Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 5th, 2014

Amy Holmes, Marc Lamont Hill and Ben Ferguson react to Janet Mock's interviews

On the heels of Piers Morgan's second interview with Janet Mock in as many nights, on Wednesday evening the host invited a trio of insightful and energized guests to join him with their reactions and perspectives.

Having watched the author's exchange with Morgan from the "Piers Morgan Live" green room, Amy Holmes admiited to having trouble fully understanding the guest's ire:

"It was really more of a semantic issue here. Because the one and only reason why she's on this show, has written a book, is getting national attention, was because she was born with male genitalia, went through surgery and is now female," noted the anchor of "The Hot List" at theblaze.com. "That's frankly a pretty sensational thing to go through in life."

As Mock's interview aired, Marc Lamont Hill offered his support via twitter:

Then, in joining Morgan, the "HuffPost Live" host provided his assessment of where he felt the host had slipped up during his first go-round with Mock:

"I wish Janet in the interview had questioned you and challenged you on your use of language around boy and manhood. I think you were wrong to do it. I think she should have challenged you on it," he said, before attempting to explain why Mock might have waited nearly a week after the exchange initially taped before raising her concerns via social media. "I understand her point of being scared. A national interview on a major show on a major network. I could see how she was intimidated and upon watching it later had a different response."

Meanwhile, Ben Ferguson took an entirely different and significantly more skeptical approach (who found little support from the rest of the panel), in evaluating Mock's motives:

"This boils down to a simple issue. This is fake outrage by a woman who needs to sell books, who didn't have the guts to say anything to Piers because there was not a bad interview," said the conservative radio host. "You were incredibly gracious, Piers. And I don't give you a lot of credit. On this one, I'll give you full credit."

Watch the clip for more from Holmes, Hill, and Ferguson, and for the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Breaking the News
  1. Guni

God created men and created woman, and each child is born either as a boy or as a girl.
    Why people would like to be different today now?
    Buying her book would support not only financially Janet Mook, but also support something which in my humble opinion is not right.
    Having all those operations to be not an man anymore, but now be a woman, does not make sense.
    She would like to tell people helping those girls ( she should have said boys, etc.
    She was never a girl, she was a boy.
    Let him be, who he likes to be.
    He, now SHE, can't have children. So what is she now ?
    I hope he, now SHE will find herself, and I hope that he will be happy to be now a woman.
    All the best for your book sale.
    You made people interested buying it, but not me.
    I'm sure you will sell a lot of them.
    I wish Janet all the best for her future life.

February 6, 2014 at 12:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mikola

I don't think it is acceptable to denigrate someone for forming an opinion about what they perceive themselves to be. This individual was born a man and now accepts himself as a woman. The argument that she was born a baby versus being born with gender is really dysfunctional. We have too turn our brains off to accept this as fact. Political correctness is making us all look stupid. This individual was born a man and did not like that. Preferring men, he made changes to fulfill that desire. This action is acceptable in our society today. Why make up nonsense that he was a girl born into a man's body? Why create this transgender middle persona to defend a choice that is not illegal? Frankly, it seems that it would be easier to admit he was born a gay man and didn't like it that way, so surgery was a reasonable way to resolve his issue.

February 6, 2014 at 10:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jacob

Another idiot. Do you all come from the swamp at the same time? Frankly I'm surprised you are literate enough to type such garbage. May all of your children be transgendered or gay so YOU will know what it is like to be in that position. I wouldn't qualify myself as the most open minded person in the world, but to go to the extreme and modify one's body surgically to match what is going on in the mind is nothing to be taken lightly. There has to be something to it. It is absolutely diabolical to think one would do this to "avoid being gay". Again I must say to you go back to the swamp. I'm intolerant of intolerant people. Keep your nonsensical opinions to yourself.

February 7, 2014 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
      • Maggie

to Piers Hi Mr. Morgan (Doubt if you'll read this) anyway… with your gun stories you have brought a lot of hatred upon yourself. Why you feel the need to get involved with "another" (very diverse) country's internal affairs, does my head in. Being unlikeable is not the way to get brownie points. Sometimes your uglyold frumpish slip shows. BUT BUT BUT, it seems to me YOU have a human side – a nice side – a gregarious side (geez I couldn't find any of these attributes pertaining to you on the net anywhere -why did you go and make yourself so unpopular! Stop it already). You were "NICE" with this person Janet Mock. AND do you know what, you LOOKED YOUNGER while being nice. Can you possible stay on this line of thinking and convince us that this is the real Piers Morgan, that you're not the Ogre people paint you to be and that you could actually be very likeable… alas, I guess I am too insignificant to get this through your scull. I hate guns too but here in Africa as a white person who cannot even work in my own garden without the men around, EYE NEED THEM! it scares the thugs off. I already live behind several sets of bars within my goodly home. So please just stay on this track where you seem quite logical (oh G-d – AND, likeable) – nope I guess you'll revert to your old self. Sigh

February 8, 2014 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
    • BerkeleyAngel

Bravo for your godly commentary.

February 7, 2014 at 11:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jacob

Guni, you're an idiot. You haven't been through it, so you have no idea what you are talking about. Go back to the swamp.

February 7, 2014 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. R Naples

I find piers Morgan very irratating and frustrating however in the case of Janet Mock he was unfairly abused. I thought yesterday's interview was well done and I felt she did a good job representing the transgender community. Her behavior today has weakened her status in my eyes. I was thinking of buying the book but am no longer interested. she was not coached well.

February 6, 2014 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jacob

I agree with you. It was a great interview. I understand what she was saying being referred to as a boy must have stirred up something. I am no fan of Piers Morgan however, thought he did a great job with the initial interview and the follow up. Sorry Janet, in this case you should take a step back and put it in perspective.

February 7, 2014 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Dr Caren

As a gynecologist who has treated transgender women and become quite close to several of them, I felt the interview was appropriate and supportive. While perhaps society has not yet created the perfect language or context for this community to thrive, the author does no one any favors by being defensive duplicitous and combative. She may sell a few more books, but she has done her community a grave disservice.she come across as a ' hater' not a sympathetic person. She has such rage against anyone who does not perfectly understand or word her views. She expressed her anger but did nothing to educate a world that is still at best uncomfortable with transgendered individuals. Most people are food and want to understand and be kind to others. She did nothing to engender any change except higher book sales for herself. Being a " force advocate" does not mean being a student bully whose tone is too similar to the ignorant minority who rant against her community.

February 6, 2014 at 12:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • marlo59

Brava, Dr. Caren – Brava!

February 6, 2014 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. worldcares

Twenty years ago, I met an a individual who opened up to me. It was quite clear why this person wanted to change their gender.
    I watched the videos.
    If she is, indeed, a transgender, I have to ask, what is wrong with her pushing her book?
    CNN allowed it.

February 6, 2014 at 2:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Miriam

You can't have it both ways – either she's transgender or she's a woman. But if she's just another pretty black woman, she can't be famous, and obviously all she wants is to get her name out, not to actually help the situation. Being rude and a pain in the ass never helps anybody's cause.

February 6, 2014 at 7:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Mom cares

Tragic & sad she can not accept who she is but worst trying to corrupt other's lost gender minds. Sorry you are born a girl or a boy...... black, white, yellow or brown. Ok, so some wires in her mind got tangled, it can be fixed.
    Accept who you are or else you turn out like MJ unhappy in the grave.
    What bothers me most is the media gives her the voice & the publishers don't care a dam. I have some crap to sell can I come on your show?

February 6, 2014 at 7:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Does one really care to know

February 6, 2014 at 7:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Jennifer

Why give her so much time and space?

February 6, 2014 at 7:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Tyler

I can't stand Piers, but he's done nothing wrong here. This Janet "woman" openly says she was born a boy with a quick search of google:

February 6, 2014 at 9:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maggie

Sorry am confused. How could Piers have handled it better? This woman used expletives in her tweets – never heard Piers swear nevermind say anything derogatory. How should he know what is the correct way to address someone's otherwiseness (really am too scared to call it anything else now – just don't have a word). Do we have to watch our normal talking in front of every single person we meet nowadays just in case we don't know the modus operandi – oh and why should we learn if such exists?

February 6, 2014 at 11:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Maggie

Piers, way to GO!! you did absolutely nothing wrong. I watched both interviews. This person surmises that all on the planet should be au fait with their particular jargon – to h-ll with that. It will be a sorry day when they leave open the line at the bottom of a birth certificate to accommodate this minority. And as for the sciene, if her chromosomes have changed with everything else then good for her, but when she was born with an XY system, she will have rightly so, been called "it's a Boy!!" She also doesn't want to be thrown in with gays when nothing was said about that??? Can she just sort of join the human race already. Oh, and I am white in South Africa, but I was never priviledged. Universities, etc, what was that? it was a stupid route for her to take. YOU were so kind to her Piers – unlike what you sometimes are!

February 6, 2014 at 9:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Norman B

If you have a friend like Piers, you do not need enemies. Both could have handled the situation better, but Piers is meant to be the pro. A true friend of the transgender community would not have let that one idiot comment afterwards.

February 6, 2014 at 10:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. jay

if she could not be refered to as a 'boy' at birth then i dont see -by her own line of argument- how we can refer to her now as a 'woman'...generally label do not apply to her so she must just be a transgender but i could offend her by calling her a 'woman'! ...i think she was just trying to selling books but it may have just backfired cos people are not as stupid as she thinks they are....

February 6, 2014 at 11:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maggie

you're right Jay – Is she perchance lobbying that when our babies are born we ought not to say : "Wow look, it a little girl" or "a little boy" – does she begrudge mothers this kind of joy (nevermind what happens later on in life who cares anyway).

February 6, 2014 at 11:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Hannah Gold

I think Piers did a great job in his initial interview with Janet. He seemed truly interested and supportive. All he was doing was reiterating her words from her Marie Claire interview. She did not ever say anything about it not being her words. She was polite and engaging to Piers. For her to leave the show and 5 days later decide to say he was insulting is ludacris. Those mean nasty tweets of hers were completely unwarranted, which he exposed last night. She made herself look like a complete idiot. To deny that you were born a boy is insane. Janet just did a huge diservice to her community. She blew it. Her first interview was great, and she should be thankful that he let her promote her book. Shame on you Janet.

February 6, 2014 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. lindy

Janet Mock is male. Was born male, is still male. No amount of make-up and surgery can change biology. Adopting a gender stereotype of woman does not make any male a woman.

February 6, 2014 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tam

Applause!

February 7, 2014 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jacob

Go back to the swamp. Or say something that indicates you have an IQ that registers on a scale.

February 7, 2014 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Carlos B.

I have been watching Piers' interviews lately. I have to say he is a fair and balanced interviewer. This Janet Mock, who just made a "Mockery" of himself, is just another hyper sensitive idiot who wasted our time and Piers'. His 15 minutes are up, thank god. NEXT!!!!!!!!!

February 6, 2014 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. bs_filter

GTFOH. Hey if you want to get a surgical procedure then fine. But to say something so stupid then Marc Lamont Hill say something so stupid in the retort is just as dumb . But when you really need to stand up for your rights worldwide as a human and boycott the games where the country's leader doesn't even want you alive you qiver and shake and do nothing. You go to that country and contribute economically to that leader who doesn't like you, yeah important moment for tv. Whatever, so phony it hurts...

February 6, 2014 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Ann

I'm a transgender woman as well, and I think I can see the source of the issue pretty clearly. My story is very different than Janet Mock, and therein is a huge difference. Janet knew from a young age she was different, and pursued her goal, and did what she needed to as soon as she legally could. In my case, I also had feelings of being feminine very young, but did not seek to understand it, but tried to suppress it, not accepting who I was. Decades later I began to see who I was finally and learned to accept myself. But, in the years before that, I lived as much of a male existence as I could. Only now am I pursuing this and recently started hormones and will be changing my name and ID this year. And, I'm only a couple of years older than Piers! Could you imagine Piers going through this at *his* age?

So, for me, the 'packaging' as Janet puts it, would have been fine for me. And there's many others like me with a similar story, of finding this later in life. I have met plenty of those like Janet, and completely see their point as well. They *never* felt male, but instead truly felt like woman in a male body and took care of it as best they could as soon as they legally could. To them, yes, it is highly offensive to be thought of as ever male. But, for me, it is reality in that I *did* live as a male before changing genders. It took me decades to wrap my head around the concept of a female trapped in a male body.

I think the producers and writers of the show simply may not have known how sensitive an issue it is for those who know from day 1 they are in the wrong body. Probably my best advice to Piers and his staff is to ask any guest beforehand about this type of thing, or to ask them if there is anything they find offensive in the way people refer to them or their story. There are many types of transgender people, and even being one myself, I can't tell you how difficult it is to understand all the different transgender viewpoints and sensitivities there are out there.

Thank you Piers for trying your best to be understanding. Thank you Janet for being so brave and expressing yourself.

-Ann

February 6, 2014 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • LL2

I'm a woman and I really don't understand when transgender people say they feel "feminine" or "feel like a woman". How is a woman supposed to feel? I feel this kind of thinking is very stereotypical and somewhat offensive if one is going to suggest that a there is a particular way to "feel like a woman". Women are very diverse with different feelings and interests. If someone wants to call themselves a woman, that is their business. But to suggest that womanhood is based on a specific feeling is downright ignorant. I honestly don't feel any different from my brothers and I have a problem with anyone suggesting that the label "woman" means otherwise.

February 7, 2014 at 12:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Maggie

and YES LL2 you are SO right. I also am a woman and I don't feel anything – what is it that these people "feel". I get on with my life, take charge of the kids, complain about all the work I have to do, like to lie down when I'm tired, hitting menapause (never thought of that – do THOSE transgenders ever get THAT horrible thing? now THAT's when I feel something different), I eat too much and regret it, I need to exercise more (omg – I forgot today), wondering what I'll cook t'night… some people really think all the world's thinking should be aimed at them alone. BUT have to give it to Piers this time. Hey is the old guy getting better with age? Is he actually becming NICE? Lord help us.

February 7, 2014 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
      • BerkeleyAngel

I think that was the point, a woman would not know or even think about these things, because she embodies the norm and there is no societal pressure for her to conform otherwise. I guess the best analogy would be, imagine yourself today and how your picture yourself as a woman, your physicality and your relationships. Then imagine if you were to wake up for the rest of your life with a penis, and live the rest of your life this way, while still feeling your "womanhood." Now think how you would feel about yourself, how society will judge you, the bathroom you would go to, the relationship you would build. Imagine...

February 7, 2014 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
      • subzero05

Thank you LL2 and Maggie. It's ridiculous. Some even think that just because you wear makeup and a dress, that defines your womanhood. It's ridiculous. They're essentially putting "gender" into one box, because of their political views. No one is telling you to not live the way you choose. But don't tell us that just because you've always "felt" you're in the wrong body, that means you can twist and spin every fact known to humanity as it relates to a man & a woman. Stop the madness. It's okay to be wrong on something no matter what your cause is

February 8, 2014 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

Can someone stop this madness please. NO offence Ann. ALL of us have sensitivities. Are you ppl expecting the whole world to start studying up on your specific sensitivity and then to use the correct language which suits only you! I just had my very young son undergo QUINTUPLE bypass surgery – I cried. NO there's no special sensitivities I need. He almost died, you people have procedures done. Get on with it. Stop whining and when real life hits, then start yelling at an uncaring world, except this time round WHO CARES what should have been said or not to that Mock woman. Mind sensitivities mean didley squat when you're standing at death's door with one of your children. NO-ONE on earth could have said ANYTHING to offend me at the time, I was too heartbroken and too happy to have ANYTHING said to me. Get over yourselves!!!

February 7, 2014 at 4:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • BerkeleyAngel

I empathize for your son going through bypass surgery. But the fact is, your son doesn't go outside, and be mocked or victimized by violence for being who they are. Imagine that for your child when he was growing up, being bullied at school, or worst, committing suicide. These are the realities transgender people face. Being insensitive is a blatant disrespect to every child who today is going through this...

February 7, 2014 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
      • subzero05

Berkeley....one person almost lost their child. another person is using their political views to compare an illness to someone who hates their body because that's how they feel. At least take one moment not to sound so selfish

February 8, 2014 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  18. Darry Tan

I saw the interview where Janet returned. Absolutely 100% behind Piers Morgan. She didn't say she was unhappy during the interview but retaliated behind the cover of social media. Not cool. Piers Morgan rocks!

February 7, 2014 at 2:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Damie

Janet Mock, get over yourself. You were born with male genitalia and people born with male genitalia are called "boys." You were, therefore, born a boy. Period. You want to identify as a woman. So what? Get on with it and stop deluding yourself that it is your right to force the rest of us to adopt your preferred way of thinking and speaking. I don't mind calling you "Janet" and using the feminine pronoun – that is neither here nor there to me because I don't care enough about your issues and delusions to spend time on them. What I do care about is that Piers was kind, respectful, and welcoming to you and you treated him like s$_t.

February 7, 2014 at 2:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Sleddawg63

Wow, it takes a lot to make Piers look like a victim...Janet Mock did it. Set acceptance of Transgender issues back a few years over the course of one interview.

February 7, 2014 at 6:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. sharkusg

That woman is insufferable. The monumental chip in her shoulder must be a terrible burden.

February 7, 2014 at 7:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. SAE

I have been following Janet Mock's story since the Marie Claire article. I respect her advocacy for an silenced demographic. What she wants is tolerance, understanding and acceptance. But tolerance goes both ways. If you have a platform to tell your story and educate you have to it with grace. I think Piers was very fair during the interview but ignorant to some trans issues. He wasn't malicious just unaware and she had the opportunity to educate Piers and millions of others watching. I was disappointed to watch her seem so agitated when trying to explain the nuances to someone who really wanted to understand. It's a process. If you are leader you have to take charge of the platform given to so that you can educate the masses.

February 7, 2014 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maggie

I don't understand this "let's educate them (Piers and the rest of us)" – what must we be educated in, and why MUST we be educated. Am I going to be forced to be educated in yet another thing again? G-d nothing here makes sense. And , no, I'm decent to my fellow humans, really I can do without extra education.

February 7, 2014 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Ali

I am transgender myself, and think all the abuse he's getting is stupid. He handled it very well, the only thing he could of said was 'physically male' not 'male'. But hey he made it EASY for the outside community to understand. It was okay for Piers to refer to Janet as male before she was 18, when she was still LEGALLY classified a male. This is just blowing something up out of nothing. Plus if she was that agitated/insulted by it, surely she would of paused Piers and corrected him, informed the viewers and what not. We the transcommunity have to deal with the fact that yes technically, according to law we were the opposite gender that we are now no matter what our brains said and that is what other people will view us as back then. Dear god its like walking on eggshells, and all the transgendered people or supporters raging at Piers are just making this a whole lot worse. LEAVE IT!

February 7, 2014 at 10:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. BerkeleyAngel

The commentator on the far right is wrong. Gender is not a dichotomy, not is it genetically expressive of only those two forms. It is the world who has adopted to IDENTIFY people and categorize them into 2 distinct groups which as we are finding out today, is not the case in nature. This is the actual fact. You do a huge disservice by not incorporating information that is closely factual. As Ms. Mock stated to her defense, she was indeed born "a baby." We often forget that what society labels or the doctor pronounces at birth is SHOULD NOT be the final verdict of one's gender, that it evolves over time, and most importantly it embodies a personal side to it. As a transgender advocate, to keep calling someone who is transgender and referring to their past "as a boy," or "the fact being she was born a boy" is simply denying them of the respect, because body dysmorphia pervades throughout their lifetime. I do thank Mr. Morgan for his openness to embrace a community that has long been marginalized and stigmatized by society, and is still quite evident in this group interview.
    Also for the doctor who has treated transgender folks, I hope you would learn to advocate not only in your practice, but in policies that seek to provide respect and understanding. IF you truly understood Ms. Mock's reaction, vertical/horizonatal perpetration of violence in this community will precipitate, and understanding it and accepting that as part of the dialogue should be examined.

February 7, 2014 at 11:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • subzero05

You can dream up any & everything you please. But the human species are separated as man & woman. That is a fact. It is not some arbitrary term that we assigned to people....it exists. Just because you do not believe it exists does not make it so. There are female dogs, male dogs, female animals, male animals. You yourself are the product of a man & a woman. What you & others in the trans-community have done is create your own imaginary world and demand people live in it. It is okay to want to live as the opposite gender. But just because you "feel" like you or something does not disregard and everything else. There is no disservice being done here.

This notion that society is the one that labels people is laughable & ridiculous. You are labeled by what you are born. Taking a bunch of hormone pills and undergoing extensive surgery may make one feel better in their mind, but it doesn't change actual facts. Being transgender and having your feelings hurt because someone said you were born a "boy" does not make you right. You are not above criticism because of your feelings, you have to actually attempt logical & reasonable sense. We are born male & female, with distinct aging processes & a combination of factors UNIQUE to each gender. Period. No amount of psychobabble will change that. Doesn't matter how strong your imagination & feelings are

February 8, 2014 at 1:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Maggie

Subzero05 WISH I could write like you do – totally logical what you just wrote. Thank you – sanity prevails once again.

February 8, 2014 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
      • Ali

I hope one of your relatives is transgender. Didn't know you had the power to decide all this? Opinions dear, these are only opinions.

February 8, 2014 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
      • Maggie

why do some people always resort to cursing other people's children? What is it within you to do that, simply because those very same people thought someone (Piers) was unfairly insulted. Now that's really strange. We, the ones that you feel so much hatred for now, do no wish any ill on you and yours… just goes to show. And listen, penicillin, small pox vaccines, oxygen, science laboratories where stuff is totally proven (like DNA) is definitely not a case of opinion! Opinion's are like whether the sky look light blue or azure.

February 8, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Michael Davison

Using the word "boy" or "man" is an acceptable shorthand for saying "you were a baby/child/adult who was had male genitalia". Look how ridiculous this would sound:

So Ms. Mock, you were born a baby who had male genitalia. Then, as you grew up, you became a child who had male genitalia who identified as female. And at the age of 18 when you became an adult with male genitalia who identified as female you decided to have the surgery that would enable you to become an adult with female genitalia who identified as female.

Janet Mock is the one who should have handled herself differently. She showed a complete lack of honesty and integrity in how she conducted herself. She should have apologized to Piers for not divulging her feelings about him using the word "boy" and "man". Once she had kept that to herself, it was utterly inappropriate and unfair to trash Piers publicly. She had time to reflect upon that and yet still returned to his show without even any remorse over her unfair treatment of him.

I normally disagree with Piers on many issues, but I give him a lot credit for giving her a chance to explain her unfair attacks on him, tolerating her trying to police our everyday language, and graciously offering her good advice at the end of the show, after she showed no remorse about how she had mistreated him. If he did anything wrong at all, he was perhaps too kind.

February 9, 2014 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Hilt

I don't understand why everyone thinks she was being argumentative or confrontational in the second interview. In my opinion she remained courteous, came on for a second interview at his request, and simply answered the questions he asked of her.

February 10, 2014 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maggie

Hilt, you obviously did not see how she tore him out on twitter – the expletive angry sarcasm against Mr. morgan – did you miss that?

February 11, 2014 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. kathryn moore

Ben Ferguson is trying to spin an issue that is impossible to justify-the legalized discrimination of a particular group of Kansans. I am a native Kansan and I will tell you that this abomination of a bill is the product of a few very hard right politicians in Topeka, under the leadership of the governor, and it is not sitting well with most Kansans. If I can believe my email and my local news, the Republican Senate is pulling away from support of this ridiculous bill, as well they should. It is the worst piece of anti religious, anti-Christian, and anti-humanitarian tripe I have ever seen, and it does not reflect the Kansas character. Mr. Ferguson's attempt to narrow it to celebratory activities of the gay community, and his inability to explain how that could be identified, much less why it should be identified, is laughable. I have communicated to my legislators that I will not vote for a single individual who voted in favor if it, and I will be letting my Chamber of Commerce know that I will not spend a single dollar in any business that discriminates against a member of any group just because the legislature decides to say it's OK.

February 15, 2014 at 11:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. kathryn more

If the above comment was on the wrong thread, I apologize. I was responding to the interview this morning with Mr. Ferguson regarding the bill just passed in the Kansas legislature allowing for discrimination against gays, and denying them the right to court action in the case of discrimination. It is much on the minds of Kansans today,

February 15, 2014 at 11:26 am | Report abuse | Reply