READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at Piers Morgan Tonight will put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 23, 2010, Rahm finds out whether he can run for Mayor today – also, Oprah and a Russian spy update.
• Rahm Emanuel won a key ruling Wednesday night in his bid to run for Chicago Mayor, but today is the big day. From Paul Steinhauser: "Commissioners on the Chicago Board of Elections are expected to rule Thursday on whether former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel should appear on the ballot in February's mayoral election."
• While the President left for Hawaii last night, the Senate and House of Representatives adjourned for the year, to return January 5. Get ready for the new members to take office.
• Oprah Winfrey had some positive, and some negative, words to say about Sarah Palin in a recent Parade magazine issue. While she thinks "America's going to fall in love with her" after her current reality show, she's less bullish on Palin as President. "It does not scare me because I believe in the intelligence of the American public," she said.
• How about an update on the media's favorite Russian spy, Anna Chapman. Well, "Chapman was elected to the public board of the pro-government The Young Guard of United Russia on Wednesday, according to Russian news agency reports."
• NBA legend Michael Jordan, now owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, parted ways with his former college coach and the Bobcats current coach Larry Brown, after a slow start.
• Here's an odd story when it comes to year-end awards. The MTVU (MTV's college network) has picked their Man and Woman of the year. Man? Robert Gates. Woman? Nicki Minaj.