Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 10th, 2011

Donald Trump talks about another favorite topic: women

We've written about the political conversation Donald Trump and Piers Morgan had last night, but they also talked about another favorite topic of the billionaire real estate mogul: women.

"I've always admired women," Trump told Piers. "And I mean women. Not just beautiful women. I'm a great believer in women."

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. overseas american

A very disappointing interview. Piers seem to be in a light hearted mood and Trump did what he does best....show how dumb he really is by spewing how smart he is. He is already acting like a politician; he never answered any questions. He knows everything but could not provide any answers and it sounds like he will make George Bush look very smart and very diplomatic.

February 10, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lorraine

In all fairness.........Piers kept interrupting Trump. Every time he asked Trump a question, Piers would always "butt" in. I'm sitting there watching it and would just keep thinking to myself........Let him finish answering the question you asked without you interrupting him. I actually had to change the channel because Piers was really, really getting on my nerves. He normally does a "great" interview, but last night talking to Mr. Trump he just didn't cut it for me.

February 10, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim

I completely agree with the Oversees American comments.
      I have been very disappointed iwith most of Piers' interviews.
      He touted interviews that would have us all saying "did you see that?".
      I thought I caught him wetting his lips as he talked with The Donald – and thought he was about to invite him up to the 'fantasy suite'. "Beautiful women"..."Can pick a winner"... gag me, Ivana... Not exactly a 60-Minutes moment.
      Hey CNN – It's time to see if he can truly interview or simply have an amicable conversation.
      Maybe this SitCom should be cancelled.
      And I also agree – he interupts too much – ash the right question and then shut up.
      We don't need to know any more about Piers or his opinions or his perspective.
      Finally – let's use North American phrasing – not "spot on" or other quaint 'Brit' colloquialisms – Jolly Good, What?

February 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. william kirkendale

Last night Donald Trump said on your show and I quote..."There are miillons of empty houses out there where people simply can't get a mortgage loan" That's right Mr. Trump and one of the main reasons they can't is because they are the victim of one of the biggest frauds in American history.....which is. The tilte of my new book "The Great FICO Hoax" To see just what I'm talking about go to my website http://www.ficofraud.com

February 10, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Linda Ward

Mr. Kirkendale sure knows what he's talking about...I know dozens of people who have been victimized by this FICO Hoax..

February 10, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Baldwin

"The Donald" may be an awesome American but he neither has the temperament of a President nor do I believe he respects women. Otherwise why did he refuse to say anything good last night about Rosie O'Donnell albeit she reportedly has done so? The President of the U.S. cannot be thin-skinned.

February 10, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. feliz

I have never seen a worst inerviewr in my life , he is root , he doesnt know how to speak , or get to the people , the audience does not understand when he speaks , he is mean , pushi , he can not do a worse job interviewing .
    go back to Larry King he is the best !
    Feliz

February 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Barbara Binkley

I thought it was one of the best interviews I've seen. This show is awesome and Piers is doing a great job. I have never been a fan of Donal Trump but after listening to him last night, he is the only person that has told it like it is. I hope he decides to run because he will have my vote. I am sick of these so called smart people in office kissing ass while our country is going to pot. We need someone who is not afraid to say, "Your Fired"

February 10, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dennis McCulloch

I started off at the beginning of the interview harboring my old impression of Donald Trump. My wife wanted to see what Piers Morgan was about, so I grudgingly gave in and watched the interview. It important to let you know that I am a centrist with liberal leanings! So I was already by nature on the outs with Donald Trump. By the end of the interview, with the exception of what he thought about women (yawn_not really important), I had come around to his line of thinking on the fate of "American Society". Donald Trump, reminds me of the commentary put forward by Theodore Roosevelt, "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick". Donald Trump, also reminds of the positive characteristics of Alexander Putin, "For the Good of the Country".

February 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Judith

Trump brings new meaning to the word REPULSIVE.

February 10, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Olga

Bring back Larry King.
    Why does Piers Morgan ask questions and mid answer interrupt so we do not get to hear the persons answers.
    Give the job to Becky Anderson, Anderson Cooper or Richard Quest. He was like a star struck teenager in front of Oprah Winfrey.
    Ask the question and let people answer it.

February 10, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lorraine

couldn't have said it better...I totally agree

February 10, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. paul

What?! Is the question/response for real???
    If a question is asked that has a response "I've always admired women. (...) I'm a great believer in women." One has to wonder what the purpose of the show is and what two individuals would actually in all seriousness engage in such a shallow and completely patronizing exchange of concern and opinion. It is equivalent to saying "I have always loved air. I couldn't live without it." Piers looked like a little boy who kept trying to put Mr. Trump on a higher and higer pedestal, and in doing so, extract even more amazement and kudos for his "season 1" victory on Celebrity Apprentice. Mr. Trump said he was vain. Well, Piers should have immediately raised his hand and said "Me Too!!! ... wow, we are so great."
    Please spare us further pain and cancel the show and don't allow financial failures to be presented as great businessmen.

February 10, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Brian Fischer

Dear Morgan,
    Why were you so soft on Trump? You had him on the ropes with the political question: Are you going to run for president? And then you soft pedaled around the issues. "I'm a Rep[ublican." He said. You should have asked: What does that mean? What is a Republican? Should have been your question line. You've got these guys in the hot seat and you let them off. If you're a tough journalist, show it!

February 10, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Nancy

Great job Piers you are the best interviews I've seen in a long time. Why did you have to interview Trump? He is nothing more than a pompous jack ass spinning out of control, what happens when he trips and losses all the money of other investors? Money does not buy class or respect..... just look at all the money Mubarak has.

@Judith "Trump brings new meaning to the word REPULSIVE." This is to say it mildly.

February 10, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Renee

Donald Trump is a total disgrace. He speaks about his racist views towards Chinese people and the incompetency of our first African American president, how unpatriotic. All Trump does is buy up land put multi-million buildings and golf courses on valuable properties, but gives absolutely nothing back to help those that are less fortunate. Can anyone name one charity Trump has given anything to? Opra, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and the Rockefeller Foundation has given away billions of dollars to help third world countries to fight diseases, put up schools in South Africa, and immunizations to eradicate small pox. Yet one never hears of anything Trump has done to help anyone. He talks about the present administration in such derogatory terms, but if I remember correctly he filed for bankruptcy at least twice. Imagine him being president in this economic climate. Americans don't need someone like Trump who flaunts and brags about his wealth, when most people today don't have jobs, are homeless, and don't have adequate healthcare. Do you really believe Trump cares about average American? Not! Piers I've really enjoyed your previous interviews, however, I believe you should have challenged him on his bigotry towards the Chinese and, you should have asked him what has he ever contributed to the common man. Piers please do not insult the American people anymore with the likes of Donald Trump, it's REPULSIVE AND DISGUSTING. Trump gives the true of meaning of "THE UGLY AMERICAN!"

February 10, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Trish

I agree, I love watching Piers and I do believe he's an excellent interviewer; however, I was very disappointed in the interview with Donald Trump. Why do so many rich people, journalists and Hollywood stars and even the TV late night hosts and day time shows, especially the rich and famous in NYC, suck up to Donald Trump. See what money can buy. I 've enjoyed his many guests so far and the questions he asks of them, but this had to be the worst so far. I often think people are afraid to be on the bad of side of Donald, but never thought Piers would be one of them!

February 13, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bob

We need more interviews such as this to wake-up America. Very good points, in my opinion. America used to be a very proud nation with respect 40 yrs. ago. A blind person, as Trump tells it, can see where this downward spiral is getting us, since that point in time.

February 19, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Z-lady

LOL-hey Trump the only reason those women are with your ugly face,is money-

February 10, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Kim

I found the comment from Mr. Trump that Obama got elected by gathering votes on the street corner of Chicago extremely racist, not to mention untrue. He captured the heart of Americn, pblack, white and particularly the young, college educated crowd. Whereas, he admires Sarah Palin who appeals primarily to small town, red-neck America. Piers did not challenge him at all and spent the entire interview flattering him with that stupid hair.

February 11, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Helen Culbertson

You have to wait for few more days and it will be on air next ...I can't wait I love Colin and I love all about royality,hope Piers will be nice !!!Colin deserves the Oscar....

February 11, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Helen Culbertson

I think Mr.trump is in many things rigth ,but there are a lot of people out there they disagree with him .Comments about China are not on place here. I think the problem about America is a turn in our society and a change in worldpolitics

February 11, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. CYL

sorry I missed some of the interview with Donald Trump, however I did see the discussion on "China not being friend with USA". So true Mr Trump, and I hope the rest of the world hears this because it is true not just for the USA but for many other countries where they are 'helping', especially little countries in need, don't trust them !!!

February 11, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Baldwin

One last thing about Mr. Trump and the Presidency. You never run a country like a business. Business is profit oriented and that quite frankly or sadly happens to be the crux of it. A President of any country has to address issues pertaining to activities designed to remedy or alleviate certain unfavorable conditions of life in communities especially the poor. Do we really think Jesus was kidding when he said, "it is harder for a rich man to get into heaven?"

February 11, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Horst Angelkötter

To whom it may concern:
    All due respect MR D Trump: yes you are very clever very shrewd. Your egoism & self cantered behaviour is something difficult to digest.The problem with America to much greed on Wall Street & your self cantered Mr Trump. Your USA internal problems are tremendous 40% of people are trailer trash over 40% don't know where to turn reason no Health coverage,your Schooling system large % of people just learn the basics.I feel Mr Morgan should have quetion him more on the issue China, USA has to admitt they are not dealing with a Banada Republic: demanding, making statement we are the best etc. H. A

February 11, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Nana

Why is every idiot given air time to give there opinion? Trump is a racist, just look at the people who hang around him. Trump and Pailen will be the best thing that can ever happen for comedy central that has taken a break since Bush left office.
    The only people that bring up the racist subject are racist themselves.

February 13, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Bill, in Vancouver

Apparently the Hopkins interview will be repeated, instead of showing us the Firth interview? Hello?

February 13, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Yana Chernyshova

As many as we are, as many opinions we will share. I wouldn't comment, i would just thank Piers for bringing some fresh air, choosing very peculiar way of questioning. I love his interviews.

February 15, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Latin Flavah

Hi Piers!

I tuned into your show for the first time tonight, and unfortunately, it will be the last. Donald Trump showed himself to be a total moran, and you fed him nothing but softballs? "Women are beautiful" ? Next he will say "Blacks have good Rhythym" what a waste of airspace. Get us Obermann and give this Piers a short pier to walk off!

February 19, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Sandy Palad

Can't get my better half to watch Piers Morgan anymore becauseof , and I quote, "his kissy assed interview with that Pompous bag of wind, Donald Trump". Says Piers should get more backbone. (My better half really has no respect whatsoever for Donald Trump!)
    I however, missed that interview, am not a big fan of The Donald – but I love you Piers.

March 12, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. ShadChristy

Regardless of sunglasses you're in search of, you need to consider the balance of good quality, style and color. The top quality, in particular, is some thing to think about, as a consequence of the top quality is often superior for your eyes. Here are some methods to aid figure out the high quality of sunglasses.

Glass lenses are the very best solution if you would like cutting-edge optical excellence. Glass is made use of frequently adequate to stop quick breakage, and really should also be scratch-resistant. The glass lenses can last a lifetime.

Polarized sunglasses incorporate a chemical film that's used to cover the lens. This can be the top form of sunglasses for outdoor activities take place in direct sunlight or on horizontal surfaces which include water.

Mirrored sunglasses also work well for an extended outdoor activity. Sunglasses with mirror perform reflecting a one-way, and also the optical layer minimizes the amount of light passing as a result of every single lens. This style is great in case you do not make eye speak to with strangers!

Photochromic lenses transform color based on the amount of UV rays hit them. Lentils grow darker in sunlight and turn out to be lighter in shaded areas. Just warning, these sunglasses usually are not recommended for daytime driving.

On top of that, high quality sunglasses have anti-reflective coatings and AR coatings, which eliminate glare back. Back radiance would be the light that hits the back with the lens and returned to his eyes, which is often really annoying. Check your sunglasses to look and check to find out in the event you still squinting with sunglasses. That is the easiest approach to check the brightness level of resistance. By the light again, in the event you can see your eyes reflected inside the glasses, it can be superior to try an additional pair.

July 6, 2011 at 4:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Hosting91

Oxyhost is a professional cheap VPS hosting. The company offers the greatest hosting at the best prices. Dedicated servers, VPS hosting, Minecraft hosting. http://www.oxyhost.org

October 9, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Adreas

Pwlhsh xruswn lirwn kai oxi mono. Dwrean ektimhseis . http://www.facebook.com/pages/Enexyra-Athina/279450458741755

November 11, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. production of lamps for the home

I rattling lucky to find this website on bing, just what I was looking for : D too saved to favorites .

November 24, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Gain mass

Hello there, just discovered piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com on Yahoo, and found that it's really awesome. I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you keep writing about this subject in future. Lots of people will benefit from your writing. Cheers!

December 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Georgeyroz

Hi everyone I recently desired to expose personally. If you have questions please ask. Remorseful regarding my negative english

December 9, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  32. jennyuha

Hello I thought it would be a good idea to say hi and introduce myself. I am looking forward to being a supporter of piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com! If you'd like to know any thing please don't hesitate to ask

December 13, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. sustanon

Its Pleasure to understand piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com . The above articles is pretty extraordinary, and I really enjoyed reading your blog and points that you expressed. I really like to appear back over a typical basis,post a lot more within the topic. Thanks for sharing…keep writing!!!

December 20, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Michellevzwh

Hi everyone I recently wished to bring in me personally. When you have questions don't hesitate to request. Sorry for my personal bad language

January 2, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. illurcereurgy

I want you to learn about local organic produce. Find nutrition Costa Mesa. Eat healthy.

January 17, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. PinkRGikap

http://vixerehsydt.com – Malwisia Naked Photos

February 26, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Falcon Domain

I'll right away grasp your rss as I can not in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me know in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

June 16, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. KemiGoose

塩水の水族館は、家庭へ素敵な付加を作る、と老いも若きも問わずへエンドレス魅了の源であることができます。海水水槽での生活が可能な別の魚や植物の生命は、エキゾチックで美しいの両方で、海での生活に豊かな導入を提供しています。魚や植物は、しかし、深い青色で見つけることができ、それは自宅の水槽にこれらの他の要素を組み込むことを試みるために水族館の所有者のためのますます一般的になっているだけではありません。

http://www.pradafactory.com/ プラダ
    http://www.pradafactory.com/ プラダ バッグ
    http://www.pradafactory.com/ プラダ 財布
    プラダ: http://www.pradafactory.com/

June 20, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. reuthtub

best for you memorableparty and get big save

August 4, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Rabythalley

продвижение сайта

December 3, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Bret Lalin

Awesome post. I’m a regular visitor of your blog and appreciate you taking the time to maintain the nice site. I will be a frequent visitor for a really long time.

December 7, 2020 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Mellissa Hugron

Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

January 7, 2021 at 9:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Chuck Devenny

I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Carry on the excellent works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my web site :).

January 10, 2021 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Rachell Feleppa

January 20, 2021 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Walton Chappuis

Greatest thing I have read in my entire career.Learn Spanish Online for Free

February 15, 2021 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Robin Provorse

Great website you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article? I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Cheers!

Proxyti.com/buy/1000-private-proxies/