Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 21st, 2014

Jordan Belfort offers qualification for movie's abusive scene: "That moment was the highest I'd ever been in my life"

With the Academy Awards about a week away, tonight, the man whose autobiography inspired the Oscar-nominated film "The Wolf of Wall Street" joins "Piers Morgan Live" for a live, hour-long, face to face interview.

Depicted on screen by legendary Hollywood icon Leonardo DiCaprio, Jordan Belfort is made to be a man who employs unethical stockbroking tactics as a way to bilk investors out of hundreds of thousand of dollars.

And while the 51-year-old has no trouble admitting his shady business practices, he does take exception to the way the movie portrays the relationship with his family. In fact, he went so far as to take his eldest child to the theater so as to point out any inaccuracies:

"I took my son to the movie – he was 18 – with my ex-wife,” Belfort tells Piers Morgan. “Together, because we wanted to show him what was true.”

Belfort is particularly defensive of a controversial scene in which DiCaprio’s character kicks his wife down the stairs of their mansion home, while the couple's small daughter looked on:

“That moment was the highest I'd ever been in my life,” Belfort says of the incident. “I hadn't slept in probably two months because of all the cocaine.”

While the drug-induced high resulted in an all-time low, Belfort claims that overall he was and is a good father:

“At first ... they don't even remember because I got sober when they were still, you know, babies,” Belfort tells Morgan. “But my children are obviously proud of me and they know me for the man I am today.”

Tune in to CNN tonight at 9 for the full, exclusive interview.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

1. KC Hicks

Jordon Belfort is nothing more then a crook who stole millions of dollars from people – like my Gram Mother who lost 140k to his scams. Piers must be really desperate for guests. Bring back Alex Jones...at least he was entertaining!

February 21, 2014 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Eddie Haskell

Boesky, Milken, Madoff and Belfort. When will the American people wake up: NEVER TRUST A JEW!!!!

February 24, 2014 at 9:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. William Stanford

Belfort is a crook, but i prefer him to Piers, horrible listeners make bad interviewers.

February 21, 2014 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kristenmarwales

This Site We Make For Jobless People If Any One Want To Earn Much More Money For Short Time So Visit Here

February 24, 2014 at 6:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Pat

Thank God this twit is out. Sadly, CNN will probably hold him in some capacity until his contract is up in September.

February 23, 2014 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Tino Serrano

So heart-breaking to watch Piers self-destruct over the past six months. He is a man of immense knowledge and immeasurable communications skills, but he dissembled into a strident shrieker over guns. You cannot maintain an audience which becomes the target of an endless tirade, particularly one supported with comparisons to "Jolly Old." Surely he must know from whence we came, and, more importantly, why. I'll miss the former Piers. I've missed him for months.

February 24, 2014 at 2:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. PA Man

I stopped watching as soon as he started his fanatic rant about guns.Glad to see they pulled the plug on his show.
    Sincerely,
    Grandpa

February 24, 2014 at 6:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. brasstacs

Yesssssssssssss ....Finally the arrogant snooty deceitful,tabloid gossipmonger Piers Morgan has been fired...But why did it take so long ???

February 24, 2014 at 10:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Mike H

Goodbye Piers – glad you'll be gone. You are an insult to intelligence!! Do us one more favor and go back to the UK.

February 24, 2014 at 11:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. DANA ROWE

I havent paid much attention to your show, since you started all the gun crying, and standing on the graves and preaching, thought you were going to get rid of the guns, the way you did in britian. Well not here, what you got rid of, was your show, and I must say thank god, forget the gun thing, you were never a very good host anyway, you are just to arrogant for one, but the gun thing hastened your demise, I sincerely hope you go back to britian, and we never hear from you again.I am sure I speak for all of us gun nuts when we say , time for you to get the hell out of dodge, I am sure this is probably late ,sounds like your show has been on the chopping block for awhile, but like I say , us gun nuts havent paid any attention to your show, and have turned as many as we can against it. Oh I guess we won, woooooooo hooooooo this is a great day . p.s. need help packin

February 24, 2014 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. DANA ROWE

Sorry, just one final thought, cant help myself,Hey piers, when you get back to Britian, why dont you spell it out to the rest of your countrymen, no matter how many times you brits come over here , you are going to lose, we are not your colonies , we are your betters, We threw your ancestors out, and now you, get it thru your heads, we do not answer to, or cower to ,the brits, We dictate to the british , so here are your orders , LEAVE THIS COUNTRY AND DONT COME BACK EVER ,paid for by all gun toting , red blooded americans , who have had enough of arrogant ,know it all Brits. and the NRA helped.

February 24, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. DANA ROWE

I LOVE YOU TED TURNER, FOR FIRING PIERS MORGAN , IF YOU KEEP HIM OFF YOUR NETWORK ,I PLEDGE TO WATCH THE REPLACEMENT SHOW, CONSISTENTLY,

February 24, 2014 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • pAUL

YOU LOVE YOUR GUNS MORE THAN YOU LOVE YOUR LIFE AND THE LIFE OF INNOCENT CHILDERN !

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR 350 MILLION GUNS, YOU CRAZY MANIACS. KEEP SHOOTING EACH OTHER-!!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY THOUSANDS MORE PEOPLE NEED TO BE KILLED EVERY YEAR, UNTIL YOU LEARN SOMETHING ?

February 24, 2014 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. PAUL

AT LEAST NOW I DO NOT HAVE TO WATCH RUDY GIULIANI EVERY OTHER DAY – AND THIS EGOMANIAC AND IDIOT TRUMP TWICE A MONTH GETTING SOFTBALL-QUESTIONS FROM PIERS. ON THE OTHER HAND, ALL YOU NRA-FANS AND GUN-NUTS OUT THERE WILL BE CELEBRATING – AT LEAST UNTIL ONE OF YOUR KIDS KILLS HIMSELF WITH YOUR GUN BY ACCIDENT.... OR YOUR KIDS GETS KILLED BY ANOTHER MANIAC WITH ONE OF THOSE GUNS, YOU SEEM TO LOVE MORE THAN YOUR LIFE...........

February 24, 2014 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. ELMAR SCHÄFER

piers i know i´m too late but isn´t it always like that. i don´t know how to go on without you. i will miss you. fortunately you´re not a woman. i will also miss belfort. he could have been my friend. but i have no friends only enemies. enemies

February 24, 2014 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Charlie Potatoes

Anderson and Lemon will always have a place for you up their anus.

February 24, 2014 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. DANA

Get a grip Paul ,guns dont kill people, people kill people, I have a gun out right now, that I am cleaning, guess what it is doing, nothing ,just laying on the table, I told it to clean itself, but it cant, if no one picks it up, it just lays there. Guns arent any different than any other tool, all you people who get your pantys in a bind over guns, should really get em in a bind about crazy people, thats your problem, not guns.But when you are so ignorant that you cant see the problem, I grew up with guns everyone I knew had guns , now I have guns, no one I know has ever shot anyone or been shot, no different than a fishing pole, really quit worrying about em , they are not a problem , crazy people you should worry about, especially if you dont have any guns.Because you have no way to protect yourself.

February 24, 2014 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • PAUL

YES, DANA. I KNOW: PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE, NOT GUNS. I HAVE HEARD THAT ARGUMENT A THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE. BUT IT IS MUCH EASIER WITH A GUN IN YOUR POCKET: AND THAT'S WHY THAT "LAW-ABIDING CITIZEN" IN FLORIDA KILLED THAT BLACK BOY, BECAUSE HE DID NOT LIKE HIS MUSIC – AND THAT'S WHY THAT EX-COP, ALSO IN FLORIDA KILLED THAT FATHER OF A YOUNG CHILD IN A MOVIE-THEATRE, BECAUSE HE WAS TEXTING SOMETHING ON HIS PHONE. AND THAT MADNESS WILL NEVER CHANGE, BECAUSE US-POLITICANS ARE ALL AFRAID OF THE NRA, WHICH DOES NOT REALLY REPRESENT HONEST GUN-OWNERS LIKE YOU, BUT THE MERCHANTS OF DEATH: THE GUN-COMPANIES, THAT MAKE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS EVERY YEAR ON THE FEAR OF PEOPLE....

February 25, 2014 at 7:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Liberal American

I complained to the network the day they hired this "pretty boy", I'll slppe better after he's gone home, stood trial for his crimes and goes to prison. CNN will never be able to erase the shame it earned with him on the air trying to spread his loathing of Americans.

February 24, 2014 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Roulette Strategy

Hi there to all, for the reason that I am genuinely eager of reading this web site's
    post to be updated daily. It contains good data.

April 8, 2014 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. LegendRings.com

Many thanks! That was fabulous :)

April 9, 2014 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. hcg weight loss Groupon

These techniques are doomed to fail because they are not only unsustainable but also unhealthy when practiced over a long period of time.
    HCG or human chorionic gonadotropin hormone is produced by pregnant women and is found in their urine.
    Day 1-2: You need to get 25-drop dosage before every meal.
    Yeast infections during pregnancy may be another cause of
    your secretions. When participating in the HCG diet plan, it is imperative that the
    dieter avoid foods containing antibiotics since the.
    Nevertheless, in some cases where the individual is heavily more than excess weight, then the standard treatment of 26 times does not work.
    He then went on to explain that he had decided do
    to health concerns, to drop some weight quickly, and
    had heard from a friend that this HCG Diet was the real deal.
    Most people are afraid when they hear they can only eat 500 calories
    but because the HCG will be signaling the body to release stored fat, your cells will be getting the nourishment they need and you will not be hungry.
    You can make a summary of organic foods which are approved on the
    HCG diet protocol and head for that organic section of the
    nearest. Even with the warnings in place, doctors still prescribe the injections.

July 9, 2014 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. exclusive bouncy castle

You should take part in a contest for one of the finest
    sites online. I will recommend this site!

July 10, 2014 at 5:40 am | Report abuse | Reply