Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Watch "Piers Morgan Tonight" with Piers tonight... on Twitter
January 17th, 2011

Watch "Piers Morgan Tonight" with Piers tonight... on Twitter

For the premiere of "Piers Morgan Tonight," Piers Morgan will be taking to his new favorite toy, Twitter, to interact with viewers and comment in real time. Follow @PiersMorgan while he live-tweets the show, beginning before 9pmET and through the whole Oprah Winfrey interview.

He will live-tweet again for the U.K. prime time airing, at 8pm local time tomorrow (3pmET tomorrow). Also, as you tweet about the show, you can use the hashtag #Piers to join the conversation. Follow the show at @PiersTonight as well.

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. SFTroy

Is it just me, or is everyone else already sick of the endless Piers hype? He seems kind of full of himself and is trying to be a CNN superstar before he has proven his worthiness. Banning Madonna... who cares? Based upon the blather I've heard from him so far, I'll give him a year in that time slot... jmho

January 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Diane Norling

Yes, I am sick to death of Piers, he is rude, likes to hear himself talk and is not a fair host to his guests. I won't be inviting such a self indulgent person into my home.

July 23, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Joe West

I will not watch your show. I hate having to clear the pop-up ad for it every time I go to cnn.com. The ad is cheap, boring, and a waste of my time.

January 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Mike O'Neill

Larry King show Outsourced to a Crashing Bore Brit. No Americans available to do a talk show? I give this clown 3 months.Spiters time is just about up no ratings no personality.

January 17, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Maria Pecoraro

Can't wait to see the show! Loved you on Celebrity Apprentice. I think you will had a new twist to talk and interviews!

January 17, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jim

Your ad is beyond annoying.

January 17, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. CwesG

I will not be watching, I am insulted that we could not find an American to do this job. Bill Maher was the best person for the job, If you wonder why the ratings suck-it is because the decision makers are bad at making decisions.

January 17, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Debbie

The set design is distracting – the green salad planters with the moving cameras take away from the focus on the guest (Oprah) and host (Piers). Please reconsider and do not over think the set design. Best of luck to the new show! – Debbie Smetana
    Fayetteville, Ga.

January 17, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. stwebb

Amazing interview (so far) with Oprah. Thank you CNN for allowing Piers Morgan to replace Larry King. Now please get Paul & Ringo back on CNN for real questions!!! I'm sure Piers can work something out! These guys are in or near their 70's, there's not much time left for the ultimate interview. No need to include Olivia and Yoko...let's just get the surviving Beatles on record one final time! Start the interview with the "Some Other Guy" video and the "Drop-In 1963" TV show appearances. It will be a dynamite show!

January 17, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. MaryEllen

Piers, will your show ever be live?

January 17, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. marzxyz

Not going well. (For starters, who designed the set to resemble a bunker?!!) My initial impession is that the charming and lovely Kathleen Parker would have been a much better choice to replace Larry King.

January 17, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nasho

I am amazed to see all the oemmcnts tearing apart Kirk for his beliefs. Isn't a mark of a true Christian standing firm in one's faith even when it's not easy or popular? Kirk answered the question he was asked honestly and respectfully. Why can't you, who disagree, respect that? He's not telling anyone to believe the same just answering the question that HE was asked in the way that HE believes. I commend him for standing strong in his faith, knowing people aren't all going to like his answer and many will make fun of him for . The Bible does say If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will also keep yours. But they will do all these things to you on account of My name, because they don't know the One who sent Me. (John 15:20, 21).

April 3, 2012 at 6:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Alice B. Toklas

Oprah Winfrey is the most smug, self – involved controlling person on television. Does she really think that what she does has a higher purpose than others...Didn't she unleash these people on the world: Rachel Rae, Dr. Phil, Nat Berkus...a higher calling, huh? And Piers is supposed to be tough? Mediocre television at best.

January 17, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Israel

Yep,no need to be anal about this by putting tons of coecrnte down.The easiest way is to put about 3 inches of gravel across the area.Rake roughly level and place the shed on that.The gravel will keep the bottom dry and no complax levelling involved.But put a decent amount down.Otherwises sand and 3 3 fence posts put down on the sand.About 4 should be enough and place onto posts.Otherwises 4 heavy paving slabs,laid on sand at each corner.Never make a coecrnte base,as removing it is expensive and difficult as well as pricey installation.The above types are flexilble if you want to move the shed again ,years later,and if it become uneven you can re-lel the base

April 5, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. grannie annue

Congrats Mr. Morgan. Absolutely fabulous first show. Am looking forward to many many more.

January 17, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Rachel W.

think I'll watch Rachel Maddow instead. Oprah Winfrey, BAh

January 17, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Ky

This is the most ridiculous show one can ever imagine. This guy is so cheesy that I'm going to scream if I hear any more stupid question like "How many times have you been properly loved?" Is that a joke or some dry British vommit?

This guy is no Larry King. Whoever thought this guy could remotely replace Larry is just in some weird nightmare.
    His questions are so childish that I believe Oprah was just being nice or out to help this guy. What a waste of time and money?

January 17, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Linda J

Thank you, tonight was a great night for me. I have been a fan of the O show for years and she has inspired me to "Live my best Life" Tonight I have decided to treat all people with love. I choose love for my life. My life has not been perfect and at times I have been very angry. Tonight I choose love for the rest of my life. Even for the people that have been evil to me.
    I have a vision of peace for my life now.
    Thank you.

January 17, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Rose Lawrence

Love the first show Piers Morgan is one of my favorites. I know his new show will be a great success how could it not be!!!!!!

January 17, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. ellen

very disappointed at his "giddiness" and ingratiating manner with Oprah

January 17, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Zizi Simms

With all the respect, but Piers is so annoying. I can't stand looking at him. He seems to be trying too hard, not sincere at all, and just real desperate. I can't believe that Larry King's spot went to this guy. I'm only watching because it's Oprah. I doubt that I'll watch in the future and I was a Larry King fanatic. Real disappointed 😦

January 17, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Valerie NYC

Fantastic interview! Morgan is so good; never seen Oprah sounding honest.

January 17, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Richard Billy Feng

Piers, Thank you for doing a good job. I love the show and work hard to keep it fresh and candid

January 17, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Beatrice

Whoa, whoa, get out the way with that good infromaoitn.

September 6, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. amanda

i found piers's insecurities showing. far too eager to please and in need of approval....ending with "how'd I do" was disappointing ...

January 17, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Lisaho

Great interviewing of Opera. Learnt alot about her tonight. Watched you a few nights back on Anderson 360 and was looking forward to your premier. You didnot disappoint!!.

January 17, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Deirdre Mercedes

Piers – I was completely entertained. Please don't change the technique. It was as if you were simply having a conversation with a person that you were getting to know and you were kind enough to let me listen in. As wonderful as Oprah is, you were great – – personable, HONEST!, and unafraid. Even the awkward moments...you handled them well. Wonderful!!!! ...and Thank You. My best wishes for you.

January 17, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Omar

I feel So sorry for Stephanie J Block she is brillant as Elphaba but she is out senhid by Idina Menzel because Idina was in two production of Wicked (orginal and broadway) and stephanie was in the on after Idina in the U.S. I was kind of hoping she was going to be in the Australian verison but Jemma Rix was awesome so its all good

April 4, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chutima

if you are going use 2x6s for your sub floor i would use 8.your 4 cornersand your 4 on cetenr between the corners.if you use 2 8 i would thinkjust the 4 corners would be enough.(sonotube filled with cement) makesure you put the crown of the board up.if you go with the 4 4 suggestiondo not set them in concrete! they will absorb moisture crack theconcrete and eventually rot. when you pour your cement set an anchorbolt in it (1/2 8 with hook on the end). as used in foundations. nowyou can use post bracket to set your post on (buy them at Lowe's orhome depot) or drill a 5/8 hole in a block of wood and bolt it to the topof the pier. then you can nail your band board to the block of wood.(block on the inside of course) note: make sure your piers are leveland layed out square.

April 5, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Danny W.

An awesome show.. from an awesome guy! By the way Piers, to answer your question myself! "YOU WERE GREAT"!!! Can't wait for the next show.

January 17, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Sam Day

Piers Morgan asked Oprah what she thought about how he did tonight. If Piers Morgan asked his viewing audience what they thought about his first interview on CNN, I am one of those viewers who thought Piers was very humble, civil, and curious. He has an interview style that will get his questions answered without him being overbearing or demanding an answer in an unruly manner. In other words, his interview style is very peaceful. This is what we need in today's interview forum. I hope his humility will last and hope that he has the best of success in future interviews.

January 17, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. clara

WELL DONE PIERS.. THUMBS UP! YOUR GOOD TO GO!

January 17, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Michele Minton

Love Piers, but Oprah's responses to his questions was totally out there. What planet does she live on? She tries to hard to convince people that she is a wonderful person.

January 17, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jimmy

Furrealz? That's mavrlouesly good to know.

November 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ayhhezmwyy

L6H820 cgftserbgwpv

November 13, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • gptbue

lgizkZ mleqrjblldgv

November 15, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Andrea

Good job Piers!!!

January 17, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. marilyn goodell

Great show, looking forward to future shows

January 17, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Ken

I cannot believe that a prestigious network as CNN was not able to find a more suitable replacement for Larry King.
    Piers Morgan was trite..applogetic, and generally a weak interviewer ..An air of confidence that you must have on your abilities as a correspondent did not come across....
    The executives at CNN should have spent the dollars to have a more commandin figure...Piers is definitely the wrong choice

January 17, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Maureen Otway

What a breath of fresh air. Piers was extraodinary in his questions, and was so well read on his subject Oprah
    I am so looking forward to seeing him every night.
    Well done
    maureen in Vancouver BC

January 17, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Ron Graham

Congratulaions Piers on doing a great job tonight with the Oprah interview. I really enjoyed your style and the relaxed atmosphere. What I really liked was that you kept the questions brief and allowed Oprah to speak. Nice job and all the best with your new show. We will miss you on American Idol. Ron

January 18, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Sandy

Finally a show that is intellectual and an absolute pleasure to watch. Love the English humor. Your are correct as Americans are way to serious in comparison.

January 18, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Rod

Piers,
    Great First Show! Looking forward to future shows, you had a way of making your viewers feel they were privy to a very special conversation between to friends. Your honestly open last question was refreshing, I think it was the question any of us would have asked of Oprah had we been seated across from her.
    How Did You Do? Fantastic!
    Good Luck and I look forward to future shows.

January 18, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. SUSAN PRESCOTT

Piers has a nice style of interviewing – just enough to keep Oprah off balance. This is good because I have seen her interviewed many times and this avoided it being a repeat. His personal comments keep the interview swerving in a non-conventional path of conversation. Kind of like a suit of a guy interviewing like Ellen–fun, not a stuffed shirt. P.S. The lead in ad where the arms cross over the body is a very unfriendly and unnatural pose for you.

January 18, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. ValGal

Piers Morgan – ABSOLUTELY splendid. Great questions, great probing, with such great respect. I'm hooked. Wishing you every success!

January 18, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Steve Cooke

I love CNN. But it has made a colossal error in giving Piers Morgan his own show. And to replace Larry King? Just count how many celebs choose NOT to appear on his show. He was, is & always will be a tabloid journalist. If he lasts more than 2 years, I will be shocked.

January 18, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Terry Regnier

Fantastic interview. Piers is an excellant interviewer. Oprah has REAL CLASS, so missing in most celebraties today.
    This should be a real winner for CNN.

January 18, 2011 at 5:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Sherry

Your Oprah interview was excellent. I felt a new perspective and increased admiration for her after watching the interview. I look forward to watching your show every night. Bravo!

January 18, 2011 at 6:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Roger Boudreau

I watched the interview with Oprah!She talks about love and can`t even marry the man she been with for who knows how long.She is afraid of commitment to give her all to this man!Good example there Oprah!

January 18, 2011 at 6:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Richalene

Excellent show last night. You asked the right and tough questions that allowed us a glimpse of the complex woman that is Oprah. In addition, you did it without injecting yourself and without being confrontational nor offensive. I never watched Larry King but I'm sure going to watch you. Thank you so much.

January 18, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  42. gisela french

Oprah interview? ...a bit boring...maybe we already know too much about her and saw a lot of her since she announced the start of her OWN network. -what's with shooting across the piece of furniture and the rather unattractive flower arrangements? "living room" setting was supposed to look "cozy" ? it appeared crowded... the cameras seemd to move constantly and in strange ways...and always those weird florals in the foreground. Where were Morgan's "sharp" edges...looking forward to a bit more excitement with the show...

January 18, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Diane Yolo

Hi mister Pierce .I am originally from Congo but was born in Belgium.I enjoyed your 1st interview with queen Oprah. Your questions were very precise and direct.Your calm impresses me! En tout cas merci beaucoup! I hope that one day i will be a celeb through a mission as Oprah said and have the opportunity to be in your show.
    Good luck !

January 18, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Alice

I see that you don't put any negative comments up...yes, CNN what a great NEWS network

January 18, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Katylady

I enjoyed the show. It kept my interest. this show will build ratings for CNN. I hope I enjoy tonights show as well as I did last nights show. KEEP IT GOING PIERS.

January 18, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Perla Curbelo

Love the interview!

January 18, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Alice

THIS IS NOT A POST. Can you please tell me how to unsubscribe to this thread?? thank you

January 18, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Gizem

There are a few enabling aftcors for women that abuse men:1. Their presumption of innocence2. Their presumption of weaknesses3. Lack of empathy for their victims4. Propensity to turn their abuse into jokes5. Our tendency to support women against men based solely on their gender.Their supposed weakness is often more than compensated for by third parties.

April 5, 2012 at 1:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Donna

I love Piers Morgan. His interview with Oprah was outstanding. I actually liked the questions he asked and their laughter was enjoyable to watch. It appeared they were actually having a good time, and that was nice to see. I liked the set but not sure it will stay. CNN will probably go to the desk format which is so outdated. Anyway, I will be watching the show

January 18, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. sasha

Piers..job well done. The best interview oprah has ever had. The flow, your wit, her candor were great. I will be watching.

January 18, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Wanda

Congratulations on your first show with Oprah.
    What a beautiful and awesome interview. I was so disappointed that the hour passed so quickly.
    That's the positive.
    Now on the flip side, after watching Howard Stern for 15 minutes I had to turn your show off.
    What an obnoxious boorish guest. I hope Piers that you will be more selective in the future. I will try to tune in again tomorrow.
    I wish you luck with your new show.

January 18, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Raghunath

Thank you Kirk for standing up for the laws of God! I do not elbieve in embracing the practice of being gay, because it is the product of sin and the fact that we are all born into sin, therefore being sinners. Why are Christians being ripped on and called haters if they do not modify their beliefs to fit the views of those preaching so-called tolerance?? A major part of Christianity is REPENTANCE, and just like a murderer cannot follow his sinful ways if he's dedicated his life to God, a gay person cannot follow that path if he's truly seeking God's will for his life. It is not appropriate to bully a person because of their lifestyle choice, but that does not make their behavior ok either.As a soon-to-be Mom, I follow the Creator of families (Jesus) when I make my decisions about my family. He is the ultimate authority on families, and I trust Him a lot more than the opinions of those who trust popular opinion. Thank you Kirk for standing firm for His Kingdom!!

April 3, 2012 at 2:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Irene

As an avid "King" watcher, I miss him but I accept change and embrace it as a rule. However, I lose a lot with your British accent. I wish you would speak more distinctly as some words are mumbled or get lost....or is it that you talk to fast? I have no problem with what the guests are saying. *S*

January 19, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Kesha Tickets

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was also looking for it, And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

January 20, 2011 at 4:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  53. veneranda wilson

Congratulations,! My late nights have been filled with CNN.s fabulous journalists like Anderson Cooper, and Larry King, so was a bit concerned as to how the replacement for Larry King would be... to sleep or be entertained by the new host. And you are terrific. I thoroughly enjoyed your upbeat and "surprising" interview with Oprah. Tonight I congratulate you on asking Ricky Gervais the question about God and his insensitive comment at the end of the Golden Globe awards. Is that humour or satire? Would Oscar Wilde have made a comment like that? I don't think so.
    , ..where is the humour in that? Satire is one thing, but being insensitive is something else. What do we care abot Gervais,s view of God or religion. Who was the one being satirized in that? The audience as a whole?
    As I listened to to your astute questions, it seems to me that Gervais spent his time justifying his actions and words. He did not appear to be honest when it came to exposing himself, or bursting his own ballon. Am looking forward to more of your interviews... you are refreshing!!! Again, congratulations and welcome from a late night Canadian (Montreal) fan.

January 21, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Thalia

Piers Morgan has only proven his value as a celebrity interviewer. Piers, what you have achieved is mush news without much of the humor or vulgar comments of other talk shows. I do not think that will be your recipe for success at CNN.

March 14, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. Robert

This was the best and well deserved "stick it to you" interview I've seen in a while. Piers sharply questioned the lack of payouts for the victims of the sloppy BP oil spill and clean up. I loved the closing advice to the overpaid BP lacky when reversly asked for consulting on how to do his sloppy job better. Piers said justly "for a start why don't you put your heart before your head on this one". I believe that says it all. I don't have an accent and I appreciate Piers and the job he is doing!!! Thanks Piers for setting the example on how to be a gentleman while making the unjust accountable for their actions. There is way too much corruption in this society. Your help is needed. Thank you.

April 20, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  56. norman

I have watched Larry King with joy for years. Now you this boring Morgan to take his place. As I reach for my pistol to blow my brains out. I paused, there the remote

May 15, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rao

are not necessarily piequped to differentiate between what is real and what is fantasy. To me, religion is fantasy. And I actually would like my kids to learn about different religions but not until they're old enough to truly understand the full implications of choosing one.I'm not offended by billboards either. Also? The 1796 Treaty with Tripoli states that the United States was not in any sense founded on the Christian religion (you can look that up, I'm sure). This treaty was written under the presidency of George Washington and signed under the presidency of John Adams.A quote from Benjamin Franklin: The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.

April 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. Maestriweb

This might be this blog's greatest writing around!!

October 26, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. MBT Kaya Women Shoes

Wonderful article!!

November 18, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. chambres d'hotes

You couldnt be more on the level!

December 11, 2011 at 7:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  60. David Newbill

I'm stunned that Mr. Morgan didn't ask Mr. De Niro what his tax rate was for 2010 or 2011. He just let his guest say he paid alot of taxes. I believe Mr. Romney said his effective tax rate was 19% when asked. What is Mr. De Niro's effective tax rate? Just wondering. I wonder how Mr. De Niro's Adjusted Gross Income compares to Mr. Romney's which is now part of the public record.

April 16, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  61. Air Jordan 1 (I) Retro Old Love New Love

Wow! This is truly a great source of ideas on creating amazing headlines and good content! This will surely help me a lot in writing my own posts in the future.Air Jordan 1 (I) Retro Old Love New Love

June 5, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  62. r.duval

Guns don't kill people. The video killing games do, The media;s constant showing of killings or , murder stories do it.
    The wide use of drugs do it, The number of mentally sick people do it.. The constant rage people live with like the high price of gas, high taxes, insurance costs, high price of food, utilities, internet access, cable prices increasing steadily and showing nothing but crime, violence and chaos. All of these factors combined add to the helplessness people feel.
    And now the police is knocking on people's doors and confiscating their guns. You're so narrow minded Piers Morgan.
    Go back to England and play with your water pistol. Please do that!

February 20, 2013 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply