Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 15th, 2011

Jimmy Fallon: What happened to Jay Leno was "an insult" but "I feel bad for Conan"

NBC late night host Jimmy Fallon is a guest tonight on "Piers Morgan Tonight" for the hour, and he talks about "Saturday Night Live," Anthony Weiner, Donald Trump and more. He also talked about the late night wars – Conan O'Brien vs. Jay Leno. "It's almost like watching your family fight," he told Piers Morgan.

Fallon addressed the decision by NBC to tell Leno he had five more years at "The Tonight Show." "I think that's bizarre in the first place," he said. "That right there for me, I'd be like, that's an insult." But what does he think about Conan?

"I don't blame Jay but I feel bad for Conan because he wanted his shot at 'The Tonight Show,' and I don't know if he got a fair shake," said Fallon.

Watch the full interview – featuring the musical talents of the "Late Night" host – tonight at 9pmET/PT. And join Piers Morgan for a live Facebook chat during the show!

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. fayeray

Nbc sound horrible to work for. The wars between Leno/Conan..not much of a leno fan but I really like Conans humour .. Jay Leno should tell NBC goodbye. That is an insult to him.

June 15, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Zariel

What an awesmoe way to explain this—now I know everything!

June 24, 2011 at 5:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. tommy

Love Leno but he's getting old..Letterman is still funny..Jimmy Fallon is just the very BEST !

June 16, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. André

What was Fallon supposed to answer while he's still got Leno as a lead-in and still works for NBC who started the whole thing?

June 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Crystal

True! I haven't watched any of their shows for a while but I enjoyed each of them.

July 20, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. rose macaskie.

You asked Jimmy Fallon about marriage a subject that carries on from your talk with Steve Harvey the day before . Steve Harvey said that if you find a woman who is happy then you you wont have any problems. Happyness is, under this theory, a pesonal attr¡bute and you dont have to worry how you treat people how they feel depends on them.
    A marriage is a bit like a business you are doing things together and you are responsible for each other, so that means saying, "dear dont you think you should take a walk you have not been out for a week" this can cause problems, It is not just a question of you look after yourself and i will look after myself and then if we are both smiling at the same time well and good.
    Also what happens to all those school children who chivy effeminate children till they comite suicide, they still go on existing in adult life and marrying people, do you imagine they stop being bullies because they got married or those who are bad at defending themselves abgainst bullies get competent. People are not marrying princes and princesses they are often marrying some of all the bad things that are out there. The bad relationships like that of Dame Edna Everage and her friend Marge, portrayed sometimes on tele, are real, there are people who totaly squash others. The fictional character Dame Edna Everage is surrounded by disaster cases, has a whole bevy of ruined people around her. Some pretend that fiction does not reflect society, i have seen people with a bevy of broken people around them, i know it is a real situation. You often have to fight for your life in a relationship, by which i mean, not to have your mouth for ever shut, to avoid being zombyfied. I have been in several relationships in which i have found that i no longer dare to open my mounth, i am with people who just twist what i say so i dare not talk and i am a noisy person, it is not that i started off without a word to say for myself. It is not as if marges are just marges, Dame Edna Everages can tu¡rn healthy people into zombies. You cant just be happy, life pressures are just too srrong. rose macaskie.

June 19, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. cheap led tv

It is perfect time to make a few plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have learn this submit and if I may just I desire to suggest you some interesting issues or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to learn even more issues about it!

April 26, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply