Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 7th, 2011

Mitt Romney talks health care: "If I'm President, I will repeal Obamacare"

Mitt Romney was a guest last night on "Piers Morgan Tonight," and Piers Morgan pressed him on the differences between Obamacare and Romneycare. "If I'm President, I will repeal Obamacare," Romney said.

He continued: "When I finally debate President Obama, it will be wonderful...He'll say I was the inspiration for what he did, and I'll say, Mr. President, how come you didn't call? How come you didn't ask me about your plan, because it will not work." The second half of the interview airs tonight, 9pmET/PT. A preview is coming later this afternoon – Romney's take on gay marriage, Mormonism and more.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. lynnea

I thought the interview to be less than favorable ,due to the fact that Piers did not let Mitt speak .Piers comtinually interrupted Mitt when he was speaking.HOW RUDE!

June 7, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. G Pappas

I'm sorry. He reminds me of a used car salesman and seems so hippocritical. He passed a medical program that the Obama Administration actually used as a model, yet Romney sees no like comparison.

June 7, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Billster

I agree- PM needs to ask a question and then shut up and listen. I see a pattern with a lot of reporters who are so busy thinking of their next question they become not good listeners. A lot of them are here on CNN. It's like watching the view in the morning. Too many of their personal views are made. I could care less what these women think about an event or issue. Let's get back to the days of Walter C. where the news is just reported. One thing about Trump I liked was when this tactic was done to him, he would say "EXCUSE ME, I WAS SPEAKING" and then he would continue. It is so funny. If Romney had backed off as PM wanted him to on the health care issue in MA. People would have said flip-flop. Let's move forward and give the messages a chance to come out. Then we all can make our own mind up on who are next President should be.

June 7, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. CL

I agree with lynnea. Piers should have let him speak and explain himself rather than interrupting him every 3 seconds. Also, it appeared that he wasn't even listening to the distinction that Romney was making between the health system on a Federal level as opposed to the State level. I think that Romney made a good point and it is good to understand where he is coming from a little better. I definitely do not agree with Obamacare on a Federal level. Like Romney said, it could potentially bankrupt America. The principal of it is good in it is not good that so many americans can't afford health care, but we really just don't have the funds for it.

June 7, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. john

Piers Morgan you kept interrupting the future president. Next time please be respectful and let people speak when you ask them questions. How come there is no link on here about the economy which is mitt romney's strength. You are playing to the liberal media again by trying to attack romney on social issues. Not many people care about the social issues as most people think the economy is much more important. How come the economy link is not on here? Probably because it would look obama look bad.

June 7, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Joe

Just because he's taken off his tie doesn't make him seem innovative. Tie or not, he doesn't strike me as cunning enough for the position.

June 7, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dennis

Piers is such a bad interviewer. He isn't very smart, either. Every single one of these interviews shows me how he clearly has his own personal beliefs and tries to corner people who are far smarter than he is.

Mitt was too kind to him. If I were Mitt, I would have asked, "Piers, do you even understand the difference between state and federal laws? This isn't England, it's the United States of America. When you figure that out we can have a better conversation about what's best for America."

June 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. AC

The headline should be, "Piers Morgan talks health care and tries to portray Mitt Romney as a hypocrite." Mitt Romney is most likely going to be the GOP presidential candidate and leads Obama in a major poll today. I wanted to hear Romney, not Piers. Mr. Morgan isn't running for president. Piers seems to be running for the most distracting interviewer in America.

June 8, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Joe

How can anybody support Obamacare, now that the impact is rippling through the healthcare industry? My insurance premium has increased 72% since Obamacare was proposed, simply because the insurance company thinks its costs will go up. I don't blame the insurance company....I BLAME BARACK OBAMA.

June 8, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Kaycie

Frankly I think that's asobultely good stuff.

June 25, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply