brianne Chantal

Woody Allen: The world would rather protect a child molester than the victim

Google that, folks.

February 8, 2014 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Brianne Chantal

I’m so sick of people defending Woody Allen or being like, “Well there’s no proof of him molesting Dylan Farrow so he’s not guilty.” Or, “He was never found guilty. Innocent until proven guilty.” Well with that profound logic, I guess OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman are all swell people who never committed any of the crimes they were accused of either. I mean after all, they weren’t found guilty, right?

More at: http://gossipingpens.com/2014/02/07/woody-allen-the-world-would-rather-protect-a-child-molester-than-the-victim/

February 8, 2014 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • BCPhasnofriends

Shut your pie hole, psycho. No one cares what you think, except you. You're nothing but a lying mouth piece. Ugly as hell, too.

Google Brianne Chantal + Kelly Clarkson. Heck, just google her name and see what a psychopathic cyber stalker she is.

April 5, 2014 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Kevin

Something is missing in this article. He dated Stacy when she was 17 but it says she first met him during Manhattan when she would have been 19, Her birth is listed ias 1959 and Manhattan came out in 1979. Maybe it's nothing if the consent age in NY at the time was 17 or 16, but dating a 17 year old actor when you are 41 and a director doesn't help Allen's cause. Add the fact that Stacy stated in another interview that the statute of limitations is passed can lead one to believe she was underage.

February 8, 2014 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Paula Jones

Obviously, I don't know what really happened, but this discussion has all the characteristics of a witch hunt. People who just jump to conclusions even though they haven't got the basic facts straight.
    Mr. Allen was not 35, but only 25 years, her senior. Furthermore they of course did not meet a the set of 'Manhattan', since that film is based on their relationship.
    Furthermore, Hollywood and the world beyond, is littered with examples of couples where an older man has hooked up with a younger woman. It's not flattering for either party, but to use it as proof in a sad child abuse case is illogical to say the least.
    Go home with your pitchforks and torches.

February 16, 2014 at 3:18 am | Report abuse | Reply