Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

April 22nd, 2011

Clip from Last Night: Caroll Burnett on plastic surgery

Piers Morgan sat down with Carol Burnett for the full hour last night to talk Hollywood, family, and plastic surgery. "I'd always wanted a chin," she said. She decided to get the surgery when her daughter went to an oral surgeon to correct a problem with her bite.

About a year after the surgery Burnett walked into her hotel in New York City to a note from Marlon Brando. "I went upstairs and I didn't even take off my coat," she said. "Or I had groceries and stuff. And I picked up the phone and Rose was already dialing." Once she got him on the phone she asked,"So you called me, what about?" Brando replied, "So, where'd you get your chin?"

If you missed the show you can catch the interview in full Sunday night at 9pm ET/PT on CNN.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. lbaughn

Piers,

I love your show and your guests are the best! there is one thing that you do that really bugs me and I am going to have to stop watching because everytime you do it is just making me MAD- you interupt your guest while they are answering a question or telling a story... I wanted to hear what they were going to say... Pleae stop interupting or am not going to be able to continue to watch you, I'll just catch your guests when they are on other shows..... sorry it's that agrevating to me. Leslie

April 22, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Aprille

I agree. I sit there nervously wondering when the next interruption will occur.

April 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Amy Briggs

Dearest Carol – and I hope you don't mind me calling you that (at this time in our lives, I'm 58 right now), you have been my most favorite comedienne of all time!! I'ven never missed a special that you have done, and I've enjoyed Mama's House. You, however, have been SO special in your own right – I even remember your "Princess and the Pea" – we won't talk about how many moons ago that was. To make a long story short – you were ALWAYS a JOY to watch – my life would not have been as bright without you! Thank you SO much Carol! Sincerely, Amy Briggs 1953 I will ALWAYS love you!

i'm 5

April 24, 2011 at 4:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. cece Baker

Two Words: Thank You. For Carol Burnett. I think you are marvelous, Thanks for being YOU.

April 24, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Christine Beech

Hello Carol
    I have always been a fan and loved all your shows, movies and other specials. I really enjoyed you doing movies and specials. As a step mom, I admired how you handled the "Oh, so difficult" years raising your child through those years of desparation. The truth is that we all have to get through the special years with our kids, never knowing if we make the right choices in handling all the inevitable heartaches we have to get through.
    Enough. It is so lovely to see you on Peirs show. You look wonderfully happy. Keep on truchin, Carol. I love seeing you and hope you have a very special and long life. I hope you can do all the things that will keep you feeling joyful, fullfilled and loved.
    Thank you for everything you have shared with your fans. Thank you, so much for sharing the love you felt for your familyu.

April 25, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. PC Repairs Berkshire

I am really inspired along with your writing abilities and also with the format to your weblog. Is that this a paid subject matter or did you customize it your self? Anyway keep up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to look a great blog like this one nowadays..

April 11, 2012 at 6:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Kelly

I'm sure Ms. Burnett will probably never see this comment, or if she does, she won't give a crap, but although I've always admired you greatly, and thank you for making us laugh for more than a decade on your show, for 35 years I've always been confounded as to how you could not see that that plastic "chin" is so lopsided, so much so that it pulls your smile to one side. Why you didn't insist it be redone right away, or during your later surgeries, is truly confounding.

May 22, 2012 at 3:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Analised Faissalh

Some tips i have seen in terms of laptop or computer memory is that often there are requirements such as SDRAM, DDR etc, that must fit in with the requirements of the motherboard. If the computer's motherboard is kind of current while there are no operating-system issues, replacing the ram literally normally takes under 1 hour. It's on the list of easiest computer system upgrade processes one can envision. Thanks for revealing your ideas.

July 7, 2012 at 2:38 am | Report abuse | Reply