Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 24th, 2011

Watch the full, emotional Tatum O'Neal and Ryan O'Neal interviews tonight

Since Piers Morgan's explosive interviews with Tatum O'Neal and Ryan O'Neal last week, Tatum has spoken out about the way some of what her father said has gotten "misconstrued." Well if you only saw the highlights, or want to watch the whole interviews again, tonight you can do that on CNN.

At 8pmET/PT, CNN airs the hour with Tatum, followed by the hour with Ryan at 9pmET/PT. Watch the full context, and full shocking emotional interviews. For a preview – here's the part from Ryan's interview that has gotten the entertainment world talking.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. NTuma

I'm very upset that Piers Morgan is on tonight at 8pm as well as 9pm. Where is "In the Arena"? I woud like CNN to dump Piers Morgan – his program is an embarrassment, but at least CNN should move him to a time slot out of prime time.

June 24, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alabama

IPiers Morgan is alright.... Rayn O' neil is an addict and always has been. He only sees life in relation to himself. It is a sickness... I do not know Farah could stand him.

June 25, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • DeeDee

So right, Alabama. Farrah must've been a saint. God rest her soul. Ryan appears to be a narcissist and the interview only confirmed to me that there were often times when he put himself first and his children second at best. He left his children with quite alot of baggage but only seems to see how their struggles have affected him. I found myself shaking my head at so many of his comments. Sad situation.

June 25, 2011 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
      • Another one in Alabama

uuuuggg another judgmental southerner. . why are the tornadoes in Alabama, even today? NEGATIVE ENERGY do you get endorphins from being upset ? Please know he has anxiety disorder. . . THERE IS NO CURE but LOVE. Farrah was LOVE

June 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gemma

Piers Morgan should be on at midnight when no one cares what they watch. What happened to the ARENA tonight ????

June 24, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Cathy S

I am so happy that Piers' show is on for 2 hours this evening, repeating the interviews that were shown earlier this week with Tatum and Ryan O'Neal. Unfortunately, I missed the first airing of the Tatum interview entirely, and I missed the first 10 minutes of the interview with Ryan. I can only say that the 50 minutes that I DID see were SPELLBINDING AND UNBELIEVABLE!! Thanks for giving viewers a second chance to watch.

June 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. didiego

dude... could you please let her talk... you keep interrupting her and you do not let her finish interesting statements..... so frustrating the way you handle these shows

June 24, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cheri K

Seriously I agree, I was so annoyed thinking this guy sucks as an interviewer but then watched the following night with Psycho Father Ryan, Pierce seemed to have all night to let him talk as long as he wanted to ????
      Pierce is either some kind of an ass that will not listen to women or there was a plan to make Ryan look as bad as possible knowing that Ryan is off his rocker and if they let him talk he will hang himself..... or Pierce is an ass and the worst interviewer EVER!!!!

June 27, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. stewart green

I would like to know how he dealt with the pain

June 24, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Bobby

She was interesting, but Peirs Morgan was absolutely annoying!!! He forces conversation incomplete conversations

June 24, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Curtis

Peirs I loved the show tonight

June 24, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Lori B

Watching Ryan ONeal on the show is one of the saddest things I have ever seen....He is a broken man...and very confused. Yes he proably made mistakes as a father...but Tatum is a grown woman and needs to take responibility for her own actions....Not to mention that NOW is the time to reconnect with a man that she claims to have loved...Ryan needs her...and she needs him...Tatum needs to fix this before HE'S gone too...God Bless you Ryan

June 24, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Cheryl

If only Piers Morgan would stop talking more and allow the guest time to finish his/her sentences and thought process, it might be a more interesting show to watch. Often he talks at the same time and I don't know what either one is saying. At other times, he switches to a completely different subject in mid-stream. While most of his questions are good, honestly, his interview habits need adjusting or he is going to be toast before long – this from many others who feel the same as I do.

June 24, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. arlene hines

I am furious. Ryan ONeal is a piece of –it. Tatum was a fifteen year old girl who deserved to be protected and not expected to rescue nor provide emotional support to her father. She is trying to turn her life around and has been free of drugs for a mere twelve months. Shame on her father for not stepping up and loving and supporting his daughter. Very well done Piers. I am certain that you had to restrain yourself many times during this interview.

June 24, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Lisa

I agree with Cheryl......

Morgan "switches to a completely different subject in mid-stream. " as if he has a list of questions to get through, and instead of taking a great opportunity to follow up on a interesting comment that could be flushed out more.... could have been very interesting, instead – it seemed like even Tatum couldn't follow him as well....

June 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Alaures

OMG! ryan ONeill what a jerk. I thought that after Farrah's death he had changed but he is still the same jerk. He doesnt take respnsibility for anything he did. His kids are the ones to blames? Horrific!

June 24, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. jeff

Ryan O'Neal refers to himself as a "so so actor" Nothing could be further from the truth. Barry Lyndon–great film, great director, great music. But the film lives on the brilliant performance of its male lead. If O'Neal departs from the stage, Hollywood, and we, are the worse for it. He is a far better actor than scores of so called "stars" that now populate the screen. Tatum needs to face up to the fact that the talent in the O'Neal family firmly resides in her father.

June 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Lauren

Watching Ryan Oneil was a real disappointment. Sometimes you have to kiss someone on the forehead and let them go back to sleep. Ryan hasn't learned anything in his 70 years.. so much denial.

June 24, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. SMC

No wonder Ryan's children are a mess, he is one messed up man. He should have been drug and alcohol tested before he was allowed on your show. He believes he gave Tatum everything. All she needed was his love and he wasn't available. Sending a limo to pick her up after a car accident "unbelieveable". He is one sick man.

June 24, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Shannon

I was so touched by Ryan O"Neal on the show... my hope is that the Ryan and Tatum will also get counseling or help from a christian based family counselor or treatment program. This family could really use the help of God in their lives. God can heal all things!! A family that Pray's together Stays together!!! God Bless.

June 24, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. CDM

I feel that Tatum still feel she had to compete for her father's attention, as long as she feel this way their relationship will remain strained. I'm sure it was very difficult to share your father's love, but she must realize by now, that being a parent don't come with instructions. They both must stop the blaming and move up and forward, because now is all you have right now.

June 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Jack O'Flaherty

I do feel for the family. It's just your plain vanilla drug and alcohol abuse for many, many years. Alcohol and drugs don't distinguish between rich & poor, famous or not famous. Tatum is just looking for the father she never had. She is making progress with her life, having been sober for 12 months. She is setting a good example for her father by being sober and staying sober. Watch the part where he's walking in the door of the home where Tatum's birthday party is being held. He was trying real hard to walk straight without falling over. There is help available. He just needs to be willing to get the help. It's never too late. I'm optimistic for a happy ending to this story.

June 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Margie

I wanted to say that I love your show Piers and will be watching faithfully. I am so tired of trash t.v. My friends and family (including myself), finds ourselfves alot of the time being dissapointed that we have about a zillion channels to watch and most of what we watch is garbage! We like your style and will be watching. I enjoyed both of your interviews with Tatum and Ryan, I know that they both are good people who went through hard times. When I watched the interviews the thing that kept coming to mind was an interview that I seen with Debbie Renolds and Carrie Fisher, Carrie said that when she stopped expecting her father to act like a father, she was able to have a relationship with him. I think Tatum was wishing for a more traditional father, and I think that Ryan did the best that he could. As far as Tatum excepting Farrah though, if Ryan could just imagine that the number person in his life Farrah, had a relationship with another and expected him to be on the sidelines cheering their relationship on. Tatum might have been sharp, but at that age you have not fully matured and want to believe as all kids do, that you are the center of the world. That being said, I am truly happy that Ryan experienced a wonderful love with Farrah, and did not let that gift slip away.

June 24, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. whozitwhatzit

Ryan O'Neill is a selfish man. He didn't really have time for his kids when they were young, he was too wrapped up in his own life. And to blame Tatum for Farrah's cancer (she must be rolling in her grave) is again ridiculous and selfish. Admittedly, Tatum is old enough now to take responsibility for herself (which she finally seems to be doing, and its sad that it has taken her this long), but some of the stuff he comes up with is ridiculous. And he was a substance abuser, as well, and though maybe not to blame completely for his kids turning to it, he really didn't set a good example. Farrah was healthy enough for awhile to leave him.

June 25, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Susan Toronto

JEEEEEEEEEZ! Has there EVER been a more self centered fahter, who externalizes ALL his problems???
    Shame on RYAN for placing ALL the blame on his daughter!
    No wonder she mentioned that she was nervous about seeing him, earlier this week!

Tatum never stood a chance as a child. KUDOS to the way she has `stood tall`!!!!!!!!

June 25, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Susan Toronto

Ryan O`Neill is THE most narcissistic celebrity I have EVER seen!
    Tatum...break away! He is simply toxic and will NEVER care about anyone more than himself! xx

June 25, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Eileen

Couldn't agree with you more – Ryan O'Neal is so replusive......he is beyond any benefit of mental health counseling!

June 25, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Lisa

I went to school with Tatum and we gave her an Oscar party , 1973 , Ojai Valley School , in Ojai California. It was sad to see the other Hollywood children getting Jealous. . Especially Robert Culps . . and Robert Culp was there a lot he loved his children. Anyway it was a long time ago and Ryan probably sent the children to more than one school. I am 4 years older, I do recall how sweet Tatum was to me, she told me how beautiful I was and asked me to never cut my hair. . Tatum is in the school yearbook with a tarantula walking up her arm. . laughing. . . a masterpiece!!! I know much deeper stories that are very private from the MC Enroe clan. . and one of Tatum's/my boyfriends from London. Bottom line pretty far fetched stuff. No one can prove it but I heard really really really bad stuff, gastly, I also knew John McEnroe . If it was true it is a miracle Tatum is alive. But her truth and her fathers truth are for THEM to figure out. God Bless them both.

June 25, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Time Out

All kudos to Ryan for his acting ability. However, I submit that he has three children with two different women, and all three have had issues with drugs, alcohol and lifestyle. The common denominator in their lives is their amoral, egotistical, supercilious father. His interview today was disingenous with regard to the effect his personality and dominance had on his family over the years.

June 25, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lisa

Ryan has FOUR children, Tatum has a full brother and two halves....and you know nothing about anxiety disorder so have a heart . . it would help you. What you do not like in others you have in yourself somewhere. . really we all have all sides. . manifested in many lives. . we are here to KNOW the Unknown not judge

June 26, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Sandy

Can you say 'dysfunctional'? This so called 'Dad' is the most selfish dad ever. He is so self-involved, self-absorbed, etc. What kind of a father blame his daughter for all that has gone wrong. HE is the reason things went wrong. He chose his then 'girlfriend' over his family and that is the truth. How do you expect a child (and she WAS a child) to react to that. No matter how "mature" Tatum was she still was only on this earth for a certain amount of years with as many limited years of life experience. In the end Ryan was the so-called 'parent'. It was up to Ryan to put on his 'big-boy' pants and be the 'adult' in the situation. He should have NEVER expected 'support', etc from his children...they were children and it was not their job to support HIM but the opposite. Can he possibly bend over so someone can pull his selfish head out of his butt? ME,ME,ME,ME,ME! Get a grip! I hope you read this, but then again you won't see the truth because you are too self-absorbed. UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!

June 25, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. joansolucky

Poor Ryan...such a victim of his own narcissism.....I think he needs Dr. Phil.....He is so out of touch with reality. I hope he gets help. Blame the child ?

June 25, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Deloresdelirious

I agree with all comments expressing sincere concern for the mental health of Ryan Oneal. He needs mental health counselling, not with Piers Morgan but an expert in the field. My guess is he still has a meth/drug problem (like Charlie Sheen) who no lay person can help. Morgan should not be making money on these tragic situations. It's disgraceful exploitation no matter how many people enjoy viewing it.

June 25, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. stacy balmuth

why didn't my comment post?

June 25, 2011 at 5:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Lagomorph Mom

I cannot find the exact group of words to describe my revulsion with what came out of the mouth of Ryan O'Neal during the 30 minutes of his interview I saw. What's worse is there was no one there to take him to task over his demented ramblings depicting his child's role in his life such that Tatum was a peer or sibling or parent instead of his child who deserved nuturing not blame for his troubles. Ryan O'Neal does not deserve the honor of being called, father. I see no reason to rerun the Ryan O'Neal interview other than to expose his delusional behavior to a broader audience garnering interest for his new cable reality show with his daughter. O'Neal's behavior clearly shows severely damaged character either from his upbringing or his substance abuse or his "Hollywood" experience or all of the above. And not recognizing his own demise, he passed this psychotic legacy onto his children who struggled through life, thanks to his lack of parenting skills and thinking of himself first instead of the life he brought forth upon this earth. Shame on you Ryan O'Neal!!

June 25, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. kay

Ryan O'Neal deserves to die in obscurity. What a worthless interview –Piers could have been a lot more challenging. Where the heck is the British cynicism when you need it? We don't need a younger, British Larry King. Anyone could guess that drugs were the main coping mechanism in a house fueled by ego, emotional immaturity, selfishness and violent behaviors. He had those three kids, his laziness created who they are today. Sorry, Farrah is as much to blame. I suspect drugs were not only plentiful, they were regularly used and the parents lost control and used them openly. What an absolute snow job, making Farrah into a saint without any blame to be assigned. Redmond was her doing too. Perhaps in all of this, he's the biggest victim of them all.

June 25, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Sandy

Let's look at the big picture. Why do Ryan and Tatum think they are so important to acquire our sympathy. There are millions of people in the world with real problems that can't be resolved. Ryan and Tatum's problems are all self-induced. Get over it, already! My advise to them is to stop thinking about receiving and give back instead. They are not heroes, they are just selfish, whining, celebrities who over rate their importance.

June 25, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Saila Na

The interview with Ryan O'Neal was shocking. He's a pathetic humane being. Horrible, uncaring, irresponsible father who cares only about himself. He revealed so much about himself. Sadly, I don't think he has a clue to how bad he came off. One of his statements that most astonished me was about how great Tatum had it when she was a kid. He pointed to her meeting Queen Elizabeth, dancing with Michael Jackson, and making millions. Hey, what more could a kid want???? Oops - maybe a dad who was there for her consistently, who ate meals with her, who said good night to her, who talked with (not yelled at) her.

June 25, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Kate

Ryan O'Neal is not All there mentally. The interview doesn't make sense- it would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

June 26, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Carol

What a narcissic, pathetic JERK! Ryan O'Neal doesn't deserve air time. He seems to think he's life's big victim........the fault of his children. Spare me!!!

June 26, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. SHEIILA TAGG

What a performance Ryan said he was a so so actor, but I think he deserves an Academy Award for this interview!!!

June 26, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Arthur Weinfeld

O'neal was a disgrace! His blaming was pathological. Mr. Morgan, your not holding him to task as a father, man etc was inexcusable.

June 26, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lisa

Piers did try he asked Ryan several times . . Ryan if you could go back in time how would you play your cards this time? Piers is brillant because he understood, on a human level ,Ryan is a control freak and could very well walk out of the interview. He did not point fingers and did get answers. . . Ryan did not know how to do it over. . like most men, my father, my husband etc. many many many leave their children for the woman they sleep with. . forgiveness heals and can bring many people full circle ,if they have time, BUT REMEMBER GUILT is tagged to these men who leave, they have to live with THAT!! Believe me Ryan has guilt. . . out of sight out of mind. . . helps the guilt . . NOW TATUM IS BACK!!! As much as she thinks he has his temper vis a vie Anxiety. . . her face gives him GUILT ( he said so , he took her photos down)

June 26, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Richard

CNN, please keep employing Piers Morgan so that we never have to see his weasel face back in the United Kingdom.

June 27, 2011 at 3:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Karla

Piers, why aren't you listening to these posts and stop interrrupting people for god's sake.

June 27, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Rosie

Why does CNN continue to employ anyone as ignorant and as rude as Piers Morgan? Who can suffer through a two hour session of this person. If he must be on TV, it should be at 3:00 A:M. No guest can state or say anything without constant interruptions from Morgan. Why don't you send him bacak to the U.K.?

June 27, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Margie Antico

There are a group of us here, and we LOVE Piers, we think that he is doing a Wonderful job. We look forward to watching him Every night. If he is there, we will be there.

June 27, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Margie Antico

There are a group of us here, and we LOVE Piers, we think that he is doing a Wonderful job. We were not sure if we would enjoy CNN after Larry King, but Piers is doing such a wonderful job!

June 27, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Nana Brown

Very Piers, great job. Ryan ONeal needed to be seen by therapist years back and needs to see one right away. He forgets as bright as Tatum was she was still a child, he was the Dad, he was the adult. Saying his children were loving, sweet and very bright but they were still kids not adults. Children don't need to meet the Queen of England to be happy.They would have been happier spending a day with there Dad and Mickie Mouse really. It looks like Tatum has had counseling and is matured than her Dad or was he acting? Not being in there home we will never know the truth but what I could tell this family needs hours of counseling with out drugs. I am sure his kids are more like him than he is willing to accept. How was Rayon with his parents and family? No one gets cancer because of kids stress if this was so half the words population would be dead. Ryan please get help and pay for your daughter and son's counseling. You need there love and respect just as much as they need yours.

June 28, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  43. oops

Very Good Piers, great job.

June 28, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  44. adrenaline xr

Great goods from you, man. I have be mindful your stuff previous to and you're simply too great. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you're saying and the way through which you are saying it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a wonderful site.

May 3, 2012 at 4:37 am | Report abuse | Reply