Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 28th, 2014

Politics, Prison, Partisanship, and Piety – A collection of thought-provoking moments from "Piers Morgan Live"

During the course of more than 39 groundbreaking months inside a trademark blue-green studio, Piers Morgan welcomed a diverse combination of headline-grabbing newsmakers, influential religious leaders and political power players.

But as multi-faceted as was his collection of guests, the host's goals always reflected a singular approach: ask thought-provoking questions, tell great stories and share unique perspective.

As such, CNN's 9 p.m. primetime hour regularly made viewers think, occasionally made guests cry and always made for good television.

Now, in honor of his final hours anchoring the show as only he could, it is with great pride and pleasure that we share some of Piers Morgan's most iconic and symbolic interviews.

April 24th, 2012 – The Dalai Lama loves George W. Bush

September 17th, 2013 – Rick Warren: "Matthew ... was afraid of pain"

February 21st, 2012 – Chris Christie on Warren Buffett: "Write a check
and shut up"

July 15th, 2013 – Rachel Jeantel stays cool: "My parents taught me better"

June 11th, 2012 – Jesse Ventura, "Democrips" and "Rebloodicans"

July 24th, 2012 – Moore won't be back on "these damn TV shows"

March 30th, 2012 – Robert Zimmerman: "George showed restraint"

September 29th, 2011 – Damien Echols, WM3: No sunlight for a decade

September 25th, 2013 – Bill Clinton does his best Bono

July 27th, 2012 – Romney: "When you attack success you have less"

Of the above interviews, was there one you found to be particularly insightful or though-provoking?

And to see more of Piers Morgan's most memorable conversations, check out a collection dedicated to entertainment icons, as well as a series of the program's most explosive moments.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Bonnie

I'm so sorry to hear Pierce Morgan will be leaving. I've so enjoyed his show. I appreciate and admire his strong stance against gun violence in america. He's been a friend to all of us.
    thank you Pierce.
    God bless and keep you
    Bonnie

March 28, 2014 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • use to like Piers

Try to find the right spot to post...too bad cnn makes it harder....but...Mr. Good Guy...Loving of Americans....Take there guns...but FEMA buys with OUR money HOLLOW POINT bullets....More than enuf to fight both wars and over....Who are they going to shoot...n why shoulnt the americans be worried themselfs. I know your not going to answear...but hopefully some will read this and realize you are just a...pawn thats why cnn cancelled you.

March 28, 2014 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Donna

Piers Morgan: a man of integrity whom I greatly respect for his stand on the gun control issue, sad to see you have sacked him CNN, my respect for you CNN is damaged by your own actions in your firing this of decent decent man. Pls give Mr. Morgan another show and quickly. Mr. Morgan, thankyou for your courage.

March 28, 2014 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • james

I dissagree...first thing they have done right

March 28, 2014 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Joyce

Piers Morgan's farewell speech was right-on. I would hope we Americans would heed what he is saying. We have had the biggest snow job put over on us by the NRA. America has become a violent country where one is afraid to venture out of the safety of the home. Piers, don't give up trying to make us Americans make our country a safer and happier place!

March 28, 2014 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. nick

Piers, you got canned because of your continued anti gun commentary. It was daily and never ending. There are 40, 000 troops massed on the Ukranian border. That will never happen here. When Putin rolls into Kiev who do you think will come to the rescue? The rest of Europe is dissarmed along with Jolly Old England. Take you cricket bat and go home. We'll be practicing at the range, call us when u need us.

March 28, 2014 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • gfgfgf

gfdfdgdfgf

March 28, 2014 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • james

March 28, 2014 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DD

Nick. Please try and comment with some intelligence in your thoughts. Will do everyone a favour and yourself a bigger favour.

March 28, 2014 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • The Patriot

Actually, that was a quite intelligent post. It seems that Piers missed a big point in gun control that Nick hit home: in areas with more gun control, more high crime is committed, not because there need to be more restrictions, but because people cannot defend themselves. Besides, creating restrictions does not ensure a thug will follow them. In fact, they can easily attain a weapon from the Black Market. I wish Piers the best, but I hope he gets his facts straight on guns soon. Guns do not kill people: people with guns kill people. We need to make sure guns go in the hands of the good guys, and adding restrictions will only take that away.

March 31, 2014 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. Gail

I regret for reporting everywhere, that Piers will no longer be on CNN. Everyone's loss.

March 28, 2014 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Caroline

I have really enjoyed your show and have shared some of your opinions. You always spoke your mind and defended your opinions. Thank you for caring enough to make bold statements that many other journalists are too scared to make. Thank you Sir for your hard work and good look on your future projects. God Bless you.

March 28, 2014 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Mary Sabadosh

I say, twill be very slow at 9:00p.m. without Piers....I love your honesty, your integrity, and your blimy accent.
    You're quite a package and CNN is gonna regret letting you go.
    Good luck.

March 28, 2014 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Brenda Collins

Piers....will miss your strong stance on issues. Like your "do not mince with words" approach. Totally with you on gun control! Loved, loved, lived your show!! God Bless you.

March 28, 2014 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • james

I think you are misquided...there is not focus on the other related issues.

March 28, 2014 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. james

Piers is a real ass. take out guns but feed FEMA money for hollow point bullets and quilletines. Yea...why would anyone want to own a gun....Im sure Piers does!

March 28, 2014 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • james

Only thing is Nick...when Piers calls....were not going to answear!

March 28, 2014 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. james

no wonder you mommy and pappy CNN dropped you...just like there going to TRY to drop 7 million others.

March 28, 2014 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. james

IM SORRY 7 BILLION!

March 28, 2014 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. james

N why the fuk is CNN only reporting on the missing plane....what about the war we are about to enter!....HMMMM

March 28, 2014 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. james

if they drop you....wonder what kind of MONSTER there going to replace u with.

March 28, 2014 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Cecilia

Piers, you are wrong. Your time would have been better spent talking about the lack of needed mental health care in the United States, rather than talking about guns. Guns don't kill people Piers, the people who have cried out for help and were not heard are the ones killing people. Too bad you chose that subject, you wasted your last night. Well at least it's your last night, and we will not be inflicted with your empty rants.

March 28, 2014 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. DD

I think contrary to most opinion I have read (from many who are uninformed) and categorically state that Piers Morgan is excellent, has done an excellent job and is one of the best interviewers I have heard. On par with the equally excellent Anderson Cooper, I think Piers Morgan has tried to contribute some self questioning to the American public. Against mindless and self centred people like the leader of NRA Piers Morgan has tried to infuse reason within the American populace. The fact that he left CNN is a sad reflection on the American society rather than Piers Morgan. Well done Piers and thank you for your amazing input to the American and Canadian public.

March 28, 2014 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. james

Cecile....he cannot answear...cuz he is one of those soooo deeply in need of such help. Karma is a beotch

March 28, 2014 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. james

WOOOO Hooooo!....where are all the supporters Piers bragged about....NOT HERE!

March 28, 2014 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. james

all due respect...i did watch u piers and I liked you...but...I think I saw through you....god bless you and I wish you well in your future ventures...sorry for all the previous posts...but those are the questions we are going to be left with. Perhaps I have just misunderstood you.

March 28, 2014 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Dianne

I will miss Piers Morgan. I will miss his intellect, his personality and his views on gun control. I totally agree with him. CNN needs to recruit more intelligent, forward thinking hosts – not get rid of ones like Pierce.

March 28, 2014 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Leslie Sieveke

PEACE OUT for now, Piers. You'll be back in some new iteration with a valuable point of view.
    I shall sorely miss your intellect; the shrewd conversations (except for Donald Trump); your presence as a much-needed outspoken advocate for gun control; and yes even your truculence.
    Move ahead with your own production.

March 29, 2014 at 1:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Lawrence

Farewell, Piers. Your nightly program was the only thing truly worth watching on CNN – or any other US network, for that matter.

Your courageous and intelligent criticism of the US's imbedded gun culture resonated with folks around the world. But alas, courageous and intelligent criticism is no match for the $ stranglehold that the NRA gun lobby has on so many cowardly politicians. If the President of the United States has no influence on issue, there will clearly be no resolution to the problem. It will only get worse. So be it.

Look forward to seeing you again on my BBC cable channel.

Lawrence/Vancouver

March 29, 2014 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Steve Webb

Jim Flaherty died in Canada Yesterday
    And they lowered the Flag on Capital Hill to half mast.
    I am so Glad that Joe Flaherty did not Die.
    Also last week Bishop Lacey died who was a Irish 97 Year old Bishop.
    What these people have in common is that they are all of Irish decent like ROB FORD.
    Long Live Rob Ford.
    But I still think that the News is to SECULAR.

April 12, 2014 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. sonofabrit

Piers,
    Good luck in Columbia and Nicaragua where your preaching on gun control has much more potential to do good than here.

April 23, 2014 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. nedicandrijana

nedicandrijana.wordpress.com

May 19, 2014 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Steve Webb

The WORLD CUP GAMES ARE ALL FIXED.
    If I WAS YOU I WOULD HAVE EVERY
    WORLD CUP REFERE CRIMINALY
    INVESTIGATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 13, 2014 at 10:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Steve Webb

DORFMAN I don't know what kind of CAGE
    You grew up in.
    But yesterday New York City Police Killed a Child Molester.
    They should have killed you INSTEAD.

July 29, 2014 at 11:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Steve Webb

I Think we should ABOLISH CAR RACING
    I THINK WE SHOULD ABOLISH CAR RACING.
    I THINK WE SHOULD ABOLISH CAR RACING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 11, 2014 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply