Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

April 8th, 2011

Michele Bachmann on November's mandate: "People are saying we're with you and fight"

GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann was a guest tonight on "Piers Morgan Tonight" and guest host Wolf Blitzer asked her about what she would do when it comes time to making a deal. "We were given a mandate by the American people last November," said Bachmann. "We're going in the wrong direction...people are saying, we're with you and fight."

But was the tea party leader ready to vote differently than the Republican leadership? "What I have said from the beginning is I can't vote for any deal that doesn't defund Obamacare," she said. "That's not going to be included in this compromise, whatever emerges," responded Blitzer.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. carol murata

If the government wants to shut down and not pay our military who put their lives on the line every day, I wonder what the government would do if we all refused to file our taxes! There are not enough jails to put every American in! How about that "Congress"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Charles Frith

It's a deep disappointment that Piers show is a mere photoshopped Larry King. When it comes to his interview of Jesse Ventura his comments are often insulting and patronising.

April 9, 2011 at 5:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wxwoman50

I agree wholeheartedly with Charles. I watched Morgan's interview with Ventura and got the absolutely clear impression that Piers Morgan is not only NOT open-minded; he is a Republican shill who will support the Bush administration's tale of 9/11. I have watched a number of Morgan's shows and have seen, over and over, disdainful and disrespectful interviews with Democrats and Independents but remarkably gentle and non-threatening questions to Republicans. Piers belongs on F–ks News!!!!!!!! Please GET HIM OFF CNN-the credibility of the network is threatened by him.

April 9, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. vicky

Michelle Bachmann is a brainless, deceitful dog. The republican party is murdering my son and torturing, raping, poisoning and terrorizing my minor grandchildren and are torturing me today excessively because I am blogging the truth.

April 9, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ritzo

Fallen apart a little don't you think cowgirl. Take it easy. I can see you getting this up set over the foot ball season being cancelled but you need a pill of some type ASAP.

April 9, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Charles

All of this nonsense evaporates when you throw the TV out. Dont expect this business to announce that on the news.

April 9, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. wawee orafla

Mr. Piers send this message to Mr. Ventura, tell him he is out of his mind and he needs to get check out by a TBI doctor. He answer all your questions with arrogant and unreal response. Mr. Governor this you do in conspiracy tv series is awesome but to be a President of the US is just not feasible. As a military man I will not be able to trust you to command as the Commander in Chief because the way you think is insane.

April 9, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. ritzo

I watched your interview with Mr. Ventura. It looked like you were in a battle of wit but showed up unarmed. The Body made you look bad. Bit of advice. Don't interview us special forces kind of guys. We don't play well with others. You are better off interviewing the poweder puff queens, the Beeber, or some has been. You are not good with military. Semper Fi Ritzo

April 9, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. ritzo

Here's a question Mr. Ventura didn't ask you. How long do you think you will be at that job? You know the ratings are not good. I think you should have stayed with the talent show but what can I say.

April 9, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. billy

i also saw the the ventura interview. i liked your show until i saw that episode. it just shows how manipulated too many american people are as well as the media. its a sad world. open your eyes.. try harder. :Piers.. dont believe everything you've been told. the worlds not that perfect.

April 10, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Bill

Saw the Jesse Ventura interview........I wont be watching Piers ever again. It sucks because I loved Larry.

Cmon Piers, you are really going to try call someone attached to SEAL team 1 a coward? Just because he doesn't want to say something controversial that can be misused. Im sure you are the manliest man sitting behind a desk in a air conditioned studio with your 1000 dollar suits talking about well my brother is in the british army. That doesn't give you points journo.

The greatest part is when Piers said "Jesse you said Obama was in the CIA"
    Jesse said "No I didn't"
    Piers "Well we have a clip"
    The clip doesn't show Jesse saying anything just some other guy on his show Jesse was interviewing.

Really Piers you are going to say Jesse said those things because some guy on his show on the sci fi channel said that. If thats the standard we are playing by then everything that comes out of Charlie Sheen's mouth on your show is a direct quote from Piers. Im sure that would be appreciated.

God awful show Piers, I hope the studio was forcing you to subtly attack Mr. Ventura's credibility without giving him ample time to explain his position in complex issues without cutting him off and saying "you don't believe that Jesse" or moving on to some other forced connection you made on his behalf.

How bout calling the show Amateur Hour Journalism with Piers(my brother is in the british army) Morgan.

April 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Rana

I have watched Piers's show occasionally since Larry King was over & have to admit tonight's show w/Eva Longoria was your the first I liked. Piers looked & sounded comfortable & natural. Good questions that flowed. I will be looking out for a siting of Eva & Piers out somewhere following up on the flirting that went on air. Chemistry...

April 10, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. HelenHull102951

I totally agree with Ritzo. I myself am also Special Forces, or I was I Nam. We are a breed of people all our own and very dangerous to play with!! Our type of playing consists of gunpowder & hand-grenades and playing the game to the end. Most usually our oppoent comes out -d. Mess with the best-Die like the rest!!! 2ndRanger/82nd Airborne.

April 11, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse | Reply